shape
carat
color
clarity

Door Knob has something funny to share...it is a whopper! Hope you are strapped in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Door Knob - I just finally read this (no time to read the 4 pages of replies) but I am so sorry!!! I would just be sick. I don''t even know what to say, but I really feel for you!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh....I have to say...I am shedding more tears, having just read that wonderful outpouring of sincere concern than I did when it was found-gone. You guys are simply THE BEST!!! I feel every hug that you gave!!! You make me feel guilty for being such a board hog!! Thank you. I am humbled beyond measure. Really.

I
emlove.gif
you all!!

I am so grateful to have such great PEEPS. I will respond to your inquiries and let you know how much they meant to me!! You just can''t know how much your words comforted me...truly!!!

I''m OK...really. The oven thing didn''t work. Hubby came in and asked what I was doing...I had a wonderful dramatic opportunity...I exclaimed I have to end it here. He said, "I think they use a gas oven for that". Who knew...convection or electric won''t work for those of you that wonder. Well, it is amazing how clean it is now. You get that close to your oven and see things...things that need attention.

Funny how silly things can put priorities back in perspective. Frankly I would rather have a dirty oven and a sparkly ring.

I just wanted to post and try to get to those of you who may not see this before taking off for this wonderful American Family tradition of Thanksgiving. I have so very much to be thankful for. This board and my friends here top my list!! Each and everyone of you!!! Be safe...enjoy your family time. Lets all eat pie and report back just how sweet life is!!

Sincerely appreciative.... § formally known as DKS (it worked for Prince)

PS....So many thoughtful posts...I must comment now on Maisie...darlin you are a sentimental treasure. Just the sincere offer is gift enough. I am beseeched with humbleness, thank you.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear the oven did not work. Be sure to moisturize...all that dry heat can't be good for you.

Have a happy thanksgiving, Mrs § , who will always be a joy to us (and who is FAR less weird than Prince.)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you checked in DKS. I''m still feeling just gutted for you. I''m so glad you don''t have a gas oven. And you know the convection turns off as soon as you open the door anyway.
2.gif
Take care. I''ll be thinking about you and wishing you well.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you are ok DKS.
1.gif

I am glad you have an electric oven!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you checked in! You have an amazing sense of humor -- electric oven indeed!!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

tkey.jpg

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Hey §, I''ve been checking all day for a followup post from you. Glad your oven isn''t gas, I think that''s pretty rare these days.
2.gif
emrose.gif
Thanks for your fantastic posts, they''re always funny and positive. Sometimes I even learn something. I especially enjoyed your post about your husband coming to help you when you had car trouble. Keep posting please!

emhot.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 2:29:29 AM
Author: Neveah
Oh. NO!!! I am so, so sorry. That is awful. Is there ANY way at all, that it''s ANY where else??? There''s a saint you can pray to, Saint Anthony (I''m not Catholic but I''ve given it a whirl before) who is the Saint of missing things..... couldn''t hurt!!!
BTW, my Aunt lost her diamond out of her ring one day. She was devistated. She just knew it was gone and had NO idea where in the day it could have fallen out. She made me pray to Saint Anthony and later my Uncle BIT INTO THE DIAMOND WHILE EATING LASAGNA! I''m not kidding. It wasn''t chipped (and he didn''t swallow it!) That is a TRUE STORY so stranger things have happened. GOOD LUCK!
I too thought of suggesting praying to St. Anthony. He is good, and there are lots of stories such as this lasagna one - stranger things have happened!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're alive!!
runaround1.gif

Thank God. I purposely stopped slaving over my hot (gas) stove to see if you'd checked in. Imagine my delight in seeing you have!
yippee10.gif

And, imagiine my utter dismay at hearing you now have a spotless oven.
11.gif
25.gif
I'm really glad to hear (in your usual wit), that you're doing good DK. <----- I don't know how to make your new name. *sniff*

p.s. If I'd known offering ones ring up would get honorable mention, I would have gladly offered mine. Of course, had you taken me up on it, it would have been one of my truly defining moments.
9.gif
5.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 1:01:30 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

