princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 4:58:28 PM
Author: kama_s

Date: 3/29/2010 4:55:45 PM
Author: princesss
*does happy dance*
Whatcha happy dancing about?
Just found out a little extra money is headed my way. It means I really don''t have to worry about buying my camera in May. I set a savings goal for my bank account before I can buy it, and I should clear that with time to spare. AND I should be able to set my stones in earrings earlier than I thought.

It''s a good day.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2010 5:00:39 PM

*does happy dance*
Just found out a little extra money is headed my way. It means I really don''t have to worry about buying my camera in May. I set a savings goal for my bank account before I can buy it, and I should clear that with time to spare. AND I should be able to set my stones in earrings earlier than I thought.

It''s a good day.
Sweet! Isn''t it awesome having extra cash come to you unexpectedly?! Enjoy the camera and the earrings! What stones are you setting?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great, Princesss!

-------------------------------------------------------

Three more days until I''m on vacation for a week.
36.gif
I just wish my husband had some time off also.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 5:06:11 PM

Date: 3/29/2010 5:00:39 PM

*does happy dance*

It''s a good day.
Sweet! Isn''t it awesome having extra cash come to you unexpectedly?! Enjoy the camera and the earrings! What stones are you setting?
It''s so awesome.

I''ve got two small OECs (one is my av - not sure I''ve taken pictures of the other one) that I''m setting in the 3 prong martinis from WF. I was really lucky to find two that make a well-matched set. .18 and .19 ct, G/H VS with the same dimensions (about 3.5x3.5mm). The project will probably have taken about 6 or 7 months by the time I get them on my ears, but I''ve really been enjoying it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 5:07:44 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
That''s great, Princesss!

-------------------------------------------------------

Three more days until I''m on vacation for a week.
36.gif
I just wish my husband had some time off also.
Yay for vacation! I am on vacation starting Friday, too!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2010 5:12:42 PM

Date: 3/29/2010 5:06:11 PM

It''s so awesome.

I''ve got two small OECs (one is my av - not sure I''ve taken pictures of the other one) that I''m setting in the 3 prong martinis from WF. I was really lucky to find two that make a well-matched set. .18 and .19 ct, G/H VS with the same dimensions (about 3.5x3.5mm). The project will probably have taken about 6 or 7 months by the time I get them on my ears, but I''ve really been enjoying it.
Sounds amazing. Looking forward to seeing pics when they adorn your ears!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
My husband never cleaned thye bathtub for the year before he met me. I''ve never seen him clean the bathroom to be honest. Good thing its my favorite chore!

I just ate some fresh strawberries, marscapone, and balsalmic vinergarette....one of my favorite treats when I''m counting calories and carbs!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 4:50:35 PM
Author: Octavia
I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about class action lawsuits, and I still have an hour of class left to sit through. Why, oh why, did I sign up for this course?
I'll trade you for business accountancy for lawyers? That's the one that makes me want to phone in sick twice a week.

HH - get on with it! No procrastinating!
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I just found out I have to extend my trip to Chicago this week by a day. We''re supposed to drive up Friday to see my family and now I get to fly straight there and have DH pick me up at that airport. The evil part is me is really happy to only have to make the 4.5 hr trip one way!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well phooey. no more sushi
7.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 1:50:29 PM
Author: Lilac
Date: 3/29/2010 12:43:43 PM
Author: Haven
I''m really excited for Passover seder tonight! It''s my first time hosting, but from now on this will be ''my'' holiday. I''ve been cooking for two days straight, and I''ve done so much mixing that my right wrist is killing me.
So exciting that you''re hosting, Haven! Have a great seder and Passover!
I''m kind of sad today. This is the first Passover my entire life that my grandparents are not here with us for the holiday. My uncle is going through some very rough times so they went to Israel to spend Passover with him, but that means they aren''t able to spend the holiday with me, DH, my mom, and my brother. We''re all pretty sad because for over 20 years we''ve all been together for Passover and my grandmother cooked everything (and I LOVE her cooking!) and now this year it''s just me, DH, my mom, stepfather, and brother. I''ve never spent this holiday without them... it''s so weird and so quiet in the house.
I am happy my grandparents were able to be with my uncle though. He needs their support and presence a lot more than us this year.
Aw, I''m sorry your grandparents had to leave, Lilac. That must be tough, especially since your grandmother did all the cooking.
How was your first night?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
true confession time, please don''t share this info with anyone, but the weather is lousy so instead of going to the gym, I''ve decided to curl up with my Kindle (not as cozy as a REAL book, but close enough) and a box of chocolate and the cats and pretend that my hips are not speckled with cellulite.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I love this thread, but haven''t posted. I just have to vent a little, though.

