shape
carat
color
clarity

Dreamgirl needs your opinion...which Tiffany wedding band looks best with this Tiffany engagement se

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lenamama

Shiny_Rock
31.gif
they are all beautiful... how could anyone decide!!! But my fave would be the shred prong setting.....

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
NeverEndingUpgrade''s definition of insanity: continuing to collect gemstones when you have a drawerful that you can''t decide how to set.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Square channel! I also love the east-west baguette channel for that ring though it's not on your short list.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 8:30:06 PM
Author: musey
Dream, I hope you don''t mind, but I grabbed pairings of the other bands suggested just so people could see ''em
2.gif

Plain knife-edge band (though I personally would go for the domed lucida with that ring):

although this isn''t part of the choices provided in the original post - I LOVE this pairing! It''s so elegant. The band did not take away the beautiful shine of the ering.
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Wow, so hard.
I agree you need at least two - one plain and one diamond
11.gif

Just from the pics, my choice would be
1. The channel set baguettes, by far. Echoes your ering, but not too matchy. Also channel set will avoid any prong issues.
2. The legacy. Your ring is very classic, and I feel the milgraine adds to that, but still not too matchy.
3. The jazz band (first one). Surprisingly looks very good, but definately you will need to see if you like in person.

As you can probably tell, I''m all for non-matchy, lol ! But thats just me.

I also hear ya on the short fingers thing..I would love to have an ering and 2 bands as a stack, but will never happen with my stumpies
7.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 12:44:04 AM
Author: cleokizzy
Date: 12/18/2008 8:30:06 PM

Author: musey

Dream, I hope you don''t mind, but I grabbed pairings of the other bands suggested just so people could see ''em
2.gif

Plain knife-edge band (though I personally would go for the domed lucida with that ring):

although this isn''t part of the choices provided in the original post - I LOVE this pairing! It''s so elegant. The band did not take away the beautiful shine of the ering.
30.gif
I have to agree, actually. The knife-edge band looks really lovely with the e-ring.

cup_of_t

Rough_Rock
Dreamgirl - if you were in front of me in the shop, I''d probably get you to try the legacy or the 2.2 HC prong set - maybe even the 2mm plain pt legacy band. The baguette bands would look sweet with it if they were thinner but they''re too chunky for the style of the ring, I think.

I also agree with your sales assistant in that the Novo looks too busy with the ring. I also wouldnt go for the channel setting with either rb or pc/sq - not the rb cos I think the setting is too harsh for the pretty shape that the tapered baguettes make with the round, but not the pc/sq because I''m a big believer in matching the cut of the diamond with the e-ring. But then, maybe the channel set rb streamlines the shape? Hmm, wish I had one in the shop so I could try them and see, but we don''t have a rb with baguettes atm....hmm..

I think, for other options, the bead set HC is going to look too similar to the Novo and a di Lucida band is going to be too wide...

I still really like the way the legacy looks with it, very antiquey.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
wow i cant believe i missed this til now
38.gif
well i like the novo, the legacy and the #5 jazz (where all the stones are the same size)... i personally love the novo too, ive always wondered how it would go with a rectangular lucida...
31.gif

sigh, dreamgirl, what have you put me onto now
30.gif

mmm yes i think the jazz is the dark horse in the race though, i think it looks pretty cool!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, very fun thread!

I have the Legacy band and I still adore it! It is just the most elegant and beautiful band. I am not sure I would love it as much with the side baguettes as I do with a plain solitaire, but it is certainly one of my all time favorite rings.

I think the square or baguette channel set bands look really good. I also love the look of the plain band. And the shared prong band would be my other choice. (I think the Jazz bands are the WRONG style for that ring. And I don''t think the Novo really does anything for it.)

Durability-wise, I think the channel and plain. I have no wear on my Legacy band, but I am intentionally careful not to grasp things with my left hand.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d say the plain, legacy and shared prong are my favorites. I''d work on getting all of them for future anniversary''s etc. then you can mix and match down the road.
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2008 9:47:30 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I''d say the plain, legacy and shared prong are my favorites. I''d work on getting all of them for future anniversary''s etc. then you can mix and match down the road.
31.gif
Okay, now THAT is a plan!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I''m saying the Legacy. I have always loved that ring, and I don''t know diamondseeker 2006 but I''ve been lemming her Legacy ring for quite a while now! (not to mention that solitaire
3.gif
)
Anyway, I think the Legacy looks very "classic" with the ering. Love that look!

