clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 1:29:56 PM
Author: trillionaire
20.gif
If I''ve been eating the same salad for over an hour, I can safely assume that I don''t want it, right?

stoopid rabbit food*/QUOTE]

I think the highlighted part says it all! Go donate what''s left of that salad to some deserving Easter bunny!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is home paperwork day for me. Taxes, reimbursement forms, and checks of all sorts will be sent off (knock on wood) by the end of the day, and the recycle container will be noticeably fuller. That''s the plan, anyway... wish me luck!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 1:35:51 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 3/31/2010 1:29:56 PM
Author: trillionaire
20.gif
If I''ve been eating the same salad for over an hour, I can safely assume that I don''t want it, right?

stoopid rabbit food*/QUOTE]

I think the highlighted part says it all! Go donate what''s left of that salad to some deserving Easter bunny!
Problem solved. I had a glass of wine, which always makes me hungry, so I scarfed down the salad in short order
9.gif

Now I am happy AND healthy
28.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 11:44:20 PM
Author: Haven
I just ordered a Kindle!

I decided I would get one if I got the job I''d interviewed for, and I did! I''m really excited.
I LOVE mine. You will love yours!

It drives me crazy when people post in SMTR or RT: "Can I please see a size 5.25 finger with a 2mm plat band and a stone between 1.8 and 1.84, I would like it to be D or E in color, and VVS1 or 2 and have tiny claw prongs."

I don''t mind the general ones but I''ve seen a lot of very specific ones lately that don''t get responses.

About the taxes...

My mom used to get my parents taxes and my dads business taxes done through the same company for years. Well, two years ago she was told she was getting $X amount of money back. The money went into her account just fine- but for some reason she had been going through the tax forms (very nit-picky). The accountant put $500 of my parents money into HER OWN ACCOUNT (found out later that she did that to several people). She then quit her job and was MIA. She gave most of the people their money back, except for my parents and I believe 1 other couple. Eventually the company that hired her (or whatever, the place she worked) paid my parents back and offered to do their taxes again next year for free
20.gif
20.gif
It was a HUGE ordeal. The lady actually thought she''d get away with it.

Anyway... check and double check everything.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I had to take DH to the ER today. He pinched his spiatic nerve (oh good grief im sure i spelled that wrong lol)
but I took the day off of work and went to pick him up because he couldn''t drive, couldn''t walk, could barely stand.
Now he is roly poly on the couch after taking his percocet
20.gif

Good thing I am here for the rest of the day though because he couldn''t bend over to save his life right now, took the poor guy 40 minutes to make and eat a sandwich while I was off fetching our other car
7.gif
Hope he feels better soon!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 1:33:05 PM
Date: 3/31/2010 10:22:29 AM

Author: OUpeargirl

After being on the market for over a year, my parent''s house finally sold! I am so thrilled for them.

That''s wonderful news! They must feel so relieved.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

They are indeed. I''m pretty sad though. When I go home this weekend it will be the last time I step foot in that house. It''s my dream home, I''m so sad to see it go! It''s definitely too big for just two people though. My dad is through the roof!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
*Rant*

FI and I just hosted my brother for 5 days, and I have a friend coming for 7 days starting tomorrow.
14.gif
I love having visitors, but I wish they were a little more spread out (and I almost had a double booking to boot!) On top of that, FI''s brother just found out yesterday that his thyroid cancer appears to be back.

So today, I decided to make myself look presentable, and I was going to surprise FI by taking him to our fav sushi place for Tempura ice cream and an hour of re-connect time. I literally sat by the window and wait and waited. (he''s usually home by 4:30pm). By 6 pm, I gave up. He usually calls if he will be late, so I was starting to worry. I called him at 6:30pm... he had fallen asleep at work. *sigh*

So, I adjusted, and had settled on dinner and wine at our house. I threw something together quickly, so that I could surprise him when he got home. An hour later, he is still not home. (works 15 mins away)

I give up. He has hockey practice tonight, so there''s no time for QT now.

The worst part of it is that now I am frustrated, and it''s not really FI''s fault, (if I told him I was going to suprise him, he would have scurried home!) which makes me feel like a crazy person. So, I need to decide how to console myself... ice cream at Rita''s ($.99 cone day) or going to the gym. Maybe both. *sigh*

April20

Ideal_Rock
I got new glasses this week and realized that they look *exactly* the same as my old pair. The old pair was black with white accent, these are dark brown with light green accent, but the shape is the same and from a distance they look NO different than the old ones. I like them fine. I wore the old pair for nearly five years. But this is what I get for being too cheap to buy the really cool pair. I just couldn''t see paying an additional $150 over what my insurance covers for glasses I need for reading and computer work. Oh well. Next time.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I hate Roaches. Especially big ones. Especially big ones who decide my loufa is a good hiding spot. Especially big ones who decide my loufa is a good hiding spot and then get on me. Especially big ones who decide my loufa is a good hiding spot, and get on me when I''m trapped... in the shower.... in the nude.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I guess it''s time to call pest control.
The one good thing about cold weather. No bugs.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
FI hurt his knee at his hockey practice tonight.
7.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 1:15:17 PM
Date: 3/29/2010 1:50:29 PM

Author: Lilac

Date: 3/29/2010 12:43:43 PM

I''m really excited for Passover seder tonight! It''s my first time hosting, but from now on this will be ''my'' holiday. I''ve been cooking for two days straight, and I''ve done so much mixing that my right wrist is killing me.

