shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

MTG and Chrono I can't wait to see your 3 stone rings!!!!!!!! I have wanted to do a colored stone 3 stone since I saw AJ's way back in the day. I'm pretty sure her's was made by JKT and I'm still in love with it!

FlyGirl- My heart litterally went pitter patter when I saw your picture! Post more!!!

As for me I have something in the works with Jeff White. Something that will be a pretty emerald cut for an art deco ring. :bigsmile:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Fly girl- can't wait to see your bracelet. I've been feeling the "need" for some type of leather bracelet, so I'll be interested in seeing how yours turns out.

MTG and Chrono- I'll be looking forward to seeing your rings.

As for me, Mike R. has just started my pink diamond setting. Progress pictures have just started to come in. I'm pretty excited about how it's coming along!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear - no teaser pictures? Not even a picture of the rough?
Pink Jewel - no teaser pictures of the progress pictures?

You ladies are just too mean. :nono: :bigsmile: You come along to say you have "this and this" in the works, then skip off without any pictures.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Oh hey looky what i figured out how to do :)

_3882.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That looks awesome, Davi! Hard to believe that's a blue spinel! I can't wait for your pics when you have that in hand. Really, really handsome ring - in fact I like it better with the spinel due to the greater contrast.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

It's definitely a shifter blue to purple. I just happen to be in a to be in a total cushion craze right now and couldn't pass up a pretty safe gamble on a cheap spinel that would fit nicely (ie minimal tweaking) into my current setting. I had thought of swapping out the stone and then this stone pushed me over the edge.

Here's a link to Tan's listing... http://www.ebay.com/itm/251208515202?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1361401042|3385730 said:

You ladies are just too mean. :nono: :bigsmile: You come along to say you have "this and this" in the works, then skip off without any pictures.

Sorry no teaser pictures as we haven't picked the rough yet. Unfortunately I missed him on his way out to the Tucson so he wasn't able to buy exactly what I wanted so he is going through his older stuff. I hope to have something nailed down soon.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear,
You know you aren't off the hook yet, right? I know JW will send you pictures of its progress (before vs after) so we'll be waiting for those. :cheeky:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1361401042|3385730 said:

Chrono, I will start a thread on my setting soon. Mike is away for a week or so- so I won't have anymore pics for awhile. I will say that mine is not the typical PS setting- it's more about an art piece than a setting for a stone.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pinkjewel, now that we know who is making your piece, we are going to be checking in with you oh so regularly and chomping at the bit! I cannot wait to what will undoubtedly be a total work of art.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1361477806|3386705 said:
Pinkjewel, now that we know who is making your piece, we are going to be checking in with you oh so regularly and chomping at the bit! I cannot wait to what will undoubtedly be a total work of art.

OK,OK- here is the first picture I've been sent of Mike working diligently on my ring!! :naughty:

php0w956tpm.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel|1361480679|3386789 said:
minousbijoux|1361477806|3386705 said:

OK,OK- here is the first picture I've been sent of Mike working diligently on my ring!! :naughty:

Pardon my language, but Crap! I saw that you had posted again and came back hoping that you would've posted a pic with more of a clue! You meanie, you! :roll: :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

davi_el_mejor|1361451464|3386305 said:
It's definitely a shifter blue to purple. I just happen to be in a to be in a total cushion craze right now and couldn't pass up a pretty safe gamble on a cheap spinel that would fit nicely (ie minimal tweaking) into my current setting. I had thought of swapping out the stone and then this stone pushed me over the edge.

Here's a link to Tan's listing... http://www.ebay.com/itm/251208515202?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I am totally in a cushion phase right now too! I love them, just love them. David, you are definitely the bargain hunter extraordinaire. I have seen you purchase inexpensive stones again and again and you make finding good color and saturation look pretty easy. Stop it. Its just not fair to the rest of us! As to your stone, I never in a million years would have bought that stone and thought it would end up looking the color in your jeweler's photo. Amazing. **bowing and scraping at Davi's feet**

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

I got my tsavorite melee today and it is so pretty--it sparkles like mad. It has a bit of a blue component in indoor light, I am a bit worried it is tourmaline instead of tsavorite! I will post pictures later

Now to find a tsavorite center stone that is as sparkly and that I can afford!

If I use the melee and each stone is 2.4 mm, what size stone do you think I need to have to make the melee not look silly? I want to do an all tsavorite ring, I think it would be interesting. And this ring will be a gift to me on finishing my dissertation which is on Irish music, so hence the green....

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

erinl|1361494082|3387094 said:
I got my tsavorite melee today and it is so pretty--it sparkles like mad. It has a bit of a blue component in indoor light, I am a bit worried it is tourmaline instead of tsavorite! I will post pictures later

Now to find a tsavorite center stone that is as sparkly and that I can afford!

If I use the melee and each stone is 2.4 mm, what size stone do you think I need to have to make the melee not look silly? I want to do an all tsavorite ring, I think it would be interesting. And this ring will be a gift to me on finishing my dissertation which is on Irish music, so hence the green....

Yay! I'm not very good at design or visualizing sizes, but I imagine 5mm or above would look fine? It probably also depends on what sort of design you had in mind. Or alternatively, what budget you're thinking of to work with since I imagine that the custom setting for this won't be cheap given the melee....

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

The melee are 5 pointers, I was thinking I might be able to find a setting that the tsavorite melee could replace a standard diamond melee? Hopefully I won't need a custom setting?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Minou :D You'd be surprised at what bargains are out there if you have the heart for it :D

Pinky- Mike is a genius! Can't wait to see what you guys have come up with!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Erin,
Why the concern they might be tourmaline instead of tsavorite? If they sparkle like mad, you are more likely to have garnets, not tourmalines.

PinkJewel,
The torch picture will do for now as I'm a bit of a pyro myself but you know it won't be enough for long. :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Davi, you must have ESP. That stone looks gorgeous in your setting & gorgeous anyway. I would never ever have figured it from Tan's photos. It makes such a knockout ring, I can't stand it!! How do you know, Bargain Guru?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak|1361539349|3387497 said:
Davi, you must have ESP. That stone looks gorgeous in your setting & gorgeous anyway. I would never ever have figured it from Tan's photos. It makes such a knockout ring, I can't stand it!! How do you know, Bargain Guru?

This. If you weren't so nice, we'd have to be really, really jealous. :mrgreen:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

That blue spinel looks like a sapphire. Nice.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

David: Has your ring arrived yet? Can we see hand shots, please oh please? I am dying to see what it looks like irl. Thanks.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Human Blood Red

humanbloodred.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VL,
Did your brick from Down Under ever arrive?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

no carnelian. seems to be quite lost. last tracked leaving Brisbane for US. No record of it arriving so far. Australia Post and USPS are "liaising", or they have been for the last three weeks.
That human blood red stone is a rough TZ spinel of 8 carat, and unusually well shaped. Obviously that photo technique is somewhat sleight of hand, But it is red like that even when not backlit through flesh.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

minousbijoux|1362345767|3395381 said:
David: Has your ring arrived yet? Can we see hand shots, please oh please? I am dying to see what it looks like irl. Thanks.

_4268.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Minou :D

diamondandspinel_023.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

More purpley :D

diamondandspinel_022.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

my photos are pretty sheet right now... if the sun decides play sometime this year I'll be out doing it better... but for now... it is what it is

The new and evicted tenants :lol:

diamondandspinel_007.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks great - clearly meant to be! What does it do in bright light, does it brighten up even more or does it become shyer and black out a bit? I now officially love that ring. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results