shape
carat
color
clarity

Door Knob has something funny to share...it is a whopper! Hope you are strapped in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if I should laugh or cry for you. Somehow, this story seems appropriate:

Wisdom of an elderly woman ...

Sally was driving home from one of her business trips in Northern Arizona when she saw an elderly Navajo woman walking on the side of the road.

As the trip was a long and quiet one, she stopped the car and asked the Navajo woman if she would like a ride.

With a silent nod of thanks, the woman got into the car.

Resuming the journey, Sally tried in vain to make a bit of small talk with the Navajo woman. The old woman just sat silently, looking intently at everything she saw, studying every little detail, until she noticed a brown bag on the seat next to Sally.

''What in bag? '' asked the old woman.

Sally looked down at the brown bag and said, ''It''s a bottle of wine. I got it for my husband.''

The Navajo woman was silent for another moment or two.

Then speaking with the quiet wisdom of an elder, she said:

''Good trade.....''

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, DKS... I can''t believe you are taking this so well and even labeled it funny. You are a legend in my book. Your husband had better have a little sparkler up his sleeve for Christmas now!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Call insurance company (house or renters policy) and say....

DKS- "I''ve been robbed"
Ins Agent- "What''s missing?"
DKS-" My door knob and my husband."
11.gif

LOL, I know this is no time for humor my friend...my heart bleeds for you. I hope this all works out.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously though, could you say that it went missing during the whirlygig crisis? Would someone have been able to get into your house then? I know this is wrong on so many different levels, but could you say you didn''t realize it was missing until now and that that time was the only time the house has been unsecure?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DKS, I kept waiting for a punchline, please say there's more to the story...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH DKS,
39.gif
, I''m SO, SO sorry! I can''t even begin to imagine how you are feeling right now. Please know that my most positive thoughts are with you right now that you some how find the knob or a new knob that can help ease the pain!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh how awful!
32.gif

Quick- if we can get you up to 10,000 posts you can have a mini sparkler to keep you warm in the winter.

Gosh, I''m just so sorry. That''s exactly the kind of thing my DH would do, so I saw your ending comming. Some people just "clean up" perpetually. That''s so sad.
38.gif

But please don''t leave us!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Total bummer.
39.gif

Sharon

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I''m laughing through your tears. This is TERRIBLE!! Any updates?

What are you ''thinking'' you''ll do?

Oh my goodness. I''m speachless.

PS. You should be a profesh writer (if you''re not already). I''ll call Oprah and set up your time-slot.

DKS 4 evah.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 3:35:00 AM
Author: decodelighted

It''s a sad story that illustrates the different types of focus different people put on things. For some folks, focus on the stone would have meant insuring it to the hilt & glancing at it a million times a day. For others, focus means years spent pursing the ideal setting & not settling for less. (You''re certainly not the only one around here!!
3.gif
)

I''d venture to guess from all your stories & your wonderful outlook that your TRUE focus is on your relationships. Which is more important than any material thing ... as, of course, you''d agree. Give ''Mud'' a hug & some puppy dog eyes. He''s a man who wants you to have a Door Knob. Maybe he''ll strike again!
2.gif
I agree w/the above. I am so sorry! I will pray it can be found.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it helps I have a 1/4 carat princess cut diamond.... it has huge sentimental meaning to me .... you could have it ... seriously.... its not a door knob, more a keyhole but its pretty
1.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
OMG! That''s awful!!!

I really hope you find it somewhere in the house
8.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! That''s HORRIBLE! I really hope you guys find it somewhere. Sending all my luck your way...

7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I''m SO sorry for you, DKS, and hope that hubby is working on a replacement for you.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, DKS. OR NODKS, I am so sorry! I''ve been waiting and waiting to see this screen-name-worthy diamond.

I know it''s of no consolation, but, with the story of this rock, it seems a bit like the black pearl to me.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry. I''m just sick for you.
7.gif
I''m sending prayers that if it is somehow still in the house, that you will find it. I almost threw out my own ring yesterday. It was in a papertowel drying, I forgot, and went to throw it in the trash...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that really sucks. You seem to be ok though. Are you ok? Or just laughing to stop from crying?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
DKS, hope you check in soon. I''m concerned that the oven may have gotten the better of ya.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif

I am so sorry. If it makes you feel any better it totally sounds like something my husband would do (brief check, oh this is just an empty envelope, throw away, verbal instructions/etc forgotten).
All I can say, though I know it won''t replace the sentimentality of it, I hope it was insured.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
OMG. I am sooooooo sorry.
emcry.gif

I hope that somehow, you find it in a pocket or a drawer or some other really weird place that you never look.

I know you are probably just sick over having it lost, but PLEASE! How could you think that having a diamond -- huge, medium or need a magnifying glass to see -- has anything to do with your worth on this board. Your wry sense of humor is something I look forward to every time I come and see what''s going on.

Please check back soon!

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
i am so sorry dks...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DK that is just the saddest thing. Seriously. I love how you have a sense of humor about it. How much groveling has Mr. NoDKS been doing?

And I think I missed this somewhere but how large was the DKS anyway?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2007 12:29:00 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/20/2007 9:29:28 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Call insurance company (house or renters policy) and say....

DKS- ''I''ve been robbed''
Ins Agent- ''What''s missing?''
DKS-'' My door knob and my husband.''
11.gif

LOL, I know this is no time for humor my friend...my heart bleeds for you. I hope this all works out.
ROFLMAO.
9.gif
11.gif
I was starting to wonder if I pi$$ed someone off...haha
12.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DKS...I''m so sorry.

That is awful stuff.
15.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if he''s not working on a replacement, his head should go back in the oven.......

i think you''re handling this very very well.....better than i would, that''s for sure.

movie zombie

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness I am so sorry! You are a better woman that I, if FF had done something like that i might have strangled him!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fact that you wrote the post as you did, with a funny twist to it, instead of a string of expletives (which I admit, would have been my first response no matter how much I love my hubby) is why we love you and you will always remain DKS no matter what size S you have!!

I hope you either find the door knob or can replace it some time soon...

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
DKS this simply is not fair *Stamps foot*.
Hugs to you and firngers crossed you can find it or insurance cancome to the party!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh noes, DKS! This is simply awful to hear!

However, I loved your clever sense of humour about it - your story had me completely involved, but when I got the awful part, I kept hoping there was some sort of "Surprise, late (or early) April Fool''s!" at the end.

I hope, by some miracle, it is still somewhere in your house.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results