shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

mochi

Ideal_Rock
FlyGirl, your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 7:54:50 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I sent my star rose quartz cabochon from ACStones (pictures of it are here Link around the middle of the first page) off to be set by Etsy jeweler JanishJewels. She got it yesterday, made the ring this morning, and it is on its way back to me. She reports, ''I was astonished at how beautiful the stone was in the sunlight.'' I''m attaching a picture she provided to me.

All you PSer are great and this forum is wonderful. Special thanks to ma re and Chrono for your encouragement to have this stone set sooner rather than later.
1.gif
I love your ring FlyGirl and I love that it''s pink in yellow gold. I''m so glad I''ve seen this because it looks like the ideal place to send my prehnite. Watch this space ..........

BTW, I am definitely seeing "poils" in the very near future and I''m also having discussions with Lesly Harris ......

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
these are now somewhere internationally to Sally. for a pendant and a ring in SS. I hope it arrives soon enough... and darn it, I thought I took some photoshoot with the loose princess spinel before I shipped it off
15.gif

spinelsterryde00809.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 12:23:15 AM
Author: D&T
these are now somewhere internationally to Sally. for a pendant and a ring in SS. I hope it arrives soon enough... and darn it, I thought I took some photoshoot with the loose princess spinel before I shipped it off
15.gif
These are gorgeous D&T. I especially like the cushion (is it a cushion?). In fact, I found an large oval amethyst today I didn''t know I had. It was in with the pearl earrings and brooch that my Aunt gave me. Must have been my Grandmothers too, she loved amethyst. It''s a large stone with a window the size of a patio door in it, but the colour is lovely. I''ve put it in my gem case for now. I''ll get it weighed and measured in a few weeks. I doubt I will do anything with it because of the window and it doesn''t make any sense to re-cut it. Nonetheless, quite exciting to discover a new stone completely out of the blue!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''re bored, don''t go over to SMTR often, and wanting an eye candy fix, I posted a thread with a new blue spinel ring, all of my oldies but goodies rings, and a new Tiffany pendant. All colored stones of course.

Link

4.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2009 12:49:10 AM
Author: Gailey

Date: 8/8/2009 12:23:15 AM
Author: D&T
15.gif
These are gorgeous D&T. I especially like the cushion (is it a cushion?). In fact, I found an large oval amethyst today I didn''t know I had. It was in with the pearl earrings and brooch that my Aunt gave me. Must have been my Grandmothers too, she loved amethyst. It''s a large stone with a window the size of a patio door in it, but the colour is lovely. I''ve put it in my gem case for now. I''ll get it weighed and measured in a few weeks. I doubt I will do anything with it because of the window and it doesn''t make any sense to re-cut it. Nonetheless, quite exciting to discover a new stone completely out of the blue!
Hey Gailey, its actually a princess cut with clipped corners. Thats exciting to find a new gem- congrats on the Amethyst- what a nice surprise, I wish I had those nice surprises, but sadly I have a very small collection and no gems hiding anywhere not that I know of yet
3.gif
unless DH decides to buy me one
11.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2009 2:11:45 AM
Author: FrekeChild
If you''re bored, don''t go over to SMTR often, and wanting an eye candy fix, I posted a thread with a new blue spinel ring, all of my oldies but goodies rings, and a new Tiffany pendant. All colored stones of course.

Link

4.gif
Freke- love your collection!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So today I got my blue/green tourmaline. The pictures just don''t do it justice, its GORGEOUS and sooooo glowy! Will take pictures as soon as my camera battery recharges.

Oh and it spent its 1st hour in my house in the garbage disposal (long story..literally!!)
19.gif
That glow helped me find it because I was going coocoo trying to locate it.

Also, I pulled the trigger and got this bad boy (thanks for that page TL!) It was a cheap thrill
31.gif
If it looks even close to the picture I''ll be very happy.

-A

arcspheneyum.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian- that looks like a scrumptious gem you got there!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2009 5:37:20 PM
Author: Arcadian
So today I got my blue/green tourmaline. The pictures just don''t do it justice, its GORGEOUS and sooooo glowy! Will take pictures as soon as my camera battery recharges.

Oh and it spent its 1st hour in my house in the garbage disposal (long story..literally!!)
19.gif
That glow helped me find it because I was going coocoo trying to locate it.

