shape
carat
color
clarity

cutting losses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 4:21:52 PM
Author: mercoledi

Date: 8/3/2007 2:41:58 PM
Author: aljdewey
Sara.....after reading all of this thread, here''s what I have to contribute:

4) I disagree with any suggestion that you should have kept this off the forum. You aren''t slandering and you aren''t criticizing. You''re asking for outside perspective about whether you should move on given your feelings right now.

Just to clarify since Cehra''s either not around or not playing just now, I think Ocean asked Cehra to keep the specifics of the ring off of the forum. I took this to mean the design aspects. I can see why a designer wouldn''t want a client going to a third party and saying ''my designer did this, but I think it should look like this...''. At the time there were a lot of people contributing to the design a few pieces and Irina was still with us making photoshop wonders. I think that Ocean wanted the design itself to only come from herself and Cehra, and to not have Cehra comming in with images/ideas from the boards. I understand that preference and respect it. What artist wants to be evaluated/undermined by literally hundreds of opinionated strangers?

All that having been said, I have to agree that Cehra, you have enough of an idea of what you want that you really need more of an artisan than an artist. If I''m wrong and Ocean has contributed significantly to your design, then I vote for FINALIZING the design and letting her make it and put her name on it. If it''s basically still the idea you walked in with, then perhaps moving over to Quest would be appropriate. I hope you can wade through this thread and come to a conclusion that satisfies you.
36.gif

And produces a pretty ring. Cuz we all wanna see. Maybe this has all been delayed to torture the rest of us?
27.gif

Good luck Cehra! Make it a happy experience for yourself!
Wow, so many posts!! I do appreciate everyone thinking of me and wishing me well, it means a lot to me. My internet connection has been down this am but of course as soon as I could I logged on!! LOL I knew I''d left a mess.... boy howdy!!

You are correct above when you said she wanted to keep the design process between the two of us so as not to have too many cooks spoiling the broth... she wanted me to have what *I* wanted. And I appreciate that. Before I posted this thread I spent some time listening to someone go on and on about how awful this situation was and it threw me in a panic. I''ll refrain from going into detail because it just adds way too much drama and I think most of us aren''t interested in that.

And while torturing all of you guys *might* be a benefit
27.gif
, it certainly wasn''t the goal LOL Yes, this needs to be a happy experience and ultimately it is. Hey - look on the bright side... I''ve had remarkably few tantrums for the time frame ;-) And in the end I get my ring, my stone. Thank you FG for posting that... one of my fav pics ever :)

As of this moment everything is good. Everything is at peace. Everything is in balance.

There were so many other things I wanted to say - I started writing out responses to most of the posts but I think it just confuses the issue even more. So I''ll just say thank you to EVERYONE for contributing their piece in trying to help me. I do appreciate them all, thank you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 5:51:21 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

As of this moment everything is good. Everything is at peace. Everything is in balance.
Does this also mean you are getting a ring in 10 days? Or that you just feel great about things *at this moment*...

''Cause it''s sounds like you''ve resumed your mystical "journey" again.
20.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So have you decided on a course of action?

ETA: LOL TG we were posting at the same time.
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 5:59:58 PM
Author: FireGoddess

5.gif
It''s a sign. You must give me your earrings.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:03:35 PM
Author: TravelingGal

5.gif
LOL! What? What? I can''t hear you. *runs like hell*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 5:59:04 PM

Date: 8/3/2007 5:51:21 PM

Does this also mean you are getting a ring in 10 days? Or that you just feel great about things *at this moment*...

''Cause it''s sounds like you''ve resumed your mystical ''journey'' again.
20.gif
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/

I saw beans lotsa beans lotsa beans lotsa beans!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:07:09 PM

5.gif
There is no point in trying to hide from a pregnant woman. We have heightened sense of smell. I''ll sniiff you out from the rock you''re hiding under and take them rocks from yer ears!

OK, how about a trade? I can get some custom ones made for you. I know a great artist/designer..............
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:11:56 PM

Date: 8/3/2007 6:07:09 PM

5.gif
There is no point in trying to hide from a pregnant woman. We have heightened sense of smell. I''ll sniiff you out from the rock you''re hiding under and take them rocks from yer ears!

OK, how about a trade? I can get some custom ones made for you. I know a great artist/designer..............
11.gif
Don''t forget, my patience is virtual. I can''t wait that long.
9.gif
The only journey I''m willing to take is the journey pendant. A big one with lotsa diamonds in it.
3.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:20:39 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 8/3/2007 6:10:32 PM

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/

I saw beans lotsa beans lotsa beans lotsa beans!
argh! Ban beans!!!! storm hate beans!!!!

seriously whats up?
My guess is she doesn''t want to spill the beans.

Which leads me to believe Ocean is finishing the ring.

Which leads me to believe this was yet ANOTHER drama in this saga.

I''d LOVE to be wrong. (It''s been known to happen with alarming frequency these days.)
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:25:58 PM

Seriously? I want to thank you for having my back :)

As for what's up.... in a few weeks a ring will be on my finger!
A ha!

