shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this considered a good colour change sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 10:56:30 AM
Author: chictomato
I had seek some advices from Mr Richard Homer and he thinks that the depth is too shallow, it will result in a huge window. So I had decided to pass that piece. So now I will go on searching:)
For which one? 1.96 cc sapphire from D&J? Can''t say I''m surprised if that''s the case.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Good to know, Chictomato. I also sent Gene an e-mail a few minutes ago about a stone project I''m thinking of. Good luck with yours!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/4/2009 1:08:20 PM
Author: ma re
Date: 10/4/2009 10:56:30 AM

Author: chictomato

I had seek some advices from Mr Richard Homer and he thinks that the depth is too shallow, it will result in a huge window. So I had decided to pass that piece. So now I will go on searching:)

For which one? 1.96 cc sapphire from D&J? Can''t say I''m surprised if that''s the case.
?Nope I am referring to the 1.90. So what do u guys think of the 1.96 D&J CC sapphire?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Can you link to the 1.9 because I only saw the 1.96. Or since it''s hard to locate the exact stone on their site, maybe post the picture? Thanks!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi AustenNuts its from this websiteodysseygem but they had removed the 1.90 CC sapphire info since I am gonna purchase it then. Anyway, I will give this 1.90 CC sapphire a pass. Do let me know what do you think of D&J 1.96 CC sapphire D&J

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I wrote you my thoughts on 1.96 two posts ago (yesterday morning). See down the bottom of page 3.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there, what do you think of this Gem88, will you prefer this or D&J? reason being? tks!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I like this one (from precisiongem) better, since it''s got a better color change, both colors are nicely saturated, and it''s probably much more scintillating. It does show some inclusions, but it says they''re not as obvious IRL. The only drawback to it is that it could be slightly more difficult to set due to an unusual shape, but if you''ve got good and experienced jeweller it''s not a problem.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
hi there what do you think of this CC sapphire?
like the blue, a pity that its sold.. does that means that all Tunduru CC sapphire will have the same color change? tks

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Don''t know about specifics of that location, but I just wanted to say that I still don''t understand it why this vendor shows photos of only one color of it''s color change stones
33.gif
BTW this color doesen''t strike me as something special.

artemiss

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to jump in and say I have a couple of side stones from Dana that (I believe) came from this batch of Tunduru rough..they are FABULOUS...a really bright interesting teal colour in sunlight, and a pretty lavender purple in incandescent. I''m not sure if all of this batch or most of the material from that region is the same colour, but I have another Tanzanian colour-change sapph from another source that has a similar green/blue to purple colour change.

I am having a wicked hard time getting getting a good shot of the "incandescent" colour though, because the photos show flashes of the green that the eye doesn''t register. Colour-changers are notoriously hard to get a good photo representation of their colour, most likely for that very reason...

He''s a really great guy to work with, and I''d bet if you let him know what you are looking for, he might have something on hand but not listed that you might like..if you haven''t already, I''d recommend shooting him an email.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results