Date: 11/20/2007 2:29:29 AM
Author: Neveah
Oh. NO!!! I am so, so sorry. That is awful. Is there ANY way at all, that it''s ANY where else??? There''s a saint you can pray to, Saint Anthony (I''m not Catholic but I''ve given it a whirl before) who is the Saint of missing things..... couldn''t hurt!!!
BTW, my Aunt lost her diamond out of her ring one day. She was devistated. She just knew it was gone and had NO idea where in the day it could have fallen out. She made me pray to Saint Anthony and later my Uncle BIT INTO THE DIAMOND WHILE EATING LASAGNA! I''m not kidding. It wasn''t chipped (and he didn''t swallow it!) That is a TRUE STORY so stranger things have happened. GOOD LUCK!
I too thought of suggesting praying to St. Anthony. He is good, and there are lots of stories such as this lasagna one - stranger things have happened!!!
Wow...what an awful thing to happen.
15.gif
My heart just breaks for you.
I wanted to chime in on the prayers to St. Anthony. When I was a little girl my father game me a sapphire and diamond cross. We weren''t close and I didn''t see him often so it was something that I truely valued. Well, I lost it, cried my eyes out, and my grandmother told me to pray to St. Anthony. I did...everytime I thought of my father and how I missed him I would pray for that piece of him back. Wouldn''t you know that over a year later I found it just lying on the carpet on my bedroom floor! I couldn''t believe it never got sucked up by the vaccum or thrown away, it was just there one day. My grandmother believed in this so much she even had a special candle that she would light all the time (she often lost things).
§ formally known as DKS miracles do happen and even if you are not Catholic I hope it''s ok if I say a prayer for you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you posted back here. I am so sorry the door knob was lost.

I admit I waited to post in anticipation of a punch line.
39.gif

Men, can''t live with ''em, yadda yadda yadda
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in DKS!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
35.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh crap...does this mean you''re no longer my diamond twinkie???
7.gif
How ''bout we split my twin to yours in half, make two new rings, then we can still be diamond twinkies??? Aww, hell, screw that...we''ll always be diamond twinkies in my eyes, if only in spirit now, and you''ll always be my favorite poster here on PS known as DKS...no symbols will suffice for you, my friend.
38.gif

All that aside, I am SOOOOO sorry, and I commend you for not wringing said hubby''s neck! I wish there was something I could do besides send more hugs your way, but that''s what I''ll have to settle for now. You bring such love and delight to this forum, and though I have been hoping and waiting to see what you will do with my stone''s twin, I am proud of you for handling it with your usual humor and grace. You are truly one of a kind, my friend.

We all have many things to be thankful for at this time of year, and I know I am thankful for having met you on here. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving, diamond or no diamond.

Hang in there, and I''m still keeping my fingers crossed that you find that DKS and you can come back to post that it was all just a big misunderstanding!!! (A girl can dream for you, can''t they???)

Love ya, DKS!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thats awful! And totally something my husband would do. Hopefully he was mistaken and it never made it the hiding place and it will show up.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
DKS--I''m so glad to see that you stopped in.

And I missed Maisie''s post the first time I read through this thread, but now it has me thinking . . .

I have a .22 ct solitaire from a failed engagement (I posted about it a while ago because I needed some inspiration to figure out what the heck to do with it) and I know it''s not even close to your door knob, but say the word and it is yours! Seriously. It''s been sitting in a little ring box for five years, just waiting for someone to come along and love it, like those sad little puppies with the waggy tails in pet stores.

Now, I smell the beginnings of a cluster ring, here. Or a five-stone ring! How gorgeous would a five-stone ring look with stones in the .2 to .25 range? OH, new project! Really, I want you to have it.

We could call a PS vendor and arrange something, no?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYWORD, DKS (I''d use your new "name" but I don''t think my laptop keyboard has your symbol!)
2.gif

OH. I. would. seriously. kill. him! Then I would probably slink into a loooong depression. VERY long. I just cannot believe how good natured you have been through all of this. Seriously... it''s amazing. Wow.

I am so sorry for your loss.
39.gif
I can''t even imagine. *hugs*

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 6:17:24 PM
Author: Haven
DKS--I''m so glad to see that you stopped in.

And I missed Maisie''s post the first time I read through this thread, but now it has me thinking . . .

I have a .22 ct solitaire from a failed engagement (I posted about it a while ago because I needed some inspiration to figure out what the heck to do with it) and I know it''s not even close to your door knob, but say the word and it is yours! Seriously. It''s been sitting in a little ring box for five years, just waiting for someone to come along and love it, like those sad little puppies with the waggy tails in pet stores.

Now, I smell the beginnings of a cluster ring, here. Or a five-stone ring! How gorgeous would a five-stone ring look with stones in the .2 to .25 range? OH, new project! Really, I want you to have it.