38.gif

ETA (Delete above shaky head if a few weeks means *THREE* specifically.
9.gif
)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, if after all this you didn''t give us some clue as to what was going on now except for beans lots of beans lots of beans I would seriously clock you and boycott your picture thread when it finally showed up!
17.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:31:45 PM
Cehra, if after all this you didn''t give us some clue as to what was going on now except for beans lots of beans lots of beans I would seriously clock you and boycott your picture thread when it finally showed up!
17.gif
Me too. It was very difficult to wave a heavy pitchfork for the duration of this thread.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:27:48 PM

As for what''s up.... in a few weeks a ring will be on my finger!
A ha!

38.gif

9.gif
)
TG I genuinely am not a drama lover LOL Doesn''t mean I don''t succumb on occasion but I try to get it out and over asap LOL

So what, *two* and *four* are bad bad bad? LOL ;-)

Once the ring is done it has to go to the appraiser and then to my husband and I don''t know how long he''ll hold it for. So gotta factor that in LOL And at this point just to torture me he could hold on to it. Or he could do like Eddie did in "till death" and just throw the bag at me LOL

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:33:42 PM

A ha!

38.gif

9.gif
)
TG I genuinely am not a drama lover LOL Doesn''t mean I don''t succumb on occasion but I try to get it out and over asap LOL

Once the ring is done it has to go to the appraiser and then to my husband and I don''t know how long he''ll hold it for. So gotta factor that in LOL And at this point just to torture me he could hold on to it. Or he could do like Eddie did in ''till death'' and just throw the bag at me LOL
Cehra, perhaps I am not speeking Engrish cleary enuff...

Who. Is. Doing. Your. Ring?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:31:45 PM
17.gif
oh you might clock me but I doubt you could not take even a peek LOL

I haven''t been specific because I feel like giving an answer without explanation isn''t fair and I think giving a whole bunch of explanation just complicates things... hmmm.... well the ring is being cast on monday. Is that enough? Besides the beans I mean?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:33:42 PM

A ha!

38.gif

9.gif
)

Once the ring is done it has to go to the appraiser and then to my husband and I don''t know how long he''ll hold it for. So gotta factor that in LOL And at this point just to torture me he could hold on to it. Or he could do like Eddie did in ''till death'' and just throw the bag at me LOL

I''m not amused. Not that it''s any of my business, but I''m beginning to feel my chain being yanked.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take it to mean Ocean is still doing your ring. Honestly, to me it doesn''t matter one way or another what the reasoning or explanation is, I just want to know what you''ve decided since it seems you''re feeling much happier about it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:37:00 PM
Author: lumpkin

I''m not amused. Not that it''s any of my business, but I''m beginning to feel my chain being yanked.

By whom? By me? That is not my intention at all, Lumpkin. I come here for support, not to create tourmoil for anyone else. I just know you can''t be serious with this comment... I just know you know I do not post to amuse myself with the discomfort of others.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:39:43 PM

Date: 8/3/2007 6:37:00 PM

By whom? By me? That is not my intention at all, Lumpkin. I come here for support, not to create tourmoil for anyone else. I just know you can''t be serious with this comment... I just know you know I do not post to amuse myself with the discomfort of others.

I have no idea why I care. It is NOT my business what you do with your diamond and who sets it or how long it takes. I just find this whole thing tedius and the hem hawing, see sawing is getting to me. After it''s done now your husband has the option of holding on to it? It just seems like a big game and I don''t find it amusing. It''s NONE of my business, and I should not be annoyed. But I am. I''m stepping away from this until I see pictures.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to take a board break. I need to do this. I spend too much time here and want to enjoy the rest of the summer with my kids and friends. And before you roll your eyes and accuse me of being overdramatic, read on :)

It hasn''t been easy to have this go on so long, but it IS what I signed up for. I have come here all along for support and encouragement and yes, even clarity - but it is NOT nor has it ever been a joy of mine to make anyone else feel upset or badly of me or anyone else, Wink and Ocean especially. I know sometimes threads get away from us and things can be difficult to understand without all of the facts and it is just so hard to get all of the six months worth of facts out here, especially when some are private.

All of this has built up for me too much a few times and I know you all are looking out for me, maybe even thinking I''m a fool at this point - but all will be clear in a very short time. I hate to come across as whiney and annoying, so as an act of good faith, I will back off and give you guys all some extra breathing room where I''m concerned because in just a few very short weeks I''ll be back attempting to break mara''s record
9.gif
. I have no hard feelings, only warm fuzzies... but I do need this for myself... this is not a foot stomping hair flipping tantrum... it is a big old warm hug to myself
4.gif
Thanks for looking out for me you guys...
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:47:53 PM

I have no idea why I care. It is NOT my business what you do with your diamond and who sets it or how long it takes. I just find this whole thing tedius and the hem hawing, see sawing is getting to me. After it''s done now your husband has the option of holding on to it? It just seems like a big game and I don''t find it amusing. It''s NONE of my business, and I should not be annoyed. But I am. I''m stepping away from this until I see pictures.
I''m going to respond to this since I didn''t read it before I posted the last, but this is my last post on the matter.

