carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blithsome,
Very pretty garnet. I like the apple green color, and I think I see some inclusions in there, but they kind of sparkle, neat!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THIS is my last gemstone purchase of 2009 - for real. Tanzanian pink spinel (not Mahenge, but a regular pink spinel). It has blue sparks, and the body color is pure pink. The color is kind of washed out in these photos, it's more pink in person. I was wearing an orange sweater taking these photos, so any orange in the shot is from my sweater. The upper left and bottom picture are outside in my car on a snowy cloudy dreary day. The inside photo was taken with a combination of outdoor light and halogens. 1.8 carats in a Portuguese oval. There is one small negative crystal inclusion, but you really can't notice it with the naked eye. The blue sparks in the stone are more apparent in the upper left hand photo, and there was no blue to be found anywhere in the sky or in my car (where I took the shot). Just lots of grey and the orange coming off my sweater. There is no silk or sleepy appearance at all, it's very crystal. The polish on this stone is awesome, and so is the cutting. No window.

TLpinkspinel3.JPG

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 9:55:32 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Blithsome,
Very pretty garnet. I like the apple green color, and I think I see some inclusions in there, but they kind of sparkle, neat!!
TL, thank u for your kind words. It''s a Green Zircon from Gem Line Inc / Litnon
5.gif
It''s got some inclusions & linear twinning similar to a Kyanite but yeah, it somehow made a nice effect to its brilliance.

Wow! Your "last" gem purchase of 2009 is so lovely. I like its cut and pink color; simply beautiful
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blithsome,
Oooops, I meant to say zircon, but it kind of reminds me of a medium light toned tsavorite. LOL!! Thanks again for the kind words on my new spinel.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet''s Andrew Sarosi Rubellite ring
kiz-asrubelite5.jpg

link

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasu''s alexandrite ring
alexgreen.jpg
alexred.jpg