So exciting that you''re hosting, Haven! Have a great seder and Passover!

I''m kind of sad today. This is the first Passover my entire life that my grandparents are not here with us for the holiday. My uncle is going through some very rough times so they went to Israel to spend Passover with him, but that means they aren''t able to spend the holiday with me, DH, my mom, and my brother. We''re all pretty sad because for over 20 years we''ve all been together for Passover and my grandmother cooked everything (and I LOVE her cooking!) and now this year it''s just me, DH, my mom, stepfather, and brother. I''ve never spent this holiday without them... it''s so weird and so quiet in the house.

I am happy my grandparents were able to be with my uncle though. He needs their support and presence a lot more than us this year.

Aw, I''m sorry your grandparents had to leave, Lilac. That must be tough, especially since your grandmother did all the cooking.

How was your first night?

Didn''t see this until now! The first two days of Passover were good... I know people do different things depending on how they were raised or what customs they decide to keep themselves, so do you have two seders or one? How was your seder/seders? We were by my mom and things were kind of weird without my grandparents here this year, but it was really nice to spend some quality time with my mom for a couple days. I was sad to leave but so happy we went. We''re spending the last days of Passover (this weekend through next Tuesday) with my dad in a hotel in Maryland.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I miss everything....

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
The vibe in here is a real bummer today. Off to make dinner...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Some people are so ugly on the inside, you can see it even through the Internet.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today rules!
36.gif
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha Elle, you''re sending me mixed messages. FML here love my life there...which one is it?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 4:03:15 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Hahahaha Elle, you''re sending me mixed messages. FML here love my life there...which one is it?
Always FML. My job blows.

HOWEVER.

I''m getting tiramisu tonight.
There was bonus dramzzz on PS today.
I bought Joe''s Jeans for 80 bucks on hautelook.
The weather is gorgeous
Tomorrow is Friday
My husband told me I can get a third cat IF and ONLY IF I can keep it in an aquarium.

Again... Today rules.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 4:14:21 PM
Author: elledizzy5

HOWEVER.

The weather is gorgeous

Tomorrow is Friday

My husband told me I can get a third cat IF and ONLY IF I can keep it in an aquarium.

Again... Today rules.

1) I want

2) I missed

3) Awesome!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 4:00:01 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Some people are so ugly on the inside, you can see it even through the Internet.
On the plus side, they tend to leave PS. While I can take or leave the GBCPS posts that some of them make, I think that we've got a great group on here.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 4:28:44 PM
Author: dragonfly411

Date: 4/1/2010 4:14:21 PM
Author: elledizzy5

HOWEVER.

The weather is gorgeous

Tomorrow is Friday

Again... Today rules.

1) I want

2) I missed

3) Awesome!
1) Agree with DF
2) Agree with DF
3) Agree with DF

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Actually

I think I deserve tiramisu.... just for being female.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 11:06:26 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I hate Roaches. Especially big ones. Especially big ones who decide my loufa is a good hiding spot. Especially big ones who decide my loufa is a good hiding spot and then get on me. Especially big ones who decide my loufa is a good hiding spot, and get on me when I''m trapped... in the shower.... in the nude.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I guess it''s time to call pest control.
The one good thing about cold weather. No bugs.
oh.my.god.

I would have died. How did you not hurt yourself? I would have gotten tangled in the shower curtain, screaming and trying to fight my way out.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly-ICK ICK ICK about the roach!! I had something happen involving a huge corn spider several years ago-in underwear. Yeah. Nice.

Missed the drama today so not sure what happened.

HOWEVER it was.....drumroll....86 freaking degrees here! YES! IN IOWA THE FIRST OF FREAKING APRIL! We still had SNOW on the ground in shady spots!! hahahaha it''s so damned awesome outside I could scream!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 5:45:39 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 4/1/2010 4:00:01 PM
On the plus side, they tend to leave PS. While I can take or leave the GBCPS posts that some of them make, I think that we''ve got a great group on here.
Eh, not always, unfortunately.

And what is GBCPS? I''m confused! lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, that''s the stuff of nightmares. Dear God, I would rather come face to face with Norman Bates with a kitchen knife in the shower than a cockroach! My old office was infested with them. It was this beautiful upscale building in the Back Bay area of Boston and it was HORRIBLY infested. They''d crawl on the ceiling during the day.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 7:10:22 PM

And what is GBCPS? I''m confused! lol

Goodbye, cruel Pricescope!
41.gif

I missed the drama too. Why did I have to visit three different stores to find curtains?
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks E, I was confused too!

Those posts make me
20.gif
and I try to not
20.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wondered what GBCPS meant too..thanks for the clarification! Do they dramatically touch the back of their hand/wrist to their forehead and cry out GBCPS before running away? Or is that just how I see it in my head?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results