shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

liliangrae

Rough_Rock
Spess Garnet by Uli, Setting by Julia Kay Taylor. Sorry if the pics are huge.

spessarite.jpg
Pic by Uli

workinprogress_spessring_2.jpg
Ring in Progress
Pic by JKT

finished_spessring.jpg
Pic by JKT

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please tell us more, like the stone's ct weight, measurement and colour description, metal type of setting, design inspiration and process? Actually, a new thread would be better. It looks very pretty and doesn't deserve to be burried in here.

Marniedoll

Rough_Rock
Hello, this is my natural pale pink sapphire and diamond halo ring. The pink sapphire is 2.06ct and I bought it in Sri Lanka when I went over for my sister's wedding. I had it set in a rose gold basket with a pave diamond halo, and a white gold band with half pave down the sides. I wanted a low profile as this is a right hand ring I had made for my 35th birthday! The sapphire is a really pretty pale pink that looks almost lilac in some lights now it has been set.

_1142.jpg

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
very impressive and thanks for the close-up to allow me to look at the details. In painting we call that "smelling" a painting which I often do at galleries and museums :)

Are the halo stones diamonds or sapphires? They have a lovely blue glow which could be coming from the sapphire I guess.
Are you a professional jeweler? How/where did you learn how to do this?

maisy1410

Rough_Rock
I have been following this site closely over the last few weeks and have enjoyed admiring all of your beautiful pieces. I decided to buy myself a coloured stone ring and have changed my mind lots of times. Although in general, (here in the UK anyway) I have noticed emeralds don't seem quite so popular, I keep coming back to them. This is my first piece I have bought and something just small, hopefully in the future I will be able to invest in some more beautiful pieces.
The problem I'm having now is getting it resized. I bought it online and didn't want it sized initally incase I didn't like it. Now local jewellers are saying they won't do it because it is too risky with the emerald and the diamonds on the shoulder. So next plan is to send it back to the jeweller and hopefully they will sort it for me.

img_216.jpg

els1430

Rough_Rock
Love this! So pretty!

Vida_D

Rough_Rock
Marniedoll,
Your pink sapphire and diamond halo ring is lovely. Thank you for sharing! :D

Marniedoll

Rough_Rock
Vida_D, Thank you so much! ;))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cobalt bearing blue spinel from Tanzania in the 18K yellow gold Van Craeynest die struck design 484 as a RHR.

vc_pair_8_0.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink spinel cut into an asscher design by Jeff White, reset to be lower in the setting.

jw_spinel_2_0.jpg

jw_spinel_6_0.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unheated blue sapphire ring in antique platinum setting with 4 small single cut melees. Resized to fit for summer wear.

antique_blue_sapphire_0.jpg

antique_blue_sapphire_6.jpg

mowgli

Rough_Rock
Hi all - first post! Im posting my e-ring, its a 1.17 carat yellow cushion cut diamond ring set in a diamond halo - this is a pic from my registry pics.

Im interested in coloured diamonds!

picture_9.png

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wowgli, Nice ring! More pics! I love yellow diamonds. If I ever purchase a colored diamond it will be yellow.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, always nice to see photos of your collection. Which out of all your colored stone rings do you wear most often?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1353695791|3313419 said:
Chrono, always nice to see photos of your collection. Which out of all your colored stone rings do you wear most often?

Thanks. I haven't posted many pictures lately and with a few new pieces recently, it seemed like a good time to take better pictures. I had not worn anything lately due to my work travel schedule but with things settling down, I plan to rotate my pieces. If I need a pick me up, I tend to select bright colours like yellow and orange. If I'm feeling conservative, I stay with blue or green.

smithe293

Rough_Rock
Diamond rings are such a lovely gift. They touch the heart of your loved ones. Diamonds occur in gray, white, blue, yellow, orange, red, green, pink, purple, brown, and black, virtually in every color of the rainbow.