D and I try to keep our tax witholdings so that we don''t owe or get much back at the end of the year. We''ve never owed, but also never gotten back much, so it''s worked well for us thus far. Unfortunately our accountant just called and this year we owe $7,200. I''m really annoyed.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 2:22:22 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

D and I try to keep our tax witholdings so that we don''t owe or get much back at the end of the year. We''ve never owed, but also never gotten back much, so it''s worked well for us thus far. Unfortunately our accountant just called and this year we owe $7,200. I''m really annoyed.

23.gif

HOLY COW! That''s a lot of money, NEL. I''m sorry to hear that.
8.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock

WTH?!?!? I''m sorry to hear that .. I do the same thing with my tax withholding, but I think I''m going to stop after we get married, because it seems like being married opens you up to more "mistakes" or something with taxes.

Was there some specific advice your accountant could offer you so this doesn''t happen again?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ouch!

Sorry NEL, that''s quite the wallop
40.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$7,200? ....think of the lost opportunity to purchase a sparklie
11.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 2:28:03 PM
Author: lilyfoot

WTH?!?!? I''m sorry to hear that .. I do the same thing with my tax withholding, but I think I''m going to stop after we get married, because it seems like being married opens you up to more ''mistakes'' or something with taxes.

Was there some specific advice your accountant could offer you so this doesn''t happen again?
This is exactly what I wanted to know--we''re going to talk with our accountant tonight when we go over everything. We''ve never been very far off from breaking even--now I''m really worried about next year, so we need to make some changes ASAP.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
NEL, something''s fishy....

April20

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh. I would have kittens if I got that news!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, NEL, that''s crazy! I hope you find out that there was something amiss on your re-check and the amount goes way down.

I''m also feeling a little sour financially -- I just dropped $1105 for the pleasure of being poked, prodded, inspected, and generally turned inside out, then subjected to three days of grueling examination by lawyers in two states. And that doesn''t include the fee for the class that teaches us all the things we should have learned in law school but didn''t, between May and July. Joy.

In better news, the coffeeshop I''m in is playing "Solesbury Hill" and I chopped off 10 inches of my hair this morning to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just ordered a Kindle!

I decided I would get one if I got the job I''d interviewed for, and I did! I''m really excited.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

EEK! I hope you figure out what went wrong! Not the kind of surprise you want to repeat!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2010 11:44:20 PM
Author: Haven
I just ordered a Kindle!

I decided I would get one if I got the job I''d interviewed for, and I did! I''m really excited.

You''ve earned a Kindle, girl! Enjoy the new toy for the next few months, before you have to deal with the new job jitters!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I have such a migraine today - and a whole Uni assignment to complete before tomorrow morning
7.gif

Not. gonna. happen..

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
After being on the market for over a year, my parent''s house finally sold! I am so thrilled for them.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
J has had strep for the last week or so. I have been SO careful. Handwashing, no kissing, nothing. Guess what? Woke up with a sore throat.

UGHHH.
29.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree. Do you trust your accountant? I used mine for many years, and only recently realized that she does not have much experience in business taxes. Can you get a "second opinion" from another accountant after April 15th when everyone is not so rushed? You can always fine an amended return.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
20.gif
If I''ve been eating the same salad for over an hour, I can safely assume that I don''t want it, right?

*stoopid rabbit food*

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 10:22:29 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
After being on the market for over a year, my parent''s house finally sold! I am so thrilled for them.
That''s wonderful news! They must feel so relieved.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results