shape
carat
color
clarity

cutting losses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
TGal, Mara, Deco, Lumpkin...am I missing anyone else? Oh, Canuk gal...I normally hate the "pie" references so I'll just say, I would like to invite you gals for a virtual cocktail-fest. I think we all could use a drink at this point...and a time out...TGal, we'll have non-alcoholic beverages for you my dear Gal...And I DO hope that you're not being serious and that you DO like somebody...*sniff*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, a voice of reason that sounds much more soothing and kinder than my own.
2.gif

Surfgirl, hmph. Leave it to you to take away PIE when this is the time where I would WANT it. Even stinkin'' lemon. Gimme pie and a glass of MILK and you''re on.
3.gif

And as to not liking people...well, OK. There are one or two. But I''m happy to report I don''t HATE anybody!
9.gif

(By the way, can I blame this all on hormones? Hehehehe...)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 7:58:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Sharon, a voice of reason that sounds much more soothing and kinder than my own.
2.gif

Surfgirl, hmph. Leave it to you to take away PIE when this is the time where I would WANT it. Even stinkin'' lemon. Gimme pie and a glass of MILK and you''re on.
3.gif

And as to not liking people...well, OK. There are one or two. But I''m happy to report I don''t HATE anybody!
9.gif

(By the way, can I blame this all on hormones? Hehehehe...)
OH you can have your pie woman! I would never get in between a pregnant woman and her dessert cravings..I''m not that stupid! We''ll just hoist a shot in your honor but you can still sit at the bar with us...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes the process is more exciting and more fun to a person than the end result. I think sometimes things may be sub-consciously (or consciously) drawn out because like reading a great novel, it is a bit sad when you are finished.

Cehra, I don't think it is realistic to expect people to understand that you need to give yourself a big warm hug and not fill in the blanks and finish the story . This forum is a two way street when it comes to sharing, and you are definitely not being fair to those who have been there supporting you for so long, by not telling them what your decision is.

Everyone here wants to see a ring on your finger......glad to hear that day will be here some day, after all the post process requirements have been executed and finalized.

ETA: Congratulations TGal on your pregnancy!! That's so exciting and very wonderful news for you and TGuy.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 7:54:29 PM
Author: surfgirl
TGal, Mara, Deco, Lumpkin...am I missing anyone else? Oh, Canuk gal...I normally hate the ''pie'' references so I''ll just say, I would like to invite you gals for a virtual cocktail-fest. I think we all could use a drink at this point...and a time out...TGal, we''ll have non-alcoholic beverages for you my dear Gal...And I DO hope that you''re not being serious and that you DO like somebody...*sniff*

How about some ice? Cause right now I have smoke coming out of my ears! Normally, I don''t get all huffy about things that go on here. So put me on ice, LOL! It can be flavored Italian ice.
3.gif

You must have already served some to me because I do feel a little less hot under the collar. Really, such a silly thing to be riled up about.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen marriages go from down the aisle to divorce that are less dramatic than this whole process, which I have followed on and off, mostly from a distance, for the past year. I can understand why it might have gotten under some peoples'' skin.

I prefer a drink over dessert, wine to be exact, but in honor of TG I''ll take some damn pie, because I really want her to like me.
9.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 8:11:27 PM
Author: lumpkin

Date: 8/3/2007 7:54:29 PM
TGal, Mara, Deco, Lumpkin...am I missing anyone else? Oh, Canuk gal...I normally hate the ''pie'' references so I''ll just say, I would like to invite you gals for a virtual cocktail-fest. I think we all could use a drink at this point...and a time out...TGal, we''ll have non-alcoholic beverages for you my dear Gal...And I DO hope that you''re not being serious and that you DO like somebody...*sniff*

How about some ice? Cause right now I have smoke coming out of my ears! Normally, I don''t get all huffy about things that go on here. So put me on ice, LOL! It can be flavored Italian ice.
3.gif

You must have already served some to me because I do feel a little less hot under the collar. Really, such a silly thing to be riled up about.
Oh, so you got my virtual margarita already?!? Wow, that was fast service!! I''m making up a batch of mango margs, then some classic strawberry, whatever it take to cool a lumpkin down!
25.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 8:23:31 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I've seen marriages go from down the aisle to divorce that are less dramatic than this whole process, which I have followed on and off, mostly from a distance, for the past year. I can understand why it might have gotten under some peoples' skin.

