shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

long overdue pictures of my lotus

Discussion in 'Colored Stones' started by kas baby, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

by kas baby » Oct 18, 2009
    First, I apologize for taking such a ridiculously long time to get pictures up. This project started in June as a birthday present from my fiance. I contacted Sally (Heart of Water Jewels,) then she and I worked through the kinks of exactly what it was I was looking for in this ring. She found a lovely and quirky star ruby that I just adore. It has some flaws but I love it. I went with Sally''s suggestion for yellow gold, and as for the N/S vs. E/W orientation, I told her to suprise me- whatever way would show off the gem best. I finally recieved the ring in September after missing it in the mail as I was moving. Luckily I had it sent to my mom''s house for this very reason, so she picked it up for me and babysat. Two weeks later, my FI came to visit and brought along with him my birthday present! I was soooooo excited to finally see it and be able to wear it.

I tried taking pictures so I could post right away- but, my camera hates me so no pictures were any good. As I was waiting to borrow a better camera, I was hit with a few very personal hurdles which also postponed my little photo shoot.

Well, now that I''ve finally found time to take pictures- I hope you enjoy the few good ones I was able to get out of about a hundred or so, lol

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/colored-stones/ruby-star-in-a-heart-of-water-lotus-t122502.html (thread from when the balance listing was posted)

(my pics to follow)

2. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

It came in a very nice box, this is the ringresting in the lid- I had a heck of a time trying to photograph the ring with my stupid camera, but this pose seemed to work, lol

KASrubystar1.JPG

3. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

there are going to be a lot of profile pics... [​IMG]

KASrubystar2.JPG

4. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

...borrowing my sapphire gem box, why? b/c my camera didn''t like taking pictures of the ring in its own box [​IMG]

KASrubystar3.JPG

5. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

with my mandala avatar [​IMG]

KASrubystar4.JPG

6. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

handshot...

on the wrong hand and wrong finger, lol. usually I wear it on my right hand. sometimes it fits on my ring finger, other times the middle- depends on the weather

KASrubystar5.JPG

7. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

showing its color really well (in the other ones my apartment lighting is really doing nothing for it [​IMG])

you can also see one leg from the star. It has really nice long legs i my opinion, and the star moves around quite nicely-- the spot lighting in some of my lecture halls is so much fun with this gem [​IMG]

KASrubystar6.JPG

8. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

one more handshot...

KASrubystar7.JPG

9. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

so there you have it!

Isn''t she a beauty? She has so much personality, if the star is hiding, the gem has this really great silky quality to it. When the star is out-- oh my goodness gracious! STUNNING! (if I do say so myself, lol) in the ''lecture hall spot lighting'' what is really fun, is that I''ll see more than one star [​IMG]
    It''s like a meteor shower at sunset...[​IMG]

10. dannyandterry
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dannyandterry » Oct 18, 2009
    it is stunning!!!! ooohhhh I love the color and the ring is just perfect for your gem[​IMG]

11. LamborghiniGirl
    Shiny_Rock
    Trade

by LamborghiniGirl » Oct 18, 2009
    Looks amazing! Is this is the original lotus setting or a modified one?

12. packrat
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by packrat » Oct 18, 2009
    It looks amazing! Well worth the wait Kas!

13. Linda W
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Linda W » Oct 18, 2009
    Kas, it is beautiful. I love the lotus setting.

14. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Oct 18, 2009
    Oh, finally. It''s great to be able to capture a strong leg of the star on camera.

15. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Oct 18, 2009
    Thats a great looking ring Kas. Personally I like going into Tiffany''s and checking my rings out.[​IMG] If I could carry that type of lighting with me everwhere it would be great!

-A

16. loriken214
    Ideal_Rock

by loriken214 » Oct 18, 2009
    What a beauty, Kas!!!! I was wondering what this pretty was going to look like IRL...I love it!!!![​IMG]

Lori

17. SB621
    Ideal_Rock

by SB621 » Oct 18, 2009
    oh that is very nice!!!!! I love your ruby! Happy belated birthday!

