shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy -- you check "daily"? I check hourly, at a minimum.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1409866658|3744982 said:
Cmd: Maybe the schedule is new stuff weekly n returns whenever they happen? Anyway I will probably still check it out daily.

Haha glad I'm not the only obsessive site stalker here. Got a preview of one of the items cos I was asking about customizing something - based on that I think we are gonna be in so much trouble the rest of the month. Hopefully they also adjust their harvest strand offerings at a lower price point so that it's more attractive and then you and Kay can get some.

I've been checking several times an hour (I am doing paperwork at my computer, so every time I take a break I take a peek).

I don't think I will be buying any more though...I just took a look at my CC statement with all my recent purchases on it. I have to say I had a VERY good time during the Tahitian sale! I have absolutely no remorse, but it was a reminder of the fact that I am going to have to pay it off before I will be free to buy more. I might have to cheer from the sidelines for the rest of this one! (of course, these may be famous last words as my willpower seems to be weak...).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1409867220|3744991 said:
There are a lot of large rounds in those harvest strands and rounds are expensive.

Yup and I totally understand that those rounds would push up the pricing. But surely if the market prefers the harvest strands at a lower price point and are happy to have baroques instead of rounds, then it makes sense to adjust some of the unlisted strands (replace rounds with baroques) to move the inventory? The beauty of this sale stretching over the entire month is that PP has time to adjust their offerings if they want to.

bsomlo said:
icy -- you check "daily"? I check hourly, at a minimum.

Ok, I admit I check at every feed. Which is pretty much round the clock at a few hourly intervals with a 2.5 month old. :lol:
I do have that pesky time diff to deal with else it will be more often...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409868000|3745000 said:
I've been checking several times an hour (I am doing paperwork at my computer, so every time I take a break I take a peek).

I don't think I will be buying any more though...I just took a look at my CC statement with all my recent purchases on it. I have to say I had a VERY good time during the Tahitian sale! I have absolutely no remorse, but it was a reminder of the fact that I am going to have to pay it off before I will be free to buy more. I might have to cheer from the sidelines for the rest of this one! (of course, these may be famous last words as my willpower seems to be weak...).

Hmm... I did have a good start with this sale (which is only fair since I was late for the Tahitians one right? Lol), and I'm guessing more if I'm lucky. As for cc bills and DH (who doesn't know yet!), I'll just attribute this spree to months of being deprived. The danger is that there is a jewelry show in Oct and I know that the distributor carries pearls from Andy Muller. Two of my fav strands ever are from Andy Muller so it's more danger ahead. :errrr:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
And........ she's back!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I don't think that PP will be adjusting the Harvest strands to make them less expensive, unfortunately. Jeremy emailed me yesterday and mentioned that most of the strands that PP made for the Connoisseur sale were sold pre-sale and there were only a handful left for the sale. He said that he expects the strands that are left to sell quite quickly after the sale is announced by email.

I think that if anyone is after a strand that only uses baroques, it would probably be better to ask PP to make a strand up (rather than waiting for additional strands to be added to the sale).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade: I am so jealous about your access to the Andy Mueller strands! They don't come here I'm afraid (or maybe I'm lucky!).

That's too bad about the harvest strands. But good for me I think as I have overspent already.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl said:
I don't think that PP will be adjusting the Harvest strands to make them less expensive, unfortunately. Jeremy emailed me yesterday and mentioned that most of the strands that PP made for the Connoisseur sale were sold pre-sale and there were only a handful left for the sale. He said that he expects the strands that are left to sell quite quickly after the sale is announced by email.

I think that if anyone is after a strand that only uses baroques, it would probably be better to ask PP to make a strand up (rather than waiting for additional strands to be added to the sale).

Ah. Thanks for the heads up.
Which makes me anticipate the rest of the sale more actually... What other goodies do they have? :D

cmd2014|1409874469|3745063 said:
Icy Jade: I am so jealous about your access to the Andy Mueller strands! They don't come here I'm afraid (or maybe I'm lucky!).

That's too bad about the harvest strands. But good for me I think as I have overspent already.

Well, I'm so glad I had the chance to see their pearls in person (and got my color graduated strand). They have a way of arranging their pearls (a certain subtle pearl style/signature?) that I really like.

Hey on the flip side, a ruckus is almost undoable for me, not to mention going to the PP vault.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
katbran|1409801593|3744469 said:
Well Gosh Darn it...I was in Sydney for the Jewellery Fair and completely missed this sale lol

You guys really cleaned up ! Such gorgeous loose pearls !! :love: I don't think I have a favourite ... they are all gorgeous ! Fabulous colours...can't wait to see what becomes of all those beauties!

Well done you lucky ducks !! :appl:

Katbran!! I went as well! I can't believe i missed you!!

:wall: :wall: :wall:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - You and I have the same schedule - houirly at least! lol

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
I'm in the UK and because of recommendations here on PS have purchased from PP before, (amazing SS earrings)it's worth it despite shipping costs and having to pay 20% duty. I regularly read all your posts and love love love your enthusiasm and knowledge for pearls. None of my friends have any interest in jewellery whatsoever - that's tough-, so you guys are my (not) guilty pleasure. Thanks!!