1. I don''t know why you care either. Maybe you like me? Maybe you just want your curiosity satisfied.

2. I admit I find it a little hurtful that you care more about the end result (ie pictures) than you do about what I''m going through - even if you do think it is all self-inflicted. There is NO game here other than the one you''re playing with yourself.

3. This ring is a gift from my husband. I wasn''t proposed to with a ring and he plans to "do it right" with me this time. You can go back to my first posts over a year ago and see that this has *ALWAYS* been the plan. But you''re right... you shouldn''t be annoyed because this really isn''t about YOU.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Exactly right, Sara. That''s why I''m annoyed with myself as well.

The only reason I care about the end result is because it seems to me there needs to be one. As someone, a friend on the board, who has been waiting with you I feel strung along. Which is stupid because, well because it is. It''s not my ring. So you''re right and clearly I need to invest my interest in something more productive.

I do hope you enjoy your time with your kids. Summer''s nearly over and soon school will begin and they''ll be off at school. I don''t mean to leave off with an angry end to this, and my exasperation is certainly not relevant at all, which is why I feel so stupid about feeling this way.
38.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good LORD Cehra.

First of all, I hope you DO take a board break. You need one. You''ve also said you were going to take a break before, but kept on posting. Not that it matters anyway, but we''ve heard it before.

And regarding this:

Date: 8/3/2007 6:58:06 PM

I''m going to respond to this since I didn''t read it before I posted the last, but this is my last post on the matter.

1. I don''t know why you care either. Maybe you like me? Maybe you just want your curiosity satisfied.

2. I admit I find it a little hurtful that you care more about the end result (ie pictures) than you do about what I''m going through - even if you do think it is all self-inflicted. There is NO game here other than the one you''re playing with yourself.

3. This ring is a gift from my husband. I wasn''t proposed to with a ring and he plans to ''do it right'' with me this time. You can go back to my first posts over a year ago and see that this has *ALWAYS* been the plan. But you''re right... you shouldn''t be annoyed because this really isn''t about YOU.
I really think you come here seeking some sort of attention. All these threads hemming and hawing about your ring. April Fools threads saying you got the ring and making people "look." And finally the above statement that you are "hurt" that some of us want to see the ring DONE and that we don''t care enough about your whole process, journey, mystical feelings into outer space, whatever....

There are some who are way more compassionate than I am. Correction, lots more. But it seems like you''ve worn quite a few of us thin. And you don''t even understand why people would feel that way. You want people to like you way too darn much. You''ve got issues that extend way beyond this ring.

I would use Deco''s very insightful plea to "GET REAL" but I don''t think you are capable of seeing it any other way than what you want. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I personally think your last post to lumpkin was ridiculous. If you go back and read some of your OWN posts, you''d see why some us of think the way we do.

ETA, Lumpkin, I think you are much more gracious than I am. I guess Cehra must think that none of our exasperations are relevant...it only matters what *she* feels.
20.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And one last thing...if there was "no game" here, you really just should have come onto the thread at the end and said, "I have decided I will stick with Ocean. I don''t want to go into all the reasons now, but I appreciate your support" instead of all kinds of "cliffhanger" comments. I don''t think it''s that hard.

If you come here asking for support and OPINIONS, then isn''t it normal to assume those opinions count, even though you decide you don''t agree?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Wow.

I think those of you with ruffled feathers need to take a mini-break from this thread before you say something you regret about someone you genuinely like.
40.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can definitely see how something like a bunch more teasing comments about 'well wait and see' would not sit well with people who have been fairly invested this whole time (however why i don't know?!)...and given freely of their time and advice to someone seeking it.

TG you and I definitely share a brain sometimes. Can I live vicariously through your pregnancy as well so I don't have to lose my girlish figure?
41.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 7:30:55 PM
Author: luckystar112
Wow.

I think those of you with ruffled feathers need to take a mini-break from this thread before you say something you regret about someone you genuinely like.
40.gif
Honey, you assume that I actually LIKE anyone.
9.gif

Mara, of course you can dear! You''ve worked hard to look fab, so I''ll be the fatty boombah enough for the both of us!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cehra, everything you have said and done has brought you to exactly where you are today. Are you the only person who does not recognize this? It is not devine intervention or anything of the like that might suggest fate, but your own behavior that has brought you to a crossroads "about your ring" and "your place" on an open forum.

On a regular basis, your threads/presence here have commanded the upmost drama--speaking in a language that is not only enagmatic but often cryptic. Despite your best intentions, the threads about your stone/ring tend to create black stormy clouds; and yet, you are confused when your PS companions complain about the rain. As an aside, it would not be the first time you feel it necessary to take cover when the weather does not suit you.

You often talk about your husband and family--so it is my fervent hope that this ring is not your life''s work. Finish this project--really that is ALL it is--and enjoy your family and the rest of your summer.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results