~Kat

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I like the Legacy with it, but I think you should try the plain platinum milgrain band. I really dislike the way it looks on the website, so I never even bothered to try it on until I was able to drag FI in to try on wedding bands one day. He immediately gravitated toward the plain milgrain band and loved it on himself, so I decided to try one on, too...and I LOVED it. It''s much more delicate than it looks online. As for the other plain bands, the knife-edge won''t stand on its own if you ever want to just wear your wedding band without the e-ring, which was a big thing for me. The Lucida band is nice and very comfortable, as is the plain Novo (no diamonds) -- both are good choices for "forever rings," IMO.

For some reason, I really don''t like the look of bezeled bands with the e-ring you posted, and I''m not a fan of channel-set rings with RB stones because of the gaps. The square and baguette channel-set rings are better. The diamond Novo just looks too geometrical for the e-ring setting, to my eye -- it''s like pairing a Braque with a Renoir, both beautiful in their own way but not quite complimentary. The shared-prong could be lovely, but you should definitely try them on together to see what you think in person.

Anyway, that''s my opinion for what it''s worth
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
round channel for sure.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
I like the Tiffany Shared Prong and Square Channel bands the best.

I really really like little baguettes with your baguettes!

Get a plain + a diamond... you can stack ''em w/o your e-ring. It''ll be versatile and Octavia''s suggestion of the milgrain band is great -- it''s classic and in person it''s a lot prettier (than the photo on the T&Co site).

kimi

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
It took me a while to respond to the new postings but I love this thread of mine so I had to bring it back! Everyone''s opinions are so helpful and I appreciate all input.

NeverEndingUpgrade- Yes, I see the millgrain in the picture. Thank you for the information. This is helping me in the fact that if I get this engagement ring, I might just fall madly in love with the Legacy wedding band paired with it (and then feel safe about buying it) and not have to worry about the millgrain wearing away.

Lenamama- Thank you for your help!

kelpie- Ok, thank you!

cleokizzy- Thanks for your opinion.

arjunajane- haha! Wouldn''t it be wonderful if I had 2? Well, one at a time for now (cause I don''t even have the engagement ring yet!) I appreciate your opinions. I am not about all matchy either. You are much too funny. At least I''m not the only one with short fingers....

kittybean- Really? Aww but its so plain. ha! S would probably love it paired with that as well
20.gif
Thank you for your help though.

cup_of_t- Wow. I think your help is one of the best and most helpful because you work at Tiffany. I respect your opinion highly! Thank you so very much for your opinions. I will keep everything you said in mind. Thank you!

Blackpaw- Hey there! Thank you for SHOWING UP.
3.gif
And thank you for your opinion! I''m glad you could help!

diamondseeker2006- I know you''ve got the Legacy band and it looks so good with your engagement ring. Every time I see you post, I look at your avatar and drool
9.gif
Thank you for your opinions and giving me a little ''insider'' info on the Legacy band!

mrssalvo- haha! Don''t give me ideas here....
11.gif
Maybe someday down the road I could do something like that. Not sure S would go for it. But maybe I can talk him into multiple wedding bands someday...
27.gif

got2goldens- Thank you SO SO very much for your help! I''m leaning toward the Legacy look too! I''ll have to try it on with that engagement ring setting one of these days....

Octavia- Well thank you so very much for your help! Everything you said was quite helpful. I will keep it all in mind. I''ve never seen the Legacy plain band but I''ll have to check it out next time I go into Tiffany. I would however like a ''blingy'' wedding band someday so that''s why I didn''t post any plain bands with this setting. If I did go that option, then I know I''d find something easily that would go with it but not sure I''d want to do that. I agree about the Legacy band with diamonds though. I think it looks really nice with this engagement ring.

bee*- Thanks for your help!

kimikocat- Thank you!

cara

Ideal_Rock
You know, you are not going to get consensus on this one! Too many opinions!

For my part, I like the Legacy, looks very classy/classic and elegant with the baguette/round engagement. Next preferred are the channel sets (round or square, for slightly different looks). I might also like the Novo in real life size, but in the magnified size on the screen I don''t care for the pronginess with the engagement ring simplicity. I''m not a fan of the shared prong with this particular engagement ring setting, but that could also be a magnification factor. IRL (and on one''s own hand) is quite different than in magnified, tiffanyified pics.

Have you thought of getting a similar setting at not-Tiffany''s or are you a Tiffany''s girl?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results