We could call a PS vendor and arrange something, no?

Wow Haven. That was really really sweet of you. I love how all you gals on here are so nice and accepting. FI always asks me what I''m doing on here and I say ''talking to my friends''. He thinks I''m crazy.... But you girls are SUPER!
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Well, I love all of you guys! First, no insurance. Nada. Lets all get over it. Selkie and Katebar...repeat after me...no insurance. It was in a safe place...really. And I do not look good in orange nor have a desire to work a rock pile...so I won''t be calling State Farm to be put in the State "Farm".
2.gif

Love in Bloom I too thought hubby had tired of my dragging my feet...and sent it off to Leon himself. Then when I looked up after he said it isn''t there...his color disappeared from his face. He will be deserved of an oscar if he in fact did build it. But he can''t lie...and I am confident he didn''t this time .
Circe
, He felt moved to go back and turn everything upside down. Lumpkin & Sera, He even went through the trash. Twice. Nooks. Crannies. Cubbie holes. Yes Just Julia even more Hiddey holes. And a few mole holes out in the yard. Nada.
Neveah, The lasagna idea is a good one. I will bake one tomorrow. I wonder if it has to be that specific recipe? Thanks to you too, Munchkin. By the way, hubby''s name is Anthony. And this thing aside...he is a Saint. Yeah, Miranda...I too remember the rescue. One of many...Thanks for remembering.
Lady Amythyst, Thing2
and Sabine, Yes, hub bub immediately said lets go replace it. Come on get your jacket. I said silly...I know too much. I can''t get a stone at the local convenience store...nor can I without running it past my PEEPS first. He said you got peeps?...I said yeah the PS board are my peeps. I told him I was most appreciative for the offer, and will replace it when the time is right...we are in the midst of selling our latest home...and will feel less extravagant if I wait for the sale to go through.
Haven
and I wanna....you peeps are the best! Suggesting a fund raiser! How very sweet of you. Again...just the thought is a gift to me. I treasure you both! Don''t worry...we can swing it...I just don''t want too. Seems silly to spend more $$$ on the same thing. Argghhh! Lets have a FUN raiser instead!!
2.gif
Oh I wanna...thanks for the laugh-also lost husband-ha ha. Too funny!!
Glad some of you opened the doors of conversation with your hubby-thanks for sharing yours felt bad for me. Holly S glad you and Dave got this out early. I am sure your marriage will continue to be a happy one. Tell him thanks for turning green. You sure you didn''t marry Lou Ferrigno? And Captain A...thank you for your apology. On behalf of women...we accept it...but we still reserve the right to throw a tantrum when you do something silly again!!
2.gif
and you will!
Diamante...that was funny...There are many things I am willing to trade...Hubby is not one of them. Sell...for the right price I will entertain all offers!!
Merco...I thought about that too...yak more get to 10K...then I looked at my count...not even 2 k. Do you know any other PSer that can yak more than I? I''ll never make it there! It should be on the volume of words...like a thesis.
Deco
...yes, lets agree with the spindly little legs. Knowing it is under non biodegradable baby diapers, or plastic laundry detergent bottles is too much to take. Thanks for the laugh.
And as for all your comments about my being light hearted about it. Things happen. That is all it is. Not intentional. Lynn B...You have to agree...it is pretty funny. You snooze you loose! Ok OK I have learned my lesson!! Thanks Splendid.
Kayla
, MrsSalvo, SDL, Fire Goddess, Mara, tgal, robbie, ellen, skippy, AGBF, Harriet, indy-I can always count you veterans to chime in when I need you!!
VegasAngel, Aloros, aljdewey, sshiney, lyra, addy thanks for all your encouragement! part gypsy, littlelysser, MZ, Dmbsgirl, Cat mom, Elmorton...thank you! Crown...all hard surface flooring-no carpet. Good try! Oh Bee you are a sweetie. Rockzilla...worst than Shakespeare heh?
Rainy daze thanks for your shocking expression-I am sure that is how I looked. and Mercoledi thanks for your words!! Kay I am with you! Hudson Hawk...dinner plate, does than mean more dish washing? Crooked rock...funny you should mention "blow"...he just gave me a leaf blower/vac/shredder. Could you be more careful with your wishes please!
Crono, Moon water, Lorelei, Posh, Dani thanks. Snlee, Rising sun, and Princess thanks for your hugs! Old Fashioned...I know the post is long!! But it is filled with hugs...jump in and grab one!
Susi sorry about your brooch. You and I are members of a club. AND WE DEMAND NO MORE MEMBERS! Thanks for the kind words Island. Kim H, Steel and MSB700 no punchline honeys? Sorry. Oh mela lu-thanks. But Oprah has a few author issues. Got anybody else up your sleeve? Thanks Lauren. Julianna and 777 thanks and happy tgiving! Asscherisme and Canuk...your support means alot!
Haven, you and Maisie and your generosity is just too much! Thank you from the bottom of my culet!! (oops...glad you know that is not anatomy-oh that is right I don''t have a culet anymore, waaaaa) Really. You are true gems! Ang...I agree. They are really something. You all are. Just read this thread. Friends sharing and exchanging sincerity.

