shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas 2012 Talk!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
That is such a fantastic idea!! How creative lol. Love that he'll be able to tell stories of his noble ancestors. :bigsmile:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT!! What an amazing gift!

audball

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That's totally amazing and unique! Way to go!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1354578137|3321688 said:
Chewbacca|1354577482|3321680 said:
Let me know what you want, and I'll give it a go if you like! :lickout:
I like your lights! Anything you want to give a go!

audballxmas.jpg

:bigsmile:

audball

Ideal_Rock

audball

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! I followed instructions in the Hangout thread about sparkly avatars and made an animated one!

ETA: Not sure I like the one I made, though. It seems cheesy. I think I like your wreath better!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I totally just saw that thread and got SUPER JEALOUS! I will have to light Chewy up later today, no stones to sparkle at my house! :lol: / :cry:

First world problems?

ETA: Perhaps a mix of the two? Twinkly coloured lights?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1354663794|3322627 said:
I totally just saw that thread and got SUPER JEALOUS! I will have to light Chewy up later today, no stones to sparkle at my house! :lol: / :cry:

First world problems?

Perhaps. I used the website they mentioned (blingee.com) and I thought the colored light strands for Christmas twinkled so much that they would be distracting...

I'll play with it more tomororw! How fun, though! I've never done a Christmas avatar/an animated one!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1354663970|3322630 said:
Chewbacca|1354663794|3322627 said:

First world problems?

Perhaps. I used the website they mentioned (blingee.com) and I thought the colored light strands for Christmas twinkled so much that they would be distracting...

I'll play with it more tomororw! How fun, though! I've never done a Christmas avatar/an animated one!

audballxmas2.gif

Just in case! ;-)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1354648785|3322364 said:
Is this where I get to share what I got my BF for Christmas??

Because I can't tell HIM about it, and I am DYING to share my secret with someone. I might explode if I don't tell anyone. It's just too good.

For several years, he's been joking about how awesome it would be to have an dramatic oil painting of a 16th century seafarer on the helm of his ship or something, but there's a twist! Instead of the original face, it will look like him! And then he can invent a fabulous fake story about his famous seafaring ancestors and tell people he comes from a long line of Dutch pirates.

The last time we talked about this was about a year ago, so I know he won't suspect a thing. I got the painting done! It's 20"x24", so it's pretty big, and now I'm going to have to frame it in one of those antiquey old gold swirly frames.

So here it is! What do you guys think?

159-2.jpg

AHHAHA. That's your BF? This reminds me of that photo that went viral on Reddit last month. Some guy went to a museum with his girlfriend, and they found an ancient photo with a guy that looks JUST.LIKE.HIM. And when things go viral on Reddit…. they end up on Yahoo! front page. Oh, guess what I decided to google! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/man-finds-his-doppelgange_n_2117635.html

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1354667955|3322680 said:
audballxmas2.gif

Just in case! ;-)
How did you do that!?!?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1354828085|3324720 said:
Magic! And Photoshop. :lickout:
I'm going with MAGIC!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
14 DAYS!

:errrr:

How are all our Christmas To-Do Lists looking?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly I can't believe it is so soon already!!! I still only have the one gift for SO...debating still whether to get him something else because he already guessed what I got him haha. I need to get something for my secret santa at work, I'll do that sometime this week as our Christmas party is this Saturday.

How's your to-do list looking, Chewie?

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
madelise|1354672938|3322763 said:
AHHAHA. That's your BF? This reminds me of that photo that went viral on Reddit last month. Some guy went to a museum with his girlfriend, and they found an ancient photo with a guy that looks JUST.LIKE.HIM. And when things go viral on Reddit…. they end up on Yahoo! front page. Oh, guess what I decided to google! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/man-finds-his-doppelgange_n_2117635.html

Hah! Madelise, that is awesome! How great.
The original painting looked nothing like him-- you can see the original here http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...e_Ruyter.jpg/264px-Bol,_Michiel_de_Ruyter.jpg.

It should be coming in the mail this week. I can't wait to give it to him-- I will give it to him early because i don't want to take it to FL with us for the holidays.

All my other shopping is done. Yay!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
pandabee|1355085980|3326980 said:
I need to get something for my secret santa at work, I'll do that sometime this week as our Christmas party is this Saturday.

How's your to-do list looking, Chewie?

The answer to every secret santa is a penguin hat. Duh. :razz:

(penguinhats.com) Here is a picture of me in one. Oh, and a sweatshirt that says "Merry Christmas from Barack Obama."

imag1164.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHA! You are a party packed in one person, Cygnet. I love the painting, and I love your hat. That hat is so unexpected, I almost choked.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
hhahha omg Cygnet that is awesome!! She is a little older than my mom and loves cats...so I figured I could find a cat calendar at the mall or something, but I want something else to go with it. That is pretty awesome!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
We are pretty much DONE. We had all gifts for other people/family/coworkers/santa swaps, etc purchased, wrapped, and ready to go before December 1st!

We're just doing cards and stocking stuffers for each other. I'm half way done filling his up. We'll do lots of other date night things together to celebrate the holidays (gingerbread house, lights/cocoa, movies, baking).

