shape
carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- Hi! (I'm waving to you.) Yes, great minds think alike. Smile.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1410229623|3747455 said:
cmd -- if they're too heavy, they're too heavy. But just for future reference, the ear wires are very easily bendable. I usually bend mine to close them up, to make the "U" on shepherd's hooks narrower.

You know, I can totally see it in the picture. I will try adjusting them and see if it makes a difference. It might help them feel more balanced too. (It was that right one which was pulling like crazy). I'll try wearing them tomorrow (and bring the box just in case).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly girl: I think I am probably a beauty wimp. I am really sensitive to heavy earrings (and heavy purses, necklaces, or even coats, which is a challenge given how cold it gets here). I also struggle to cope with high heels (they just hurt my feet...I admire women who wear them like they are nothing), and my skin goes bright scary red every time I get my eyebrows done. I don't dare get anything else done! :shock: :lol:

It's probably why I tend to live in light gold hoops and smaller studs.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Here are a few pics of the ombre earrings. The pearls are pretty. I'm sad about the leverback part.

Earring%203.jpg
Earring%202.jpg
Earring%201.jpg
Earring%204.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Makeable: Those earrings are so pretty! What a pity they are too heavy for you.

Cmd: Thanks for sharing pics of your new pearls. I think the earrings are really pretty. The ladies have mentioned that lobe wonder works wonderfully - maybe you can try those stickers? Re: your loose pendant, it does look really pretty but yes rather on the small side. Now I'm considering to make a HHPmom style pendant for my loose pearls instead of a stacked pendant. That way even if the pearls are teeny tiny it'll still work hopefully. Still waiting to see if thecat will give up the circled pearl that I really like. :Up_to_something:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1410234280|3747519 said:
Makeable: Those earrings are so pretty! What a pity they are too heavy for you.

Cmd: Thanks for sharing pics of your new pearls. I think the earrings are really pretty. The ladies have mentioned that lobe wonder works wonderfully - maybe you can try those stickers? Re: your loose pendant, it does look really pretty but yes rather on the small side. Now I'm considering to make a HHPmom style pendant for my loose pearls instead of a stacked pendant. That way even if the pearls are teeny tiny it'll still work hopefully. Still waiting to see if thecat will give up the circled pearl that I really like. :Up_to_something:

I think the earrings are really pretty too...but even with adjusting them, after wearing them for another hour tonight I just really wanted them out of my ears. :(( Hopefully if I return them it might mean that someone who really wanted them gets a chance to have them. They are gorgeous...as always the pearls woke up after a while.

My little pendant just keeps getting brighter and more luminous. It's small, but mighty. Now if only my earrings were the size of my necklace, and my necklace was 13mm like my earrings. But I think smaller pearls often have better colour and luster.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cmd2014|1410230694|3747470 said:
Fly girl: I think I am probably a beauty wimp. I am really sensitive to heavy earrings (and heavy purses, necklaces, or even coats, which is a challenge given how cold it gets here). I also struggle to cope with high heels (they just hurt my feet...I admire women who wear them like they are nothing), and my skin goes bright scary red every time I get my eyebrows done. I don't dare get anything else done! :shock: :lol:

It's probably why I tend to live in light gold hoops and smaller studs.

I am very much like you. I rarely wear heels, my purse is tiny (bare necessities only), I don't wear a lot of makeup, etc. When I waxed my legs, my skin would react terribly, to the point where my husband told me to stop being an idiot and never wax again. But I love a heavier necklace or bracelet. It feels so luxurious to me.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1410238614|3747557 said:
My little pendant just keeps getting brighter and more luminous. It's small, but mighty. Now if only my earrings were the size of my necklace, and my necklace was 13mm like my earrings. But I think smaller pearls often have better colour and luster.

I like the sound of that. Hopefully my Russian doll is like that too. It's 9.3 by 16.1mm. Still trying to figure out how to set it. :doh:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
makeable & cmd2014 - I'm sorry your earrings are too heavy for you but just think how happy another pearl lover will be when they show up on the sale page!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1410229169|3747449 said:
dmz|1410228272|3747433 said:
cmd - it's very hard to measure accurately without callipers.

True...but I have accurate specs from my appraisal certificate for my existing pendant (it is just shy of 10mm) and it is visibly larger than my new one. It's what I judged my purchase on. I can ask to borrow DH's calipers when he gets home next week, but I'm not sure it's worth risking scratching my pearl (he's an engineer so his are not designed for delicate surfaces). It's ok, because in the end it was not very expensive, it's just surprising.
Please post a picture of both pearls side by side.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
makeable - ombre tincup or bracelet??they are beautiful pearls. The lever backs do look kind of chunky -use french hooks, shorten them and make a matching pendant with the ones you have taken off?

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
cmd2014 I think the pendant size is perfect on you, especially for everyday.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1410286520|3747816 said:
cmd2014|1410229169|3747449 said:
dmz|1410228272|3747433 said:
cmd - it's very hard to measure accurately without callipers.

