shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I get over this??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 8:02:52 AM
Author: Ellen

surfgirl, I SO agree about society, how rude everyone is, who we''re raising that are the future, etc., depressing indeed. I hate it.
7.gif
My mom said something not that long ago, that she wished she''d been born 50 years earlier, so us kids didn''t have to live in this. I wish so too....Anyway, thanks for commiserating with me.
2.gif

And, what''s this?? A magic chandelier is not enough for ya, you must have everything??!
9.gif
Welllll, my ''secret'' is, 2 PM sun on my patio table. lol I have found that with this ring, that time of day, when the sun is fairly high, is by far the most productive. That''s it, except, it was almost 100 the day I took that. I''m pretty sure it has to be that hot to get a shot like that....
27.gif

9.gif
What? Is that wrong?
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 5:22:06 PM
Author: surfgirl
What? Is that wrong?
31.gif
lol.gif

*smack*

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 5:16:12 PM

Date: 9/1/2007 4:33:58 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
I don't really worry about whether someone is being 'rude' on the road unless they nearly hit me! I just don't let myself get upset over every tiny thing -- I think drivers take things too personally -- I'm not a victim. I think it's very important to be able to keep yourself cool and collected, and being angry only hurts me, not the person I feel has slighted me on the road. In most cases people just aren't watching what they're doing, and being angry at them doesn't do anything. If they are being jerks on purpose, being angry and showing them you're angry, that won't do any good either!

I don't honk at anyone unless it looks like they're going to hit me/coming into my lane, so they'll hopefully snap to attention.
Lindsey, let me preface this by saying, I am NOT picking on you personally. This sentence just hit me wrong, and I know you're not the only one who thinks that or has said it. It just came up again, and this time I had to say something.
5.gif

When someone is driving a 2 ton machine that can kill,' just not watching what they are doing', is NOT what they should be doing. And not saying anything is like excusing it. And I'm sorry, but I don't WANT to excuse it. I don't want me or my kids to be killed, or maimed, just because somebody didn't have their eyes on the road like they are supposed to. I just don't get this type of thinking. If we let people be careless on the road, they'll only get worse, cuz hey, nobody seems to care. Is that what people want??

Here's another example of what I'm dealing with. Today on the way to the store, I was going down a 2 lane street (that I've traveled daily for 20 years), with parking on sides. There is more than enough room to drive easily without hitting cars. This is a fairly well traveled road. What I've noticed in the last 2-4 months is, people are beginning to drift and either ride the yellow line, or actually be slightly in my lane. As I approach them, some move, some don't. I passed no less than 3 cars doing this today in about a 5 block distance. Now, obviously, they just aren't paying attention. Should I let that go? Should I just watch the road doubly hard because these people just aren't watching what they're doing?

gaah.gif

I have been reading and enjoying this thread. I want to say I 100% agree with you. It is the same mentality I heard recently regarding "bad" teenagers or "bad" kids...people just excusing it and saying, well they are kids...this doesn't make it right and not disciplining. I was relaying this thread to my DH and as my dad says and now I say, people are more angry, agressive, selfish on the road because they may have sh*tty lives and they want to take it out on someone and may as well take it out on people on the road....people they will more than likely never see again. It is the whole anonomous thing....similar to people on some (not this one
emsmile.gif
) message boards....take your anger out on people you don't know...it is turning into the American way....

Where we live, there are certain roads where, while you are driving at full speed, people will walk right in front of your car....this is usually in not affluent neighborhoods and it is a road that we drive every day on the way to work, downtown, etc.....The belief is they do so, so that you hit them, they sue you....so if you drive a nice car, it is more likely they will walk out in front of your car...drives me insane....

Also, very aggravating is when people go way under the speed limit in the LEFT lane...have some respect and move over!!!
Just last week, we were on a ramp going from one highway to another, and the speed limit is about 40 miles an hour....well the person in front of us was doing about 20 miles an hour....obeying the speed limit does not always mean slow down...it means speed up as well....DO THE SPEED LIMIT!!!

