shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, April, Packrat, and VRBeauty. My son was taking this terribly hard and spent 1/2 hour crying before we turned the TV on to distract him. We'll be burying our kitty later today. A few years back, I created a cat made of pottery and it was glazed with water proof, high fire glze, and that'll be his headstone.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, MC...I am so very sorry. I know today will be a hard one for all of you.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 1:42:16 PM
Author: MC
Date: 4/1/2010 8:03:32 PM
Author: April20
I missed all the drama today. Boo for having to work and be in meetings all day. I actually went and looked for it and couldn''t find it. Did it get deleted?
I had Ella to remove the original post and now I see members here making fun of that. Really, is that necessary?

My cat was sick. We DID take him to the vet. He was DX with an intestinal blockage and she said he would need a $600 surgery and she (the VET) recommened euthanizing him.
I''m so sorry for your loss, MC.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back HARLEIGH! We''ve missed you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 5:58:23 PM
Author: Haven
Welcome back HARLEIGH! We''ve missed you!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s great to see you again!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your cat, MC.
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice to see you back Harleigh!!!!
35.gif

MC, sorry about your kitty!!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Haven, Zoe & Kaleigh!
35.gif
It''s so good to be back! Hopefully I can stay...I''ve lost my internet connection 4 times since getting back on PS last night...I hope that''s not a sign!
32.gif

I can''t wait to catch up with all of you! Yay!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
In case anyone cares, it went from almost 90 yesterday to 50''s today. That suuuuucks.

yeah it was 80 here yesterday and now it''s 60 and raining... ahhhh spring!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
MC~ I just read about your kitty. More (((hugs))).

39.gif
i dont want to do wedding planning
39.gif

I want to just elope from the elopement..
39.gif
39.gif

I don''t care about anything wedding related anymore. Just not into it. I hate it, actually.
15.gif
15.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
We''re at the "family compound" for the w/e, staying with my grandparents. My grandfather is freaking out because the wood in the grill he set last night didn''t catch and the turkey is cold. And the six boston butts he smoked overnight aren''t done and he had to put them in the oven. He''s walking around declaring it a "disaster". He just came in and took all the newspaper in the house to go re-start his fire. When he was told it was today''s paper he said he didn''t give a s**t. This is going to be real interesting!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a GREAT weekend April!
3.gif

We''re off to get our taxes done. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. I guess it could be worse though -- it could be April 14th.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 11:59:53 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
3.gif

We''re off to get our taxes done. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. I guess it could be worse though -- it could be April 14th.
We haven''t done our taxes either!! DH owns his own business, so we can''t get our taxes done until the business taxes are done. I''ve been on him to get everything to the accountant for weeks. He got the business stuff to him last week and I really, really want to get our stuff to him so it just gets DONE.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got home from a fabulous performance at the CSO. It was my first time seeing a double string orchestra, and can I just say:
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Started messing w/the front yard to expand our driveway today. I supervised by laying in the grass and watching the clouds. And I made a long list of all the projects we have in mind. I like lists.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My allergies turned ON with a vengeance today. Normally they''re around part of the year but fairly light -- PND -related sore throats for a few months. This time my nose was running like a faucet for much of the day. The OTC meds help the running but only a bit, but I still have the beginnings of a sinus headache.

It could be a long spring.

And... we could really use a violin-playing smilie!
2.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
That stinks, VRBeauty!

Can''t wait to hear how your weekend turned out, April!

We went house hunting after DH worked 3 straight shifts in a row, then went and played a poker tourney this morning. Needless to say, the house hunting was a bust and he was passed out halfway through dinner tonight.

God give me the strength to make it through Easter with the family!!!

Happy Easter, everyone!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I also just wanna say that it''s no wonder I haven''t been able to keep up here on PS...all of the dang posts have been going to my SPAM folder all this time...arghhh!!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I just went to my first real live soccer game with DH today!! I loved it and am SOOOO glad we have season tickets for the rest of the year!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Haven, ZoeBarlett, Kaleigh, and SomethingShiny. Last few nights have been difficult because usually it''s around 7 pm that my cat would climb unto my lap and cuddle and now he''s not there. I''ve been crying too. Not everyone gets attached to their pets as much as others, but I guess I am one who does. My other cat, who is 17 years old, has been extremely loving and cuddly and that''s helped.

Yesterday, I talked to my DH and I have decided to begin volunteering at an animal shelter. So many cats need love and I want to be one to help out. Maybe my kids can help too. . .that will be something I''ll have to think about. They may still be too young.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 12:05:30 PM

3.gif

We're off to get our taxes done. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. I guess it could be worse though -- it could be April 14th.
We haven't done our taxes either!! DH owns his own business, so we can't get our taxes done until the business taxes are done. I've been on him to get everything to the accountant for weeks. He got the business stuff to him last week and I really, really want to get our stuff to him so it just gets DONE.
Still taxes not done? Eh! We did ours early and received our return in the first batch of checks (or electronic deposit). When my DH was self employeed (which he now is again), we were late a few times and that was fun being fined.
14.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a good Easter when the ambulance has gone out 3 times full lights and sirens, and the Life Flight helicopter just came in.