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I love that penguin hat cygnet!!!

I just have to buy some more stocking stuffers and I am done!

Although there's no enjoying anything holiday for me until dec 18 (end of the semester!)

I was discussing with SO and we found a bunch of royal carribean cruises jan 2014 for around 400 (we would upgrade the room but this is what they are starting at ) they are 5-7 day ones. We are going to for-go gifts next year and plan one of the cruises instead! We will look into booking it this jan after the holidays, but before my crazy semester starts again. We might also see if my bro and sis in law would like to come. I'm very excited! :praise:

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1355094639|3327146 said:

Although there's no enjoying anything holiday for me until dec 18 (end of the semester!)

I was discussing with SO and we found a bunch of royal carribean cruises jan 2014 for around 400 (we would upgrade the room but this is what they are starting at ) they are 5-7 day ones. We are going to for-go gifts next year and plan one of the cruises instead! We will look into booking it this jan after the holidays, but before my crazy semester starts again. We might also see if my bro and sis in law would like to come. I'm very excited! :praise:
A cruise sounds AMAZING! Jealous... :Up_to_something:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
audball|1355094805|3327149 said:

and romantic!! :naughty:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
OOOooo, LLC! That sounds like SO MUCH FUN. :appl: :love:

I've done.. virtually nothing! :errrr: Its really crept up on me!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you EVERYONE! It sounds like a great idea in theory (we will see how it pans out!)

Aud! If I lived in fl I would be cruising all the time! My bro and sis in law have done last min cruises for as little as 600 for 3 people! See the cruise purchase is only one part of the equation for us, because then we have to troll airlines and fine the cheapest rate! I still think its a great idea though. We have done trips to fl together and ill be damned if I wait till my wedding to go on a real vacay! :lol:

Edited: constant ipad typos! :shock:

audball

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1355103404|3327185 said:
Thank you EVERYONE! It sounds like a great idea in theory (we will see how it pans out!)

Aud! If I lived in fl I would be cruising all the time! My bro and sis in law have done last min cruises for as little as 600 for 3 people! See the cruise purchase is not one part of the equation for us, because then we have to troll airlines and fine the cheapest rate! I still think its a great idea though. We have done trips to fl together and ill be damned if I wait till my wedding to go on a real vacay! :lol:
I have never ever been on a cruise! :blackeye: I'm such a terrible Floridian!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that hat is awesome!!! :lol: love it!

I'm done buying for M. I might get him one more thing- not sure yet.

He hasn't done any shopping yet. I'm difficult to shop for, for one. Two, he said all the things on my Pinterest "Christmas list" were so expensive (yes and no), and three, he just took care of a bunch of past-due bills with some of his Christmas bonus (which is AWESOME- a little less stress is always a good thing).

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aud! If I lived in fl I would be cruising all the time! My bro and sis in law have done last min cruises for as little as 600 for 3 people! See the cruise purchase is only one part of the equation for us, because then we have to troll airlines and fine the cheapest rate! I still think its a great idea though. We have done trips to fl together and ill be damned if I wait till my wedding to go on a real vacay! :lol:

CRUISES! EEK how fun! That sounds like a great plan! $400 for 5-7 days? Jee! I'm jealous bc east coast cruises go to such fun places! CA cruises only go to Mexico or Alaska ;( With all the drama with kidnapping and beheadings in Mexico in the last few years, SO refuses to go on cruises there, even if I promise not to leave the ship!!

Have you any ideas of where to go on the cruises yet?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1355104472|3327199 said:
OMG, that hat is awesome!!! :lol: love it!

I'm done buying for M. I might get him one more thing- not sure yet.

He hasn't done any shopping yet. I'm difficult to shop for, for one. Two, he said all the things on my Pinterest "Christmas list" were so expensive (yes and no), and three, he just took care of a bunch of past-due bills with some of his Christmas bonus (which is AWESOME- a little less stress is always a good thing).

That's really great that he was able to get a Christmas bonus and he put it right towards bills! Less stress is ALWAYS a good thing!

Maybe you can narrow down your Pinterest to things in his "budget"? Did you guys establish a budget?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1355105618|3327206 said:

CRUISES! EEK how fun! That sounds like a great plan! $400 for 5-7 days? Jee! I'm jealous bc east coast cruises go to such fun places! CA cruises only go to Mexico or Alaska ;( With all the drama with kidnapping and beheadings in Mexico in the last few years, SO refuses to go on cruises there, even if I promise not to leave the ship!!

Have you any ideas of where to go on the cruises yet?

Boo on the no cruises out there...but you have so many beautiful places out there that I would die to go...and they are in your backyard! I think half the fun is getting off the boat, so I think SO just wants to protect you...and I admit...that's some scary stuff to deal with, I wouldn't want to cruise either over there!

6 night western carribean on independence of the seas...It leaves out of fort lauderdale, stops in georgetown-grand cayman, labadee-Haiti, falmouth-jamaica! We've actually never been on a cruise...so I'm kinda excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results