carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 6:43:56 PM
Author: Galateia

That's probably a good thing, because if it was still ongoing I would have posted a few choice comments and stories about living here in Lubbock that would have made people's eyes smoke when they read it.
38.gif
LOL! You can buy beer and wine in the city now... what could you possibly be upset about??
9.gif

FWIW, I have many friends that went to college there and LOVED it. I still don't understand how.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 6:42:34 PM
Author: April20

Date: 2/24/2010 3:08:51 PM
Author: trillionaire
My dog ate my library books. SERIOUSLY???!??!?!

W.T.F!!!!!?!?!!!!

29.gif

Lord help me find PETA''s number before I kill the dog...
Oh no! I hope it wasn''t an expensive book. If your library has one of those ''grace'' days where they excuse fines, maybe you can return it then.
1.gif

We kept my IL''s dog for a week last month. Their stupid dog ate nearly all of a $30 coupon good for ANY purchase at Jos A Banks. I almost killed him. He got on the couch and over to the end table to get the coupon. It''s not like it got dropped on the floor and he found it. Thankfully, I caught him before he ate the part that said the amount and they honored it even though it was all chewed up....

Dogs- can''t live with them, can''t live without them.
I had just stacked them together to return them to the library. UNBELIEVABLE! I''m used to her destroying MY stuff, but NOT public materials! ARGH!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
My dog is way to smart for his own good. Not only can he open the fridge and the oven, he ate a Burt''s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. What''s impressive about that is that it was in a metal tin that was sealed shut and he managed to screw the top off to lick the inside...yup...too smart...now I have to watch out for an upset tummy...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
my dogs did something this morning...however i''m not quite sure what. i just woke up when i heard my husband saying, "bad dog!!!!" and turned over, put a pillow over my head, and fell back asleep. i''m sure someone chewed something they weren''t supposed to...last week it was a roll of blue painters tape...all over the house.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, you''re coming to ABQ?! Wanna GTG?
1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Oh man I would love to but we aren''t gonna be there that long
7.gif
We''ll be back this summer for a long weekend though if you are still around!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I totally love when I spend 20 or 30 bucks of my hard earned money to have an item I ordered online shipped quickly so it will arrive when I need it.

I love it even more when that item still takes 2 freakin WEEKS to get to my house and when it does, it''s not even what I ordered! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 10:06:08 AM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Oh man I would love to but we aren''t gonna be there that long
7.gif
We''ll be back this summer for a long weekend though if you are still around!

Score, let me know
1.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just spent 2 hrs in a loooooooooooong meeting that I don''t even have to participate in. Thank you for pricescope and internet on my phone!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just found the Publix dried veggie chips and they are mmm mmmm GOOOD

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Just downloaded a free trial of photoshop cs2 because my cs3, cs4, and 8.0 regular and extended versions have all expired, i am such a cheapskate lol

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my dog a remote controlled car that''s intended for toddlers. It''s so fun watching him chase that thing around!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I just got out of a meeting and saw my boss and said "Hey! We missed you in the meeting!" His reply? "Oh yeah, I was just meeting with D here."
Who is D? D is a fella I had an interview with about a week ago (with my boss''s blessing of course being that we are laid off) so I shake D''s hand and say "Hi D, nice to meet you"

What did I wear to work today? My crooked glasses, no makeup, hair in a messy pony tail, jeans and an avalanche t shirt. Dress code is lax here but still, I wish I could have met him in person not looking like complete crap.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend who constantly talks about the house she is buying. I am happy for her, I really am, but...I just got laid off yesterday....I want a house too but it isn''t anywhere in our future soon...I wish she would just give it a rest for one day, le sigh.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 11:22:24 AM
I just got out of a meeting and saw my boss and said ''Hey! We missed you in the meeting!'' His reply? ''Oh yeah, I was just meeting with D here.''

Who is D? D is a fella I had an interview with about a week ago (with my boss''s blessing of course being that we are laid off) so I shake D''s hand and say ''Hi D, nice to meet you''

What did I wear to work today? My crooked glasses, no makeup, hair in a messy pony tail, jeans and an avalanche t shirt. Dress code is lax here but still, I wish I could have met him in person not looking like complete crap.

I''m probably going to get flamed for saying this but...

Let this be a lesson for your next position. Credibility and respect is just as much about perception as it is work ethic and merit. I understand you work in a somewhat lax and creative environment, but in my experience even the most lax offices still expect you to look professional while being dressed down. That means tee shirts with no graphics on them, jeans without holes, overall good hygiene, hair and teeth brushed, etc. This situation is a perfect example of the phrase "you never know who''s going to walk into your life and when." Sorry this happened to you, hopefully they guy understands the situation and it doesn''t reflect badly on the job opp.

