audball

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1355966141|3336121 said:
*happy dance* Yay for more pickles!!!! lol
Woot!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christmas is in just a few days! Have ya'll "not sures" figured out your plans yet? My NYE plans got changed, and now I don't have any. My Christmas Eve/Day plans are up in the air depending on work's wrath.

But Sunday's dinner will be dandy ::) I completed my menu. SO's parents will be joining and eating my cooking, which they've rarely done before. His mother only eats halal meats, so they ordered a 10 pound prime rib, and a turkey breast that will be extremely fresh. :)) I'm so excited. Most of my friends have never had fresh meat, so they're excited as well. I am making hand made gnocchi, and will serve that with a bell pepper cream sauce. The turkey will be honey glazed and baked. I've got green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese casserole, and spinach mashed potatoes on the menu as well. Hot cocoa, ginger bread cookies, and my best friend will make earl gray French macarons. Best thing will be that I'm picking up my friend's 5 year old, and having her "help" me around. I love that kid!

Are any of you guys getting your SO's parents anything for Christmas? I did the first year we were together, and bought his parents a few office decorations and candles for their office.. but I haven't gotten them anything since. I want to buy something for them, but don't know what. Maybe a poinsettia? :confused: I haven't even purchased SO's gift, even though that will be simple. I'm going to buy a stocking, and lots and lots of ankle socks to fill it up. Yup, lame Madelise. :loopy:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
mmmmm madelise that sounds delicious!!!! I'm starving now thinking about all the food. Christmas plans are still the same as last I posted I think...Christmas eve with my aunt and uncle (although I don't have to work now, so I have some more time off yay!) and then Christmas day with SO and his family. Should be interesting...he says he wants to shoot guns (which I've never done before) and nothing else is open so not sure what else we'll be doing that day haha.

NYE still no plans...SO says he'll be back home (in po-dunk hehehe) so not sure what I will end up doing.

This will be my first Christmas with SO's parents...I was thinking of bringing a box of chocolates but I don't know what else. Ideas?? I like the poinsettia but I don't want to give it just to give it (well that's what the chocolates are but at least everyone can eat chocolate lol. Not everyone is a plant person!).

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1356131882|3337667 said:
mmmmm madelise that sounds delicious!!!! I'm starving now thinking about all the food. Christmas plans are still the same as last I posted I think...Christmas eve with my aunt and uncle (although I don't have to work now, so I have some more time off yay!) and then Christmas day with SO and his family. Should be interesting...he says he wants to shoot guns (which I've never done before) and nothing else is open so not sure what else we'll be doing that day haha.

NYE still no plans...SO says he'll be back home (in po-dunk hehehe) so not sure what I will end up doing.

This will be my first Christmas with SO's parents...I was thinking of bringing a box of chocolates but I don't know what else. Ideas?? I like the poinsettia but I don't want to give it just to give it (well that's what the chocolates are but at least everyone can eat chocolate lol. Not everyone is a plant person!).

YAY I just found out I don't work Christmas Eve, and I'm doing a graveyard shift on Christmas, but that starts at 11PM, so I have the holidays back!! :appl: So happy. *dance dance*.

You'll have so much fun shooting guns. I totally thought it wasn't for me, and was appalled when SO took me to the gun club. I was so nervous that I ruined the visit. But it was SO FUN. Are you guys going to an indoor shooting range, or outdoors to shoot at targets? I'm the worst shot, ever ever. I went to an indoor one, and shot at paper people. Yeah. I had them in pretty close range, and still couldn't shoot them :lol: :lol: SO knew then and there that guns do not belong in our house because I will do something stupid like shoot him instead of a robber!

Yeah, I'm sorta :confused: on the gifts, too. I can't buy FMIL a gift without buying one for FFIL, and everything affordable is really useless. Everything nice is expensive. :knockout: Chocolates sound good? Do you guys have any chocolatiers nearby? Or even Trader Joes.. they've got some amazing European chocolates that are super affordable yet delectable. SO's family got so much chocolate from their clients that they gave ME some. Haha.

