shape
carat
color
clarity

Door Knob has something funny to share...it is a whopper! Hope you are strapped in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I applaud your wry sense of humor! I know if I were you I''d be having trouble functioning, let alone writing a story filled with quips and tragedy!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, DKS...I''m so sorry to hear this. Ouch-your poor door knob''s story hurts me. Mr. DKS best be working on a replacement door knob for you, and on the double!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That is awful! So sorry this happened
39.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
double post

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, DKS, I am so sorry to hear this.

I smell a fundraiser in the works--come on, ladies, get your thinking caps a''twirling, we have some funds to raise.

I''m not kidding.

Let''s pool our collective talents and raise some REPLACE THE DOORKNOB funds! I have a one inch button maker, those little suckers bring in a dollar a piece. (This CAN be done--I work in a public school, we raise thousands each year by selling candy bars and frozen cheesecakes. I wish I could post a link to an outside website--I can see it now: "REPLACE THE KNOB FUNDRAISER! Internet community comes together to replace beloved member''s solitaire." I''m going to look into it, people have raised funds for much stranger things.)

DKS--Please don''t leave PS, we need you!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 6:19:10 PM
Author: Haven
Oh, DKS, I am so sorry to hear this.

I smell a fundraiser in the works--come on, ladies, get your thinking caps a''twirling, we have some funds to raise.

I''m not kidding.

Let''s pool our collective talents and raise some REPLACE THE DOORKNOB funds! I have a one inch button maker, those little suckers bring in a dollar a piece. (This CAN be done--I work in a public school, we raise thousands each year by selling candy bars and frozen cheesecakes. I wish I could post a link to an outside website--I can see it now: ''REPLACE THE KNOB FUNDRAISER! Internet community comes together to replace beloved member''s solitaire.'' I''m going to look into it, people have raised funds for much stranger things.)

DKS--Please don''t leave PS, we need you!
I actually thought about this....could be a newsbreaker...i''d donate just out of gratitude to DKS for her ability to make me smile, even during the hardest times.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
DKS -- my heart breaks for you! I told Dave at lunch, and he was horrified; he actually turned a little green around the gills!

I sincerely hope that you're able, sooner rather than later, to go searching for the perfect replacement. It won't be the same; but look at your wealth of knowledge since becoming a PSer, and how it might be a really neat experience. I'm hoping you'll have some fun doing that in the very near future.

In the meantime, we'll all mourn with you. Our hearts are sad with you.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
DKS (you''ll always be DKS to us!), where are you? Any update?

I was reading your post hoping for a happy ending. That is so sad!!
39.gif
I hope your husband is working on getting a replacement for you.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
OMG
6.gif
This is dreadful!! I''m so sorry your doorknob has gone missing. Please come back and tell us that you''re OK and that Mr. Knob is on the phone to WF--or whomever--looking for a suitable replacement
39.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. While very tragic, your sense of humor is greatly admired! SO Sorry for you loss. If I had to bet (and I am a betting gal) I would bet that Mr. DKS surprises you with something that will blow your and our socks off!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
On behalf of husbands everywhere, I want to apologize. This is something I could have done easily myself.
32.gif

Ugh.
7.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DKS,

I am so sorry. My mother threw out some diamonds (earrings I think) or had them thrown out on her one Christmas before I was born, but I am sure they were not of great value like your diamond. Her feeling about what happened was similar to yours, however. It was just incredibly frustrating to have it happen under her nose!

You are remarkable to be able to write a satirical posting about your experience so soon after finding out such devastating news. Keep us apprised of your plans. I know you will get another diamond if the original does not turn up somewhere where you hid it!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
OMG, DKS, I am so sorry. You have a remarkable sense of humor -- I wouldn''t have been able to handle the situation with such grace and wit. I hope Mr. DKS will be getting you a replacement soon, although I realize you can''t replace the sentimental value.

I''m telling my DH about this one because he always makes fun of me for not being able to throw out papers and envelopes w/o looking through them all to make sure there is nothing important that I might need later.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DKS, I''ve been checking for an update, or anything from you, all day long. I hope you''re okay. Thinking of you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 10:08:15 PM
Author: KimberlyH
DKS, I''ve been checking for an update, or anything from you, all day long. I hope you''re okay. Thinking of you.

ditto!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 10:14:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo

ditto!!
Thritto!!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Poop.

