Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Thinking about it.....

3018384.jpg

7079483.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Updated List:
1- JKT Ameythst Set (earrings and pendant)- Earrings Complete!
2- 1.85 lavendar spinel from FineWaterGems set into a JKT Katie Ring
3- 4.2 ct pink sapphire (heated) set into JKT pink gold, diamond, and silver ring
4- Bezel set my Peter T asshcer 1.5 ct sunstone is pink gold (local jeweler)- Complete!
5- rose gold and diamond Marrakech Ring by Suzanne Somersall (see actual photo of ring below)- Complete!
6- Pink Tourmline Briolitte Earrings with white gold clover (see photo below) Complete!
7- Matching rose gold Marrakech necklace by Suzanne Somersall
8- DBTY bracelet (haven't decided if I will use my .34ct OEC and have it be it's self or use 5 .10ct= .5ctw)
New Projects:
9-Set Dan Stair pink tourmaline in LOGR double halo setting rose gold- at jeweler
10- Set Gene's rhodolite garnet cushion 6.6x 6.6 into two tone YG/WG legacy setting- at jeweler
11-Set BB's malaya garnet RB 6.0mm into halo setting-at local jeweler
12- Sent 3 stones to Daniel M to set into stud earrings. A pair of yellow quartz 9mm cushions to be bezeled in yellow gold (present for MIL) and a plantinum blue spinel cut by Dana to be set in a basket white gold stud.
13- Not CS related but sent my old wband to BGD to have the diamonds turned into a DBTY bracelet and the white gold melted down to hopefully turn into a comfort fit band.

Now I'm offically done with projects for 2010! DH needs to stop reminding me that we are trying to buy a house. It is getting in the way of my jewelry/ CS habbit!

87PinkEmTrm.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade said:
Thinking about it.....
MTG I saw that ring for sale too. I *almost* pulled the trigger. It is gorgeous and you could get a Leon without acutally having to deal with Leon...that is a major plus in my book! :twirl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear621 said:
MakingTheGrade said:
Thinking about it.....
MTG I saw that ring for sale too. I *almost* pulled the trigger. It is gorgeous and you could get a Leon without acutally having to deal with Leon...that is a major plus in my book! :twirl:

Haha, yeah, I'm seriously considering it...but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The seller and I have been back and forth though and have settled on something reasonable...but I'm still a little hesitant (this is a big purchase in my book!). However, this may be my only chance to own a leon since I personally plan on never working with him after all the stories I've read, but I do love almost every piece of his I've seen.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I like them with the plump brios.
I found this site the other day and bookmarked it for reference; lots of nice brios

http://www.briolettes.com/

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

VapidLapid said:
I found this site the other day and bookmarked it for reference; lots of nice brios

I ordered some rock crystal brios from them back on page 34 of this thread. Very pleased with the product and service.

Love the plump brios, love skinny brios, love just about all brios. :appl:

RockCry81401a.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade said:
Sarahbear621 said:
MakingTheGrade said:
Thinking about it.....

Haha, yeah, I'm seriously considering it...but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The seller and I have been back and forth though and have settled on something reasonable...but I'm still a little hesitant (this is a big purchase in my book!). However, this may be my only chance to own a leon since I personally plan on never working with him after all the stories I've read, but I do love almost every piece of his I've seen.

Well it is gorgeous- keep us updated as to what you decide. I do agree- I love Leon's work but I'm not a big fan of anyone talking down/ condensing towards me. It is a deal breaker. I don't want to have to pay someone so I can walk on eggshells around them. Just not going to happen. Too bad though because some of his pieces are really to die for.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Julia K Taylor is now in the end, end stretch of completing my 5 gem stone bracelet, in Argentium and 18k YG..
its been a bit of a mission - I think it will be almost 12 months total from design inception to completion -
I miss my gemmies, lol ! :lol:

But I can't wait to see what the end product looks like, the progress pics have been super promising - hopefully I will be able to post within a week or so.