True...but I have accurate specs from my appraisal certificate for my existing pendant (it is just shy of 10mm) and it is visibly larger than my new one. It's what I judged my purchase on. I can ask to borrow DH's calipers when he gets home next week, but I'm not sure it's worth risking scratching my pearl (he's an engineer so his are not designed for delicate surfaces). It's ok, because in the end it was not very expensive, it's just surprising.
Please post a picture of both pearls side by side.

You know...I just received an email from PP indicating that someone had informed them that I was unhappy with my pearl. This is unbelievably disturbing to me, as this forum is the only place that I have said anything about this. I also said that after looking at it for a bit I have grown to appreciate it, and in fact I'm wearing it today.

Whether this is because this forum is monitored by PP, or whether this is because someone has spoken on my behalf to PP without talking to me about it first, please know that if I want to bring something to the attention of PP, I will do it myself. It should also be up to me, and me alone, what I do or do not feel is enough of a concern to raise as a customer service issue.

Sadly, this is not the first time that it has occurred where something that I have posted here has come back to me in a conversation with someone from PP. It leaves me with a really bad feeling.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd2014, Surely you're not so naïve to think things written on public forums are not read by the various vendors who sell pearls to us. I personally have been reading this thread and was very surprised you would actually post the pearl was was a certain MM size without any proof to substantiate it, besmirching Pearl Paradise's reputation. Even trained professional's wouldn't be so bold. I would suggest next time get your husband's calipers and measure before posting online.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1410295275|3747944 said:
Cmd2014, Surely you're not so naïve to think things written on public forums are not read by the various vendors who sell pearls to us. I personally have been reading this thread and was very surprised you would actually post the pearl was was a certain MM size without any proof to substantiate it, besmirching Pearl Paradise's reputation. Even trained professional's wouldn't be so bold. I would suggest next time get your husband's calipers and measure before posting online.

Woah, nasty...

When I read Cmd's post, I get the impression that she is upset cos "someone had informed them that I was unhappy with my pearl". Y'know, like an informer in the midst. If that is why, I get what she says. It's one thing if PP monitors this forum but quite another to have someone filing in reports to PP.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade and CMD you must not be so immature to think that any online retailer we talk about on this forum does not monitor the posts here. They might not post here but they all read here. Believe me when I tell you this the posts on this forum are not private.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1410296272|3747959 said:
Icy Jade and CMD you must not be so immature to think that any online retailer we talk about on this forum does not monitor the posts here. They might not post here but they all read here. Believe me when I tell you this the posts on this forum are not private.

Ah, now you are accusing us of being immature.
Read my post again.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1410295275|3747944 said:

Wow. No dog in this fight, but this seems rather harsh, nacrelover. cmd2014 was comparing the new PP pearl to another pearl with a documented size, and stated as such - all her comments on this issue were clear that she was relying on her eye and on another pearl for which she had documented measurements - as consumers, certainly this is a type of proof we all can understand. Even caliper-measured dimensions may differ depending on skill and caliper tool.

Most significantly, this is a consumer-based forum, not a vendor appreciation society. PP is not a vendor beyond reproach - we all can easily find multiple threads where errors were made by PP - it is not beyond the realm of possibility that PP's measurement was off or that the website description contained a typo.

IMHO, PP's excellent reputation is resilient enough to withstand comments/doubts by a brand-new PS member about a single pearl's measurements.

I do agree that as a public forum, no one should be surprised if it is monitored by vendors. And, as can be seen in this Pearls forum as well as the Rocky Talky and Colored Stones forums, there are vendor-supporters who will report such threads/comments to the vendor(s) in question. If PP reached out as a result of this thread, however, why would they tell cmd2014 that someone reported it to them?

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Cmd, I completely understand why you would feel uncomfortable. I would be too. I do think that PP reads this forum - something Jeremy mentioned in one of his emails about my harvest strand suggested that they do. So I'd be inclined to think that it's that, rather than an informant.

I think that PP pride themselves on making sure their customers are happy and would think that they are reaching out to you to make sure you are happy too. It has unfortunately had the opposite effect but I don't think that I would read anything sinister into it.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Woah -- everyone, take a breath. (Or as my DH would say, "Simmer down!")

This is a place to share our love of pearls.

If someone complains, it is possible the vendor will read it. If someone complains, it is possible customers will mention it to the vendor.

This is a completely open and public forum.

Let's move on.

Let's go back to loving pearls, shall we? I'll go post what I'm wearing right now...

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't realize there was a second page to this thread...

