shape
carat
color
clarity

Kid''s Name: If your SO wasn''t allowed input

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If John had no say in it our daughter would be Gillian Frances. I have no idea what he would name her, I''ll have to ask. He really likes Frances, it was a top contender for this kiddo, but hates Gillian, unfortunately as it''s been my favorite girl name for a very long time.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
If my DH had no input, my son''s first and middle names would be reversed. His middle name was my first choice - DH really didn''t care for it, though, but we both liked the middle name I had picked, so we used the middle name as his first name, and my first choice name as his middle name.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
For boys I liked Dexter and Henry (DH didn''t like either one). For our (hopefully) future daughter it would be Eleanor Rose. Currently DH HATES it, as he thinks it sounds like an old lady, but I BIG puffy heart the name Eleanor so I fully intend on pushing for it should I ever become preggo w/ a girl
11.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Daisy would almost certainly still have been Daisy. I also liked Flora, but it sounds horrible with DH''s surname.

For a boy''s name I REALLY liked Bertie and so I would have gone with Bertrand Edward. DH hated Bertie, but his grandfather (and my teddy bear) is Edward so we both ended up agreeing on that.

We had far more differences on boys names than girls.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
If DH had any say in the matter (serious say anyway), our son would be named "Bobo Joe." He likes it because it rolls well with Domenico.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
For a girl it still would have been Sophia.

For a boy, Christian.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 3:42:53 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
If DH had any say in the matter (serious say anyway), our son would be named ''Bobo Joe.'' He likes it because it rolls well with Domenico.
LOL!

For a boy, it would be Joel Patrick. Joel is DH''s middle name and Patrick is my dad''s name. I like the way it sounds. DH is on board with Joel but not Patrick. I still have a couple more years to work it in, but since I love it so much we''ll probably have 3 girls.
20.gif
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked out a girls name already, and J loves it.

Neither of us can figure out a boys name. Knowing our luck, we''ll have twin boys on the first try.
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
In all seriousness, we already have 2 names agreed upon for B/G.

Girl:
Katherine Fenn (Katherine is my grandmother''s name, Fenn is a family name on my side)
Grace Campbell (We like Gracie for a nickname and Campbell is a family name on DH''s side)

Boy:
Jack Henry (Henry is my baby bro''s name and Jack goes well with it)
Aiden Campbell (again, Campbell is a family name and Aiden is a shout out to our mutual Scottish ancestry)

E B

Ideal_Rock
We have the same taste in boy names, so that isn't an issue. Girl names, however...

If he had no input and we had a baby girl, she'd be Hazel or Felicity. DH dislikes Felicity, but there's still hope for Hazel. I'm workin' on it.
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
If SO had no input, the names would be:

Audrey ________ (no idea yet, just love the name Audrey)
and
Henry James

They''re names I can see working well on kids, but they''re solid adult names, too.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Because I''ve been working on my husband for a while he may just be coming around
3.gif

girls:
Eleanore Fern
Lila "Lulu" James

boys:
much much harder...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ha-ha.

We''re TTC right now and this seems to be my fave hobby these days.
9.gif

For a girl he loves Sidney which is not my fave so I''ve done some aggressive lobbying and he''s pretty much come around to my fave girl''s name, Eleanor True
36.gif

Boys we''ve agreed to compromise on since I love Elias, Noah, and Jonah and he HATES them all, absolutely will not consider them, plus he wants to use his dad''s name "Earl" as part of the name. I think Elias Earl sounds great, but he does not.

So, we''re thinking Benjamin Earl for a boy.

Our last name starts with an "r" and sounds like "loads"

I''m sure we''ll end up with a kid and pick some name out of left field b/c none of these seem right, but for now this is the plan.

P.S. I don''t think I could have a son and daughter and name them Eleanor and Elias, I think it has to be an either or thing for since I''m not a fan of matchy matchy names
41.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
i loved his choice for our first baby...now if he was a girl we would have had tons of fights...I love Penelope, Clementine or Isla...I could only get him to agree to Isla...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, HH I
30.gif
your girls names!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised Eleanor has been mentioned as many times as it has in this thread. It''s the one name my husband and I can agree on for a future daughter. If I don''t convince him to go with Hazel, that is.
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 4:04:26 PM
Author: princesss
If SO had no input, the names would be:

Audrey ________ (no idea yet, just love the name Audrey)

and

Henry James

They''re names I can see working well on kids, but they''re solid adult names, too.