Thanks for taking the time to add a line or two...many laughs...a ton of hugs...a fund raiser...and sacrifices from the heart! You have all done so much to help me move on. I am grateful to each post. (forgive me if I missed mentioning anyone! As you know I have been breathing oven cleaner fumes-little woozy)

Warmest thanks!!

§

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Now I have some business to attend to...this is addressed to HARLEIGH aka dks''s stone twinkie.

You and I have been board buddies for a long time...I don''t want it to end. I think you are adorable. And I lurve you. But this is serious busniess. This is nothing personal...But I want you to know I am having my attorney to draw up a letter and demand of receipts, dates, etc of when and where you acquired the stone that is exactly the same measurements of the ...eh hem...dearly departed.

It pains me to have to do this...but you came here after I ...you with your 2.11 carat stone. Why? How? I demand answers! And I just may demand my stone back.

Funny how you are getting married in Hawaii. Plan on not returning do you? Hmmm...it all adds up! Your paperwork better be in order missy...or your wedding colors won''t include fuschia...but a cheerful shade of BRIGHT ORANGE!!!

Look for the mailman. When you least expect it....He is coming. (do do do do do do...this is shark music)

§

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
This forum is truly a place filled with warm and caring people it really makes you smile
1.gif

As you said things happen but regardless you handling this admirably, in your shoes I don't know if I could say the same for myself. I hope it does turn up stranger things have happened
1.gif
. I feel really sorry for your hubby as well I am sure he feels horrid as well - poor bugger
7.gif

Wishing you all the best :)

Dea

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what to say DKS other than I'm so sorry. I hugely admire your positive attitude. Wow. That and the outpouring of support on this thread are just inspiring.

I wish there was something I could do to help. I hope it's of some little support if I send lots of virtual hugs and cups of tea and offer up lots of big ol' Irish Catholic girl prayers to St Anthony. They'll be emanating out of Ireland in droves for you. Promise.

ETA: I lost a sterling silver bracelet once that was a 21st birthday gift from my dearest friend. She saved and saved to be able to buy this bracelet, it was of huge sentimental value. Anyway it had a wonky clasp and it fell off one night that we were out dancing. I wailed and wailed - random strangers were coming up to me telling me 'whoever he is, he's not worth it pet'! I was in bits. I sent an email out to my entire campus asking if anyone had found it. I got a lot of nasty replies but one guy wrote back with the prayer to St Anthony and said he'd say it for me. The next day a girl emailed - she had found my bracelet and had it safe and sound for me. Sometimes things do just show up. And sometimes husbands just have to buy replacement (read 'bigger') diamonds!!!
27.gif

justme1

Shiny_Rock
DKS ~
I''m so sorry. I can''t even imagine.
Try the St. Anthony prayer... It can''t hurt. I''ll be doing it for you too. Maybe if we all do it today .... there''s power in numbers!
St. Anthony, St. Anthony Please come around something is lost & it must be found. (repeat 3 times)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just read this, DKS, and I''m so sorry that you lost your diamond.
8.gif

THis is a time to mourn. I expect, however, that there will be bigger and better things in your future.

Blessings to you and yours and have a happy Thanksgiving!

togal

Shiny_Rock
Your tale is a tragic one.....one of the worst I''ve read here on PS. Even sadder than the one where the guy bought his FI''s ring at Kay''s then found PS AFTER the 90 day return policy ran out....that was a sad one....but your story tops it.

On a serious note, I do feel terrible for your loss. I even mentioned your post to my husband, who looked equally shocked. He said I should mention that on the upside, you did find PS and now have access to the very best priced, high quality diamonds on the internet through the very reputable PS vendors, including "hot flash"....he mean''t "Whiteflash", but I didn''t bother correcting him.
41.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Togal...I am cracking up and please tell you hubby I will consult Hotflash when the time is right! In the meantime I will try that cream stuff. That one is a priceless slip!