I prefer a drink over dessert, wine to be exact, but in honor of TG I'll take some damn pie, because I really want her to like me.
9.gif
Have the wine Kimberly, you have no worries.
2.gif

eta thanks hlmr!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 8:24:06 PM
Oh, so you got my virtual margarita already?!? Wow, that was fast service!! I''m making up a batch of mango margs, then some classic strawberry, whatever it take to cool a lumpkin down!
25.gif

Yummmm! I''ll take (at least) one of each.
9.gif
You may have to cut me off though, because I can''t hold my liquor worth a damn. But I''m not driving, at least!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 8:27:31 PM

Date: 8/3/2007 8:23:31 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I''ve seen marriages go from down the aisle to divorce that are less dramatic than this whole process, which I have followed on and off, mostly from a distance, for the past year. I can understand why it might have gotten under some peoples'' skin.

I prefer a drink over dessert, wine to be exact, but in honor of TG I''ll take some damn pie, because I really want her to like me.
9.gif
Have the wine Kimberly, you have no worries.
2.gif

eta thanks hlmr!
Woo Hoo, wine and a real live virtual friend, what more could once ask for?
2.gif
Surf, please pour me a drink!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal, I have a feeling you will never be that type of pregnant gal. I think we could see you on Vanity Fair with Ttummy and you would glow...

As the presumed coiner of Ttot (I think I came up with it first!!) I hope I am in the good category (no pressure here!!!)

And I do hope Sarah comes back with some great ring photos in a bit! Stay tuned is about all I can think of...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Diamondfan, that''s supersweet of you to say. I guess I''ll (grudgingly) admit I like more people than I thought.
2.gif

TGuy is home, and I finally get to go out and enjoy our night. The thing that sucks about working from home is that the computer is always there and there''s no excuse to leave work! Have a great evening everyone!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 8:54:43 PM
Author: diamondfan
Tgal, I have a feeling you will never be that type of pregnant gal. I think we could see you on Vanity Fair with Ttummy and you would glow...

As the presumed coiner of Ttot (I think I came up with it first!!) I hope I am in the good category (no pressure here!!!)

And I do hope Sarah comes back with some great ring photos in a bit! Stay tuned is about all I can think of...
That''s awesome DF! I love it!
36.gif
The next question will be is that a le Ttot or a la Ttot?
9.gif

Any gut instinct either way TGal? I always felt I would give birth to a le, and I was correct!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 9:09:28 PM
Author: hlmr

36.gif
9.gif

Any gut instinct either way TGal? I always felt I would give birth to a le, and I was correct!
2.gif
I''m guessing it will be la Ttotta...but we are not finding out. This is one case where I am happy to enjoy the journey and don''t have specific wishes on the end-product. I''ll just let the designer figure it out!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 9:11:58 PM

36.gif
9.gif

2.gif
I''m guessing it will be la Ttotta...but we are not finding out. This is one case where I am happy to enjoy the journey and don''t have specific wishes on the end-product. I''ll just let the designer figure it out!
1.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

36.gif
9.gif

2.gif
HI:

Et toi!
emmale.gif
emfemale.gif
???

P.S. Thank you ya''ll for the drink and pie, but am happy to wait and celebrate when Cehra gets her beautiful diamond set!

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t read all the replies yet but I began to read the thread this morning. Is it time for pie or am I too late in suggesting it??

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 9:31:52 PM
Author: zoebartlett
I haven''t read all the replies yet but I began to read the thread this morning. Is it time for pie or am I too late in suggesting it??
LOL! I''ve only been lurking on this thread today because I''m not feeling my most patient and a probably a little toooooooo honest to post on something this touchy. They''ve moved from pie to hard alcohol!!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 9:35:42 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 8/3/2007 9:31:52 PM
Author: zoebartlett
LOL! I''ve only been lurking on this thread today because I''m not feeling my most patient and a probably a little toooooooo honest to post on something this touchy. They''ve moved from pie to hard alcohol!!!!!