Also, I pulled the trigger and got this bad boy (thanks for that page TL!) It was a cheap thrill
31.gif
If it looks even close to the picture I''ll be very happy.

-A

Ooooooh, let us know how you like it when you get it, and please post pics.
36.gif
Very pretty stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
Is that a sphene? It''s gorgeous!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, but small...I think 6.5mm round and under 2ct. According to the seller its Russian, quite green/yellow and pretty. Not as green as the other stuff TL showed but I think decent enough for a 1st time purchase.

If its as pretty in person as the picture, I think I will just have to pay up and have my jeweler set it in a art deco piece I had my eye on.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, small is relative.
9.gif
If it looks as represented, it’s more than a decent stone and certainly worthy of being set if the jeweller is able to handle setting it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my new project with Julia
9.gif
yippee! bought some princess cut light blue sapphires from mulitcolour and the bezel is yellow gold with sterling silver chain.

JUliaKayTbraceletdt0809.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
That bracelet will be beautiful :)

Love the Sphene too-also on my wish list!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T,
That design is so delicate and feminine. Having it 2 tone is really going to stand out too.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 1:28:36 AM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 8/6/2009 5:04:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 8/6/2009 4:22:00 PM

Date: 8/6/2009 4:00:42 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 8/6/2009 3:46:07 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 8/6/2009 3:25:42 PM
This is my first purchase from Peter Torraca. It''s a sweet spessartite (that''s what I call a spessartite with sugar!) from his recent trip to Tanzania. It''s on its way now and I am quite excited as it is my first asscher coloured gemstone.
LTP is going to die of envy when she sees that!!
9.gif
11.gif
Oh yeah, no question about it.
1.gif
Oh no, she won''t. She was the one that inspired me with her amazing asscher collection!
1.gif
How big?
It''s 2.73ct. 7.03 X 7.04mm.

Eeeeeeek! YES, I''m DYING! It''s gorgeous!!!!!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you very much LTP. I have just posted some pictures on another thread. Hope you will enjoy the pics!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m SO excited to see all of the gorgeous pretties on this thread!!!
30.gif

Lori

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought a ring setting.

Price was pretty reasonable and it will have a few adjustments to it. However, here''s the pic as it is.

I really don''t know what I''ll set in it as I have a ton of rocks that would work in there.
28.gif

-A

ringphotoarcdeco.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 10:05:11 AM
Just bought a ring setting.

Price was pretty reasonable and it will have a few adjustments to it. However, here''s the pic as it is.

I really don''t know what I''ll set in it as I have a ton of rocks that would work in there.
28.gif

-A
That''s a beautiful setting!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^ Thanks TL. The little tweaks could take about 3 weeks (oy vey!
6.gif
) I think the wait is really going be worth it as the ring looks to be quite substantial.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2009 2:33:21 PM
^^ Thanks TL. The little tweaks could take about 3 weeks (oy vey!
6.gif
) I think the wait is really going be worth it as the ring looks to be quite substantial.

-A
Yes, don''t you wish you could have your own personal jeweler living with you to do these things. LOL!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just picked up this 1.03 ct, 6mm, well cut square cushion Mali Prehnite off eBay from the Gem Trader for 99 cents.
1.gif
Fortunately Brad was kind and allowed me to waive the required $2 insurance.
20.gif

PrehniteGemTrader.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ok I''m really bad but I just bought something....from the Finewater Flash

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 8:50:42 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Did you get the seafoam blue green one towards the bottom?
7.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 9:07:44 PM
Author: karee888

7.gif

The last one on the page? I did! Good guess! But I''m sorry if you wanted it too!
7.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 9:16:29 PM
Date: 8/14/2009 9:07:44 PM

Author: karee888

7.gif

The last one on the page? I did! Good guess! But I''m sorry if you wanted it too!
7.gif
it''s ok.
7.gif
now you have 2 seafoam stones i greatly covet.

if you don''t like it, i''ll buy it from you!
31.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It looks like all the inexpensive items are all gone at Finewaters. Wish there were more!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Here''re my little baby gems.

Left: 2 Tourmalines from Gem line.
Middle: Demantoid garnet, Gem Line. Malaya and Mali garnet, Barry Bridgestock.
Right: Color change garnet, Precision Gem.

IMG_1115s.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results