shape
carat
color
clarity

New Amethyst Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Today I made the rounds of my jewelers and picked up three completed projects.
9.gif
Two rings and a new pair of earring dangles. I''m going to begin with the Zambian amethyst from Mastercutgems that I had set into a 3-stone ring in 14k yellow gold with a round pair of Gemrite chrome tourmaline side stones. I''ll pictures of the other two projects tomorrow.

First, the vendor''s photo. A natural Zambian Siberian color amethyst, 5.34 carats, 12.5 x 10.5 mm. Described as rich purple with blue flash, VS to SI1 clarity.

21542.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The completed ring. It had to hitch a ride home in the same box as my other completed ring, the Mahenge spinel.
3.gif
It will get its own thread soon.

AmmyMahenBox8280.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Trying to show off the color a bit. I''m loving this gorgeous ammy!
1.gif

AmmyRing8340.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wowsa! those are gorgeous!!
30.gif

-A

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow I love it! I''d love to see a hand shot if you can, it looks like a realy gumball of a ring. I love that!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My jeweler combined two different stock settings to make the ring and saved me a lot of money. The first stock setting was for the big center oval. The other stock setting was for a 3-stone round. He took the two outside rounds and put them next to the center oval and somehow made the whole thing work. It''s a simple setting, but the big ammy and the two sides mean I have a lot of finger coverage.
2.gif

AmmyRing8376.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hand shot from above. Easily my biggest ring, but I''m finding it very easy to wear.
1.gif

AmmyRing8289.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
The combination of the green/purple stone is very pretty. I really do love it.

Your spinel...oh my, it''s so yummy!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some more shots to show off the flash. I''m using a combination of light from the late afternoon winter sun and my incandescent reading lamp.

AmmyRing8310.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A bit out of focus, but such yummy colors.

AmmyRing8326.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Better focus.

AmmyRing8327.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This stone is really a lovely deep purple. It''s hard to capture the color.

AmmyRing8322.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looking more reddish.

AmmyRing8339.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some interesting facet patterns in this shot.

AmmyRing8334.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last shot for now. Thanks for looking.
35.gif

AmmyRing8331.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2009 11:23:57 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Wow I love it! I''d love to see a hand shot if you can, it looks like a realy gumball of a ring. I love that!
Thank you Arcadian, Dreamer and mochi! Ha, ha, I love the gumball of a ring description. Yes, I generally go for rather more modest sizes. But, everyone should have a gumball ring, I think! I finally have mine.
28.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing coloured stones of such different hues set together. Thanks for the pics and I can''t wait for the spinel thread.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely colors. Great taste. Amethysts are my favorite stones. By some twist of fate, I have none to show. Again, amazing stone, wonderful color combination. I am sure you will be happy wearing it.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl,

You have the coolest jewelry! I love the combination of the purple and green - so much more interesting than if you would have just used diamond side stones.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I love african amethysts, as they tend to have a very deep and rich color (unlike many from other sources). Color combo is very striking and yellow gold rarely hurts amethysts, so good work
36.gif

P. S. That spinel almost stole the show - looks amazing!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous green/purple combo, and that spinel''s colour just pops. Lovely rings.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring, and the color combo! I wish your ring and my new pendant could hang out, they''re color combo buddies.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Very cool ring!
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you klewis, crasru, Cind11, ma re, Lovinggems, mariedtiger, chiquitapet. I''m really loving the green and purple. Both such deep and rich colors. Kind of brightens a dark winter day. I can wear yellow or white gold equally well, and this color combo just said yellow. It''s kind of fun figuring out which color to use. I run my ideas past my jeweler, and we nearly always agree. Sometimes I ask him first, and he always gives me a good opinion.

I can''t get over how much better the ammy looks now that it is getting more light. It just wasn''t made to sit in a box.
2.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flygirl, I''m normally a one colour kinda gemstone ring girl but I love the colour combo of the Amethyst''s and tourmalines. They really compliment each other. The more I''ve collected the more respect I have for Amethyst. I adore the rich royal velvet look of a perfect purple/blue/pink. Enjoy wearing your gumball!!!

Please don''t leave it too long to post up about the Mahenge will you? Is that an LOGR setting?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 4:26:25 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Flygirl, I''m normally a one colour kinda gemstone ring girl but I love the colour combo of the Amethyst''s and tourmalines. They really compliment each other. The more I''ve collected the more respect I have for Amethyst. I adore the rich royal velvet look of a perfect purple/blue/pink. Enjoy wearing your gumball!!!

Please don''t leave it too long to post up about the Mahenge will you? Is that an LOGR setting?
Thank you oddoneout and LD! I wanted something more than a plain amethyst ring, extra gold in a setting is expensive, and I''m not much of a halo gal. I had these chrome tourmalines from Gemrite, and it was time to give them a home so I could wear them. I''m pleased with the result.

I spent some time today taking more pictures of the Mahenge. Sorting through them now. Yes, that is an LOGR.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The amethyst and chromes look better here than in the first picture with the Mahenge. I didn''t see this thread until after I posted in your spinel thread. I love how the green is so saturated in the chromes.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 9:39:56 PM
Author: Chrono
The amethyst and chromes look better here than in the first picture with the Mahenge. I didn''t see this thread until after I posted in your spinel thread. I love how the green is so saturated in the chromes.
Here is the original vendor picture. John still has these chrome tourmalines up on his site. Link They are lovely green stones, and I have been looking for a project for them. I love the colors together; I was less sure about the sizes. But, now that I have the finished ring, I wouldn''t want the sidestones to be much bigger than these.

chrometourmpair1a.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How pretty! I never would have thought to put those two colors together but they look great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results