Also, we live in a place where less and less people speak english, they don't have insurance, and think that they deserve everything, because, after all, this is America........

I feel that consideration and courtesy have gone out the window recently....I ALWAYS say please, thank you, how are you, etc....It is just common courtesy....There are so many times, where I say to someone, How are you? and they just respond with an I'm good....Why do that not say How are you back?? Does anyone else get annoyed by this? I once confronted an aquaintance on this and you know what they said? That they really did not care how I was doing and why ask to begin with when most people don't care.....It is just a common nicety...

As my DH calls a lot of the drivers on the road, they are Momos (morons) and there are a lot of them...I know it is not just us, but I feel like if there are morons (momos) on the road, they seem to find us!!!
29.gif

ETA: I also agree with the dislike of people who can't park...if they can't park, they may pull into 2 spots, don't care, walk away, never to look back....If I am not evenly in a space, I will get back in, and adjust the car, because 1) it is courteous so the person next to you can get in/out of their car and 2) I don't want my door dinged.....Which leads me to people who open their door into your door hitting it......argh!!!

But with all this frustration, I did see something the other day that I wanted to pass on to you all...Puts some things into perspective (however, I agree that some things are inexcusable -- Like the pp that had the issue with the person stealing her grocery cart and then telling her that she is crazy!
29.gif
)

I hope you enjoy the next few paragraphs....

Lord, help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love.

~M

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2007 7:32:28 PM
Author: merrijoy
But with all this frustration, I did see something the other day that I wanted to pass on to you all...Puts some things into perspective (however, I agree that some things are inexcusable -- Like the pp that had the issue with the person stealing her grocery cart and then telling her that she is crazy!

merrijoy, I agree some things are inexcusable, but not what that woman did to me. (What is a "pp"?) The things that I find inexcusable are acts of cruelty. I love what you posted about remembering who is behind the public faces we see. God only knows what kind of life that crazy woman I ran into has had, or what kind of life her daughter is having with her now. For her to be angry enough to explode as she did in public, she must be carrying a huge amount of rage. If she is full of rage, someone hurt her...maybe when she was a young and vulnerable. I know that my childhood was better than hers and that I am, therefore, luckier.

Deborah
34.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 8:02:51 PM
Author: AGBF

merrijoy, I agree some things are inexcusable, but not what that woman did to me. (What is a ''pp''?) The things that I find inexcusable are acts of cruelty. I love what you posted about remembering who is behind the public faces we see. God only knows what kind of life that crazy woman I ran into has had, or what kind of life her daughter is having with her now. For her to be angry enough to explode as she did in public, she must be carrying a huge amount of rage. If she is full of rage, someone hurt her...maybe when she was a young and vulnerable. I know that my childhood was better than hers and that I am, therefore, luckier.

Deborah
34.gif
Sorry Deborah, I should have went back and got your screen name....pp is Previous Poster
1.gif

~M

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 8:02:52 AM

Blenheim, yeah, these phones are gonna kill people. No doubt about it.

I''m glad you avoided an accident. If I were you, I''d go someplace preferably without traffic.

We were in an area that''s so low traffic that the city didn''t even bother putting stop or yield signs up at about half the intersections. I thought I was being careful, but I realize that I need to be even more careful. In the case of me vs. a minivan, it''s really no contest.

Mara, the car was parked diagonally!! I just do not understand why people do that. Seriously, is it that hard to pull in straight?! I drive a teeny car too, and it really helps with parking.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock

I don''t really worry about whether someone is being ''rude'' on the road unless they nearly hit me! I just don''t let myself get upset over every tiny thing -- I think drivers take things too personally -- I''m not a victim. I think it''s very important to be able to keep yourself cool and collected, and being angry only hurts me, not the person I feel has slighted me on the road. In most cases people just aren''t watching what they''re doing, and being angry at them doesn''t do anything. If they are being jerks on purpose, being angry and showing them you''re angry, that won''t do any good either!

