shape
carat
color
clarity

Kid''s Name: If your SO wasn''t allowed input

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 5:15:18 PM
Author: Blenheim
Date: 12/22/2009 4:38:06 PM

Author: mimzy

if DH had no say, my little girls would be named

Francesca Jane
Evangeline Christine
Mabel Marie
and my little boys would be
Micah Konstantine
Asa Benjamin

if I had no say, DH would name his son Edgar Allen, and his daughter Wilhemina
20.gif

Just saw this... DH really wanted Wilhelmina too.
33.gif

Lovelylulu - how funny. We could easily name a dozen boys in minutes, but girls...

I think I stand a higher chance of convincing DH to name a daughter Beatrice, but I just prefer Beatrix. I may need to compromise on that one.

haha DH wanted it based on the story of Dracula
3.gif
silly boys

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mimzy... that was part of my DH''s justification as well. LOL.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 5:43:05 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Ebree-I know, I hope Eleanor isn''t about to become the new trendy name of 2010/2011! Hazel is a beautiful name...what middle name would you put with that?

I think Eleanor is definitely a new trendy name! My niece is named Eleanor (she''s 3) and so is my friend''s daughter (she''s 2). It is a very good name, though.

As for my kid names, I have no idea! My husband and I have a lot of good family names between the two of us so I imagine we''d probably go with one of those. When I was younger I used to love the name Chloe, but I don''t love it as much anymore.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 3:39:26 PM
Author: cdt1101
For boys I liked Dexter and Henry (DH didn''t like either one). For our (hopefully) future daughter it would be Eleanor Rose. Currently DH HATES it, as he thinks it sounds like an old lady, but I BIG puffy heart the name Eleanor so I fully intend on pushing for it should I ever become preggo w/ a girl
11.gif
I think Eleanor is a beautiful name. I have a neighbor with a daughter with that name but they spell it Elinor, which I like as well. That was on my list of names if I would have had a girl.

My favorite name was Fiona Eden, which DH really didn''t like. However, since I compromised on our first son''s name, and my second would be my last, I told DH that if this one was a girl he would have no say. However, it''s going to be another boy, and we have more similar taste in boy names now, so I don''t think we''ll have an issue this time around ...

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 6:20:40 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
We''re not 100% sure we''re going to have kids, but we''ve talked about names we like. I have a feeling that if we do go down that road, choosing a name we agree on will be a tough one.

Some of my favorite names are:

Kathryn (Kate)
Grace (in fact, I love the sound of Kathryn Grace together)
Olivia (wouldn''t go well with our last name though)
Aiden
Connor
Kieran
John (Jack) Ryan (John is my dad and Ryan is a family name)

ETA: TGal''s most popular baby names thread reminded me of another name I love (and my husband likes it too!): Lucas. In fact, he wants to have a boy named Lucas Liam L_____. That''s a bit much in my opinion!
So funny - these are three of our top boy names for our little guy on the way! I like your taste! :)

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 7:21:53 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 12/22/2009 5:43:05 PM

Author: Bella_mezzo

Ebree-I know, I hope Eleanor isn't about to become the new trendy name of 2010/2011! Hazel is a beautiful name...what middle name would you put with that?

I think Eleanor is definitely a new trendy name! My niece is named Eleanor (she's 3) and so is my friend's daughter (she's 2). It is a very good name, though.

As for my kid names, I have no idea! My husband and I have a lot of good family names between the two of us so I imagine we'd probably go with one of those. When I was younger I used to love the name Chloe, but I don't love it as much anymore.

I think this is true of Eleanor...I hope not though! Some "lists" I've seen it seems to be a name some think will make a big comeback. Regardless, I hope DH will come around because it's such an elegant name IMO.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 7:29:02 PM
Author: vespergirl

For boys I liked Dexter and Henry (DH didn't like either one). For our (hopefully) future daughter it would be Eleanor Rose. Currently DH HATES it, as he thinks it sounds like an old lady, but I BIG puffy heart the name Eleanor so I fully intend on pushing for it should I ever become preggo w/ a girl
11.gif

I think Eleanor is a beautiful name. I have a neighbor with a daughter with that name but they spell it Elinor, which I like as well. That was on my list of names if I would have had a girl.

