color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Fly Girl|1289693111|2765043 said:
cellentani|1289690784|2764932 said:
Dana sent me an e-mail that the coral cabs will be arriving on Tuesday, along with a pair of white zircons I had him pull for me a while back. Pictures will be posted when they arrive.

BTW, he has put another stone on sale that I have been watching, but I really don't need... the 3.5 ct pink-red tourmaline on the Remastered page. Some PSer could probably put that to good use.

Fly Girl, I like the color combo you're going for with the coral cabs! What shape zircons are you getting? I keep thinking I'd like to get a pair...

I noticed that tourmaline too, but decided to spring for a spinel - surprisingly, it will be my first purchase from Dana.

Thanks, Cellentani. I'm pretty sure I'm getting these 6 mm colorless rounds. http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5852

I reserved them a while back, and Dana got sick right about then, so I waited until I saw another gemstone I just had to have. :twirl:

Which Spinel are you getting?? Is it the Namya Burmese pink-red round? :cheeky:

Yup, those are the zircon rounds I'd noticed awhile back - I'm interested in knowing your opinion when you get them. And yes, you guessed the correct spinel!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

natascha|1289693269|2765046 said:
My milgrained amathyst bezel by DanielM is done! Now just to wait impatiently for it to get to Sweden.
It was great working with Caren and Dan. The reason for the pendant was my planned reset, I wanted to see their milgrain in person before taking the plunge. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it! :saint:

The problem is that all my lurking on this board has infected me with gemstone fever, I just want more for every day that goes. I am planning on purchasing some cheapy gemstones to play with and to really check that I don't want all those stunning primary colours. Do you think about 1 carat stones are too small?

I hope you get your pendant soon, and that you post pics when it arrives! As for stone size, it depends on if you like stones in that size range, and what you'll use it for. I would expect stones in that carat weight to be around 6 to 6.5mm, depending on the density and cutting. What size is the amethyst in your pendant?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Updated Project list
1- JKT Ameythst Set (earrings and pendant)- Everything is complete and in the mail
2- 1.85 lavendar spinel from FineWaterGems set into a JKT Katie Ring- Returned. Will set a neon green oval tourmaline into katie ring now- with JKT
3- 4.2 ct pink sapphire (heated) set into JKT pink gold, diamond, and silver ring - With JKT
4- Bezel set my Peter T asshcer 1.5 ct sunstone is pink gold (local jeweler)- Complete!
5- rose gold and diamond Marrakech Ring by Suzanne Somersall - Complete!
6- Pink Tourmline Briolitte Earrings with white gold clover Complete!

7- Matching rose gold Marrakech necklace by Suzanne Somersall- Should recieve the first week of December
8- DBTY bracelet with .40ctw (4 diamonds total)- Complete and in the mail from BGD
New Projects:
9-Set Dan Stair pink tourmaline in LOGR double halo setting rose gold- at jeweler should pick up 12/6
10- Set Gene's rhodolite garnet cushion 6.6x 6.6 into two tone YG/WG legacy setting- at jeweler should pick up 12/6
11-Set BB's malaya garnet RB 6.0mm into halo setting-at local jeweler should pick up 12/6
12- Sent 3 stones to Daniel M to set into stud earrings. A pair of yellow quartz 9mm cushions to be bezeled in yellow gold (present for MIL) and a plantinum blue spinel cut by Dana to be set in a basket white gold stud. - No Update
13- Scraped for the time being
14-Blue Topaz 72.17ct from Dana will be sent to Sally at HOW for a multi strand pearl bracelet- In the mail on the way to Sally

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl: Wow, look at you go Sarah! Awesome progress!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

This is a long-overdue post for TL...you had asked to see real-life pics of my AJS green tourmaline several months ago, and I took them but never uploaded them! I was going through my camera phone files and found these. The tourmaline is one of the many stones I still have with Dan M, but it will be part of a 3-stone pendant. Here's the vendor photo again and my photos in real life. It's pretty difficult to capture the right color, but I think it's somewhere between the one with the leaves and the one with the red background.

Vendor photo:
tourm-0.82ct-6.8x4.4-afghan.jpg

jstar-seafoam1.jpg

jstar-seafoam2.jpg

jstar-seafoam3.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! I can't wait to see the pictures of all your new goodies, Sarah :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse|1289877076|2767676 said:
Wow! I can't wait to see the pictures of all your new goodies, Sarah :appl:

Ditto, and very pretty. Thanks for the photos!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

My package from Dana arrived today. Coral cabochons (12mm x 10 mm), 6 mm round zircons, and a nearly 6 ct spess cabochon as a lovely surprise. The zircons are bright and have a lot of dispersion. I'm very pleased. I have 3 projects at the jewelers now, but the coral cabochons will be going in soon to be made into earrings. No plans at the present for the zircons or the spess, but I'm sure something will come along for those.