I don''t honk at anyone unless it looks like they''re going to hit me/coming into my lane, so they''ll hopefully snap to attention.
Lindsey, let me preface this by saying, I am NOT picking on you personally. This sentence just hit me wrong, and I know you''re not the only one who thinks that or has said it. It just came up again, and this time I had to say something.
5.gif

When someone is driving a 2 ton machine that can kill,'' just not watching what they are doing'', is NOT what they should be doing. And not saying anything is like excusing it. And I''m sorry, but I don''t WANT to excuse it. I don''t want me or my kids to be killed, or maimed, just because somebody didn''t have their eyes on the road like they are supposed to. I just don''t get this type of thinking. If we let people be careless on the road, they''ll only get worse, cuz hey, nobody seems to care. Is that what people want??

Here''s another example of what I''m dealing with. Today on the way to the store, I was going down a 2 lane street (that I''ve traveled daily for 20 years), with parking on sides. There is more than enough room to drive easily without hitting cars. This is a fairly well traveled road. What I''ve noticed in the last 2-4 months is, people are beginning to drift and either ride the yellow line, or actually be slightly in my lane. As I approach them, some move, some don''t. I passed no less than 3 cars doing this today in about a 5 block distance. Now, obviously, they just aren''t paying attention. Should I let that go? Should I just watch the road doubly hard because these people just aren''t watching what they''re doing?

gaah.gif

Haha, I get your frustration. I hope you don''t think I mean to excuse poor drivers -- not at all! I would just make the argument that that your anger, frustration, and attempts to correct other drivers will likely fly right over their head. Trust me, when I was a teenager and expressed my frustration with drivers, and frequently got the finger -- my reactions definitely weren''t making people better drivers, they knew what they were doing and just didn''t care. If you insist on honking at people in hopes that you are somehow actually making them improve their driving in the future, at the very least try not to let road rage and anger bother you -- it''s bad for you!
1.gif

There is a lot of really interesting research out there about road rage. I have read much about the intense feelings of anger and injustice that stem from drivers not being able to see other drivers visibly show their apologies if they make a mistake. Really interesting stuff!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
First off, I have to say, rather randomly, that I FINALLY just got my emoticons to move on my computer.
36.gif
Aren''t you proud of me? Do you care?
9.gif

Okay, onto the topic... One of my biggest pet peeves is when I''m sitting in a movie theater seat and there are like, a million other seats for other people to choose to sit in. Inevitably, they ALWAYS choose to sit right in front of me. Always. I''m a small girl. I HATE it when tall people sit in front of me if there are clearly other options.
29.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen--I just wanted to chime in (again) to agree wholeheartedly with what you said about how it is unacceptable when people are simply not watching what they are doing while they''re driving their cars. This is such an enormous problem, and I also find it baffling that there are so many people who don''t realize that they are operating enormous, speeding machines. This is why I try so very hard to not make the situation worse by being a reactive driver.

I live in Chicago and I work in the northern suburbs and I see so many people juggling Starbucks and cell phones and CD changes while driving--it''s almost as if the driving is a secondary concern.

In fact, we just got back from Ravinia, and on the way home on 94 a woman driving one of those enormous Lexus SUVs starting drifting into my lane so I tapped the horn a bit, she didn''t go back into her lane, so I tapped it again, and then she SWERVED and nearly caused an enormous accident. I couldn''t get around her or slow down because there was so much traffic, and it was really terrifying. And wouldn''t you know it--she had her cell phone balancing on her left shoulder, and she was sipping a Diet Coke as we passed.

