shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

htabby

Rough_Rock
My 5.18 ct Emerald cut Yellow Sapphire & Diamond ring

Hello, everyone has such beautiful rings!!!! We got engaged last July and eloped this past December. I didn't get my ring until November so I thought I would post it now. I knew I wanted something a little different, with a bigger yellow center stone, emerald cut and a diamond halo. My birthstone is sapphire so we both thought a yellow sapphire would be perfect. I absolutely love the ring; however, what makes me happiest is that my husband loves it as much as I do!!!!!

The 5 row semi eternity diamond band was a ring my husband gave me two years ago when he wasn't quite ready to propose!!!!!

I hope you enjoy my pictures.

tpf ering 1.jpg

tpf ering 2.jpg

tpf ering 5.jpg

tpf ering 7.jpg

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
htabby, your ring is gorgeous!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so much gorgeous bling in this thread!! :appl: :cheeky: :love:

Sapphire and chrysoberyl ring with diamond bands I just got (the bands were a gift from DH).

2.4 carat sapphire and 1 carat side chrysoberyls each for 4.4 cttw, in 14K yellow gold with some side diamonds that you can't see in this photo.

TLsapphirechrysoringwithdiamondbands.jpg

TLsapphirechrysoringwithdiamondbands2.jpg

htabby

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!!!! I still can't believe its mine when I am wearing it!!!!

Wow, I'm not even a big yellow person, htabby, but that ring is out of this world, crazy gorgeous! :love: What is the weight on that baby? Enjoy it.

htabby

Rough_Rock
AutumnInNewEngland|1328908757|3123485 said:
Wow, I'm not even a big yellow person, htabby, but that ring is out of this world, crazy gorgeous! :love: What is the weight on that baby? Enjoy it.
Thank you so much! The center stone is 5.18 ct, the diamonds in the halo are 2 pointers and the diamonds on the band are 1.5 pointers. I don't have my papers with me but I believe the total carat weight for the entire ring was 5.69 cts. The 5 row semi eternity band is 2.1 cts. I am a huge yellow fan and was so pleased that we were able to put this together for my engagement ring. I still can't stop looking at it!!!!!

W.O.W. it's B.I.G.! :appl: I was expecting you to say maybe 3 ct. Just spectacular... I think I'm a yellow fan now! Congratulations my dear.

NicholasC

Rough_Rock
After months of lurking & learning, I set out to find the perfect center stone for what I had in mind, I constantly being disappointed with people promising to show gem quality alexandrite and delivering anything but. People would constantly try and pass p1-p2 60% color change off as gem quality or stones that were heavily windowed, made me almost lose faith in finding a high quality stone at a realistic price.

After 3 months of searching I ran into a wholesaler who had a very nice collection of eye clean to vs1 stones at realistic prices and ended up picking up a 1 ct eye clean Brazilian alexandrite. Headaches aside it was well worth the trouble.

After looking at settings I wasn't able to find anything that looked right and decided to have a custom setting made for the stone. I went the render/computer designed route and could not of been happier about the process. I chose the side diamonds for a 3 stone setting (GIA 4.25mm E IF) first and designed ring around them. After many hours ended up with (16) 2mm e-f diamonds down a euro shank band.

The ring came out better than expected, the only down side is that the ring is very difficult to photograph and the alexandrite is dust magnet or at least shows off dust quite well!
Most importantly is that my now fiance loves the ring and it is everything she had wanted.

The ring under incandescent/candle light, please excuse the lint!
IMG_0565-1-1.jpg

The ring under LED lighting, in pure daylight it looks more emerald green, with thick overcast/clouds filtering the sun it looks more blue like this.
IMG_0571_0.jpg

lastly a render to show how the ring looks from the side, not sure why the top half is dark in the render.
FinalDesign-2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh! nicholasC, that's gorgeous! Beautiful setting and love the colour change alex!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
htabby|1327459670|3111041 said:

Hello, everyone has such beautiful rings!!!! We got engaged last July and eloped this past December. I didn't get my ring until November so I thought I would post it now. I knew I wanted something a little different, with a bigger yellow center stone, emerald cut and a diamond halo. My birthstone is sapphire so we both thought a yellow sapphire would be perfect. I absolutely love the ring; however, what makes me happiest is that my husband loves it as much as I do!!!!!

The 5 row semi eternity diamond band was a ring my husband gave me two years ago when he wasn't quite ready to propose!!!!!

That is spectacular!! How did I miss this in January???? wow :love: :love: :love: Just beautiful on you!!! Love that you went with a birthstone, too. That's sweet! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
htabby said:

wow! This ring I amazing :)

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I finally get to contribute to this thread. I recently got engaged and my ring is a 2.53 carat cuprian tourmaline set in platinum with .85 carats pave diamonds. Don't worry, I'm not wearing it 24/7 and I am being extremely careful. :bigsmile: Some phone pics (sorry they are not the best quality and don't do the stone justice) ...

1328891915614.jpeg

IMG00444-20120208-1927.jpg

IMG00445-20120208-1928.jpg

the-fox

Rough_Rock
Trade
An exceptionally fascinating colour this cuprian tourmaline!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 2 carat diamond cut chrysoberyl I desperately want to set soon. There's a mint tourmaline peeking out of the corner. I like the sharpness of this photo, as well as how it displays the facet pattern. This stone literally explodes with light and it's very bright.

TLsparkleydiamondcutchrysoberyl.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally a clear photo of one of my favorite lilac spinels. It shifts to a more purple blue color in some lighting. It has some inclusions, but I love the color and sparkle. 1.5 carats.

