shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl- what a fun piece to have. you are rockin and rolling in some new lovelies
36.gif
I totally want to see your collection, I bet you have an amazing collection !

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 4:36:42 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 8/17/2009 7:47:44 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 8/16/2009 5:29:57 AM

Author: Lovinggems

Chrono - are you on Gene's spinel list? Have you managed to buy one yet?

Yup, I sure am. Gene said he’ll be cutting a large Mahenge in the next few days.

ooooooooooohhhhh
31.gif
can't wait to see that one!
I think I'm too far down the line for a large one. Although I've spent my gem budget on demantoid garnets...

I'm getting these cute apatite cabs.
3.gif

They are from Gemline, great people to deal with.

26763.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG,
I thought they were super blue moonstones until I read more carefully. They’ll make a great By The Yard style necklace.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/17/2009 10:29:21 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I finally made a selection from the AC Stones sale. This pendant is a Barbara Smigel design with goldsmith Felipe Sandoval, made of botryoidal carnelian, grossular garnet and honey chalcedony. Barry says it is a really heavy piece due to all the gold.
3.gif
I''ve been looking at carnelian and finally realized I could never put together such a fabulous piece for the price. It should be stunning to own and wear. I can hardly wait.
36.gif
That''s lovely and you are getting it at such a wonderful price when you think about the design, workmanship and the price of metals today.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Need your opinion on this future project. I purchased the twin amethyst on Finewater a couple of days ago. It''s very pretty and sparkly, I can see the arrows at times but for the life of me I can''t capture it on the camera. It''s a lighter purple, more of a lavender, which I was hoping for.

I want to incorporate them like a diamond by the yard type necklace, bezeled with my asscher amethyst by Peter Toccara (which is a darker purple). I don''t want to bezel the asscher due to the fact that it''s much darker so it will be prong sent in a open gallery.

What do you all think...I''m also thinking about rose gold for the metal.

xSSCN7156.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that would look stunning Mochi!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MOCHI!!it will look gorgeous
30.gif
Great idea
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems- I want to swim in this pool
36.gif
of gems you got from Gemline. They look very pretty

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds like it’s going to be lovely. I’m not sure about the rose gold though because it might be too red and there are quite a few alloys from something mild to a strong pink/copper colour. OK, I’ll just admit that I have a weakness for a buttery yellow metal for amethysts.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 5:40:51 AM

Date: 8/17/2009 4:36:42 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 8/17/2009 7:47:44 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 8/16/2009 5:29:57 AM

Chrono - are you on Gene''s spinel list? Have you managed to buy one yet?

Yup, I sure am. Gene said he’ll be cutting a large Mahenge in the next few days.

ooooooooooohhhhh
31.gif
can''t wait to see that one!
I think I''m too far down the line for a large one. Although I''ve spent my gem budget on demantoid garnets...

I''m getting these cute apatite cabs.
3.gif

They are from Gemline, great people to deal with.
What - all of them? Are you making a necklace or a scarf?

Gorgeous btw!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 10:39:31 AM
Author: mochi
Need your opinion on this future project. I purchased the twin amethyst on Finewater a couple of days ago. It''s very pretty and sparkly, I can see the arrows at times but for the life of me I can''t capture it on the camera. It''s a lighter purple, more of a lavender, which I was hoping for.

I want to incorporate them like a diamond by the yard type necklace, bezeled with my asscher amethyst by Peter Toccara (which is a darker purple). I don''t want to bezel the asscher due to the fact that it''s much darker so it will be prong sent in a open gallery.

Gorgeous Mochi, but I like yellow gold, and the richer the better, for amethyst. I''m going to watch your project carefully, I''ve got some 4mm imperial topaz that I was considering DBTY for.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Need your opinion on this future project. I purchased the twin amethyst on Finewater a couple of days ago. It's very pretty and sparkly, I can see the arrows at times but for the life of me I can't capture it on the camera. It's a lighter purple, more of a lavender, which I was hoping for.

I want to incorporate them like a diamond by the yard type necklace, bezeled with my asscher amethyst by Peter Toccara (which is a darker purple). I don't want to bezel the asscher due to the fact that it's much darker so it will be prong sent in a open gallery.

What do you all think...I'm also thinking about rose gold for the metal.
Mochi - Gorgeous stones. I LOVE your pictures.

As others have pointed out, Purple Amethyst and Yellow Gold are meant to be together. Opposite colors on the color wheel, so they make each other pop.