My favorite name was Fiona Eden, which DH really didn't like. However, since I compromised on our first son's name, and my second would be my last, I told DH that if this one was a girl he would have no say. However, it's going to be another boy, and we have more similar taste in boy names now, so I don't think we'll have an issue this time around ...

We have the same taste in names...Fiona was on our list w/ our 1st before we found out he was a boy. I still love that name though and DH likes it too!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 3:24:54 PM
Author:KimberlyH
If John had no say in it our daughter would be Gillian Frances. I have no idea what he would name her, I''ll have to ask. He really likes Frances, it was a top contender for this kiddo, but hates Gillian, unfortunately as it''s been my favorite girl name for a very long time.
Gillian is one of my favorite girl names too - you could always name her Frances Gillian and then just call her by her middle name if he refuses to budge (or play the labor guilt card and insist that you did the work so you pick the name).

I go by my middle name (I just use my first initial) and so does my brother in law, so I think that it''s not entirely uncommon to do.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
If he had no say then our next baby (if a boy) will be Sebastien. He has never liked it. He associates it with The Little Mermaid.
20.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it bad that we''re not even married and I have our kid''s names (and genders!) planned out?

Dhanya Alice and Owen Arjun, and if we have another girl Madhuri Lucy. I''m sure we''ll have lots of arguments if we have two boys
1.gif

Fortunately I think FI is just going to go along with me on this one, I''ve trained him by promising to name our future horses Doris, Ethel, and Mildred, so anything more popular is a big hit!

I actually think Doris is a very sweet name for a little girl, but Mildred... not so much.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
London and Trapper would still be the same.

If we were to have another boy, he would be Trader. JD''s unsure about it but I like it so ppppbbbttt. My brother''s name, Jason, for the middle name. Ha, he and Trapper would both have the same initials!

If we were to have another girl she would be either Sweden Grace or Svea Grace.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t have kids yet but ..

With or without BF''s input, first born boy will be a jr to him, Jonathan Noel. Noel was his fathers middle name also. I haven''t given much thought to a second boy name..

I''m stuck on Isabella for a girl. I like the middle name Noelle, but not sure if we would want our kids to have the "same" middle name (in the case that we have a boy and a girl). There are plenty of pretty middle names to go with Isabella though.

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
For boys I liked Dexter and Henry (DH didn''t like either one). For our (hopefully) future daughter it would be Eleanor Rose. Currently DH HATES it, as he thinks it sounds like an old lady, but I BIG puffy heart the name Eleanor so I fully intend on pushing for it should I ever become preggo w/ a girl
11.gif
I love Eleanor Rose! Then again, I really like old names; my older daughter''s middle name is Louise and she hates it with a passion, while I think it''s lovely and timeless.

If SO had no say on this one, he would have been Levi Dennis. Dennis is my dad''s name and I don''t love the name, but I wanted my parents to have a grandchild named after either of them as the other grandparents have. I was the only one who likes Levi, so Benjamin won out. I''m sort of meh about it, but don''t see anything wrong with it.

If this were a girl, her name would have been Sarah Rae. SO liked that name, so no problems there.

Pandora, I really love Daisy''s name, too. She sounds like a Daisy from what you''ve written about her.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 7:41:23 PM
Author: yssie

Dhanya Alice and Owen Arjun
Love your choices! Danya is my grandmother''s name, and Alice has always been one of my favorites. Owen is a family name going back generations in DH''s family, and if we have a son, it will definitely be part of his name (although all my relatives will call him "Oven," bless their Slavic hearts!). You have excellent taste in names =).

