shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

I have been so taken with my new blue chalcedony drops that I'm considering having more chalcedony pieces made. Here are 10 color matched green stones from Rick Martin that arrived today. My designer is out of town until Tuesday, but I'm thinking of a pendant, bracelet, ring and earrings suite. These chrysoprase cabochons are from Australia. They look pretty sweet to me.
3.gif

Crysoprase from Rick.JPG

You''re on a roll, Fly Girl!!
36.gif
Hey, did you get your Mahenge spinel yet? I can''t tell you how many times I flip-flopped on that one!

Date: 8/6/2009 8:19:01 PM
Author: cellentani
You''re on a roll, Fly Girl!!
36.gif
Hey, did you get your Mahenge spinel yet? I can''t tell you how many times I flip-flopped on that one!
Yep, I sure am on a roll. And, the big local art fair begins tomorrw (only the State Fair has a bigger draw here), so who knows what I''ll find there.
11.gif

I''ve been wondering about the Mahenge as well. Not here yet, but it should arrive any day.
1.gif

Well, good news and bad news for me: unfortunately, the general concensus is that my previously-thought white topaz is actually a cz
8.gif
, but the good news is that I''m getting a new, cushion cut white topaz. The cutter said that in indirect sunlight it''s silvery, but in direct sunlight it''s light blue with violet tones, and he''s never seen anything like it in a natural, untreated gem. I feel like a kid before Christmas and can''t wait to see it!!

Date: 8/6/2009 9:08:16 PM
Well, good news and bad news for me: unfortunately, the general concensus is that my previously-thought white topaz is actually a cz
8.gif
, but the good news is that I''m getting a new, cushion cut white topaz. The cutter said that in indirect sunlight it''s silvery, but in direct sunlight it''s light blue with violet tones, and he''s never seen anything like it in a natural, untreated gem. I feel like a kid before Christmas and can''t wait to see it!!

Oh that sounds gorgeous! Can''t wait to see it!

Date: 8/6/2009 9:08:16 PM
8.gif
Likewise!! Sounds both awesome and very beautiful, cellentani!
36.gif

Date: 8/6/2009 7:27:07 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I have been so taken with my new blue chalcedony drops that I''m considering having more chalcedony pieces made. Here are 10 color matched green stones from Rick Martin that arrived today. My designer is out of town until Tuesday, but I''m thinking of a pendant, bracelet, ring and earrings suite. These chrysoprase cabochons are from Australia. They look pretty sweet to me.
3.gif
Those are soooo pretty. Love the bright colors!

Date: 8/6/2009 4:00:42 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 8/6/2009 3:46:07 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 8/6/2009 3:25:42 PM
Author: simplysplendid
This is my first purchase from Peter Torraca. It''s a sweet spessartite (that''s what I call a spessartite with sugar!) from his recent trip to Tanzania. It''s on its way now and I am quite excited as it is my first asscher coloured gemstone.
LTP is going to die of envy when she sees that!!
9.gif
11.gif
Oh yeah, no question about it.
1.gif
It''s 2.73 ct. 7.03 X 7.04mm.

Date: 8/6/2009 5:04:21 PM

Date: 8/6/2009 4:22:00 PM

Date: 8/6/2009 4:00:42 PM

Date: 8/6/2009 3:46:07 PM

This is my first purchase from Peter Torraca. It''s a sweet spessartite (that''s what I call a spessartite with sugar!) from his recent trip to Tanzania. It''s on its way now and I am quite excited as it is my first asscher coloured gemstone.
LTP is going to die of envy when she sees that!!
9.gif
11.gif
Oh yeah, no question about it.
1.gif
Oh no, she won''t. She was the one that inspired me with her amazing asscher collection!
1.gif
How big?
It''s 2.73ct. 7.03 X 7.04mm.

Oops, sorry for the double post..

Well, you must post pictures when you get it!! Nice size on that one.

I''m dying to see both the Mahenge and the asscher cut spessartite. Both are going to be gorgeous!