É

étoile

Wowieeeee! I just cleaned my ering and got under the pavillion really well this time. I forgot she could twinkle like that...amazing
emstar.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 1:30:45 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

I just got out of a meeting and saw my boss and said ''Hey! We missed you in the meeting!'' His reply? ''Oh yeah, I was just meeting with D here.''

Who is D? D is a fella I had an interview with about a week ago (with my boss''s blessing of course being that we are laid off) so I shake D''s hand and say ''Hi D, nice to meet you''

Let this be a lesson for your next position. Credibility and respect is just as much about perception as it is work ethic and merit. I understand you work in a somewhat lax and creative environment, but in my experience even the most lax offices still expect you to look professional while being dressed down. That means tee shirts with no graphics on them, jeans without holes, overall good hygiene, hair and teeth brushed, etc. This situation is a perfect example of the phrase ''you never know who''s going to walk into your life and when.'' Sorry this happened to you, hopefully they guy understands the situation and it doesn''t reflect badly on the job opp.
I love casual our Fridays! I''m sorry you had to learn this lesson the hard way, Smurf.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate meetings!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I am totally distracted by my belly today. Every time someone talks to me the baby will move, and I will find myself staring at it in awe. You''d think he''d never moved before or something
20.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling really down in the dumps, and until the day ends and I go home there isn''t much of ANYTHING that will cheer me up.

É

étoile

Date: 2/25/2010 2:12:11 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I''m feeling really down in the dumps, and until the day ends and I go home there isn''t much of ANYTHING that will cheer me up.
awww, why are u dumpy?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm feeling rather like I'm at that stage where you know you likely have just a little too much more info than what's good for you, and you have to stop to wonder if you're about to sabotage yourself with misplaced cockiness..

40.gif

On the plus side, kitty's eye has stopped leaking!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 1:30:45 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Let this be a lesson for your next position. Credibility and respect is just as much about perception as it is work ethic and merit. I understand you work in a somewhat lax and creative environment, but in my experience even the most lax offices still expect you to look professional while being dressed down. That means tee shirts with no graphics on them, jeans without holes, overall good hygiene, hair and teeth brushed, etc. This situation is a perfect example of the phrase ''you never know who''s going to walk into your life and when.'' Sorry this happened to you, hopefully they guy understands the situation and it doesn''t reflect badly on the job opp.

I hope you don''t get flamed
1.gif
because I totally agree with you. The funny thing is, usually this is how everyone else dresses and I wear nice heels and a dress or dress pants with a nice shirt to work with my hair done, etc. So today I was just feeling kinda bummed because of the whole lay off thing, didn''t get much sleep and am just getting a cold so I didn''t think anything of it when I got ready this morning. I DEFINITELY learned my lesson, I just have to laugh at the irony of the one day I don''t look nice this happens, oi!

dragonfly- I''m sorry you are feeling dumpy
7.gif

Yssie- I''m glad your cat''s eye stopped leaking!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 2:14:13 PM
Author: étoile

awww, why are u dumpy?

lots of crap that I can''t share here unfortunately. It''d make me feel better if I could.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m stuck in NY. Along with the hundreds of other people at La Guardia.

My flight is still showing delayed, but I''m not holding my breath.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
why whenever I post a comment on my face book about how happy I am , or how proud I am of my daughters, or how thankful I am for having a husband who loves me for me. Do certain members of my family think that I am gloating or that what I am really saying is their lives are crap compared to mine??????????

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE HAPPY FOR ME!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 4:35:25 PM
Date: 2/25/2010 2:14:13 PM

Author: étoile

awww, why are u dumpy?

Sorry to hear that, Dragonfly. Maybe vent here in a hypothetical way? I hate to hear that anyone feels like they can''t share because they don''t feel safe here. Too much drama=no bueno, but if you really need to get something off your chest and are willing to subject yourself to potential advice then I say full speed ahead. Hope you''re not sick, btw.

lots of crap that I can''t share here unfortunately. It''d make me feel better if I could.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Did Beyonce get a bulk deal on her music videos; they all look the same...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Awww smurph! Sorry bout that! We have had exactly 1 casual day at my job...and my boss gave us very specific instructions that we can wear whatever we would like, however we would have to feel comfortable in whatever bwe wore if the president of the company came in.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how my cat Gracie has grown to trust me enough that she sleeps on my bed with me.
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results