carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

How was your lanbo4 experience, TL? I've only bought from Prettyjewelery2U.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse|1289451888|2760941 said:

Very good. It has a lot of diamonds, and is not chincy on the gold. Thick shank. The diamonds are very tiny, but they sparkle because they're single cuts, and not frozen spit. I only modified it to a size 8. I'm afraid to do too many customizations with lanb04. Here's a top view with a sapphire in there (I'm not setting the sapphire in there though). I did not upgrade the diamonds.

TLlanbo4sapphire.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Just got confirmation from Dana that I will be getting these coral cabochons. 12mm x 10 mm undyed Phillipine angel skin coral cabochon pair, 7.94 ctw. I jumped the moment I saw these on his site. I can see them in thin 18k yellow gold bezels and set as earrings. I love, love, love cabochon earrings.

22778.jpg

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

myspene.jpg

So... I am still waiting (impatiently) for this 1.13 CT yellow sphene I bought from exportgems on ebay. It's supposed to be here within the next two weeks. I'll still be happy if it is more honey colored (which I suspect it is). I really can't wait! It's my first stone purchase and, if it is worth it, project. I really want a sparkly little Sphene ring for the holidays :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

I want Gary's yellow asscher sapphire soooooooo bad :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: But unfortunately it is out of reach at the moment. Please somebody buy it and take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you? :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

mariedtiger|1289496952|2761683 said:
I want Gary's yellow asscher sapphire soooooooo bad :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: But unfortunately it is out of reach at the moment. Please somebody buy it and take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you? :bigsmile:

Oh my goodness I know- I saw it and I immediately started to think of what could I sell that I have right now to justify it! A girl can dream... ;(

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Oh, I'm drooling so rudely at everybody's goodies. Sarahbear, I've always coveted Diana's pearl/acqua bracelet -- hope you get yours done soon, I'm dying to see photos. Big project, I'm proud of you!

--- Laurie

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got this spinel from Gene about a month ago. It's a fancy round, 2.16 ct , 7.54mm. It's lilac in natural light and pink in incandescent.
It sparkles like crazy and I love it!

pl_9_detail_1.png

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm giving you the narrow side eye until I see pics.

thisvintagehart

Rough_Rock
Trade

baby nurse|1289593148|2763640 said:
I got this spinel from Gene about a month ago. It's a fancy round, 2.16 ct , 7.54mm. It's lilac in natural light and pink in incandescent.
It sparkles like crazy and I love it!

that is stunning, cant wait to see what you do with it!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

packrat|1289595845|2763701 said:
I'm giving you the narrow side eye until I see pics.

Fair enough! I did take some pics this afternoon but I didn't think they turned out that great. I'll post a couple the first chance I get ;)) !

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Babynurse, what a lovely spinel. The cutting is so beautiful, I can't stop staring at it. What are your plans for that puppy?

--- Laurie

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Sigh...seeing all these great Daniel M projects is just killing me! He has 4 of my stones but hasn't started any of my projects yet. I contacted them in early October and bought the Etsy listings on 10/10, so it's been over a month! I'm really starting to get impatient. I thought he would do the projects in the order of the listings...

On the bright side, I'm picking up my locally set rhodolite and rose gold ring tomorrow, and I got my new tsavorite in the mail from Gene today!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

jstarfireb|1289620016|2764018 said:
Sigh...seeing all these great Daniel M projects is just killing me! He has 4 of my stones but hasn't started any of my projects yet. I contacted them in early October and bought the Etsy listings on 10/10, so it's been over a month! I'm really starting to get impatient. I thought he would do the projects in the order of the listings...

On the bright side, I'm picking up my locally set rhodolite and rose gold ring tomorrow, and I got my new tsavorite in the mail from Gene today!
That's a bummer! I completely know how you feel, my JKT stack ring project was pushed back a few months. I underestimated how much it would cost plus Julia is crazy busy. She did say that she was working on it this month so I should have it in a few weeks or so! :bigsmile:

I don't know if you already posted about your projects but I'd like to know what you have in the works. :))

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Thanks! It's just disappointing because one of my favorite aspects of Dan M was their speed. I expected a 1-2 week wait rather than a month. I know they're busy, though. The other thing is that I arbitrarily put a really late finishing date on my Alchemy listing (6 weeks from the date I sent out the stones), thinking that they'd ignore it and just do all the projects in order. Instead, they did a bunch of projects that were put in later than mine because I set a later finishing date. I guess that's my fault, but I just didn't want Etsy to yell at them for being late if I set a date that was too early. I had no idea they'd bump me for projects that were requested much later than mine. ;(

Oh well, not a huge deal, but frustrating. And now I know to set as early a date on my Alchemy listings as possible, within reason.