A lot of "old" names are making a big comeback these days. Eleanor is definitely one of those. I think you''d find very similar names if you compared today''s nursing home roster with tomorrow''s nursery school roster.

If DH had no input in my children''s names, I would probably choose my favorite Ukrainian names, but the reality is that not only would their schoolteachers and friends then butcher their names, their own father would as well. Something that sounds beautiful to me (example: Myroslava, meaning the glory of peace) sounds totally foreign and strange to DH.

Date: 12/22/2009 7:39:42 PM
Author: waxing lyrical
If he had no say then our next baby (if a boy) will be Sebastien. He has never liked it. He associates it with The Little Mermaid.
20.gif

I love this name and would use it myself .. but FI thinks it''s a name of a kid that''s "gonna get beat up a lot"
20.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
DH agrees with the 2 names I picked and he's going to pick out the middle names. I won't tell you them as they are a surprise, but I also like

Cecilia Rae
Raven
Aylin

Aiden
Xavier

(I think out of that list he would only like Cecilia)

If *I* didn't have any input, I know the girl would be Sloane (from Ferris Bueller). not sure what he would name a boy.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Is it bad that we''re not even married and I have our kid''s names (and genders!) planned out?

Nope, as I am in the same position!

I''m not as keen as my man on having kids, but a while ago I came home and told him our first-born daughter was going to be Olivia Kate G____ (last name is one syllable; Liv for short). It sounds strong but feminine to me. He''s pretty happy with that I think, so I regularly talk to him about how things are going to work when Olivia arrives
9.gif

I also like lots of girl names that other PSers have mentioned- Isobelle, Evangeline, Lucy (although that''s recently taken by friends of SO), etc.

Boy names are so hard! I love Noelwr''s suggestion of Xavier though
1.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to name my last child Sophia Marie. My husband did not like that name. He said he couldn''t pronounce it.
So we named her Kristina Marie.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I have not put a ton of thought into names just yet since I''m just shy of 8 weeks preggo but our current favorites are:

Nolan
Henry
Ellis (girl or boy)
Elinor/Eleanor Rose
Kyle (girl or boy)

The only name I like that he doesn''t is Charlotte. I LOVE the name Charlotte.

Elinor/Eleanor is definitely my favorite girl''s name right now. That was DH''s grandmother''s name and I think it''s a great strong but feminine name.

I also like the name Hollis but we already used that on the dog.
3.gif

I like sharing name ideas here - no one says "Ew!", or "Would you really call your child that?" or "I once knew a (insert name) and I hated them!"

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 1:31:31 AM
Author: kittybean

Love your choices! Danya is my grandmother''s name, and Alice has always been one of my favorites. Owen is a family name going back generations in DH''s family, and if we have a son, it will definitely be part of his name (although all my relatives will call him ''Oven,'' bless their Slavic hearts!). You have excellent taste in names =).

A lot of ''old'' names are making a big comeback these days. Eleanor is definitely one of those. I think you''d find very similar names if you compared today''s nursing home roster with tomorrow''s nursery school roster.

If DH had no input in my children''s names, I would probably choose my favorite Ukrainian names, but the reality is that not only would their schoolteachers and friends then butcher their names, their own father would as well. Something that sounds beautiful to me (example: Myroslava, meaning the glory of peace) sounds totally foreign and strange to DH.
I love the Slavic names too! I am first generation American, parents from Croatia, and I have 2 uncles named Miroslav. I like many of the Slavic names because I am so familiar with them, but my DH said absolutely not. Even when all 3 of us kids were born, my mom wanted to give us Slavic names, but as they were new American citizens, my Dad wanted us to have Western names, so we all do. He always teases my brothers that without his input, they would have been Igor and Boris - not the most common names heard in an American schoolyard ...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 7:33:19 PM

Date: 12/22/2009 3:24:54 PM
Author:KimberlyH
If John had no say in it our daughter would be Gillian Frances. I have no idea what he would name her, I''ll have to ask. He really likes Frances, it was a top contender for this kiddo, but hates Gillian, unfortunately as it''s been my favorite girl name for a very long time.
Gillian is one of my favorite girl names too - you could always name her Frances Gillian and then just call her by her middle name if he refuses to budge (or play the labor guilt card and insist that you did the work so you pick the name).