Oh my. I''m sorry Sara that this is not going well. I hope things are resolved quickly. No pie, huh? I don''t know that it''s gotten to the point of moving on from pie to drinks in the time I''ve been here. Oh my.
7.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, this thread is intense...I want some pie and a cocktail and I wasn''t even involved! Yikes! I do hope everything works out for you, Cehra, but I definitely understand everyone''s frustration as well. (I''m definitely in the Deco/TGal/Firegoddess school of thought.)

Anyway, good luck and I must say, I still want to see the finished product!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sara, I am sorry to say that I missed this due to too much going on in real life (good stuff, new car, new house for daughter, etc.). I had to reply because I feel like your feelings are hurt after reading some of this thread.

First of all, I totally understand how things came to this point. You had a very clear vision of what you wanted. You found a very competent artist to make it for you. You liked her and connected with her. But she had a different vision than you did and tried to change it. But because you had developed a relationship with her, it was hard for you to tell her that you didn''t like her ideas. You are a nice person and I understand the problem, because it would have been extremely hard for me to tell the artist that I did not like her work. So you were in a bind where you couldn''t get exactly what you wanted, yet settling for her vision would not make you happy. I, for one, believe she took waaaaaaaay too long on this. You were nice and patient, and I feel these are very positive character traits. I hurt for you over some of the comments made on this thread. I would SO rather have a loving and kind personality, even when it works to your disadvantage in this instance.

I, too, have been anxiously awaiting your ring, because I know you have waited a very long time to have one! You found a very special stone, and it deserves a setting that you will love. You had a clear idea of what you wanted...you were not indecisive. I had to set mine in something plain because I simply did not know what I wanted for a "forever" setting. People got irritated with me because I was slow to choose a stone and then a setting. But I''d much rather take my time and get what I want rather than settle, and I know MrsSalvo is the same way. I hope you are getting someone who respects your vision and is willing to make it for you!

Please know that there are people here who care about you and who will be here to genuinely celebrate when you get the ring.

Here is a BIG hug for you, {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sara}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
35.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hoping this all gets resolved in the near future.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I totally regret not chiming in to speak on your behalf during the duration of this thread.
38.gif
You have been more than patient with the setting of your gorgeous stone - far more patient than I would have ever been- and were unjustly maligned by certain PS''ers IMHO.

I''ve missed your posts and hope you''ll feel welcome coming back to say whatever is on your mind. I''m in your corner, girl.....for however long it takes
36.gif

I understand after reading all the posts why you needed a hiatus, but I thought PS was a discussion forum, open to helpful suggestions, and to read some of the posts, they''re far from that unfortunately.
20.gif

As I said earlier, I''ve missed you and I too am sending BIG HUGS your way.
35.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I miss you too Cehra!!!!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 3:05:00 PM
Author: luckystar112
9.gif

ditto for me too. hoping everything is resolved, your ring is now done and will soon be on your finger
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 6:30:31 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 8/15/2007 3:05:00 PM

Author: luckystar112

9.gif

ditto for me too. hoping everything is resolved, your ring is now done and will soon be on your finger
1.gif

Thritto- can''t wait to see your ring and read your chatter once again!

Hope everything is well!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/2/2007 11:57:54 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I wanted to share the process from day one, but it was requested of me to keep it off the boards, so by discussing it here I feel hugely disloyal and awful about that.... but on the other hand I am a consumer, this is a consumer forum, and I have reached a point where I would like the opinions of others in this.
Cehrabehra,

I truly think it is unfair of anyone to request from you to keep this "issue" of yours off this board!!! And please dont feel disloyal posting!!!

I have not noticed you being unfair to anyone before, and I dont think you have this type of agenda.

If you feel necessary to get any advice in regards to this issue..., feel free to ask!

I hope you get your dream-ring done the way you wish with no further delays.

After the energy you have spent educating others..., you should be proud of yourself!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results