See page 69 of this thread (near the bottom) for an explanation of all my projects! I have 4 from Dan M, 1 from Kyle Anne, and 1 being set locally.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I got my Dan M and mint garnets in the mail!

I love LOVE my new tourmaline and opal pendant.
I'm a bit disappointed in the bezel star sapphire ring....

I really like the mint garnets. I prefer Barry's cuts, but these are nicely done and the dispersion is excellent.

I'll start a thread with pics tomorrow, it's too late for that stuff today. :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Looking forward to pics MTG! Figures, I'll be gone all day, but gives me something to look forward to when I get home. How's come about the bezel on the star sapph?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

Jstar,

Oh, I see. When I did my Alchemy listing I just left whatever date it already had.

I’m excited to see how your three stone pendant turns out! I love the colors! That color shift spinel is really pretty too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jstar--

Sorry hon, mine are some of the projects that were completed before yours I believe. I always put a 2 week completion date for mine, and they've only missed it once and that was by a day. One thing to keep in mind is that Caren is expecting, so they are crazy busy trying to get things done before Baby M shows up....Regardless that completion date is coming up soon then, right?

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl|1289490457|2761476 said:
Just got confirmation from Dana that I will be getting these coral cabochons. 12mm x 10 mm undyed Phillipine angel skin coral cabochon pair, 7.94 ctw. I jumped the moment I saw these on his site. I can see them in thin 18k yellow gold bezels and set as earrings. I love, love, love cabochon earrings.

FLYGIRL! How did you get those so fast? I check his site everyday, and the one day I skip . . . :nono:

I would LOVE to see those with white pearls dangling beneath them, I have a coral and pearl bracelet, and the colors work together REALLY well.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade|1289621141|2764033 said:
Well, I got my Dan M and mint garnets in the mail!

I love LOVE my new tourmaline and opal pendant.
I'm a bit disappointed in the bezel star sapphire ring....

I really like the mint garnets. I prefer Barry's cuts, but these are nicely done and the dispersion is excellent.

I'll start a thread with pics tomorrow, it's too late for that stuff today. :)

DYING to see the star sapphire set . . . :cheeky:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1289626774|2764099 said:
Jstar--

Sorry hon, mine are some of the projects that were completed before yours I believe. I always put a 2 week completion date for mine, and they've only missed it once and that was by a day. One thing to keep in mind is that Caren is expecting, so they are crazy busy trying to get things done before Baby M shows up....Regardless that completion date is coming up soon then, right?

Oh, it's OK Freke, not your fault! I think some of your orders were put in before mine and some after, anyway, so it makes sense that they did all of yours around the same time. I just expected my projects to be done right after MTG's since we put in our orders at the same time. So it's really hard for me to get excited about everyone's Dan M projects, which are lovely, but they just remind me of how I'm still waiting for mine. I wish I would have known to put an earlier completion date, but I was just worried that they would get yelled at by Etsy if they didn't do it by that date, you know? So my kind gesture ends up getting me bumped. I'm also going to a conference in Phoenix this week, so if they're done and arrive between Wed and Sun, I'll miss them. :((

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

iLander|1289627174|2764103 said:
Fly Girl|1289490457|2761476 said:

FLYGIRL! How did you get those so fast? I check his site everyday, and the one day I skip . . . :nono:

I would LOVE to see those with white pearls dangling beneath them, I have a coral and pearl bracelet, and the colors work together REALLY well.
I check Dana's site fairly often as well, and most of the time nothing has changed, so my eyes just popped when I saw these coral cabs. I had good timing for once, I suppose. I sent him an e-mail immediately with fingers crossed that they hadn't been claimed yet. They will be going into simple 18 k yellow gold bezels, since I !!!HATE!!! heavy earrings. They would be gorgeous with white pearl dangles, but I know I would never, ever wear them due to the weight.