I like poinsettias. I think that's what I'll bring over. That will be pretty for the holiday season.. and even if they kill it, it's cool ;)) I don't mind, lol!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
madelise,

What kind of gun were you shooting? A .22 semiautomatic is a great gun to start with. It doesn't recoil and it's easy to aim and hit the target. Much less scary than larger calibers. Oh, and very fun to shoot and the ammo is much less expensive. I think everyone should have at least one .22 :).

liz

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LibbyLA|1356137443|3337718 said:
madelise,

What kind of gun were you shooting? A .22 semiautomatic is a great gun to start with. It doesn't recoil and it's easy to aim and hit the target. Much less scary than larger calibers. Oh, and very fun to shoot and the ammo is much less expensive. I think everyone should have at least one .22 :).

liz

Lol, I have no idea. I don't know anything about guns! I know I asked for the easiest beginners gun ever, and they gave me one that was supposedly easy to handle. It recoiled, though. I think that's the primary reason why I can't shoot. I aim, but I'm not strong enough to hold it still. I'd aim at the paper person's heart, and it would recoil and I'd shoot off to the side.

I'm thinking I might want another shooting date with SO, so I may have to remember to ask about a .22 semi. We really want a gun in the house, but thought against it because of me. SO is a decent shot. Thanks for the tip, Libby. Are you in LA? I went to the LA Gun Club.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh shooting is so fun! My SO is a gun enthusiast and a member of a local gun club. Its an outdoor range. He has a really fun scooped up assault rifle (AR-15), a .45mm and a few glock 9mm's. I have a hot pink and black sig .22! We love to go to the gun club and shoot things (targets, fruit, etc). I am getting bored with my .22 so I'm getting a hot pink and black glock 19 after the holidays! A .22 is perfect to start out with but gets boring quick IMO. My sig is particular with ammo and only takes one brand, and misfires a lot...therefore that also takes the fun factor out of it if you can't get ahold of the exact ammo it likes :knockout: Eep. I never liked guns either till I met him! Great stress reducer and fun!

As for holidays, Madelise, that food sounds so YUMMY!!! I am going to my parents, meeting one of my brothers and his SO there on Xmas. My other bro lives in FL and we will FaceTime with him Xmas eve to watch my niece open her gifts. My SO's father lives in FL and is not coming home for Xmas this year. I am off as of 11pm tonight till weds, so I am super happy!

As for NYE we are just having my bro and his SO over, they are bringing Chinese and champagne...sounds like the perfect night in to me!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg you guys I know nothing about guns. Except that I am scared of them haha. It should be a fun experience though, I'm looking forward to it.

I am almost converted over to SO's way of thinking in terms of NYE...we stayed in last year and watched the ball drop just the two of us with sauerkraut (also my first experience) and mimosas! It was great, but I do love dressing up. We went out with friends two years ago and the crowds were just meh. I don't enjoy dealing with that, especially on the night when everyone else is out haha. I told him we should compromise by having house parties and dressing up...then he made the point of who we would have over out in BFE :(( :blackeye:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
madelise,

You may have to develop some strength. I think if you can handle a gun that you can shoot and actually hit where you are aiming, you will begin to develop some confidence and shooting becomes fun. Your target doesn't need to be any more than 20 feet away, either.

I prefer shooting my .22 semiauto to shooting anything else I have. I have a gizmo that makes loading the magazines easier than doing it by hand so I can load five or six mags quickly and then have fun shooting.

If you get a chance, try shooting a Judge. It's a revolver that handles 2.5" shotgun shells and .45 long Colt rounds. You can start with birdshot rounds and not have much recoil.

I'm in Louisiana, not Los Angeles. I know the gun laws in CA are very different from those in most places, but if there is a pistol safety course available, take it. Getting training from a professional you aren't close to is a good thing. The NRA pistol safety course (which is the concealed carry prerequisite in Louisiana) is very good.

liz

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy,

Take that Sig to a good gunsmith. It's no fun to shoot something that misfires all the time.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results