I will try my best to take pictures. My apologies for the lack of pictures for the many gemstones that I have purchased. Ever since I had children, I hired a live-in domestic helper so I haven''t really had the chance to take pictures of my jewelry and gemstones as I don''t want to attract the wrong kind of attention. I will try to see what I can do..

I understand. With my children around, I can’t take any pictures either because the stones are liable to be lost or damaged with curious little fingers around

I fell in love with this. Its a tiny one but I love that 2 tone color. I don''t have it yet but when I do I''ll have a photoshoot.

-A

afgantourmalinearc.jpg

Very pretty, Arcadian - I like the 2-tone also. I think it gives it a little depth and interest, especially since it''s more dispersed, and not half one color, half another color.

Date: 8/7/2009 10:40:20 AM
Author: Arcadian
I fell in love with this. Its a tiny one but I love that 2 tone color. I don''t have it yet but when I do I''ll have a photoshoot.

-A
Love the 2 tone color as well. Where did you get this?

I got it from Gemline. I have a stacker project in mind for it, but will have to see it when I get it home.

-A

Date: 8/7/2009 11:33:33 AM
I got it from Gemline. I have a stacker project in mind for it, but will have to see it when I get it home.

-A
I was wondering who got that one! Please post lots of pics when you get it!

I picked this one up.

32546.jpg

Date: 8/7/2009 11:43:51 AM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 8/7/2009 11:33:33 AM

-A
I was wondering who got that one! Please post lots of pics when you get it!

I picked this one up.
Oh yum!
18.gif
I like that one as well! I had also considered it, but fell in love with the other one first.

-A

-A
Very nice color on that tourmaline. Don''t you wish it was as big as the picture?
3.gif

Date: 8/7/2009 2:36:06 PM

-A
Very nice color on that tourmaline. Don''t you wish it was as big as the picture?
3.gif
Don’t we all wish our entire collection of gemstones is as large as the vendor’s pictures?
31.gif

Date: 8/7/2009 3:31:25 PM

-A

3.gif

Don’t we all wish our entire collection of gemstones is as large as the vendor’s pictures?
31.gif

If they were I''d have hand cramps from holding it all day
9.gif

-A

Date: 8/7/2009 6:51:26 PM

Date: 8/7/2009 3:31:25 PM

-A

3.gif

31.gif

If they were I''d have hand cramps from holding it all day
9.gif

-A
Not me
31.gif

I sent my star rose quartz cabochon from ACStones (pictures of it are here Link around the middle of the first page) off to be set by Etsy jeweler JanishJewels. She got it yesterday, made the ring this morning, and it is on its way back to me. She reports, "I was astonished at how beautiful the stone was in the sunlight." I''m attaching a picture she provided to me.

All you PSer are great and this forum is wonderful. Special thanks to ma re and Chrono for your encouragement to have this stone set sooner rather than later.
1.gif

FlyGirlsStarRoseQuartz.jpg

That''s a lovely ring Flygirl. Is that a hammered shank?

Date: 8/7/2009 9:06:50 PM
That''s a lovely ring Flygirl. Is that a hammered shank?
Thanks, TL. The stone is set with a 22k gold bezel and a 2mm wide 14k yellow gold hammered shank. She backed the cab with pure fine silver, which is not supposed to tarnish (I hope). It is her Daria style ring. Link The silver backing is probably responsible for the terrific light return in the sun.
10.gif

Fly Girl Beautiful Ring! love your taste!

Oh Fly Girl!!!
30.gif
Gorgeous ring!!

Date: 8/7/2009 7:54:50 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I sent my star rose quartz cabochon from ACStones (pictures of it are here Link around the middle of the first page) off to be set by Etsy jeweler JanishJewels. She got it yesterday, made the ring this morning, and it is on its way back to me. She reports, ''I was astonished at how beautiful the stone was in the sunlight.'' I''m attaching a picture she provided to me.

All you PSer are great and this forum is wonderful. Special thanks to ma re and Chrono for your encouragement to have this stone set sooner rather than later.
1.gif

Oh FLy Girl, that is sooooooooooooo gorgeous, I absolutely love that!!!!!!!!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP