shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamgirl needs your opinion...which Tiffany wedding band looks best with this Tiffany engagement se

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
heather & ebree- Thank you both for your help!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I like the #5 Jazz and #1 the best. I think they allow the center stone to shine, while adding just the right amount of interest. Not too busy at all!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 12:19:51 PM
Author:Dreamgirl
Also, I know Musey and a couple others have the Jazz setting. I''m not sure how wide this setting is but it looks rather thin to me....
I missed this before: it''s 2mm.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Legacy! I love it with that ering.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is the shared prong (#7), and my second favorite is the Legacy (#2).
30.gif

gicki55

Rough_Rock
Number 3 the round channel set band

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl, I''ve been waiting for this thread! You are so talented in Photoshop.

Okay, so first off, I love the Jazz with everything. Once again, I''m lamenting the fact that they don''t make it in my size! I think it looks unique and pretty in the photo you put together.

Trying to think a little more objectively, I like the Legacy band as well. I think another poster summed it up--it has a very nice vintage feel when paired with the tapered baguettes. I wish I could describe better what I think, but I hope that helps.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:17:47 PM
Author: kittybean
Dreamgirl, I've been waiting for this thread! You are so talented in Photoshop.
Dream, you did all that in photoshop?! WHY, my dear?? They let you pair up all those bands in the flash app on their website!

eta: oh not all, sorry! most of 'em, though
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dream, I hope you don''t mind, but I grabbed pairings of the other bands suggested just so people could see ''em
2.gif

Plain knife-edge band (though I personally would go for the domed lucida with that ring):

plain349682346.png

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
alternating rounds and baguettes:

altroundsandbaguetts.png

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baguettes:

channelbaguettes.png

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Legacy with it but then, I am partial to millegrain!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I like the shared prong band followed closely by the channel-set round band.

jr009j

Rough_Rock
I have that setting e-ring and the band I got is shared setting round baguette round baguette round just the length of the diamonds

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 3:05:57 PM
Author: mercoledi
I like the Novo best, I don''t really care for any of the channel set bands with that ring. I''d also consider a three-bag-band, I think they look elegant too.

Mercoledi, where did you find that baguette band? I love it!
30.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi DG!

I love the round with tapered bagette setting you chose. So classic. I prefer it paired with either the shared prong band or the channel- set eternity band. My best friend's sister has the second combination (exactly) and its so beautiful. Good luck deciding!!!!
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
channel set round or square, although I may be biased, as my wband will be a channel round, with a tiff replica setting.

I think it''s just a classic look, your set will look great!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
2, 5, 6, or 7.

How can I put this? Modernity in style for the band does not match the ring. Best wishes.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 10:10:09 PM
Author: westjenn
Date: 12/18/2008 3:05:57 PM

Author: mercoledi
I like the Novo best, I don't really care for any of the channel set bands with that ring. I'd also consider a three-bag-band, I think they look elegant too.
Mercoledi, where did you find that baguette band? I love it!
30.gif

That one is from ebay but it's a pretty common style. I had my eye on this one forever but waited too long
8.gif
. I love your ring idea westjenn, I can't wait to see it come to life!

** Now back to Dreamgirl's thread **

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
channel set square! - love it! (or channel baguettes)

BTW - the jazz doesn't go with it, IMO - too busy and disconnected. Good luck!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To echo the baguettes in the e-ring, for me, it''d have to be either (a) baguettes (b) squares or (c) baguettes/rounds.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
channel set round or the legay for a more antique-y look

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Quickly I have to say, our other dream ring is the classic Tiffany Setting. But all of your comments here are making me want THIS RB with Tapered Baguettes setting so much more!!!
6.gif
9.gif
This would make my boyfriend very happy because I think he likes the Tapered Baguettes setting much more......actually, I know he likes it more because he told me so more than once!
36.gif

Tuckins- lol Ok, thank you! I see your point.

upgrade- Thank you!|

Irishgrrrl- Thank you for your help!

gicki55- Thanks!

kittybean- I know!! I couldn''t wait any longer for the poll to work so I went ahead and did it! I told gwendolyn that I was thinking about photoshopping the rings onto my hands because she said she''d like to see them on my hands! I told S last night and he couldn''t help but laugh. I told him I''m getting suggestions from all my PS friends! I agree about the Legacy. Right now, I''m kind of leaning towards that at the moment. It does have that vintage feel indeed. Very much my style!

musey- lol! I know Tiffany''s webiste up and down. I figured I''d photoshop them because they only give a few options. I was thinking the bands they paired with it are too wide for me. Thank you!