Dana sent me an e-mail that the coral cabs will be arriving on Tuesday, along with a pair of white zircons I had him pull for me a while back. Pictures will be posted when they arrive.

BTW, he has put another stone on sale that I have been watching, but I really don't need... the 3.5 ct pink-red tourmaline on the Remastered page. Some PSer could probably put that to good use. :tongue:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tourmaline_lover|1289455172|2761014 said:
baby nurse|1289451888|2760941 said:

Very good. It has a lot of diamonds, and is not chincy on the gold. Thick shank. The diamonds are very tiny, but they sparkle because they're single cuts, and not frozen spit. I only modified it to a size 8. I'm afraid to do too many customizations with lanb04. Here's a top view with a sapphire in there (I'm not setting the sapphire in there though). I did not upgrade the diamonds.

Thanks, TL. I'm looking for a ring semi-mount for an emerald cut and I have my eye on one of theirs but it would require customization and I don't want any hassles. I was hoping you would say that you had yours customized and it had gone smoothly. Well, I had a good experience with Prettyjewelery2u so I guess I'll stick to them. Too bad LOGR has so little to offer :roll:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thisvintagehart, thank you! It really is a stunning stone. I thought it was pretty in Gene's picture but it looks much better IRL. The color is such a delicate lilac-pink and it sparkles so much! I'm looking forward to wearing this one.

I wanted to mention that your previous avatar was so sweet with the little baby!

JewelFreak, thank you! I'm hoping to set it sometime early 2011. The setting is by Sholdt, white gold with millegrain and tiny diamonds. Love it!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

In the meantime while I'm waiting for the rest of my projects, I picked this up today. Barry 7.5mm rhodolite in a 14k rose gold setting from ebay, set locally. It's way bigger than what I'm used to, but I love it! I still think I'll stick to smaller stones for the most part.

jstar-P1010931.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

"I check Dana's site fairly often as well, and most of the time nothing has changed, so my eyes just popped when I saw these coral cabs. I had good timing for once, I suppose. I sent him an e-mail immediately with fingers crossed that they hadn't been claimed yet. They will be going into simple 18 k yellow gold bezels, since I !!!HATE!!! heavy earrings. They would be gorgeous with white pearl dangles, but I know I would never, ever wear them due to the weight.

Dana sent me an e-mail that the coral cabs will be arriving on Tuesday, along with a pair of white zircons I had him pull for me a while back. Pictures will be posted when they arrive.

BTW, he has put another stone on sale that I have been watching, but I really don't need... the 3.5 ct pink-red tourmaline on the Remastered page. Some PSer could probably put that to good use. :tongue:"

Fly Girl, I like the color combo you're going for with the coral cabs! What shape zircons are you getting? I keep thinking I'd like to get a pair...

I noticed that tourmaline too, but decided to spring for a spinel - surprisingly, it will by my first purchase from Dana.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

cellentani|1289690784|2764932 said:

BTW, he has put another stone on sale that I have been watching, but I really don't need... the 3.5 ct pink-red tourmaline on the Remastered page. Some PSer could probably put that to good use.

Fly Girl, I like the color combo you're going for with the coral cabs! What shape zircons are you getting? I keep thinking I'd like to get a pair...

I noticed that tourmaline too, but decided to spring for a spinel - surprisingly, it will be my first purchase from Dana.

Thanks, Cellentani. I'm pretty sure I'm getting these 6 mm colorless rounds. http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=5852

I reserved them a while back, and Dana got sick right about then, so I waited until I saw another gemstone I just had to have. :twirl:

Which Spinel are you getting?? Is it the Namya Burmese pink-red round? :cheeky:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock

My milgrained amathyst bezel by DanielM is done! Now just to wait impatiently for it to get to Sweden.

It was great working with Caren and Dan. The reason for the pendant was my planned reset, I wanted to see their milgrain in person before taking the plunge. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it! :saint:

The problem is that all my lurking on this board has infected me with gemstone fever, I just want more for every day that goes. I am planning on purchasing some cheapy gemstones to play with and to really check that I don't want all those stunning primary colours. Do you think about 1 carat stones are too small?

ammybezel.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results