shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Grrr. I moved to DC and it keeps snowing all the time. My dog has cabin fever and has been getting into EVERYTHING! At this rate, I'm going to give her to gypsies before Spring gets here!!! AHHHHHHHhhhhh! They are calling for a foot or more of snow this weekend!
15.gif
39.gif
15.gif

#SOFRIGGINFRUSTRATED!!!!

##gladIdon'thavekids

meresal

Ideal_Rock
It REALLY annoys me when my friend, who is a teacher, complains that she "needs a break".

The only thing I can think in my head is... "Ohh, was the 3 month one in the middle of the year not enough, and then the week at Thanksgiving, and then the 3 weeks at Christmas, and then the week you get in the Spring, and then that 3 months break again????"

I''m all for people complaining about "work", but please don''t complain to me about "needing" vacation when you get about a 1/3rd of the year off, and get paid a full salary for all 12 months. You have PLENTY of time for vacation!

Vent over. Flame away at me, I know I deserve it.
9.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I got my e-ring back today!!!!! One of the little diamonds fell out during a cleaning by a maul store (and at this point, I didn''t trust them anymore, so I went back to my original jeweler) and I dropped it off at my jeweler on Monday and I just got it back!! She''s extra sparkly, clean and perfect!!! I''m in love all over again!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:47:27 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
I got my e-ring back today!!!!! One of the little diamonds fell out during a cleaning by a maul store (and at this point, I didn''t trust them anymore, so I went back to my original jeweler) and I dropped it off at my jeweler on Monday and I just got it back!! She''s extra sparkly, clean and perfect!!! I''m in love all over again!!
Yay!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so tired of how expensive everything is in Singapore. We have to pay to use EVERYTHING! We have to pay to use the road and I don''t mean road tax (that''s a separate story) but we literally have pay to use the road in specific areas and it ranges from S$0.50 to S$3.00 and if you hit a few gantries at one stretch, you pay a few times.

On top of that, I just found out that my car insurance just went up by 20% despite never ever having made a claim in my life - but the insurers having been raising it year on year! We also have to pay to have our cars inspected once they are 3 years old and that''s another S$62!

No wonder our ruling government party is called Pay-And-Pay!!!

OK...my rant for the day!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 5:47:03 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
<~~~~~~~Culprit

I was cuddling with saffron today being the best cat mommy ever, even gave him a treat in the middle of the day!

How does he repay me?

Sticks his little cat butt right in my face and lets one rip
38.gif
LMAO!!!
27.gif

My friend''s dog did that to me too, but it was more like...she expressed her anal glands while on my lap...now that was stinky....

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:09:45 PM
Author: meresal
It REALLY annoys me when my friend, who is a teacher, complains that she ''needs a break''.

The only thing I can think in my head is... ''Ohh, was the 3 month one in the middle of the year not enough, and then the week at Thanksgiving, and then the 3 weeks at Christmas, and then the week you get in the Spring, and then that 3 months break again????''

I''m all for people complaining about ''work'', but please don''t complain to me about ''needing'' vacation when you get about a 1/3rd of the year off, and get paid a full salary for all 12 months. You have PLENTY of time for vacation!

9.gif

I''m not gonna flame you
9.gif
I completely agree about the vaca thing but...I thought teachers were only paid for 9 months out of the year, usually between 30k and 45k or something like that...I don''t think they get paid in the summer, regardless though, I''d love that vaca time

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I think stickers on school buses that say, "Safety is our goal," are ridiculous. Safety should not be a goal - it''s not something you''re working towards. How about "Safety is the only acceptable choice because you''re trusting us with your child''s life"?????

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 9:44:30 AM
Author: princesss
I think stickers on school buses that say, ''Safety is our goal,'' are ridiculous. Safety should not be a goal - it''s not something you''re working towards. How about ''Safety is the only acceptable choice because you''re trusting us with your child''s life''?????
This one made me LOL. You''re totally right, Princesss!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I just wanna say...that I absolutely LOATHE the woman I am training to take over my spot when I go on maternity leave. LOATHE. With a PASSION. I have never disliked someone this much.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
The sun is shining again in Florida!!! Thank goodness!!! It''s been dreary and dark for almost a week and I was getting SAD! I love sunshine!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 9:35:04 AM
Author: Smurfyimproved

Date: 2/3/2010 10:09:45 PM
It REALLY annoys me when my friend, who is a teacher, complains that she 'needs a break'.