....I also see a precision cut tsavorite in my future..... :devil:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl said:
VapidLapid said:

I ordered some rock crystal brios from them back on page 34 of this thread. Very pleased with the product and service.

VL, thanks for posting that link, I love briolettes and had been looking for some for a project.

Fly Girl, that's good to hear that you were happy with your experiences with the company. Did you ever post photos of what you bought from them?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Sarahbear621 said:
MakingTheGrade said:
Sarahbear621 said:
MakingTheGrade said:
Thinking about it.....

Well it is gorgeous- keep us updated as to what you decide. I do agree- I love Leon's work but I'm not a big fan of anyone talking down/ condensing towards me. It is a deal breaker. I don't want to have to pay someone so I can walk on eggshells around them. Just not going to happen. Too bad though because some of his pieces are really to die for.

Wow, that's a gorgeous ring, I can see why you're tempted, MTG. I'll be interested in hearing what you decide to do. Just on principle I don't think I'd be able to commission a piece from Leon Mege, but he sure does gorgeous work!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Aoife said:
Fly Girl said:
VapidLapid said:

VL, thanks for posting that link, I love briolettes and had been looking for some for a project.

Fly Girl, that's good to hear that you were happy with your experiences with the company. Did you ever post photos of what you bought from them?
No photos of the rock crystal outside of this thread. I need to do a thread with my earring drops. Besides the rock crystal brios, I have spess and amethyst brios. A search on "Three RH Amethyst" in the Colored Stones forum will bring up my amethyst thread.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

I love the amethysts, Fly Girl! Briolettes make me happy.... :))

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

I just received Gene's latest ruby. It is 1.0 cts. measures 5.92 mm and is unheated. I haven't gotten a chance to take pictures of it. I have a new camera and don't know how to use the Macro feature!

pl_3_detail_1.png

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Cind11 said:
I just received Gene's latest ruby. It is 1.0 cts. measures 5.92 mm and is unheated. I haven't gotten a chance to take pictures of it. I have a new camera and don't know how to use the Macro feature!

How does it compare IRL to Gene's photo?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cind11 said:

Macro is usually the "flower" feature on most camera models. Is it a Lake Barringo (sp?) ruby? Looking forward to photos!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woah, look at the crown height of the ruby in the reflection. :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

The Winza ruby's colour is to die for, can you see the inclusions with the naked eye?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I think it is gorgeous.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous gorgeous ruby!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

Aoife said:
Cind11 said:

How does it compare IRL to Gene's photo?

I think the color is very close to Gene's photo.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

tourmaline_lover said:
Cind11 said:

Macro is usually the "flower" feature on most camera models. Is it a Lake Barringo (sp?) ruby? Looking forward to photos!

TL, this new camera actually has a touch screen which I still haven't quite figured out. With my old camera, the flower was very easy to find.

The ruby is from Winza, Tanzania.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

Chrono said:
Woah, look at the crown height of the ruby in the reflection. :love:

I like the way the crown looks although since the stone is so tiny it isn't quite as apparent when it isn't magnified like his photo!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

Lovinggems said:
The Winza ruby's colour is to die for, can you see the inclusions with the naked eye?

Thanks! Since I am over 40, I definitely can't see the inclusions with the naked eye haha. Actually, I can't really see them even with my reading glasses on. I need to use my loupe.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

VapidLapid said:
I think it is gorgeous.

Thank you Vapid!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

MakingTheGrade said:
Gorgeous gorgeous ruby!

Thank you MTG! We could put our stones together and it would look like Christmas lol!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Waiting sucks. Daniel M rocks.

Spinel ring done.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

So beautiful Freke! :appl:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

SO pretty....I can't wait to see it on your finger!!!

Lori

Agent P

Rough_Rock

I thought I would add a sneakpeak of the 2.14ct spinel that should be arriving here in the next few days. I am really drawn to the blue gray color and can't wait to see it in person.

spinel-gem-277649b.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results