Aw DKS!! You must be over the wall frantic. The Door Knob will turn up. It''s probably in some other hidey-hole that your hubby dug up and forgot about in the frenzy of the tornado.

I am waiting and waiting for you to come back and say "Ah! We found the envelope underneath the carpet!"

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DKS,
Thinkiing of you tonight sweets. I''m off tomorrow, but will be checking in. Hope you''re ok!!
35.gif

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea if you even believe in god, but I''ll do what I can for you!

Dear St. Anthony please look around, something is lost and must be found. Dear St. Anthony please look around, something is lost and must be found. Dear St. Anthony please look around, something is lost and must be found. Dear St. Anthony please look around, something is lost and must be found. etc.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that DKS.. you are a cool girl for taking this so calmly.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh DKS!!!!! Say it isn''t so! Ah well, stuff is stuff! The lucky thing is that you still have the man you adore. Before you strangle him just remember he will rescue you in the freezing cold! We love you whether you have a door knob of a rock, a tiny rock, or no rock at all so come back and tell us how you are doing!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, DKS.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 10:15:50 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/20/2007 10:14:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo

DKS, I've been checking for an update, or anything from you, all day long. I hope you're okay. Thinking of you.

ditto!!
Thritto!!!
And me as well. I came back especially tonight to see if you had any news or any kind of update.

DKS, please check to see if your homeowner's insurance will cover at least some portion of your loss. Probably not all, but hopefully a good start. Your poor hubby. I can imagine he is just overwrought. Your sense of humor will pull you both through. If nothing else it will be a heck of a story to tell your grandchildren! And thank goodness it was the rock and not the hubby!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
this is so tragic that im at a loss on what to say..i kept waiting for the punchline like so many others, but didnt find it..please tell me it isn''t true!!!

(and like Mara asked, i must have missed how big DK was (IS! not was..IS!! you''ll find it i hope!)..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DK, I was thinking about you last night, and the timing of this. Right before Thanksgiving, when we should acknowledge all the things we''re grateful for. Maybe, it would help if you really made a list, so you could see in black and white just how lucky you are, despite this rather substantial loss....Just a thought.

Thinking of you.

p.s. I echo the sentiments that you''ll always be welcomed here, you''re one of a kind. And a nice kind at that.
2.gif

Now, please check in, if only to type that you''re ok, and haven''t killed hubs yet. Because if you don''t check in, I may just have to get in the car and drive out there (wherever there is), and I''d surely miss Thanksgiving dinner here with my mom.

On second thought, don''t move a muscle, I''m on my way.
9.gif
2.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 6:44:52 AM
Author: Ellen
DK, I was thinking about you last night, and the timing of this. Right before Thanksgiving, when we should acknowledge all the things we''re grateful for. Maybe, it would help if you really made a list, so you could see in black and white just how lucky you are, despite this rather substantial loss....Just a thought.

Thinking of you.

p.s. I echo the sentiments that you''ll always be welcomed here, you''re one of a kind. And a nice kind at that.
2.gif

Now, please check in, if only to type that you''re ok, and haven''t killed hubs yet. Because if you don''t check in, I may just have to get in the car and drive out there (wherever there is), and I''d surely miss Thanksgiving dinner here with my mom.

On second thought, don''t move a muscle, I''m on my way.
9.gif
2.gif

Can I hitch a ride?
17.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 7:41:39 AM
Author: ang3199

Can I hitch a ride?
17.gif
lol.gif

Absolutely.
2.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh man.
23.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, DKS, I''m so sorry. I really hope it just found it''s own little hidey hole.

*hug*

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 5:37:02 AM
Author: msb700
23.gif
this is so tragic that im at a loss on what to say..i kept waiting for the punchline like so many others, but didnt find it..please tell me it isn''t true!!!

(and like Mara asked, i must have missed how big DK was (IS! not was..IS!! you''ll find it i hope!)..

I think in her first thread she said it''s 2.11, and too sentimental to upgrade.

Sadness!

Come back to us DKS, I know I saw you over in SMTR yesterday!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results