TLlilacspinelcushion.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1331185930|3143742 said:
Finally a clear photo of one of my favorite lilac spinels. It shifts to a more purple blue color in some lighting. It has some inclusions, but I love the color and sparkle. 1.5 carats.

Oooooo that is LOVELY TL! I really like how the bubbles add an OEC flare to it, like a reflected culet. And the color, such a vivid pastel :o

Akenpayne

Rough_Rock
TL,
I was hoping that you could help identify these stones. I'm new to Gemstones and just recently bought a refractometer but it didn't come with any oil....so i will be waiting on that shipment for awhile. In my current collection I've run across four stones that have a kryptonic like shine or glow. After researching your posts it seems that you are somewhat of an expert in Paraiba. I don't know how to post photos but the photos that I do have do not bring of this gems natural color at all it is more of a Cyan or greenish blue color. They do have strands in the gems that look like small hairs of grey which I believe is the copper and all four have multiple inclusions or bubbles similar to what I have seen in these types of stones. I guess my question is do you believe this to be a Cuprian Tourmaline or Paraiba Tourmaline? Or Something else?

Please don't look at the pictures to much to make your decision the stones are relatively the same color of some of your older posts. The picture was taken with a phone no high quality picture.

Ok so posting a picture didnt work can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Kenny

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Davi!!

Akenpayne|1331233500|3144131 said:
TL,
I was hoping that you could help identify these stones. I'm new to Gemstones and just recently bought a refractometer but it didn't come with any oil....so i will be waiting on that shipment for awhile. In my current collection I've run across four stones that have a kryptonic like shine or glow. After researching your posts it seems that you are somewhat of an expert in Paraiba. I don't know how to post photos but the photos that I do have do not bring of this gems natural color at all it is more of a Cyan or greenish blue color. They do have strands in the gems that look like small hairs of grey which I believe is the copper and all four have multiple inclusions or bubbles similar to what I have seen in these types of stones. I guess my question is do you believe this to be a Cuprian Tourmaline or Paraiba Tourmaline? Or Something else?

Please don't look at the pictures to much to make your decision the stones are relatively the same color of some of your older posts. The picture was taken with a phone no high quality picture.

Ok so posting a picture didnt work can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny,
You may want to start a thread on this since this particular thread is just devoted to eye candy. I see no attached photo either.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost 3 carat pink spinel (with blue flashes) in double prongs in 18K two tone halo. It's tilted a bit so that explains why one side of the halo looks smaller than the other. I added double prongs after I almost lost the stone. :errrr: The crown is very high, so it can easily get lost.

TLspineldoubleprongs.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone. I love the multiple colors one sees in spinels.

anakreon

Rough_Rock
Re: Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy Costco info

This posting is in response to by LittleRock » 19 Jan 2007 10:52 on page 14 who indicated her
ring was from Cost (cough)co.... Unsure why my response posted here... but hey

Littlerock,

You cough, but seriously,

One of the three major networks conducted research on diamond solitaires.

Seeking price comparisons on the same size stone, (same karat weight at least) and the same class of color and clarity,
Sams was one of best valued sources for low cost stones with GIA certifications. Tiffany's was one of the more expensive
choices, of course.

So, if you're into the stone instead of the brand... shop sams.. (costco's leading competitor I guess)
But if you want lifetime cleaning, the tiffany stamp, and the ability to say "my ring is a tiffany..." well it is going to cost you...
no pun intended cost you = costco

okay 'nuff said

anakreon

Rough_Rock
This posting is in response to the Cuprian Tourmaline Engagement ring... not sure why this response floats someplace else...

To the owner of the Cuprian Tourmaline
goodness that is pretty...
absolutely beautiful

Do you know how lucky you are?

very nice.

Someone posted a thread somewhere about their Fiance being in Afghanistan or a friend there... and he/they could obtain gems. She asked what gemstone. I said seafoam green tourmaline... WOW this is beautiful.

Nicely worded too... Cuprian Tourmaline... I simply call them copper bearing...

The Afghan source though has that pretty color similar to "THE" other tourmaline... the paraiba.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
anakreon|1332145025|3151864 said:
This posting is in response to the Cuprian Tourmaline Engagement ring... not sure why this response floats someplace else...

To the owner of the Cuprian Tourmaline
goodness that is pretty...
absolutely beautiful

Do you know how lucky you are?

very nice.

Someone posted a thread somewhere about their Fiance being in Afghanistan or a friend there... and he/they could obtain gems. She asked what gemstone. I said seafoam green tourmaline... WOW this is beautiful.

Nicely worded too... Cuprian Tourmaline... I simply call them copper bearing...

The Afghan source though has that pretty color similar to "THE" other tourmaline... the paraiba.

Thank you! Yes, I am a very lucky girl. :bigsmile:

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Holy MOLY that is amazing!! Double pronging, good call. Can't imagine losing that beauty.
I want to try it on :D I think you have enough gorgeous bling to put on every finger and toe! love it!!

(In response to TLs pinky blue beauty) I'm rusty at the quote thingy. lol

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
My Grace - and boy do I love this thread! :)

8.jpg

All sides.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice, Freke! Good size stone.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
@Freke

Very pretty, love that lavenderish/soft pink color :lickout:

My 2.3ct KYANITE (Yes, the soft & underrated blue gem :bigsmile: ) this is my first gem purchase from ebay hehe. It may be brittle but who cares, I love it :love:

"Buy what pleases ur eyes." ;))

7.5mmKyanite.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes it's a beautiful color. I'm sure you'll be careful with it :) I saw an antique ring made with a kyanite stone on an antique jewelry web site. I posted a link here on PS. I'm going to find it for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results