Deelight...nothing Admiral about it really. I suppose the stones meaning was exchanged in the act of the decision to marry. That is where the value is to me. Sure I liked being a young chick years back blinded by a knob...but all things considered there are worst events to shed tears. I guess I will have a vault full on standby.

Delster...so sorry about the sheer pain you suffered at the loss of that treasure. But oh the joy when it was returned. What a great girl she was to return it to you! I would like to think we would all do that.

Just me1: thanks so much for your prayers. And concern enough to do so on my behalf.

Fly girl...Can you believe the outpourring on this thread? This place is incredible. I can''t help but smile thinking of everyone. And your post was very poignant, and I would exchange the blessing to you as well.

Thanks kids!!

§

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
You know, I was telling my mom about how your diamond got thrown out in the trash (you think, although we all still hope by some miracle it's found), and she told me something I'd never known: her engagement ring she wore at their wedding was not the original. She was out planting potatoes with her father (he was a farmer) and she said that she thought the ring was the right size, but she didn't know (never had a ring before) and when she was working with her father, the ring came off her hand, but she didn't realize it until a few hours later, and had no way of knowing where in the field it was. They looked and looked. My dad looked for weeks, she said. Anyway, eventually, my dad got her another ring.

So, then months later my grandmother calls my mom and tells her she needs to come over for some potato soup, because they grew so well. She and Dad go over, and in the middle of the dinner table is a potato my grandma cut into that had a ring grown into it. My mother's original engagement ring.

My mom swears she told me this story before, but I don't remember for the life of me, and I think I'd remember something like that. I called my brother to see if he knew about it, and he told me I was bleeping nuts. I guess that means he'd never heard it, either.

Maybe the diamond will reappear like my mom's did!!
9.gif
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
DKS, I''m so sorry to hear your missing door knob.
39.gif
It''s good that you''re able to keep a sense of humor about it.

Fishie, that story''s just amazing. I can only hope that something similar happens here.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 2:39:40 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Now I have some business to attend to...this is addressed to HARLEIGH aka dks''s stone twinkie.

You and I have been board buddies for a long time...I don''t want it to end. I think you are adorable. And I lurve you. But this is serious busniess. This is nothing personal...But I want you to know I am having my attorney to draw up a letter and demand of receipts, dates, etc of when and where you acquired the stone that is exactly the same measurements of the ...eh hem...dearly departed.

It pains me to have to do this...but you came here after I ...you with your 2.11 carat stone. Why? How? I demand answers! And I just may demand my stone back.

Funny how you are getting married in Hawaii. Plan on not returning do you? Hmmm...it all adds up! Your paperwork better be in order missy...or your wedding colors won''t include fuschia...but a cheerful shade of BRIGHT ORANGE!!!

Look for the mailman. When you least expect it....He is coming. (do do do do do do...this is shark music)

§
Okay - now that''s funny! tehehehe!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 2:24:07 AM
Author: door knob solitaire

Old Fashioned...I know the post is long!! But it is filled with hugs...jump in and grab one!
DKS, you are sweet to respond to every single person! I just wanted to clarify, I did read your whole first post, just not all the responses, and I only put that in just in case I missed some new developments in the later pages of the thread (so if I sound clueless you would know why!
3.gif
). And although I didn''t say it explicitly, I was sending ''hugs'' your way too, because I sure would want them in your situation. That was so cute how you said, "jump in and grab one!"

Just one more thing though, I read the part about insurance, and I realize the door knob wasn''t insured, but, I think how my insurance works, something above a certain cutoff like $2400 like my e-ring, does need to be specified to them - i .e. insured specifically, to get the full value out. But I think if for example if it wasn''t insured, I think I could at least collect $2400. I think. (e.g. some of my less expensive jewelry - they said I don''t have to itemize them; as long as they''re less than $2400 they''re covered by the blanket policy. The only items I have to itemize and pay more to insure are those over that amount.) So although $2400 (for example) is not going to buy a good 2ct door knob, it''s better than nothing. Do you think your homeowner''s insurance would kick in any money like that, even for an item that was not specifically insured? It seems like it''s worth asking.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
DKS, sorry to hear about what happened. You seem to have an amazing spirit though and I look fwd to reading about it when you''re able to find a replacement. Although, still hoping that it will turn up somewhere...
Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results