18. LtlFirecracker
    Ideal_Rock

by LtlFirecracker » Oct 18, 2009
    Glad to finally see real life pictures. The ruby is beautiful, love the color.

19. princessplease
    Ideal_Rock

20. oddoneout
    Ideal_Rock

by oddoneout » Oct 18, 2009
    Very pretty. After seeing all the lovely lotus rings I might have to get one for myself.

21. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank yous to:
    D&T (the ruby in the yellow gold is soooo rich. It''s amazing how it turned out- I barely noticed the wonky shape when I first looked at it!)
    LamborghiniGirl (the original is for round cabs, but they''re expanding to lots of different shapes now- all of them are very nice in my opinion)
    packrat (I''m certainly glad it was worth the wait, they did a great job on it)
    Linda W (the setting definitely captured me, it''s so graceful)
    Chrono (I know- finally![​IMG] lol. I was really pleased to capture even the one leg, the star just seems to dance around the stone, its a lot of fun chasing it in the light)
    Arcadian (The closest tiffany''s is a very long ways away... but worth the drive[​IMG])
    loriken214 (I''m glad it turned out so well, hopefully my pictures did it justice)
    sarahbear (thanks for the birthday wishes)
    ltlfirecracker (I know, I took forever to get them posted [​IMG])
    princessplease (I certainly think so [​IMG])
    and oddoneout (I would definitely suggest it as I''m thinking about getting another myself! lol)

22. MakingTheGrade
    Ideal_Rock

by MakingTheGrade » Oct 18, 2009
    Looks lovely!

Be careful, these lotus rings can be addictive [​IMG]

23. astphard
    Brilliant_Rock

by astphard » Oct 19, 2009
    Very pretty. Thanks for sharing!

24. Lovinggems
    Ideal_Rock

by Lovinggems » Oct 19, 2009
    Very nice ring, it's one of the most interesting lotus ring around.

25. icekid
    Ideal_Rock

by icekid » Oct 19, 2009
    I am still so enamored with that setting- it is so dainty and delicate. It looks great with your ruby.

And haha about lectures... I know about distracting pretties during lecture all too well [​IMG]

26. Stone Hunter
    Ideal_Rock

by Stone Hunter » Oct 19, 2009
    Congrats!!! That turned out very very very well. The stone looks lovely and of course the setting suits the stone very well.

Happy Belated Birthday and Enjoy it!!

27. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

by kas baby » Oct 19, 2009
    thanks again!

MTG: oh man, don''t I know it! I''m already making plans for the next one[​IMG]
    AustenNut: everyone always has such great pictures for me to drool over- I''m glad I was able to return the favor
    Lovinggems: aww, shucks! That''s very sweet of you to say- there are soooo many gorgeous lotus''
    icekid: lol, I was sad b/c I forgot to wear it to physics lecture today [​IMG]- at least I had my sapphire band to keep me company
    Stone Hunter: thank you for the birthday wishes! I too am still amazed at how well the setting hugs the stone

I''m glad you guys enjoyed the pictures [​IMG]

28. Kay
    Ideal_Rock

by Kay » Dec 15, 2009
    I''m late to this thread, but what a beautiful ring, Kas! That ruby star is just mesmerizing. Could you please post the measurements of the ruby and your ring size? I have my eye on a star, but am worried it might be too small.

29. kas baby
    Brilliant_Rock

by kas baby » Dec 15, 2009
    Hello Kay! stars are just gorgeous aren''t they? [​IMG]

the ruby measures 7.3 mm by 5.5 mm, weighs 1.58 carats, and is set E/W

the ring is a size 6.25, but my finger was feeling a bit ''chubby'' when I took the pictures, but I think it gives a good idea of what it looks like on the hand- hope this helps!

30. yssie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by yssie » Dec 15, 2009
    It looks really lovely [​IMG].

The colour is perfect for your skin [​IMG] and the setting, of course, is gorgeous [​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.