shape
carat
color
clarity

Kid''s Name: If your SO wasn''t allowed input

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the Eleanor front ... there was a top 4 dancer on So You Think You Can Dance this season named "Ellenore". The name has been in the press & on commercials etc recently even if you''re not familiar with the show. I think things creep into the national conscious these ways. Just MHO.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, I think you''re right. Without even realizing it these things creep into our subconscious. I still like Eleanor.
emotion-5.gif
I don''t like any names strictly because they''re popular but I wouldn''t discount them for that reason either.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
On telling names... we told everyone that our leading boy name was in the Harry Potter books, and that we could neither confirm nor deny that it was Xenophilius. Bwahahaha. I was "Rufus"/"Rufusetta" in the womb, which drove my grandmother CRAZY.

We didn''t get crickets when we decided to go ahead and tell what we were actually thinking, but we did get a lot of "helpful" suggestions afterwards.
20.gif
Like... Shackleford. And Temple. Not quite what either of us wanted.

Deco - ahh, that might explain some things.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
So many lovely names popping up on this thread. Makes me want another baby. Almost.
2.gif

One thing we totally forgot about when picking names was whether they''d go with our last names. We have different last names, so we ended up changing our minds about DD''s last name at the last minute. Amelia didn''t go with my name at all, so we switched it to DH''s literally while we were waiting in the registry office. Purely on aesthetic grounds, she became a Mitchell, which was never our intention.

What I really loved about naming her was that we sort of made a day of it - went to the registry office the day after we left hospital, then went for our first family lunch out, and then had a walk in the park. When we got home, we had a few close friends over for a small naming day party. It''s one of my best memories of being a new mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results