color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Sarahbear621|1291694392|2789566 said:
LtlFirecracker|1291691626|2789518 said:
Just got these today from Berry. They really are a nice robin egg blue. I know I want to set the pear into a simple pendant with a black silk cord. I am not sure what to do with the other two stones. Of course earrings, but what kind?

LTF- So you are the person who scored that set! I wanted them but they were already sold. I was going to have Daniel M make them into a version of these Tiffany earrings.

Sorry!!! I probably should not tell you this, but I really just wanted the pear shaped stone :blackeye:. But if I was going to set them into earrings, I would probably do something like that.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

hahaha dont' tell me that LTF- I just wanted the earrings and not the pear!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Sarahbear621|1291771327|2790405 said:
hahaha dont' tell me that LTF- I just wanted the earrings and not the pear!

We should have asked Berry to split the set!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

You know, this dilemma would probably be easy to work out in a non-PS setting...just sayin'... :tongue:

As for my projects, they're finally all done! There was a little hitch with my sphene pendant from Daniel M (the chain broke off the first day I wore it), but they fixed it right away, and it's on its way back to me now.

However, I've managed to develop a steady state where I seem to have 3 unset stones at any given time. Right now it's the tsavorite from Gene, a freebie moonstone cab from Dana, and a gray-blue spinel from Dana (cut by Grey Weaver).

And yes, I know I owe you all pictures...I'm hoping to run into someone with a decent camera so that can happen! I miss living near MTG and being able to borrow her awesome camera whenever I want!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I'm going to contact Barry and see if he has something similar that I could use for earrings. Or you could just return the pair (not the pear) :tongue:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Sarahbear621|1291802830|2790756 said:
I'm going to contact Barry and see if he has something similar that I could use for earrings. Or you could just return the pair (not the pear) :tongue:

EDITED: Hmmm...do you think he would split the pieces?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

LtlFirecracker|1291809157|2790798 said:
Sarahbear621|1291802830|2790756 said:

EDITED: Hmmm...do you think he would split the pieces?
we could email and see what he says- if you are game then I am.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Spinel trillion ring came. It's more gorgeous than I had anticipated. I love the two tone and the diamond are white and sparkly. I love the micropave and the curved split shank and gallery details.

My photos don't do it justice.

Natural diffused light on a cloudy day.

TLpinkspineltrillioninlanbo.JPG

TLspineltrillionringside.JPG

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock

OoooH TL that is going to be brilliant!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL, it looks amazing :love: :love:

You got great value for your dollar with this setting!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock

I didn't think these really deserved an entire thread, but I got this matched pair of 3.6 mm tsavorites awhile back and just realized that I never posted them so here ya go. They're a touch lighter than the picture shows and SUPER sparklie.

Tsav-G-Round-0856_thumb.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

LTF- email Barry- he said he would help us.

TL- OMG that is stunning! It really makes the pink POP

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

Sarahbear621|1291841644|2791314 said:
LTF- email Barry- he said he would help us.

TL- OMG that is stunning! It really makes the pink POP

Done!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One more - I'm so giddy about this ring. I'll start a thread on it when the stone is set.

Thanks!

TLtrillionspinellanbo.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

TL, you've really done it! One of the very few rings for trillion stones that works. The proportions, the design everything works. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't wear it. I think that ring is going to see a lot of the world accompanied by your chrysoberyl!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's fabulous! If you said it was from Leon, I'd believe it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VapidLapid|1291865185|2791736 said:
TL, you've really done it! One of the very few rings for trillion stones that works. The proportions, the design everything works. Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't wear it. I think that ring is going to see a lot of the world accompanied by your chrysoberyl!

Thanks VL,
I'm not really a trillion person, but the stone's color spoke volumes to me, and it was actually one of the most expensive stones I bought in a long time. I felt the color was just too good to pass up for the shape. Yes, I wish it were a pear, or a cushion, or a round, but I can live with a trillion with this color, and the cutting is excellent too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse|1291865729|2791750 said:
It's fabulous! If you said it was from Leon, I'd believe it.