I teach in a high school and in the last four years we''ve lost several students to car accidents. In fact, one of our former students (a 2006 graduate) was just killed in a car accident last weekend, two current seniors were hospitalized, and one walked away without a scratch. There was no alcohol involved, and the accident was the other driver''s fault. The other driver--a woman in her mid 40s, a local mom, who was "distracted" by a call on her cell phone while she was driving her minivan home. The results of this horrible driving are devastating, and unfortunately, it seems to be an epidemic.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
merrijoy, thanks. Yeah, I could go along with the annonymous thing. And I do believe a lot of people are very unhappy, for a variety of reasons.

And wow, the bit about walking out in front of your car is insane.
23.gif
But, I can totally believe it. Everybody wants a free buck now. Look at ALL the rediculous lawsuits that make it into courts.
20.gif

And thanks for the last part of your post, certainly food for thought.
2.gif

Lindsey, you're right. I know my saying anything isn't going to help, neither is my not saying anything (and I rarely do, because these people scare me, they're nuts). I think that's one reason I'm so frustrated. I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't. Seriously, the more I think about it (because, we need to do something, it's dangerous out there) I think we should have public service announcements like we do for drinking and driving. Apparently there are a lot of people out there that need reminding about driving, paying attention, and being curteous of others. If nothing is done, it will only get worse.

And just to clarify, there are many times I don't get mad, and am just like, whatever. My gosh, if I got that upset EVERY time someone did something idiotic/discourteous/dangerous, I would have stroked out long ago!
9.gif
But, I don't want to get that mad at all.
5.gif

I think I'll read up some on road rage, thanks.
34.gif

zoe, I care, and am terribly proud of you!!
9.gif
yippee10.gif

And let me tell ya, I feel for you. I'm not the tallest thing either, and I can't count the times someone taller has sat in front of me. It's really irritating.

Haven, thank you for your post. It really drove home my point on the dangers of driving now (how utterly tragic about that woman on the PHONE). And you hit the nail on the head with this point:

"it's almost as if the driving is a secondary concern"

Absolutely. It's frightening.

And an epedemic indeed.

It's one thing when drivers are just being rude, it's another when they are endangering everyone on the road. Thing is, sometimes they go hand in hand....

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ellen, I hear you!! Unfortunately, I don''t think things are going to get any better and I guess we had all better adapt or we''re going to lose our minds!
5.gif

I don''t know if this has been mentioned as a contributor to road rage, but people who go slow in the passing lane and block everyone from passing drive me crazy. I drive often on a very busy multi lane highway (16 lanes at some points) and people who don''t keep to the right lanes unless passing, can cause drivers to do stupid things to get by them.
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good lord, 16 lanes??
23.gif

Better you than me!
9.gif
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 12:57:55 PM
Good lord, 16 lanes??
23.gif

Better you than me!
9.gif
2.gif
Wowzers, I never heard of 16 lanes either; where is that? YIKES!! There must be lots of cars if there are that many lanes, yikes again. I agree w/you last sentence Miss Ellen, heheeheee

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 1:02:27 PM
Author: Skippy123

Good lord, 16 lanes??
23.gif

Better you than me!
9.gif
2.gif
Wowzers, I never heard of 16 lanes either; where is that? YIKES!! There must be lots of cars if there are that many lanes, yikes again. I agree w/you last sentence Miss Ellen, heheeheee
Hey Miss Skippy!
35.gif

And yeah, I''ll take my small town streets over that ANY day, I don''t care how chocked full of idiots they are!
lol.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Good lord, 16 lanes??
23.gif

Better you than me!
9.gif
2.gif
Yes, it sounds scary, doesn't it? Thankfully I don't have to drive on the busiest part very often. It actually runs very smoothly considering how many cars are travellling on it every day. (Toronto, Ontario) I find the rudest occurrences tend to happen on regular small town streets which is kind of surprising.

Anyway, I do know how you feel and although I do try not to take it too personally when these incidents happen, sometimes you just need to vent. For me someone butting into my personal space also makes me go nuts!!
emcrook.gif
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, HLMR, that is good to know; if I ever visit I will make hubby drive. hehe

Miss Ellen, I need your help please
12.gif
. Sorry for the threadjack but recently there was a thread where someone had their bootiful antique ring fixed by quest. Do you have the linky and the linky to your gorgeous antique. The reason I ask is because I have a super good friend that has a 100 yr old old mine diamond ring from her grandmother gave to her and the prongs need to be replaced and I wanted to show her their work. She is scared to death but if you trust them and that other PS'er that I might help her. Thanks a million Pal! You are awesome as always w/all your knowledge!!!
9.gif
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem Miss Skippy. And please, I dun know that much.
2.gif

here is the fix.

I didn''t have them bookmarked, and I didn''t think I''d ever find the first one. Do you KNOW how many people have put, "I need help" in the title??!
lol.gif
I''ve now bookmarked.
41.gif

Tell her I hope this helps, and I''d send something to him again in a heartbeat. Her ring would be in very good hands.
28.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ellen,

Sorry to hear of all this affecting you emotionally. I havent read all the pages to the thread as yet, but did want to express my empathy with your situation.

I drive on average 1- 1 1/2 hrs to get to work involving 3 major highways here in Toronto. I have learned to drive with white knuckles most of the time & in order to have a more calmer drive, I leave home sometimes 30min. early so that I start my day on the right foot. I''ve labelled our highway 401 Nascar. Really, the speed is 100km max. In reality, the 3 lanes are as follows: far left--140Km/hr, middle lane--120km/hr & the far right lane (slow lane)--100km/hr. I am **not** kidding. Speeds like that make people stupid & believe me, if you go 140 km sometimes, you''re going slow! In the last 3 yrs that I''ve been doing this drive, I''ve really opened my eyes to how impatient & nacisistic peope really are. Bully''s actually. I mean, how do you justify coming so close you cant see headlights at a speed of 140km? But...people do it everyday thinking they have the right to do it & to hell with everyone else. Social responsibility be damned.
7.gif
When I meet up with these idiots, I just move over. I was always careful with my older car, but now with my new one, I''m even more careful. I''m certainly not intimidated, but stupid people do stupid things & I dont want to be involved & inconvenienced by a wreck caused by this kind of individual.

Deep breaths (no hyperventilating allowed!
9.gif
25.gif
)

Judy
:)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Judy, wow, I got scared just reading your post.
yikes2.gif
I feel for you, I really do. People have become so unbelievably rude and self absorbed, it''s not EVEN funny.

Please be careful!

*deep breathing*
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your help. That is funny so many people write I need help in the title. Someday soon I will take a pic of her ring and show ya; she is the only friend that wouldn''t think it was weird I wanted to take a pic of her ring. heheee

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see her ring Skip!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am now wondering what is seriously wrong with people?!?! My sister and her husband went to go help build a community center so they left my 1 year old nephew w/my parents for the day. My nephew loves to go to the park and play. Well this morning I went to my parents house and put my nephew in the stroller and we headed to the park.

My dad who is in his 70's and walks w/a cane went with us. We had a great time playing in the park. My dad said we would head home a different direction so the cross walk next to the park has a light where you can cross. We pushed the button for it to let is know when it safe to cross. As we are crossing (mind you my dad with his cane and me with a big baby stroller) try and dodge traffic as they are turning; not yielding to us pedestrians). I am fuming angry
29.gif
29.gif
. Seriously, I have a stroller w/a baby and older man w/a cane! What is wrong with people!!!! My father and I were in disbelief.
38.gif
I told my dad not to go to that park because traffic does not know how to yield to walkers and he agreed!

What can I do; I really don't want this to happen to other pedestrians since it is a beautiful park and it is shame to have to drive there???