MastercutGems11_10.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl|1289882480|2767817 said:
My package from Dana arrived today. Coral cabochons (12mm x 10 mm), 6 mm round zircons, and a nearly 6 ct spess cabochon as a lovely surprise. The zircons are bright and have a lot of dispersion. I'm very pleased. I have 3 projects at the jewelers now, but the coral cabochons will be going in soon to be made into earrings. No plans at the present for the zircons or the spess, but I'm sure something will come along for those.
Gorgeous cabs! I'm loving the spess which I'm not usually a fan of. :love:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

packrat|1289876421|2767655 said:
:appl: Wow, look at you go Sarah! Awesome progress!
I know, I wish I was that focused with my projects. Everything seems to take me forever. Thanks for the update, Sarah. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of everything!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I promise there will be pictures! Is it really sad that I talked DH into buying me a camera under the assumption it was to take photos of our newborn....but I really want to take photos of my gems to post instead!!!! :Up_to_something: ok ok my baby is really cute and i'm taking tons of photos of him too! but i can't wait to post pictures of my new projects that are coming in.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Ok, this is totally weird,
but last night I dreamed that I was using some special glue to secure stones to the dop, and I looked at the label which had the ingredients listed like it was a food item and the first ingredient was wildfish. Now I was just setting up in my studio and said to myself, "where's my wildfish glue?"!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear621|1289888489|2767901 said:
I promise there will be pictures! Is it really sad that I talked DH into buying me a camera under the assumption it was to take photos of our newborn....but I really want to take photos of my gems to post instead!!!! :Up_to_something: ok ok my baby is really cute and i'm taking tons of photos of him too! but i can't wait to post pictures of my new projects that are coming in.

Congratulations on your new baby!! I didn't know you were expecting.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1290010814|2769953 said:
Sarahbear621|1289888489|2767901 said:

Congratulations on your new baby!! I didn't know you were expecting.

Thanks TL. I actually had him at the end of July- He was a whole month early.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Sending a stone off to Daniel & Caren for setting into a U prong ring today. How can these two be so personable and affordable?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

maebelle|1289494914|2761614 said:
myspene.jpg

So... I am still waiting (impatiently) for this 1.13 CT yellow sphene I bought from exportgems on ebay. It's supposed to be here within the next two weeks. I'll still be happy if it is more honey colored (which I suspect it is). I really can't wait! It's my first stone purchase and, if it is worth it, project. I really want a sparkly little Sphene ring for the holidays :)

Ah so YOU out bid me! :naughty: Darn it. Let me know if it's any good and I'll keep an eye out for future ones.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Anybody know what Janish jewels turnaround time is right now?

tenorgirl33

Rough_Rock

Long time lurker, fairly new poster here...

A picture of a pair of goshenite beryls from Dan Stair. (His picture)

They are 6.06 x 7.99mm, and I am planning on having them set in white gold.

Goshenite Pair.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

My Daniel M pieces 6 weeks in the making are finally done! Well, sort of. Three of them are perfect and on their way to me. One of them had some rough workmanship, so I asked them to redo part of it. Here are a few teaser pics...

spinelring1.jpg

sapphring1.jpg

sphenenecklace1.jpg

purplemelody

Rough_Rock

Beautiful Daniel M pieces, jstarfireb! I'd love to see more shots of the Uli liquid ring! :)

My new peridot from Gemfix. It is such a beautiful apple green and bright, I love it so much!
I also got a Mali Garnet which is so GORGEOUS, but sadly, I'm not so much feeling the greenish-yellow colour on my skintone.
I think a more sunlight yellow suits me better. It sparkles so well under the sun, now I'm torn between keeping or returning it.

peridot2web.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

My JKT Amythest Suite arrived today- photos will be posted in a few weeks- :Up_to_something: yes I"m evil but I want to wait till more of my new stuff comes in and do one thread about everything.

JKT is now working on setting my 4.2ct pink sapphire and a neon green tourmaline from Dana. The tourmaline ring will be silver with accents of green gold. I wanted it based on the katie ring but told JKT to add in whatever design element she wanted- i trust the master. They should be done before the holidays hopefully :appl:

5 of my other projects should be done by Dec 6th- finally it feels like I'm almost at the end of this crazy jeweler setting binge I have been on.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I picked up this pendant from my jeweler's today. Facted rainbow moonstone (I think I got this on auction from Brad at The Gem Trader) set in a double yellow gold 18k bezel with a colorful Sea of Cortez pearl attached. I think it turned out great.

Moonstone Pendant with Pearl.jpg

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock

So file this under "delusional," but I bought this $6 costume ring the other day. I really love the design (brushed fake rose gold) and I'd actually be into having it duplicated someday.

...and I LOVE gazing into the CZs and pretending they are paraibas. They really are the perfect shade irl.

2010-11-22_07.51.37.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

My 3-stone pendant from Daniel M is touched up and looks much better now! It's on its way to me. The others arrived and look great!

il_fullxfull.196226252.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Loving all the new goodies you guys have coming!

I've got this coming, and then the pics for my plan for it.

1986_7_image.jpg

1986_1_image.jpg

lizlorispinel.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

Ooh, Pack, that is so exciting! I can't wait to see what the spinel will be like in the semi-bezel! (Did that spinel come from Freke?)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes it did. Although it hasn't hit the mail just yet...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Packrat - I love the setting you've chosen for the spinel, that will look great. I particularly love the profile. Would you mind sharing the name of the setting seller/designer?

TIA,

-Minou

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

FrekeChild|1290998228|2781400 said:

I wish we could list you as a trusted seller in the sticky :D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Novel|1290998776|2781411 said:
FrekeChild|1290998228|2781400 said:

I wish we could list you as a trusted seller in the sticky :D
I'd need a website for that and a lot more suppliers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results