I go by my middle name (I just use my first initial) and so does my brother in law, so I think that it''s not entirely uncommon to do.
I''m thrilled with the name we''ve settled on so I''ve let it go. Gillian is on my list for #2 though. My husband used to work at a school and there was a horrid little girl named Gillian and he just can''t seem to get past it. He''s actually referrred to by his middle name and hates it so that wouldn''t fly.

I asked him what the kid would be named if he came up with it and he said he loves the name we''ve choosen; Katherine is his mom''s name and while he wasn''t fond of Jane when I first suggested it he''s grown to love it, so no real answer from him.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
double post

lizzard

Rough_Rock
We recently welcomed our son Max into the world. It was a name my husband and I both loved and was a pretty simple decision (and a simple name
1.gif
). If we didn't go with Max, he would've been named "Sam".

If/when we have a girl (and if I have my way with her name) she will be Layla June (June, after my grandmother). I've always loved the name and I think it goes well with our last name.

I also love the following names (my hubby, not so much):

Milo
Mabel
Sadie
Adalyn
Maggie
Norah

Boys names:

Oscar
Benji
Beckett
Pierce

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it was up to me, our future children would be named:

Boys:
Ascher
Rafa
Haven
Sander

Girls:
Famke
Mlain

The only names DH likes are Rafa and Famke. He dislikes all of the other ones.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to add that my other girl names would have been...

Evangeline (glad it''s showing up here a lot...I got a lot of weird stares when I suggested this name early on)
Harper

I''m pushing hard for Clementine for the next one....

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Clementine seems to be making a big comeback too...

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Ive ALWAYS wanted Gianna for a girl. Im dead set on it. And of course he hates it. So if he had no say, it would be Gianna.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Up until the last minute, my husband and I had decided to give our first child the middle name Jupiter! lol While I was zonked out after being in labor for hours and then having an emergency c/s, I announced that his middle name would be Jupiter and everyone in the OR stopped for a second and looked up at my dh in shock. Poor guy! lol Luckily he did have control over things.
2.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2009 10:13:59 AM

Date: 12/23/2009 1:31:31 AM
Author: kittybean

Love your choices! Danya is my grandmother's name, and Alice has always been one of my favorites. Owen is a family name going back generations in DH's family, and if we have a son, it will definitely be part of his name (although all my relatives will call him 'Oven,' bless their Slavic hearts!). You have excellent taste in names =).

A lot of 'old' names are making a big comeback these days. Eleanor is definitely one of those. I think you'd find very similar names if you compared today's nursing home roster with tomorrow's nursery school roster.

If DH had no input in my children's names, I would probably choose my favorite Ukrainian names, but the reality is that not only would their schoolteachers and friends then butcher their names, their own father would as well. Something that sounds beautiful to me (example: Myroslava, meaning the glory of peace) sounds totally foreign and strange to DH.
I love the Slavic names too! I am first generation American, parents from Croatia, and I have 2 uncles named Miroslav. I like many of the Slavic names because I am so familiar with them, but my DH said absolutely not. Even when all 3 of us kids were born, my mom wanted to give us Slavic names, but as they were new American citizens, my Dad wanted us to have Western names, so we all do. He always teases my brothers that without his input, they would have been Igor and Boris - not the most common names heard in an American schoolyard ...
Hah!

I showed this to FI, he just rolled his eyes.

Our kids got lucky - there are tons of pretty Indian names, esp. for girls, and tons of great boys' names from FI's background
1.gif

"Myroslava" sounds like such a beautiful name...

I didn't know Dhanya/Danya was Slavic! In Sanskrit it means "blessed". Very cool
1.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Jupiter is quite the name. What did his whole name end up being?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results