Naturally, most of us have to think of a budget, but it really does not matter when buying it for our loved ones. While checking the cost of solitaire rings, I came across many good sites, which have a great range of jewelry such as thediamond, diamondsare and many more.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I just had this Cancer ribbon custom made. I had this one made in amethyst for Pancreatic Cancer. I had one made with pink sapphires also for Breast Cancer. I can have more made if anyone is interested.

20121208_105616.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bob Kast pink tourmaline in Art Deco illusion setting.

ad_pink_tourm_0.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YUMMY!!!!

Lori

argentine415

Rough_Rock
That is some hot pink! Looks incredible!

lominoblue

Rough_Rock
Love the east-west orientation

LaurenLovesGems

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone! I am new to this whole gem thing, but I'm getting addicted fast! lol My boyfriend just got me the most beautiful ring for Christmas and I just had to share with everyone. This is what I know....

2.3 carat pink tourmaline
.3 carat total diamonds
14k white gold

Any advice on how to care for it/value/anything would be awesome! I apologize for the grainy photo! Thanks!

_2612.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Laurenlovesgems! :wavey:

What a stunning ring - your b/f has done good! Rather than calling that a pink tourmaline, I'd stick my neck out and say it's probably more of a Rubellite. Rubellite's tend to be a darker pink/red and are sumptious and rich looking. I adore them! Some change colour to a murky brown in incandescent lighting but the best don't. Your ring is gorgeous no matter what it is!

Tourmalines are not a highly durable stone (like diamonds or sapphires for example) so you do need to be careful with it. Please don't put it in an ultrasonic to clean it - just get a baby's toothbrush and use luke warm water and some soap to clean it, then rinse in luke warm water and pat dry with a lint free cloth.

Tourmalines (if worn frequently) can chip and abrade but of course that depends on how hard you are on your rings. So the best advice is if you're going to wear it everyday, please remove it to do the washing up, gardening, going to the gym, changing tyres on your car etc!

LaurenLovesGems

Rough_Rock
LD|1356567971|3340324 said:
Welcome Laurenlovesgems! :wavey:

What a stunning ring - your b/f has done good! Rather than calling that a pink tourmaline, I'd stick my neck out and say it's probably more of a Rubellite. Rubellite's tend to be a darker pink/red and are sumptious and rich looking. I adore them! Some change colour to a murky brown in incandescent lighting but the best don't. Your ring is gorgeous no matter what it is!

Tourmalines are not a highly durable stone (like diamonds or sapphires for example) so you do need to be careful with it. Please don't put it in an ultrasonic to clean it - just get a baby's toothbrush and use luke warm water and some soap to clean it, then rinse in luke warm water and pat dry with a lint free cloth.

Tourmalines (if worn frequently) can chip and abrade but of course that depends on how hard you are on your rings. So the best advice is if you're going to wear it everyday, please remove it to do the washing up, gardening, going to the gym, changing tyres on your car etc!

Hi, LD! Thank you so much! After doing some research, I was thinking its was a Rubellite also. It is VERY rich in color and can almost look red, but I have yet to see any hint of brown, so that makes me happy. Even in the dark, if it catches a tiny bit of light, you can see the vivid color. I am head over heels in love with it and it has sent me into an obsession. So much to learn! There are some small inclusions that you cannot see with the eye, but you can with a loupe. Generally, what price range would you expect to see a stone like this in? I have a feeling that we got a great deal on this...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Custom made 7.88ct oval blue zircon pendant

_2628.jpg

_2629.jpg

Naanu

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I have been lurking around the forum for a looong time and have enjoyed all of your beautiful pictures.

It's my time to contribute so this is my first post. Hope you like it!

We have a wonderfull master goldsmith here in our city (we live in Finland) who designs and handmakes custom jewellery in his own workshop. This ring is handmade by him.

Center stone is a pale pink 2.19ct morganite and total weight of diamonds are 0.28ct. Ring is mostly 14k white gold but part of the basket is 14k rose gold to enhance the subtle colour of the morganite.

I occasionally use this ring as an engagement ring, but I am being very careful with it due to the brittleness of morganite even though it is hard enough to withstand daily wear.

img_2126_m_s_ps.jpg

img_1902_m_s2_ps.jpg

img_1997_m_s3_ps.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results