I know the "Leon fans" will barf when I say this, but it is a bit "Leonesque." Thanks BabyNurse.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Woohhh wee TL the opera is pouring out of me now!! that is stunning and yes I agree with BN that you could have told me it was a leon piece and i never would have known different.

Oh my end I just picked up 3 new rings today that were being set at my local jeweler. A BB Maylaya Garnet, a rhodolite Garnet from GF, and a tourmalnie from DS. All have halos from LOGR or Iban.04. I will be posting a thread later tonight (my time) of my new pretties. :saint:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just got my chrome tourmaline from Gene, and I LOVE it, it's a stunning deep green color. I'm going to have it set into my Sally Mistral yellow gold ring setting, but probably not until January since I have exams and then going home for vacation.

Still, I'll be so psyched! I think it's going to look stunning.

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, MTG! That's a gorgeous green :love: :love: It will look amazing in that yellow gold setting!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Guess who has a project with Sally in the works... Yup this guy!

ETA: Grandma is going to have a custom hand made piece of art.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

HotPozzum|1290128575|2772241 said:
maebelle|1289494914|2761614 said:
myspene.jpg

So... I am still waiting (impatiently) for this 1.13 CT yellow sphene I bought from exportgems on ebay. It's supposed to be here within the next two weeks. I'll still be happy if it is more honey colored (which I suspect it is). I really can't wait! It's my first stone purchase and, if it is worth it, project. I really want a sparkly little Sphene ring for the holidays :)

Ah so YOU out bid me! :naughty: Darn it. Let me know if it's any good and I'll keep an eye out for future ones.

Haha, sorry HotPozzum! (For outbidding you and for not replying for so long). The color is exactly right (surprisingly yellow), but the stone is a bit windowed, not that it matters in the right light, it throws off green and red sparks like crazy! I wasn't able to get a good picture before I shipped it off to Daniel M for a ring. I'm setting it in silver, despite the fact that I think it would look fabulous in yellow gold, I just don't wear yellow gold. I'll make sure to post pictures when I get my ring back from Dan and Caren. :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

maebelle|1292086477|2794258 said:
HotPozzum|1290128575|2772241 said:
maebelle|1289494914|2761614 said:
myspene.jpg

So... I am still waiting (impatiently) for this 1.13 CT yellow sphene I bought from exportgems on ebay. It's supposed to be here within the next two weeks. I'll still be happy if it is more honey colored (which I suspect it is). I really can't wait! It's my first stone purchase and, if it is worth it, project. I really want a sparkly little Sphene ring for the holidays :)

Ah so YOU out bid me! :naughty: Darn it. Let me know if it's any good and I'll keep an eye out for future ones.

Haha, sorry HotPozzum! (For outbidding you and for not replying for so long). The color is exactly right (surprisingly yellow), but the stone is a bit windowed, not that it matters in the right light, it throws off green and red sparks like crazy! I wasn't able to get a good picture before I shipped it off to Daniel M for a ring. I'm setting it in silver, despite the fact that I think it would look fabulous in yellow gold, I just don't wear yellow gold. I'll make sure to post pictures when I get my ring back from Dan and Caren. :)

May I suggest a silver shank and yellow gold head? I don't wear a lot of yellow gold, but two-tone pieces done this way have the look of an all-silver ring, while bringing out the best qualities in some stones.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

How does one find a teeny tiny stone that fell to the ground???? ;( The only way I can think to find it is its fluor :knockout:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poor you! Good luck!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1292096306|2794359 said:
Poor you! Good luck!

Thanks, it took a minute a point to find this little guy :D

.35ct I1 FCD :D (it's a very clean I1 if you ask me)

Now to find the cheapest lab to tell me if it's natural, or if it's been nuked or coated. New vendor to me, want to trust, but verify ;-) Unless someone else has bought from bid4desire on E-Bay before. For $80 it's a steal either way

slippery 006.png

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

OMG! My rings are here!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I absolutely love them!!! I'll post pictures asap.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock

Can't wait!! Hurry hurry:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results