Next month is our Pearl wedding anniversary (we always said we would go to the south Pacific to celebrate) but because we moved house recently both the holiday and pearl pots are all dried up. But it would be a sad old world if you couldn't have a pearl or two to celebrate 30 years of happy marriage would it not? We gave ourselves a strict budget and rather than hubbie surprising me with something, this time I said I would hunt my own gift (think he was rather relieved). I decided I wanted a single pearl pendant, one with some character that I will put on a long chain and can layer with other necklaces.
I broke my own rule as I never do private stuff at work, but knowing we are 8 hours ahead of LA and would not be home in time I just had to peek at the PP site, then seeing this little beauty,( and knowing you ladies are super quick off the mark), I plunged right in and bought the 15mm encircled SS pendant. I has already been shipped. Yeah!
Despite reading how to, and trying to, get a photo downloaded have failed but will post when I receive it in a couple of weeks.
One day my wish is to visit PP in person, (with enough budget to do a trip justice) those webcasts with 4Ranchgirl are just great, although seeing you all at the recent Rukkus has made my wish list rather too long.

-have been looking at your purchases of loose Tahitians, fabulous ideas out there for them, cant wait to see the results.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy -- what a terrific story! Please learn how to take and post neck shots while your pendant in enroute. I want to see lots of shots of your pearl signifying 30 years of happy togetherness!

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
yes DMZ that's it - thanks v much, I tried for ages, honest!
and bsmolo , I will put in some practice. There's a whole lot of land/ocean/sky that pearlie has to cover to get to me-I just hope hubbie does not suggest waiting 'til the big day to wear it - will need to check it has arrived in one piece though wont I - just need to get a longer chain organised now and wait patiently.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is so that we don't have to click the link:

Congratulations! It is stunning!!! I have to admit that I oogled it and drooled over it too. So glad that it is going to you for such a beautiful occasion! I'm at 14 years with my DH today. Hard to believe where the time goes!

4247_1_.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy,

That is a gorgeous pendant to celebrate your pearl anniversary. I would have snatched that one up too -- I hope PP will keep adding more large Encircled Collection pendants.

For a chain, I would go with something like the PP Luna chain, which is 3 mm wide. With a 15mm pearl, a super fine chain can look too dinky. The nice thing about the open link design of the Luna is that you can buy the chain in the longest length you would want to wear the pendant (whether that is 20", 24", 36", etc.) and then you can attach the clasp to any of the links to make the chain any shorter length you desire, depending on the neckline of your outfit.

Code:
http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3823-textured-luna-cable-chain.aspx

Congratulations on 30 years of marriage! :clap: :dance:

pp_15mm_encircled_wss.jpg

pp_luna_chain_3mm.jpg

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
aww thanks for your lovely wishes - I am not sure where the years went but they have been kind to us.
I did think of the Luna chain, but typical me I just thought 'deal with that later'.......I do that all the time with clothes, buy one thing ignoring the coordinating items in the shop then regret it later when I have nothing to go with what I purchased.

Having the flexibility of length is good, will probably try and find a loopey silver chain to keep the costs low for now. Am hoping I can use a t-bar finding I have to link it onto a great silver necklace that lurks in a drawer.
Admire you all for your creativity-it's catching!

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
Happy Anniversary cmd2014 hope you are having a very special day

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Gemzy: Congrats and welcome to PS! That is a lovely pendant!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409930773|3745412 said:
Congratulations! It is stunning!!! I have to admit that I oogled it and drooled over it too. So glad that it is going to you for such a beautiful occasion! I'm at 14 years with my DH today. Hard to believe where the time goes!

Congrats on 14 years, CMD! :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1409939114|3745511 said:
cmd2014|1409930773|3745412 said:

Congrats on 14 years, CMD! :appl:

Thank you! I picked a good one (as he is clearly super tolerant of my obsessions).

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Anniversary's ladies. Welcome to the forum also.

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
There seems to be a few new things up.
Devastated that I missed the two fireball and metallic freshie pendants :wall:

The other new things there (mainly carved Tahitians) are pretty, but not my style.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone nabbed a stunning loose Tahitian (can I just say, shoot! The one time I'm not able to check regularly is the time they put more stuff up!). Hopefully it's someone here so we can all see it set!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409957809|3745686 said:
Someone nabbed a stunning loose Tahitian (can I just say, shoot! The one time I'm not able to check regularly is the time they put more stuff up!). Hopefully it's someone here so we can all see it set!

The shape and color of that one was beautiful.

I keep hoping for special loose Tahitians that are 13 mm or larger. :naughty:

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
Do you mean the 9.6 mm pearl? i had my eyes on it =(
It got away as i was chatting with a rep to figure out the best setting.
Oh well. I'm looking forward to the weekend so i can stalk the sale page. It will be my first pearl purchase ever, *fingers crossed *

If someone from here bought it please, do post pictures so we can enjoy =)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pencilcase, welcome! Do tell us how you came up with that name.

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
thank you bsomlo!

I wish i had a witty reply, but it's really nothing special. Pencil cases/ pouches were some of the first things I was able to make with mom's sewing machine =)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Aaaw, that is a sentimental and sweet reason. Better than witty!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG ! MISS KITTY !!You were there !!!???!!! I almost posted to see if anyone was going.....

I saw Nerida at her stand Pearl Perfection and the people from Liberty Pearls who are from Adelaide .. but no one else that I know. Darn ! Next show I'll remember to post and see who is going ... mmmm.. I can taste the champagne now :)

And Gemzy - since you are in the UK you should always check Wendy's site , Pearlescence , then you get it faster and no duty..easy on any returns as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results