The only thing I can think in my head is... 'Ohh, was the 3 month one in the middle of the year not enough, and then the week at Thanksgiving, and then the 3 weeks at Christmas, and then the week you get in the Spring, and then that 3 months break again????'

I'm all for people complaining about 'work', but please don't complain to me about 'needing' vacation when you get about a 1/3rd of the year off, and get paid a full salary for all 12 months. You have PLENTY of time for vacation!

9.gif

I'm not gonna flame you
9.gif
I completely agree about the vaca thing but...I thought teachers were only paid for 9 months out of the year, usually between 30k and 45k or something like that...I don't think they get paid in the summer, regardless though, I'd love that vaca time
I think some school districts used to give you the choice to receieve them for 9 months (school year), or spread out over all 12 months. I know for sure that her district requires that they receive checks all 12 months.

Either way, it is a full years salary and you work 9 months. Then you get the option to work other jobs during your off time for extra cash, or just relax and travel.

FWIW, this is also the girl that decided to have her wedding the week AFTER spring break is over, and she is constantly complaining about not being able to take any sick days, because she needs them for her honeymoon. (She gets 5 for the school year... again is quite a bit when you think about the fact that I only get 8 and work 12 months... but not the point.)
*My thoughts: You get 3 MONTHS off in the middle of the YEAR!!! Why did you decide that MARCH was the BEST POSSIBLE OPTION to have your wedding?!?!?!?*

I think I am just tired of the pointless complaining.
14.gif

I actually jokingly snapped at DH last night, because he was complaining about his toes being numb. You have to understand that he complains about "some" sports injury almost everyday. So the minute he said this, I replied, "I'll get the scissors, we'll just cut them off." He looked back at me so shocked, and I just told him that if he didn't complain so much, then I would probably take his "injuries" more seriously... then I went back to my magazine. He told me He loved me.
9.gif

Princess- Your post is too funny!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Ahh gotcha, I always wondered that about teachers. It seems lately everyone has been complaining more than necessary (myself included)! Maybe we should make a pact to complain less lol I have a feeling it''s partly because of the gloomy weather outside.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I loathe the fact that we have to keep an underperforming employee in our department because her therapist gave her a note of medical necessity. The concessions we are forced to make for her are causing negativity to circulate through our employees who ARE performing on point. I''m afraid we are going to lose really great employees for the sake of one who has never performed up to par but has a very compassionate manager on her side.

I am ashamed to be a part of a management team that thinks this is an acceptable situation and haven''t slept well in two nights because of how upset I am. I question if maybe I am incapable of balancing compasion with business sense and wonder if maybe I am the failure.

Wow that felt good to finally admit.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 12:01:13 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
I loathe the fact that we have to keep an underperforming employee in our department because her therapist gave her a note of medical necessity. The concessions we are forced to make for her are causing negativity to circulate through our employees who ARE performing on point. I''m afraid we are going to lose really great employees for the sake of one who has never performed up to par but has a very compassionate manager on her side.

I am ashamed to be a part of a management team that thinks this is an acceptable situation and haven''t slept well in two nights because of how upset I am. I question if maybe I am incapable of balancing compasion with business sense and wonder if maybe I am the failure.

Tough situation, KTF. *hugs*

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 12:14:17 PM

That *is* a tough situation. I have no advice, but I wanted to tell you that I admire how much you care about your team and how seriously you take your role as part of a management team. Not everyone is like that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i need a nap.
24.gif
didn''t get much sleep last night.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
is 100% over parents being insulting and condescending. I am 27, and I not a child. I don''t need you to dictate to me what to do, or how or when to do it. It would be helpful if you could recognize that we are adults with our own household, and that if you don''t give respect, it makes it really difficult to expect it back in return.