On the good front, we are getting farther on the driveway project and talked about the projects we want to do this year and a couple more to do the next few years! I love project time! Our yard is going to kick ASS!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:47:14 PM
Author: packrat
Not a good Easter when the ambulance has gone out 3 times full lights and sirens, and the Life Flight helicopter just came in.

On the good front, we are getting farther on the driveway project and talked about the projects we want to do this year and a couple more to do the next few years! I love project time! Our yard is going to kick ASS!
Yeah, kick ass yards always rock. Be sure to posts some photos. I need some inspiration. Our yard is halfway complete. We're not sure how to level our yard properly, so mostly my husband and I sit there and stare at it while sighing.

Oh, and I was looking online at animal shelters in my area. It's so sad to see so many beautiful *adult* cats who need homes.
7.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:04:33 PM
Thanks Haven, ZoeBarlett, Kaleigh, and SomethingShiny. Last few nights have been difficult because usually it''s around 7 pm that my cat would climb unto my lap and cuddle and now he''s not there. I''ve been crying too. Not everyone gets attached to their pets as much as others, but I guess I am one who does. My other cat, who is 17 years old, has been extremely loving and cuddly and that''s helped.

Yesterday, I talked to my DH and I have decided to begin volunteering at an animal shelter. So many cats need love and I want to be one to help out. Maybe my kids can help too. . .that will be something I''ll have to think about. They may still be too young.
It''s so hard to lose a loved one, MC. I was thinking about you and your kitty this morning.

Volunteering with an animal shelter is a lot of fun. I started at the off-site adoption events, and there were always a lot of kids volunteering with their parents. It''s a great way to get a good dose of kitty and puppy loving, too. I think it''s a great idea for you!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
looked at cars this weekend. The best part was how the lighting in the dealership made my engagement ring look!
30.gif
I''ve only had it for two days now, but I can already tell it will be my new favorite way to procrastinate
11.gif

*sigh* soooooo happy now to finally be wearing it.

in other news, today is weird because people keep on telling me "happy easter" and I don''t celebrate it. I just smile though because I don''t want to hurt anyone''s feelings and make an awkward moment
20.gif
oh well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC-oh boy I love to show off our yard! We should be done w/most of it by the end of the month. We have some bricking and such in the back to do as well.

It''s nice that you''re going to volunteer at the shelter. We don''t have a shelter any closer than an hour away here..we have a vet tho..I wonder if they ever take volunteers to help w/their animals. It is really sad, I agree, about the number of adult cats in shelters. I hate to see them in those small cages.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 1:07:12 PM

Date: 4/3/2010 12:05:30 PM

3.gif

We haven''t done our taxes either!! DH owns his own business, so we can''t get our taxes done until the business taxes are done. I''ve been on him to get everything to the accountant for weeks. He got the business stuff to him last week and I really, really want to get our stuff to him so it just gets DONE.
Still taxes not done? Eh! We did ours early and received our return in the first batch of checks (or electronic deposit). When my DH was self employeed (which he now is again), we were late a few times and that was fun being fined.
14.gif
I am going to KILL DH if we get a fine for being late. I''ve been on him since February to be getting everything to our accountant. I was always the person who did their taxes the minute I had all the information. It''s making me pretty crazy to be this close to the deadline and not even have them started.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 4:00:37 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 4/4/2010 1:04:33 PM

It''s so hard to lose a loved one, MC. I was thinking about you and your kitty this morning.

Volunteering with an animal shelter is a lot of fun. I started at the off-site adoption events, and there were always a lot of kids volunteering with their parents. It''s a great way to get a good dose of kitty and puppy loving, too. I think it''s a great idea for you!
Haven,

Thanks so much for your thoughts. (Hopefully this doesn''t sound corney) but it means *a lot* to me for your kind words.

I''m such a sap as I went out and said a prayer to my kitty this evening and plan to put flowers by his little grave as soon as my tulips bloom.

I was again looking at the human society and PAWS websites and was rather shooken up by how almost all the cats who are up for adoption are 6+ years old. There is a cat who is 17 years old up for adoption. My remaining cat (a female grey kitty) is 17 and she''s been a part of my life since I was 20. That is a LONG life for a cat and her and I have been friends our entire adult life!!! I cannot imagine what it''s like tending to a cat that''s considered way beyond adoptable age, you know?

Sooo. . .anyway, my husband and I talked again, and now we''re thinking when (eventually -when finances are settled into place) we adopt another cat, he/she WILL be an adult cat rather than a kitten.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results