NeverEndingUpgrade- You have a millgrain? Have you ever had any problems with it wearing away? That would be my only concern for the Legacy. I love this band though, so very much!

snlee- Thank you for your help!

jr009j- You have this engagement ring from Tiffany? I see this is your first post. You should create your own thread to show us. I am very interested in seeing it!!!

Dani- Hi! Actually, it was my boyfriend who chose this setting.
31.gif
We were in the store looking at rings last May at Tiffany when he pointed this setting out. I had tried it on and HE was in love with it!! I love it too!! Hopefully I''ll be lucky enough. We both think it is a very classic and timeless look. Thank you for your opinion!

honey22- lol Ok, thank you for your help! I agree it is a classic look. It is very much my style!

Imdanny- That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your help!

geckodani- Yeah, that is a nice ring.....

motownmama- Thank you! I am starting to think the Jazz doesn''t go with it either....

LovingDiamonds- Ok, thank you!

tessari- Thank you so much!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 1:47:16 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Quickly I have to say, our other dream ring is the classic Tiffany Setting. But all of your comments here are making me want THIS RB with Tapered Baguettes setting so much more!!!
6.gif
9.gif
This would make my boyfriend very happy because I think he likes the Tapered Baguettes setting much more......actually, I know he likes it more because he told me so more than once!
36.gif

Tuckins- lol Ok, thank you! I see your point.

upgrade- Thank you!|

Irishgrrrl- Thank you for your help!

gicki55- Thanks!

kittybean- I know!! I couldn''t wait any longer for the poll to work so I went ahead and did it! I told gwendolyn that I was thinking about photoshopping the rings onto my hands because she said she''d like to see them on my hands! I told S last night and he couldn''t help but laugh. I told him I''m getting suggestions from all my PS friends! I agree about the Legacy. Right now, I''m kind of leaning towards that at the moment. It does have that vintage feel indeed. Very much my style!

musey- lol! I know Tiffany''s webiste up and down. I figured I''d photoshop them because they only give a few options. I was thinking the bands they paired with it are too wide for me. Thank you!

NeverEndingUpgrade- You have a millgrain? Have you ever had any problems with it wearing away? That would be my only concern for the Legacy. I love this band though, so very much!

snlee- Thank you for your help!

jr009j- You have this engagement ring from Tiffany? I see this is your first post. You should create your own thread to show us. I am very interested in seeing it!!!

Dani- Hi! Actually, it was my boyfriend who chose this setting.
31.gif
We were in the store looking at rings last May at Tiffany when he pointed this setting out. I had tried it on and HE was in love with it!! I love it too!! Hopefully I''ll be lucky enough. We both think it is a very classic and timeless look. Thank you for your opinion!

honey22- lol Ok, thank you for your help! I agree it is a classic look. It is very much my style!

Imdanny- That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your help!

geckodani- Yeah, that is a nice ring.....

motownmama- Thank you! I am starting to think the Jazz doesn''t go with it either....

LovingDiamonds- Ok, thank you!

tessari- Thank you so much!

I`m not NeverEndingUpgrade but I`d like to answer your question.
2.gif
I have a half eternity diamond and sapphire band with millgrain and it has not worn down at all!

FYI - Here`s a picture of it with over 3 years of wear (on the right). I always wear it with my e-ring because I love how they look together - more so than with my channel eternity (on the right under the other one

9.gif
)

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

IMG_2355.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Cachette- Thank you for sharing that with me! I really do love the Legacy band. I just really don''t want that to wear away.

So, since the poll didn''t work, I tallied what I could from what everyone has said so far. I just wanted to see... So for now from what I could gather,
Novo- 3
Legacy- 14
Channel Set (round)- 12
Channel Set (square)- 18
Jazz- 5
Alternating Jazz- 2
Shared Setting- 10

This is so much fun! (for me anyway) haha

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
musey- I just also remembered that the setting I am showing is a 1ct (closer to what I hope to get) and the setting that Tiffany shows with those wedding bands you provided is a 2ct center....just for reference...

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamgirl, Cachette is right, millegrain is durable. I have several rings with millegrain and I have had no problems. My favorite is my new Tacori wedding set, the "upgrade" that inspired my username (I thought I would never find it!) My band and e-ring have baguettes set end-to-end with millegrain. I am in love with the look. I have been wearing the band since April and the e-ring is taking maddeningly long to get out of layaway. Hopefully that will be soon and I can post photos. In the meantime, here is a photo from a jewelry site (not of my ring) Hope you can make out the millegrain edges.

Cachette, where did you get your sapphire/diamond bands? I love them both!!!

tacori-HT2352.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results