shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewellery Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkles!!

Wow!! I''d LOVE to meet up with you and see yr bling, sports car and all!! YAY!!
36.gif
36.gif

Unfortunately, this week is a bit bad for me. I am not working this week but have contractors/ workmen coming round practically everyday.

How abt next week? Say Monday or Tuesday? We can always meet for lunch, say Palais Renaissance or American Club (I am a member at the latter)? How do we recognise each other? Unless it''s at the Amer Club, I can always meet you at the reception.

Look forward to meeting you IRL, Yay!!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien,
You and Sparkles are both tai tais!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

I am not going to whip out the box but I do wear most of my jewellery on a daily basis (I don't really have that many pieces anyway), even to work when I am in S'pore (that's the beauty of being a freelance consultant, no worries abt what your boss/ colleagues think of you and yr attire
2.gif
).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How nice to have a flexible work schedule.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle,

Thank you thank you!!
1.gif

I see plenty of MEGA bling, particularly when I lunch at Palais Renaissance, and at places like The Paragon (oh, it''s been renovated btw) and even when I go to deposit/ take things out of my safety deposit box at the bank. I saw this woman with a monster of a princess cut ring. I couldn''t stop staring...and I am sure she noticed me staring too!! How embarrasing for me! He he
6.gif
. One of my recent clients had all kinds of bling: huge 3 carat on EACH ear, Tiffany heart pendant,, diamond studded Cartier watch (or maybe it was a Piaget?), huge RB ring (not sure of the carat weight, I think I went temporarily blind
2.gif
), bracelets, the works!! [I think I have to go wipe the DROOOL off my PC now].

It''s interesting what you''ve said. I wonder if Singaporeans are becoming more wealthy or is it more money from say the Indonesian Chinese etc. I think it''s both? I''d love to find out...wonder how (??). When did you leave S''pore btw?

Re yr Q abt re-setting: I am not sure, am still toying with the idea of an upgrade....[Hubby is gonna kill me!!
2.gif
though secretly btw you and me, I think he would let me if I really wanted to
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif
, as long as it''s not a 5carat RB].

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 11:25:50 AM
Author: lienTN
Elle,

Thank you thank you!!
1.gif

I see plenty of MEGA bling, particularly when I lunch at Palais Renaissance, and at places like The Paragon (oh, it''s been renovated btw) and even when I go to deposit/ take things out of my safety deposit box at the bank. I saw this woman with a monster of a princess cut ring. I couldn''t stop staring...and I am sure she noticed me staring too!! How embarrasing for me! He he
6.gif
. One of my recent clients had all kinds of bling: huge 3 carat on EACH ear, Tiffany heart pendant,, diamond studded Cartier watch (or maybe it was a Piaget?), huge RB ring (not sure of the carat weight, I think I went temporarily blind
2.gif
), bracelets, the works!! [I think I have to go wipe the DROOOL off my PC now].

It''s interesting what you''ve said. I wonder if Singaporeans are becoming more wealthy or is it more money from say the Indonesian Chinese etc. I think it''s both? I''d love to find out...wonder how (??). When did you leave S''pore btw?

Re yr Q abt re-setting: I am not sure, am still toying with the idea of an upgrade....[Hubby is gonna kill me!!
2.gif
though secretly btw you and me, I think he would let me if I really wanted to
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif
, as long as it''s not a 5carat RB].
I think it''s both too, plus a possible change in tastes.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

I really am not a tai tai, I promise!!
1.gif
. I wish though!
1.gif

Btw, I am picking up my eternity ring from The Carat Club tomorrow later in the afternoon (or I might ask hubby to do it for me)
36.gif
. Will try and post pics if I can (the photo-editing thing is a bit of a PITA, takes forever!).

I still haven''t given them my RB yet. I want to see how my eternity ring turns out first. To be honest, I am a bit nervous....haven''t had much luck with custom work in S''pore (btw, Sparkles, when we meet, I''d like to find out where you set your ring. Looks like they''ve done an excellent job on yrs. You had it set here in S''pore, right?).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 11:33:08 AM
Harriet,

I really am not a tai tai, I promise!!
1.gif
. I wish though!
1.gif

Btw, I am picking up my eternity ring from The Carat Club tomorrow later in the afternoon (or I might ask hubby to do it for me)
36.gif
. Will try and post pics if I can (the photo-editing thing is a bit of a PITA, takes forever!).

I still haven''t given them my RB yet. I want to see how my eternity ring turns out first. To be honest, I am a bit nervous....haven''t had much luck with custom work in S''pore (btw, Sparkles, when we meet, I''d like to find out where you set your ring. Looks like they''ve done an excellent job on yrs. You had it set here in S''pore, right?).
Who wouldn''t? Actually, I need the mental stimulation of working.
Looking forward to seeing your new ring.
Please, please find a good ''setter'' in Singapore.
Btw, if you''re not bringing the box, I won''t get to see all your goodies.
8.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Harriet, pls come and help with my search for an aquamarine/ topaz stone!! On the coloured thread. Ta.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cut?

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Guys, come on I was joking. I''m not a tai tai. I better be careful what I say around here...hahahahah means I was joking ya know!

Sheesh .......