#parentalfail

/rant

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After not exercising in a really long time, I walked two miles on a treadmill yesterday. Today I''m a little sore and tired but it''s not going to stop me from doing it again tomorrow. Today though, I feel like DF. I can use a nap
5.gif
. I had a restless night. I have to get this old fibro-body used to exercising again.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 12:33:19 PM
Author: trillionaire
is 100% over parents being insulting and condescending. I am 27, and I not a child. I don''t need you to dictate to me what to do, or how or when to do it. It would be helpful if you could recognize that we are adults with our own household, and that if you don''t give respect, it makes it really difficult to expect it back in return.

#parentalfail

/rant
Sorry Trill. However, it doesn''t really go away wth some parents, until you no longer go to them for ANYTHING, or ever in some rare cases I guess.

My DH didn''t realize that this behavior was directly related to them still paying for EVERYTHING he did. He thought they were just being nice... and the random calls to yell at him about nosense crap when he didn''t even live at home anymore, he just couldn''t figure out why?
20.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
If you call me for help, and I take the time to answer the phone, DO NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE about 99% of the people that call on a daily basis. THEY ARE UNINTELLIGENT, AND LAZY.
29.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock

#parentalfail

/rant
OOOOhhhh...I concur! I hate being judged by my own parents!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby gets the ultimatum tonight that if he doesn''t sort through the 50 boxes of junk he''s carted around these past 40 years, I WILL. PANT PANT. I''m not exaggerating -- 50 boxes. Opened a huge one this morning -- it was 90% full of empty boxes and some stuff from medical school eons ago. There were, sketched on the backs of envelopes and paper scraps, diagrams of his vegetable garden. He hasn''t planted a garden since the 1980''s. SHRIEK. Tax returns from the 80''s too. MOAN.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 12:46:31 PM

#parentalfail

/rant
Sorry Trill. However, it doesn''t really go away wth some parents, until you no longer go to them for ANYTHING, or ever in some rare cases I guess.

My DH didn''t realize that this behavior was directly related to them still paying for EVERYTHING he did. He thought they were just being nice... and the random calls to yell at him about nosense crap when he didn''t even live at home anymore, he just couldn''t figure out why?
20.gif

I had this epiphany myself a couple months ago lol I''m so glad we are working on getting things paid off but my parents still lend us help for gas once or twice a month while we are catching up. could be worse...used to be rent, our main bills, food, gas, and internet. The main things we needed for job hunting plus necessities...it was not fun...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 1:33:59 PM
Author: Matata
Hubby gets the ultimatum tonight that if he doesn''t sort through the 50 boxes of junk he''s carted around these past 40 years, I WILL. PANT PANT. I''m not exaggerating -- 50 boxes. Opened a huge one this morning -- it was 90% full of empty boxes and some stuff from medical school eons ago. There were, sketched on the backs of envelopes and paper scraps, diagrams of his vegetable garden. He hasn''t planted a garden since the 1980''s. SHRIEK. Tax returns from the 80''s too. MOAN.

good luck to ya!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2010 1:33:59 PM
Author: Matata
Shred baby, shred! Or if you have a fireplace.......

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 12:20:53 PM
Author: CurlySue

Date: 2/4/2010 12:14:17 PM

That *is* a tough situation. I have no advice, but I wanted to tell you that I admire how much you care about your team and how seriously you take your role as part of a management team. Not everyone is like that.
Thank you both. It''s nice to hear I''m not completely insane. I am very dedicated to my team (and in turn, they are very dedicated employees). Everything I do day in and day out at the office is always with their best interests at the forefront of my mind. I believe it is my responsibility as a manager to do whatever I can to make their jobs satisfying. To know there is this much negativity surrounding one person is very frustrating to me.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Today I designed a webpage for a hair stylist and also was recruited to design wedding invites and rsvps for a wedding in june

On a completely different note...Why did facebook have to change the layout again? I was perfectly happy with the old one...oi
38.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow''s Friday! I can''t wait until this weekend, just so I can sleep in. I *need* a vacation.
3.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate it when I remember seeing a video on youtube a while back (might''ve been a looong while back tho) and now I can''t fricken find it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results