shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

April20

Ideal_Rock
I am in the same city that my youngest sister is in for college. I''m meeting her for dinner in ten minutes. I''m about to have the best roast chicken and potatoes I''ve ever had in my life. I wish I knew how they keep the chicken so juicy. And they have cupcakes!!! Now let''s just hope the chicken is stiill on the menu!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 6:01:36 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Tomorrow''s Friday! I can''t wait until this weekend, just so I can sleep in. I *need* a vacation.
3.gif
So true so true!!! I can''t wait either!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I hate fighting with dh...particularly at 7 in the morning, puts me in a crappy mood for the whole day
As I type I''m sitting at my desk crying
7.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bruised, damaged fruit: how do you avoid it? It feels and looks perfectly good when I buy it, but when I peel it there are always bruises or other nasty things.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Dear Smurfy don''t cry.... eat some chocolate instead
5.gif

I hate the weather where I live. Really I do. Technically this should be fairly comfortable weather, it''s not hot but not cold.. in the middle. But it is overcast and the dampness in the air makes it cold for me. I cannot for the life of me warm up.

But I smell like roses and am wearing pearls on a casual Friday... so that makes it all better
16.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 9:43:59 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Bruised, damaged fruit: how do you avoid it? It feels and looks perfectly good when I buy it, but when I peel it there are always bruises or other nasty things.
Try a new market?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I have a very very busy weekend coming up....I wish I could just stay home instead, but I''m already committed!
8.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 9:54:07 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Dear Smurfy don''t cry.... eat some chocolate instead
5.gif

I did, I had a mini crunch bar but it didn''t help
7.gif
Will just have to ride this one out I guess

And on another note, my "friend"''s mother has been complaining on facebook about what a terrible friend I am for not giving enough...this is the alcoholic friend who doesn''t realize it yet...I''m pretty sure I give plenty, but I''m not gonna feel like a bad person for wanting to spend v-day with my husband instead of with her
20.gif
ughh what a crappy friday, thanks for the vent...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Smurf - How about a compromise... have hubby time, but also set away an hour for friend? Maybe lunch? And I''m pretty much a defensive person when it comes to people insulting me so I''d call the mom out privately. That''s me though.

As to bruised fruit - BUY LOCAL ... the local growers take a great deal of pride in their harvests... and you will get LESS bruised fruit. I find I can get MORE on 20 dollars for produce than at a grocery as well.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I emailed the mom a letter explaining how we were in 2 different phases of life, her still being younger and in college party mode, stringing guys along....and then me becoming more of a homebody and wanting to spend special holidays with just my husband at times (although on christmas she came over and opened a ton of gifts from everyone to her that afternoon and hung out; she got mad that we didnt call her to go to church). I told her I understood where friend was coming from not having a lot of friends out here but that we shouldn''t have to hold her hand all the time and certainly shouldn''t have to put up with insults because we want time alone sometimes. I also asked her mom for her advice on what to do because I''m at a loss. I offer to hang out with her but if it doesn''t involve going to the bar or going out to eat or to a movie or something that costs money...she''s not interested, and right now we are trying to save money. And it doesn''t seem that she will come visit us anyways at home unless there is drinking involved...which there usually isn''t... I dunno, it''s just really frustrating.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Meresal! This happens to me wherever I buy produce. I probably need new glasses.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
and now I just remembered that friend reads her mom''s emails, crap...forgot about that

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
sounds to me like she needs to hear it.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:06:58 AM

Yeah I''ve been workin up the courage...spent a good chunk of my morning in an al-anon chat room

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:18:18 AM
Author: Smurfyimproved

Date: 2/5/2010 11:06:58 AM

Yeah I've been workin up the courage...spent a good chunk of my morning in an al-anon chat room
because of the friend?

I wouldn't go rushing to assume that she is an alcoholic. You said yourself, that she is just being young. Most of my sorority sisters from college and other friends still live in the "happening" part of town and go out Thurs-Sun, but that doesn't mean that they are alcoholics. And yes, they also prefer to do things that involve going "out" and "drinking", but that is because they are in their early/mid 20's and single.

The only reason I say this, is because it sounds like she is already defensive. I wouldn't go accusing her of anything like alcoholism... I can't see that getting you very far.

Have you tired to invite her over for dinner once a week or something? I do girls' night with my friends and we cook dinner and watch The Bachelor. It's cheap and everyone brings something for the meal.

MadamB- Hey
35.gif
Too funny about the glasses! Maybe you could have a strapping young produce stocker pick out some good ones for you
31.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Mere- I don''t think she is one because she likes to go out, i''m fine with that. What I''m not fine with is her going home after work everyday and drinking til she falls asleep by herself and if I say one little thing that to her sounds offensive (she should''ve seen her after the superbowl
20.gif
) she goes off on how I''m so terrible and don''t do anything for her, it''s to the point of ridiculous. She''s gotten a dui now. She''s not supposed to drink for a year and she does every night anyways. She hurts me and others around her because of her drinking, so I know it''s not just a being young thing...I''ve tried having her over for dinner and she just isn''t interested
7.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I really want some cookie dough!

I''ve had a pretty painful week and a half with all the cold and snow. I haven''t been into work, and family is loosing patience with the fact that I don''t feel well. I know it''s hard for them to understand, but CRAP!! I can''t help that I hurt!!

Did I say that I really want some cookie dough?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a krispy kreme donut.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:37:05 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Ugh....and there goes the diet *watches it fly out the office window*
*eats a krispy kreme...or 3* lol

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been waking up around an hour before my alarm goes off. So, in that hour I''ve been having the strangest dreams.
32.gif

I hate those strange dreams.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2010 11:18:18 AM

Yeah I''ve been workin up the courage...spent a good chunk of my morning in an al-anon chat room

Good idea!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:38:02 AM

no dieting for a pregnant lady! moderation, right?
2.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
*Pricescope is being annoying today, it took me about 12 tries to log on and another handful of times to respond to this thread!

* I can''t wait to go home - we''re having friends over for a cocktail party and I have a cute new dress to wear
36.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:51:38 AM
Author: purselover
*Pricescope is being annoying today, it took me about 12 tries to log on and another handful of times to respond to this thread!

* I can''t wait to go home - we''re having friends over for a cocktail party and I have a cute new dress to wear
36.gif
Yes!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:43:48 AM
Author: BeachRunner

2.gif

I really hope you are referring to meresal because if you''re not...then what do you know that i don''t! lol

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 11:56:41 AM

2.gif

I really hope you are referring to meresal because if you''re not...then what do you know that i don''t! lol
Haha, no silly lady. I was referring to our dear HH.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 12:01:23 PM

2.gif

ETA: I find myself lurking on the preggo threads. I find their experiences/stories so interesting, and it''ll prepare me for when we start TTC a few yrs down the road!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2010 12:03:51 PM
Date: 2/5/2010 12:01:23 PM

2.gif

ETA: I find myself lurking on the preggo threads. I find their experiences/stories so interesting, and it''ll prepare me for when we start TTC a few yrs down the road!

oohhhhh you are so not the only one :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock

2.gif

lol. If I didn''t feel so nauseous right now, I would love a donut.
15.gif

I just wanna say:

I AM IN A BAD MOOD. Do this, do that, but don't do this because if you do, then yadda yadda... but DO THIS, NOT THAT.

I'm so unamused with people right now. I'm also waiting to hear back from two vendors and nothing.. nada...
38.gif
38.gif

Don't you want my money?!?!
14.gif

lol ok.. I need to chill.... but I feel like this
29.gif
and
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif

I am craving pina coladas though..