We will arrange for next week....let me think of a place.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkles,
Nonetheless, I''d love to see your rock when I''m in town.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Thanks for sharing! I''m just in a puddle of drool over here.
4.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I love hearing about your collection, and especially seeing the pictures. Yummy!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, FG!
1.gif
I love your ring with the thin halo
30.gif
30.gif
. I''ve been coveting this setting, esp. around yr gorgeous pear, for a while now. Everytime i see yr avatar, it makes me want to rush out to get one exactly like yrs!! Who knows...
36.gif
36.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, RxTech!!
1.gif
1.gif
Thanks for looking!
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, an update:

I've collected my eternity ring from The Carat Club (for those who might remember my post abt ring re-setting). I must say my fear was realised. The shank is 2.5-2.6mm wide whilst I had specifically emphasized I wanted a very thin one, abt 2-2.1mm. The diamonds are not set in a fish-tailed setting a la Lynn B's, not even remotely!. I was rather disappointed. They even went ahead and did the setting for my e-stone, which is exactly the same as the other one, when I had said i) hold on to that for the time being (as I was worried they couldn't get it right so I didn't want both to be done at the same time; and as it turned out, I was right) and ii) I also wanted that (when they get round to doing it) to be of the same thinness, ie. 2-2.1mm, which it isn't.

I wasn't totally upset though, as the workmanship (except it was of the wrong design) is very good and the stones are very white, very clean and very very firey (exactly as the specs say on paper). Lucky I had the foresight to ask for the sizing to be slightly bigger (abt US 4.75) than it should be for my left hand. So I ended up taking it anyway and now am wearing it on my right hand. I told them to take a hike (or words to that effect) as far as the setting for the e-ring goes.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you. Thanks for "listening".

Pics for the eternity ring coming this weekend (I want to do it, at the same time as for my LV bags and purses, as has been requested, when I have more time and am a bit more relaxed).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 7:08:11 AM
So, an update:

I''ve collected my eternity ring from The Carat Club (for those who might remember my post abt ring re-setting). I must say my fear was realised. The shank is 2.5-2.6mm wide whilst I had specifically emphasized I wanted a very thin one, abt 2-2.1mm. The diamonds are not set in a fish-tailed setting a la Lynn B''s, not even remotely!. I was rather disappointed. They even went ahead and did the setting for my e-stone, which is exactly the same as the other one, when I had said i) hold on to that for the time being (as I was worried they couldn''t get it right so I didn''t want both to be done at the same time; and as it turned out, I was right) and ii) I also wanted that (when they get round to doing it) to be of the same thinness, ie. 2-2.1mm, which it isn''t.

I wasn''t totally upset though, as the workmanship (except it was of the wrong design) is very good and the stones are very white, very clean and very very firey (exactly as the specs say on paper). Lucky I had the foresight to ask for the sizing to be slightly bigger (abt US 4.75) than it should be for my left hand. So I ended up taking it anyway and now am wearing it on my right hand. I told them to take a hike (or words to that effect) as far as the setting for the e-ring goes.

Anyway, just wanted to share that with you. Thanks for ''listening''.

Pics for the eternity ring coming this weekend (I want to do it, at the same time as for my LV bags and purses, as has been requested, when I have more time and am a bit more relaxed).
Lien,
Are you keeping the eternity? If it''s not what you specified, you shouldn''t have to. Sorry to hear about your disappointment.
8.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2007 4:11:41 AM
This one is pretty...
THAT it is!!
30.gif

How did I miss this thread?!

You have quite a beautiful collection lien. Can I be you when I grow up??!
9.gif
2.gif

Enjoy!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Harriet. I am keeping the eternity ring. I am a little disappointed that they didn't do it to my specs and but not THAT disappointed, he he
2.gif
...I've decided it to keep it to wear as a stacking ring with my 3-stone RHR, he he!!
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif

It does mean though that I'll have to start the process all over again with another setting and most definitely another jeweller...how arduous!!
2.gif
1.gif
particularly when/ if I do decide to upgrade to a 4ct!!
11.gif
3.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Ellen!
1.gif

He he!!
9.gif

And thanks, I am.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 9:31:38 AM
Thanks, Harriet. I am keeping the eternity ring. I am a little disappointed that they didn't do it to my specs and but not THAT disappointed, he he
2.gif
...I've decided it to keep it to wear as a stacking ring with my 3-stone RHR, he he!!
3.gif
2.gif
1.gif

It does mean though that I'll have to start the process all over again with another setting and most definitely another jeweller...how arduous!!
2.gif
1.gif
particularly when/ if I do decide to upgrade to a 4ct!!
11.gif
3.gif
18.gif

For your sake and mine, it's disappointing that you haven't been able to locate good craftspeople in Spore.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2007 11:50:34 AM
Author: sparkles
Guys, come on I was joking. I''m not a tai tai. I better be careful what I say around here...hahahahah means I was joking ya know!

Sheesh .......

We will arrange for next week....let me think of a place.
Sparkles, I sent you a message on yr thread, abt perhaps meeting up this coming Monday either for lunch or tea, if you can make it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, some pictures of my new eternity ring:

IMGP1683_copy.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one:

IMGP1696_copy.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOT fish-tailed at all:

IMGP1676_copy.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more:

IMGP1656_copy.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one!

Worn as a stack ring...

IMGP1667_copy.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

Sorry about the delay...been a bit busy. I will contact the administrator with my number to give to you .....Hubby is out all next week so could meet you 1 night as well....

By the way......is there any sparklies we haven''t seen yet......hahah

Lol

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien,
May I please come play with the box?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results