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock

I don''t really worry about whether someone is being ''rude'' on the road unless they nearly hit me! I just don''t let myself get upset over every tiny thing -- I think drivers take things too personally -- I''m not a victim. I think it''s very important to be able to keep yourself cool and collected, and being angry only hurts me, not the person I feel has slighted me on the road. In most cases people just aren''t watching what they''re doing, and being angry at them doesn''t do anything. If they are being jerks on purpose, being angry and showing them you''re angry, that won''t do any good either!

I don''t honk at anyone unless it looks like they''re going to hit me/coming into my lane, so they''ll hopefully snap to attention.
Lindsey, let me preface this by saying, I am NOT picking on you personally. This sentence just hit me wrong, and I know you''re not the only one who thinks that or has said it. It just came up again, and this time I had to say something.
5.gif

When someone is driving a 2 ton machine that can kill,'' just not watching what they are doing'', is NOT what they should be doing. And not saying anything is like excusing it. And I''m sorry, but I don''t WANT to excuse it. I don''t want me or my kids to be killed, or maimed, just because somebody didn''t have their eyes on the road like they are supposed to. I just don''t get this type of thinking. If we let people be careless on the road, they''ll only get worse, cuz hey, nobody seems to care. Is that what people want??

Here''s another example of what I''m dealing with. Today on the way to the store, I was going down a 2 lane street (that I''ve traveled daily for 20 years), with parking on sides. There is more than enough room to drive easily without hitting cars. This is a fairly well traveled road. What I''ve noticed in the last 2-4 months is, people are beginning to drift and either ride the yellow line, or actually be slightly in my lane. As I approach them, some move, some don''t. I passed no less than 3 cars doing this today in about a 5 block distance. Now, obviously, they just aren''t paying attention. Should I let that go? Should I just watch the road doubly hard because these people just aren''t watching what they''re doing?

gaah.gif

I have been reading and enjoying this thread. I want to say I 100% agree with you. It is the same mentality I heard recently regarding ''bad'' teenagers or ''bad'' kids...people just excusing it and saying, well they are kids...this doesn''t make it right and not disciplining. I was relaying this thread to my DH and as my dad says and now I say, people are more angry, agressive, selfish on the road because they may have sh*tty lives and they want to take it out on someone and may as well take it out on people on the road....people they will more than likely never see again. It is the whole anonomous thing....similar to people on some (not this one
emsmile.gif
) message boards....take your anger out on people you don''t know...it is turning into the American way....

Where we live, there are certain roads where, while you are driving at full speed, people will walk right in front of your car....this is usually in not affluent neighborhoods and it is a road that we drive every day on the way to work, downtown, etc.....The belief is they do so, so that you hit them, they sue you....so if you drive a nice car, it is more likely they will walk out in front of your car...drives me insane....

~M
This happened to my dad! He drives a mercedes, and he was leaving work, which is in a not-so-nice area and a woman literally walked right out INTO his car. She hit the side of his car, and left quite a dent. He was going pretty slow because he was approaching a red light. When the police showed up, she said she was going to sue him, even though she walked into him from in between 2 large vans. The lawyer called my dad and said not to worry because that woman was notorious in that town for walking out in front of cars, or into cars and trying to sue the car owner and that no judge had ruled in her favor. Amazing.
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 4:51:35 PM
Author: Skippy123

I am now wondering what is seriously wrong with people. My sister and her husband went to go help build a community center so they left my 1 year old nephew w/my parents for the day. My nephew loves to go to the park and play. Well this morning I went to my parents house and put my nephew in the stroller and we headed to the park.

My dad who is in his 70''s and walks w/a cane went with us. We had a great time playing in the park. My dad said we would head home a different direction so the cross walk next to the park has a light where you can cross. We pushed the button for it to let is know when it safe to cross. As we are crossing (mind you my dad with his cane and me with a big baby stroller) try and dodge traffic as they are turning; not yielding to us pedestrians). I am fuming angry
29.gif
29.gif
. Seriously, I have a stroller w/a baby and older man w/a cane! What is wrong with people!!!! My father and I were in disbelief.
38.gif
I told my dad not to go to that park because traffic does not know how to yield to walkers and he agreed!