Colorwheel.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I just received two tsavorites from Gene. One is the 1.5 ct. cushion he has on his website which will eventually be a pendant. The other is a 5.04 ct. cushion for a ring. He thought that piece of rough would cut a 4 ct. stone but it ended up being bigger! It is 10mm so it''s quite a large stone. I tried taking pictures of them but my photos are terrible! The big tsavorite looks like a sickly shade of olive green which it isn''t in real life and the smaller one doesn''t look like its true color either. I had talked to Gene about tsavorites back in March and told him I definitely wanted him to be on the lookout for me. Neither of these will be set until next year but I''m looking forward to coming up with ideas!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 5:51:06 PM
Author: Cind11
I just received two tsavorites from Gene. One is the 1.5 ct. cushion he has on his website which will eventually be a pendant. The other is a 5.04 ct. cushion for a ring. He thought that piece of rough would cut a 4 ct. stone but it ended up being bigger! It is 10mm so it''s quite a large stone. I tried taking pictures of them but my photos are terrible! The big tsavorite looks like a sickly shade of olive green which it isn''t in real life and the smaller one doesn''t look like its true color either. I had talked to Gene about tsavorites back in March and told him I definitely wanted him to be on the lookout for me. Neither of these will be set until next year but I''m looking forward to coming up with ideas!
36.gif
Awesome stones, Cindy. Please keep trying with the pictures. A 5 ct cushion tsavorite is worth seeing.
3.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Cind - I can''t tell you how many times I looked at that tsav on Gene''s site, but a 10mm cushion??!! Holy smokes - that''s unbelievable! I''m dying to see some pics of those - keep trying!!!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif

23.gif
YOU OWN A 5.04 CT TSAV?! (where is the fainting emoticon?!) WOW, OH MY GOODNESS, YIKES, I WANNA SEE IT!!
36.gif
30.gif
18.gif
I totally understand the picture showing accurate color(s) frustration so post away anyway.
36.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
36.gif
Oh you HAVE to show us your new stones!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Cind, I'm jealous, and can't wait to see the tsavs! Drooool.

Mochi, I think rose gold sounds wonderful for the amethysts - it'll be a gorgeous necklace. I think I agree with Gailey that yellow might suit it better though - I don't wear yellow so I would go with RG if it were my project, but if you don't have problems with YG, I'd say go that way!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Cind11 - I was eyeing that tsav - I am so glad someone from PS got at. And you have a bigger one????? I really want to see pics. I don''t care if they are fuzzy or not.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 6:44:27 PM
Author: brandy_z28

36.gif

23.gif
YOU OWN A 5.04 CT TSAV?! (where is the fainting emoticon?!) WOW, OH MY GOODNESS, YIKES, I WANNA SEE IT!!
36.gif
30.gif
18.gif
I totally understand the picture showing accurate color(s) frustration so post away anyway.
36.gif

23.gif
23.gif
We wanna see!
36.gif

-A

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
OK, everyone. I usually take pictures with my daughter''s camera because it seems to take better close shots. But her camera was murdering the color. I have never seen such unattractive colors. So early this evening I used my digital on my front porch and also shaded my hand over the stones. I came up with two shots that are fairly close to the right color. They aren''t the best "poses" for the stones but beggars can''t be choosers. I sent the pictures to Gene to see what he thought. He gave me some tips. I am now having camera problems so I don''t know when I''ll be able to post more photos. I will start a thread of their own for the tsavorites.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Mochi your necklace is going to look great!

Thanks D&T and Chrono.

Gailey it''s sold as a parcel, though a gem scarf sounds fun!
9.gif

Cind your tsavorites are beautiful.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Mochi, What a beautiful cut for an amethyst!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 10:35:37 PM
OK, everyone. I usually take pictures with my daughter''s camera because it seems to take better close shots. But her camera was murdering the color. I have never seen such unattractive colors. So early this evening I used my digital on my front porch and also shaded my hand over the stones. I came up with two shots that are fairly close to the right color. They aren''t the best ''poses'' for the stones but beggars can''t be choosers. I sent the pictures to Gene to see what he thought. He gave me some tips. I am now having camera problems so I don''t know when I''ll be able to post more photos. I will start a thread of their own for the tsavorites.
I want to see the 5ct tsav too! How about posting Gene''s pictures for a start?

I just saw that Gene posted new gemmies too and they are all gone! Who bought the new goodies?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock

Mochi, they are very pretty. However, I will choose not to incorporate the rounds with the asscher. The asscher is a true stunner that deserves its own undivided attention!

Having seen all the asscher photos, I think my favourite asscher cutter has to be Peter. His asschers are not just another square step cut, I find that I can get lost looking in his asschers and the hall of mirror effect on his asscher is more pronounced than on other cutters''. Your amethyst asscher is really beautiful.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2009 3:11:04 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Thank you D&T for pointing it out else I would never have seen it as I don''t visit RT. I have just responded to her.
no prob anytime
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 9:15:27 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Cind11 - I was eyeing that tsav - I am so glad someone from PS got at. And you have a bigger one????? I really want to see pics. I don''t care if they are fuzzy or not.

I was debating it in my mind too, Ltl. Buuuuuuut... wanted bigger
9.gif
Sounds like cind got the best of both worlds
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I snapped up this 7 ct lavender Oregon Holley Blue chalcedony cabochon off of etsy this morning for $19 including shipping. If it looks half as good in person as it does in this picture, I am going to be a happy camper.

Vendor''s comments: "Excellent all over polish; gorgeous silvery lavender tones with a lovely incandescent effect! Great-hard to find-quality! Flat bottom and domed top." The cab is 15mm L X 11.5mm W; 5.5 mm thick.

il_430xN_86094884.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results