shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

the sun was out yesterday, but I was totally rushed for my dental appt so I didn't have time to really take good photos. But this is what it does in full sun

_4270.jpg

_4271.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

A possible candidate for my art deco ring

pink_tourm.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh, Sarahbear, that looks like a lovely colour! What shape? I've missed where you talk about an art deco ring project, but look forward to seeing how it progresses!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Sarah! YUMMMMMMMMMM can't wait to see this finished

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just knowing its from Jeff and I say "yummmm!"

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

...and how rude of me! Davi: you hit a home run with that stone. There is no way I would've thought that the photos/video Tan showed would turn out to be half as lovely as it is. Very well done.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

It is going to be a fatty emerald cut if this is what I decide on. I want to down the road make a similar ring to my inspiration piece which is pictured below. Or I might do diamond EC sides for a 3 stone. It sort of depends on price quotes as well as how large an EC this cuts. But the big factor is recycling projects. I have some diamond rings that I'm trying to recycle that have been given to me. In the past I have rushed into projects and not loved the outcome. They aren't really me and as a result you have seen lots of my stuff listed on LT/ DB. So I have slowed down and really tried to make heirloom pieces that are more my style that I will wear for a lifetime (and hopefully my daughter will love when I'm gone).

1344466055_30_1_4971__1_of_5_0.jpg

xxx_145_1333216381_2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I picked up my chrysoprase necklace portion of the project I mentioned two pages ago in this thread. I had forgotten to photograph this Sherris Cottier Shank chyrsoprase carving pre-setting, but here it is set. The design is by T Lee of Minneapolis and the stone is set in 18 kt yellow gold with a brushed palladium ring. I had a necklace with chrysoprase and vermiel accents made to wear with the pendant. The bracelet should be ready in a week.

pendant_4755.jpg

pendant_4763.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl- that turned out really pretty!!! :appl: :appl: I love most T. Lee designs I've seen and like how she mixes her metals. Any neck shots coming? Also looking forward to seeing your bracelet.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

pinkjewel|1362828923|3400493 said:
Fly Girl- that turned out really pretty!!! :appl: :appl: I love most T. Lee designs I've seen and like how she mixes her metals. Any neck shots coming? Also looking forward to seeing your bracelet.
Thank you so much, pinkjewel.

My chyrsoprase suite is finished. Most of the photos are in Colored Stones. I have posted neckshots in Pearls.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chrysoprase-green-stones-for-spring.186954/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chrysoprase-green-stones-for-spring.186954/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-and-chrysoprase-necklace.186953/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pearl-and-chrysoprase-necklace.186953/[/URL]

Enjoy!!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Just because :D

_4763.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

Specs Davi?? :naughty: :naughty:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Oh Davi - so beautiful! How do you get anything done all day?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

erinl|1364072378|3411890 said:
Specs Davi?? :naughty: :naughty:
Top L-R = Green zircon, chrysoberyl, tourmaline, tourmaline, iolite, demantoid
Middle = rubellite, umbalite garnet, spinel, demantoid, aquamarine
Bottom = spess, tourmaline, zircon, hessonite

Rosebloom- I don't... I'm still in my pj's :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its just so darn pretty. Love all the colors.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Finally won a goodie from gene. The new rubellite!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade said:
Lucky ducky! Beat me to it. :) can't wait to see your pictures!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom|1364174659|3412627 said:
MakingTheGrade said:
Lucky ducky! Beat me to it. :) can't wait to see your pictures!

I just saw that one, it's beautiful!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can't wait to see the new rubellite thread! And Davi, you have enough stones of various colours to make a rainbow "string" of gems in your case.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm excited to see it!
Posting gene's photo here for future reference :)

"1.84 ct. A very nice color Rubellite Tourmaline from Africa, cut in a concave cut round. The stones is 7.539 mm. The color on this holds in any light with out any brown tones. This color tourmaline is difficult to come by, then add the concave cut, and it's a special stone."

I asked him why he gave the color 9/10 instead of 10/10, and he said because it wasn't neon.

26_rubellite_tourmaline.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

Saw it, it was sold, now i know ;-) it looks really bright!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nice. I just wish I liked concave cut stones. :((

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

That's ok---that leaves more for the rest of us. Genes concaves are really nice....I have the last (Concave) Aqua that he cut. Its really nice in Lower RI material :D I'd like to have a Richard Homer one day, too.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChrisA222|1364245663|3413146 said:
That's ok---that leaves more for the rest of us. Genes concaves are really nice....I have the last (Concave) Aqua that he cut. Its really nice in Lower RI material :D I'd like to have a Richard Homer one day, too.

I know, right?!! Hey, you've helped me to understand that there is a range of tastes when it comes to stones and helped me to broaden my perspectives, so maybe there's hope for me and concaves as well! There was a concave that Gene cut recently that I really liked...it might have even been your aqua, or maybe a tanzanite?

Edited to make sense :praise:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My grandmother had to move to full-time assisted living in her retirement center, and my mom and aunts cleaned out her rooms and had a box of stuff they thought was junk. I spied a ring that was covered in crud but looked authentically antique, and took it home and cleaned it up. Look what I found underneath!

I don't know if this violates any sort of policy because I don't KNOW what it is yet, but if it's not real it's certainly the most exquisitely crafted costume piece I've ever seen. I'll be taking it to the jeweler later this week to have him take a look. Also, the tiny accent stones are french cuts and itty bitty old round cuts.

photo__1__5.jpg

(Pictured with my engagement ring just because.)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1364242337|3413102 said:
Nice. I just wish I liked concave cut stones. :((
I've actually never seen one so in excited!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Soooo I couldn't wait to see if my random ring find was really platinum and sapphire like I suspected, so I took it to the jeweler while running errands. They did their testing magic and it is indeed platinum and sapphire. While obviously the gem tester can't tell us if it's natural sapphire, they too thought it probably was because the two main ones are substantially different colors (never shows up in pics as well as in real life but one looks navy blue with bright blue flashes while the other looks black with navy flashes) and given the wearing away of the metal, the facet wear is rather minimal. They too liked the wee baby old mine cuts. They didn't think it needed any repairs to be wearable but the owner got pulled away right as I was asking that question so I left it for him to look at and rebuild prongs as needed. And to CLEAN. There is still brown gunk crusted all over it, especially on the undersides of the diamonds (I soaked it and scrubbed it but evidently it needs a lot more than that). You can see some of it in the pictures, for which I am truly sorry (it's all stuck in the filigree and around the diamonds, if you care to look).

Not bad for a "destined for the trash" find, eh?

photo__4__3.jpg

photo__3__7.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

What a great find! What a tragedy if it had been thrown in the trash. Post after-cleaning pics too, ok?

Davi, your stones are a feast for the eyes & a delight! Wish I could manage to get such good pics of so many different ones all at once. Love seeing them all playing nice together.

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Distracts, what a lovely find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results