I''m partial to Henry James, those are my brothers'' names :) Jamie is the oldest and Henry is the baby (16 years younger than James and 13 younger than me)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
We actually agreed on a girl name no problem, Shelby Mae. Of course, that meant we had a boy, and took 3 months to figure out a name. I liked Brighton, Drew, Cameron, Parker, names like that. DH hated all of those. We ended up down to Garrett and Kyle. Kyle won.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 4:06:17 PM
Author: lovelylulu

Lila 'Lulu' James

I love this.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I wont be having kids but i do have a girl name i like...Tessa May. Goes well with my SOs surname.

Shout out to the Eleanor fans, i hadnt thought of it but i
30.gif
it! And also Leonor (like Spain''s tiny princess!).

Boy names are ugh....my SO like Finn which i am not a fan of at all...

But its all academic really! Sorry im not exactly who the OP was addressing...

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
ooh and Isla''s pretty too
30.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
if DH had no say, my little girls would be named
Francesca Jane
Evangeline Christine
Mabel Marie

and my little boys would be
Micah Konstantine
Asa Benjamin

if I had no say, DH would name his son Edgar Allen, and his daughter Wilhemina
20.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Beatrix. I''m still holding out hope on this one.

We had an easier time with boys names.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 4:39:01 PM
Author: Blenheim
Beatrix. I''m still holding out hope on this one.

We had an easier time with boys names.
I''m a lover of Beatrice/Beatrix myself. It''s funny that you found boys names easier. I could go on and on with girls names and am at a loss for boys.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2009 4:38:06 PM
Author: mimzy
Francesca Jane
Evangeline Christine
Mabel Marie

Micah Konstantine
Asa Benjamin

20.gif
Ohhhhh, Evangeline is soooo pretty!! I may have to mention it to DH.

I've said it a bunch of times already on here, but I do think the name Meadow is lovely. DH does not. Hmm, maybe he will like Evangeline!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ebree - I LOVE Felicity (it was on my long list). I have a couple of friends called Felicity, but both are know as Flick.

Tao - Clementine was another on my long list. So pretty...

The one I''m really looking forward to is my BIL and SIL choosing names for their future kids. SIL is American and likes the names that sound like surnames, BIL likes very classic traditional names. Neither likes the others taste... should be interesting!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 4:38:06 PM
Author: mimzy
Francesca Jane
Evangeline Christine
Mabel Marie

Micah Konstantine
Asa Benjamin

20.gif
Just saw this... DH really wanted Wilhelmina too.
33.gif

Lovelylulu - how funny. We could easily name a dozen boys in minutes, but girls...
I think I stand a higher chance of convincing DH to name a daughter Beatrice, but I just prefer Beatrix. I may need to compromise on that one.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ebree-I know, I hope Eleanor isn''t about to become the new trendy name of 2010/2011! Hazel is a beautiful name...what middle name would you put with that?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 5:43:05 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
Ebree-I know, I hope Eleanor isn''t about to become the new trendy name of 2010/2011! Hazel is a beautiful name...what middle name would you put with that?

My grampa thought I should''ve been named Hazel Dell. I always thought it was a weird name when I was little, but I really like it now.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're not 100% sure we're going to have kids, but we've talked about names we like. I have a feeling that if we do go down that road, choosing a name we agree on will be a tough one.

Some of my favorite names are:

Kathryn (Kate)
Grace (in fact, I love the sound of Kathryn Grace together)
Olivia (wouldn't go well with our last name though)
Aiden
Connor
Kieran
John (Jack) Ryan (John is my dad and Ryan is a family name)

ETA: TGal's most popular baby names thread reminded me of another name I love (and my husband likes it too!): Lucas. In fact, he wants to have a boy named Lucas Liam L_____. That's a bit much in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results