carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

simplysplendid|1293886620|2811552 said:
This 1.8ct Mahenge spinel is coming my way from Peter Torraca. I think I'll set it into a ring. It is the first trilliant in my collection.

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics! I love that cutting.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

simplysplendid|1293886620|2811552 said:
This 1.8ct Mahenge spinel is coming my way from Peter Torraca. I think I'll set it into a ring. It is the first trilliant in my collection.

:love: You can't go wrong with Peter, Spinel, or trilliant! It's the trifecta of colored stones! UGH I am soooo covetous!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

35981.jpg

Just bought this from Litnon. Tanga Rhodolite Garnet, 2.39 ct. One of my first 'serious' stones, can't wait to see it set!
First try at inserting an image, so sorry if it goes horribly wrong...

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Deathspi|1293911289|2811742 said:
35981.jpg

Just bought this from Litnon. Tanga Rhodolite Garnet, 2.39 ct. One of my first 'serious' stones, can't wait to see it set!
First try at inserting an image, so sorry if it goes horribly wrong...

What great color! How are you going to set it? And you did perfectly fine with the picture, in fact more would be better!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thanks! I love the colour too and it will be interesting to see how it looks in real life when I recieve it. I'm thinking of having it set in a diamond halo, LOGR style or something since I don't own anything like it. Will definitly have to post pics when it's done!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1293830289|2811165 said:
davi_el_mejor|1293824886|2811074 said:
Yay the diamond showed up today!

All I can say is...WOW :love: This is gorgeous, davi!

Just when I thought I couldn't spend any more on colored stones, I think colored diamonds may be in my future!

Do it! Here's three more pictures of this little .25 deep greenish yellowish brownish diamond (with weak red fluor!)

forest 054.png

forest 058.png

forest fluor 002.png

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock

I'm getting this green goodness - it's a 1.88ct untreated emerald. Am sooo excited!

PG-emerald.png

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yummy Vigro!

I'm totally digging this opposed bar "paraiba type" tourmaline.

pgopposed.png

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

virgoruby|1293968816|2812210 said:
I'm getting this green goodness - it's a 1.88ct untreated emerald. Am sooo excited!

I'm so happy a PS'er got this. Have you seen it IRL yet? I always wondered what Gene meant by it being better IRL, since I thought it looked pretty good to me on his site.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock

Aoife|1293980054|2812254 said:
virgoruby|1293968816|2812210 said:

I'm so happy a PS'er got this. Have you seen it IRL yet? I always wondered what Gene meant by it being better IRL, since I thought it looked pretty good to me on his site.

Thanks MTG and Aoife!

Aoife, I haven't got the stone yet. I've asked Gene to get an AGL brief, which took a while & only came back to him at the end of Dec. It will be posted imminently, though it will probably take 2+ weeks to get to me, as I live in Europe & the postal service seems to be so messed up at the moment...

I thought the colour looked pretty good on my monitor as well, so hopefully it will be fantastic IRL (though I'm trying not to raise my expectations too high..). I promise to post pics when I get it. ;))

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Oh VR that is wonderful. I had been watching that stone for months and am thrilled for you. I look forward to your impressions of the stone and the MANY pics you will surely be posting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sally and I worked out a setting for my star sapphire! I can't wait! It's going to be a variation of the lotus with diamond melee and leaf shaped arches.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade|1294194139|2814530 said:
Sally and I worked out a setting for my star sapphire! I can't wait! It's going to be a variation of the lotus with diamond melee and leaf shaped arches.

AVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAA MMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Ok sorry about that my opera voice came out again! Oh TL that sounds AMAZING!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the finsihed product. Are you still going to use rose gold?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

davi_el_mejor|1293132939|2804828 said:
This guy left Singapore on the 10th... where it's at now... who knows :(sad

Yay! after nearly a month in customs it should be delivered today!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup, still rose gold Sarah bear!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I finally bought a setting for one of my favorite blue spinels. It reminds me of a blue diamond. I love this stone. 2.25 carats. It goes tanzanite violet in incandescent lighting.

TLspinelcushion2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I won this lovely little 1.5 carat violet spinel that I may put into a bypass ring with my 1.91 Mahenge trillion pictured here. Do you guys think they would look nice together?

TLtrillionspinels.JPG

TLspineltrillions2.JPG

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the Peter Torraca spinel.

Hi TourmalineLover, I think the blue and mahenge trilliant spinel will look wonderful together. Alternatively, how about mismatch earrings (are they close in size)? I noticed a number of high end jewelry stores have been coming up with earrings that are mismatched in some ways.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1294504650|2817558 said:
I won this lovely little 1.5 carat violet spinel that I may put into a bypass ring with my 1.91 Mahenge trillion pictured here. Do you guys think they would look nice together?

I love that color combo and think they would go great together.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

TL those two look gorgeous together :love: :love: :love:
Were you thinking of something like the bypass ring that Daniel M made for you?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like the two colors together TL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for your opinions! I was thinking a bypass but with some diamond accents. I guess I can't live without my diamonds!! LOL!

I also bought this pear from Tan. It was listed on his site forever, and at a very reasonable old price. Never understood why no one picked it up, and I was hoping someone would (to save me from buying it). I had to take the plunge.

I have another pear Mahenge the same size, so I was wondering if these would make good side stones to something in my collection. We'll see.

TL1_10spinelpear.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was eyeing it for a long time but he had so many listed. Congratulations, a good stone and a nice price!

I have a lavender spinel and I am thinking of combining it with something salad-colored, maybe a mint garnet? (I am trying to find two small matching ones). It would appear that your trillion Mahenge is more bright just because of the color (red-pink versus lavender) and I am a little bit concerned that it may "kill" the lavender. But earrings of different color should work, it is a modern concept and it is becoming increasingly popular.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

crasru|1294596800|2818236 said:
I was eyeing it for a long time but he had so many listed. Congratulations, a good stone and a nice price!

I have a lavender spinel and I am thinking of combining it with something salad-colored, maybe a mint garnet? (I am trying to find two small matching ones). It would appear that your trillion Mahenge is more bright just because of the color (red-pink versus lavender) and I am a little bit concerned that it may "kill" the lavender. But earrings of different color should work, it is a modern concept and it is becoming increasingly popular.

Problem, I don't wear earrings. :( Thanks about the new pear mahenge, I love the cutting and crystal on this one too, so it was a win win for me.

I was concerned by such a hot and cold color together, but the luster and sparkle from the new violet trillion is almost diamond like. Problem is that I can't find a neon chrysoberyl to pair with this Mahenge (my ideal pairing). Tan has a couple of trillion chrysoberyls, but they're not neon enough for me. I have a salad green trillion mint garnet that shows a hint of blue, but when I put it next to this hot pink trillion, I thought "meh."

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

This will be coming my way...

0266 seafoam tourmaline.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: love the color Freke! Plans for it yet?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous Freke!

I finally finalized the designs and paid a deposit on my 3 pieces from Sally! So excited!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's wonderful MTG! Can't wait to see the final pieces!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

95% finalized my Sally stuff too MTG! Just have to wait for her to see that she can go full steam ahead! Yay. After this I may have her do my aunt's project too. woohoo!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Great news Davi! I think Sally would be a nice choice for your Aunt's projects as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results