What can I do; I really don''t want this to happen to other pedestrians since it is a beautiful park and it is shame to have to drive there???
I don''t know Skippy. It''s nuts out there, truly nuts.
38.gif

Maybe contact the police and see if they''ll park someone there for a day and issue tickets?

I feel for ya, trust me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 5:04:04 PM
I don''t know Skippy. It''s nuts out there, truly nuts.
38.gif

Maybe contact the police and see if they''ll park someone there for a day and issue tickets?

I feel for ya, trust me.
Good idea; I think I will call the non emergency phone number. Thanks for listening, friend!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anytime you.
2.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t do much honking these days. I had an incident of road rage a few years ago where I laid on my horn at some guy who''d pulled out in front of me and caused me to lock up my brakes to avoid hitting him. He gave me the finger, I gave it back and then I made a left turn into my neighborhood that came up within a half mile. The guy did a U turn in the middle of the road when he saw me turning into my neighborhood and then followed me in. He chased me through my neighborhood. I didn''t dare pull into my driveway so he wouldn''t know where I lived. I managed to lose him since I knew all the side streets. I pulled into my driveway and managed to get the garage door shut just in time . I saw him drive by my home at least 4 times searching for me before he finally left. I was terrified.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've already commented on this thread a long time ago and totally understand/agree with you Ellen...And I've also had a road rage incident a few months back where some a#!hole was yakking on the phone and practically stopped after making a turn onto a busy road so since I was stuck behind him and afraid someone would rearend me, I honked, then I switched lanes to get around him and he swerved in front of me to cut me off, hit his brakes HARD, causing me to slam on mine, and flipped me off, then proceeded to swerve in front of me if I tried to go around him in the next lane. I called 911 and reported him for aggressive/abusive driving and then I followed him until I could be sure of what street he was on. Then the police told me to turn around and leave the area so he couldn't follow me. I have no idea if a policeman ended up catching this moron but I hope so. That's about all you can do, right?

As for the "multi-tasking" driving...yesterday we were driving on the freeway and in the right lane it was all backed up for no reason so we got into the next lane just in time to see this pick up truck slam into the back of a car, which made the car behind the truck slam into him. I didn't get a clear look but I'd bet money one of them, if not all of them, were doing something other than paying attention to driving. It's nuts. And unfortunately I dont see anything changing until/unless something really horrific happens that will mobilize the country on this issue. In fact, even the other day I was crossing a street on foot, and saw this woman careening around the corner, I had the right of way but I knew she wasn't even paying attention so I stopped where I was and she came screaming around the corner and stopped dead in front of me with this smile and an expression of "whoops! didn't see you!" and I glared at her and mouthed "you didn't even LOOK." Moron.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have had a number of instances of road rage and road craziness thrown in my direction. One time I ended up in the hospital, when someone pulled onto the highway and hit me broadside. As a result, I've developed an anxiety about driving that has persisted for years. I've done therapy, meds...everything I could think of, but my ability to get behind the wheel is extemely limited. It both angers and saddens me that my world has become so much smaller. There are three specific experiences which stay with me. They're hardwired into my brain, I'm afraid. People who do these things don't consider the potential damage to life, limb and psyche that they do. The irony is that I drive a hot little red sports car. When I take my five minute drive to work...I feel good! A day at a time...a day at a time...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
pearcrazy, wow, scary! That''s basically why I don''t do much of anything anymore, except get mad.
11.gif
If anything ever happens again, and they follow you, just drive straight to the police station.
2.gif

surfgirl, dang. More scary stuff. I hope they got him...

rising, I am SO sorry to hear your story.
7.gif
Please, keep working on it, you simply MUST enjoy that lil hot rod!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results