Ladies...PLEASE READ THIS...before returning earrings that are too heavy...there is a wonderful product out there called Lobe Wonder. I wear them all the time and buy them on drugstore.com...they are little sticky tabs (made of clear plastic) you place behind your piercings to help support the weight of an earring in the hole. There are other similar brands as well, however, I find Lobe Wonder easiest to use.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I ended up returning my earrings. The finding is just too thick for my ear piercings and I didn't want to alter it because I would have had to omit the bezel set diamonds. Like pkinnew said another pearl lover will be happy to see them up for sale.

And I wouldn't mind if the vendor contacted me. It would show they were concerned and wanted to help. But I understand why it was thought of as intrusive. Perhaps it was the surprise of receiving an email from PP about a discussion here that was uncomfortable. Anyway I hope everyone's purchases work out and all are pleased.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
makeable -- sometimes the right choice is a return. I usually have a hard time coming to that decision (I feel kind of guilty) but I'm always relieved once it's done. The beautiful earrings will find the right home, I'm sure!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I received confirmation this morning that my Tahitian and onyx necklace will be finished this week and sent out very soon :) I managed to track down a photo from PP's blog.

onyx.png

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1410307329|3748085 said:
I received confirmation this morning that my Tahitian and onyx necklace will be finished this week and sent out very soon :) I managed to track down a photo from PP's blog.

That's gorgeous. I can't wait to see neck shots of yours. How long is it?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, Pearl_Girl -- your beautiful necklace is rich cousin to mine!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
It's 26 inches. I think the model is wearing it in some of the promo pics for the Connoisseur sale, I think it'll look nice over my high necked black work dresses.

bsomlo, here is the fancy photo of yours. I like that its knotted with black silk:

onyx_2.png

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mine should arrive tomorrow!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been around all day, and would like to move on, as I have no interest in engaging in an internet flame war. But before I do, I would like to say just a few things.

What I feel badly about is that I ended up having to have a very awkward conversation with someone who has been very kind to me and about whom I think very highly, and who ended up being made to feel bad about service that they had provided to me....all over something that I had decided was not enough of an issue to bring to their attention. It makes me sad that this was made to be an issue either by means of a behind the scenes email to PP, or because posts are monitored by vendors on this forum. I have had nothing but exceptional customer service by all members of the PP team, and I have no doubt that, if I believed in the end that this was a customer service issue that I wanted to raise with them, it would have been exceptionally handled and I would have been happy in the end.

I actually quite like my necklace despite it being smaller than was expected. As I have repeatedly said, the pearl is of exceptional colour and luster, and the pendant is beautiful....it's just smaller than I expected. There is absolutely no need to become hostile and defensive about the company. Obviously I like them too. Have you seen how much I have bought from them?!? Clearly I am a fan! And just as obviously, I am aware of their customer service and know that in the end if I was unhappy, all I would have to do is call them and they would fix it.

As others have also pointed out, it is conceivably possible that an unintentional error was made in measuring the pearl, or a data entry error was made on the website, or any multitude of non-sinister reasons why something might not match up to how it was described. I do not believe that it is besmirching a company's reputation to speak your experience (because after all....sometimes the error is in the expectation of the customer and has nothing to do with the vendor, which gets rightly pointed out here). Isn't that what this forum is about? Sharing experiences about our purchases? Not EVERYTHING always goes perfectly according to plan, and forums such as these are generally places to give voice to both trials and tribulations.

And while I am not naive about posts likely being seen, I do think it is creepy, intrusive, and internet stalker-ish to either send a behind the scenes email advising the owner of PP about someone's post (which is what I think happened), or to monitor forums and take what is essentially an anonymous post unconnected to that person's personal contact information, link it up to the specific purchase, and then to someone's personal contact information, and then make contact with them about it. If that is instead what happened, I'm more than a little creeped out by that. It's a little too Big Brother for me.

So if someone did email PP, please know that the end result is that the lovely customer service person who helped me ended up feeling bad, I ended up feeling bad (and still do), and the whole thing is yucky.

As for me, I would like to apologize to everyone here for what were clearly some remarks that I made about my initial reactions that changed as time went on. I will be more careful to think before I speak in the future. That is probably a lesson in life to me.

And for the record, here is the picture of the two pearls. As you can see, there is an obvious size difference (no need for calipers)...but what you can also see is that despite the bigger pearl being purchased at a high end B & M store for $$$ (10x more than what I paid for my PP pearl to be exact), my PP pearl is clearly much more beautiful in terms of colour and luster, and in the end it's why I decided that it was a beautiful pendant (that everyone that I have had contact with today has noticed and commented on) and that I didn't care about the issue of size. I also think that PP offers tremendous value and quality for an amazing price. This was a $45 pearl people! I still am falling off my chair about that, and I am super excited to see what the future brings.

photo__2_30.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1410308925|3748100 said:
Mine should arrive tomorrow!!!

I can't wait to see it!

PearlGirl...I'm super excited to see yours too. You both nabbed fantastic finds!

And Pirard thanks for the tip on the earring stickers (I know that's not what they are called, but it's been a long day!). I'll have to look for them here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results