color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Arkteia|1354157275|3317972 said:
Yes, thank you! But given the size...an ear stud or a navel piercing? =) what do you think?

One each - one for the ear and one for the navel. :naughty:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Chrono|1354210693|3318402 said:
Arkteia|1354157275|3317972 said:
Yes, thank you! But given the size...an ear stud or a navel piercing? =) what do you think?

One each - one for the ear and one for the navel. :naughty:
Absolutely agree :naughty: :lol: Wonderful, stunning colour on that mahenge Arkteia - they both deserve to be set.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Chrono and Starzin! Chrono, it will be a nose ring, a navel piercing, and, to finish "total rejuvenation", a tattoo on my arm, with a certain, very beautiful pear-shaped Maheng. A vignettes around it would say, "this Mahenge stole my heart". The whole setup would look beatiful in the summertime... :lol: :lol: what do you think?

Starzin, the stone is so-o pretty and so-o small ...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ark,
I never realized the true you was this wild. :-o :bigsmile: And remember, size isn't everything. :devil:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Arkteia|1354287353|3319229 said:
Thank you, Chrono and Starzin! Chrono, it will be a nose ring, a navel piercing, and, to finish "total rejuvenation", a tattoo on my arm, with a certain, very beautiful pear-shaped Maheng. A vignettes around it would say, "this Mahenge stole my heart". The whole setup would look beatiful in the summertime... :lol: :lol: what do you think?

:lol: Give in to your wild side Arkteia - let out the inner you!! :lol:

You didn't say how big they were...would you wear a bangle? One that's maybe fine but half round profile, oval shaped and open at the back so it sits right and doesn't twist around so the stones don't bang on the desk or anything. Then you could set them both in it (gypsy set?) and add more little beauties that stole your heart as you collected them.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Starzin|1354307613|3319502 said:
Arkteia|1354287353|3319229 said:

:lol: Give in to your wild side Arkteia - let out the inner you!! :lol:

You didn't say how big they were...would you wear a bangle? One that's maybe fine but half round profile, oval shaped and open at the back so it sits right and doesn't twist around so the stones don't bang on the desk or anything. Then you could set them both in it (gypsy set?) and add more little beauties that stole your heart as you collected them. Most of these could be claw set if you wished - you could also add maybe a chrysoberyl or tsav
http://www.angeladanieljewellery.com/p/932/bezel-set-diamond-bangle

http://www.stavrakisjewelers.com/bracelets2.html

http://www.crysobel.com/thecollection/product_050.html

angeladanieljewellery-3stone-bangle.png

stavrakisjewelers-3-stone-hinged.png

hinged-bangle-w-dia.jpg

crysobel-stack-bangles.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

...or square ones

Or what about this? Could be hammered with claw set stones on top. Could be set E-W in a bangle.

crysobel-square-hammered-gem-bangle.jpg

bezel-dia-bangle.jpg

oval-tiny-stones.jpg

gold-wire-bangle.jpg

GregS

Brilliant_Rock

Nevermind...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono, look at your avatar, please! :D Stole my heartand bit me with that bug...
Starzin, what great ideas! I shall make photos of an antique bracelet I have and ask your ideas ...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sapphire!

_2178.jpg

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

Here are my two latest projects.

1) 1 carat Burma heated ruby (from Gemfix) in a BG fishtail white gold ring. (Picture taken by Brian Gavin's company).

bgrubyring.jpg

2) 2 carat light peach/pink topaz (from Precision Gems) in a BG 14K rose gold ring. (Picture taken by Brian Gavin's company).

topazring.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Here are my latest treasures! I got a PhotoJoJo macro lens for my phone (similar to an Olloclip but works for Droids), so I can take much better pics now!

img_20121209_130442.jpg

img_20121222_170607.jpg

img_20121222_170536.jpg

img_20121222_170801.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry about your ring but thankful that both are undamaged and still in your possession. I had to stop wearing my jade earring 2 days ago because I was able to move it around in the setting. One loose prong and one slightly damaged prong (too many fights with the towel). A good reminder to always check the security of the stone and setting during our usual daily cleaning session.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep - when I noticed my sweater was catching on the prongs I should have stopped wearing it even though it wasn't moving around and seemed to be held as tightly as usual. Some part of me was picking up on something "off" though. I'll know for next time!

(Also, the number of times now that I have done the foil trick to see if my stone would look okay in a bezel is sickening. BUT BEZELING IT WOULD BE SAFER. But I don't wanna - I dislike bezeled cushions.)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know what you mean about bezels; not all stones are candidates or look good. How about tab prongs or double prongs? A semi bezel?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think double prongs will go best with my setting so that's what I'm pursuing. I've emailed and called several PS vendors. My ring is cast but I'm hoping my new prongs can be hand forged and lasered on since now I'm super-worried about durability. We'll see what the jewelers say though!

I was actually pretty surprised that my stone's color doesn't seem to be much different when "bezeled." I thought for sure wrapping it in foil would significantly darken it but I couldn't really notice anything except a tad at the edges.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Hope you can get double prongs on that. More appealing w/that stone than bezeling imho. Such a pretty pair-- stone & setting. Thank heaven you didn't lose the sapphire, whew! Always my big worry since I lost a beautiful tourmeline years ago when the prongs were loose, I took it to my (now ex-) jeweler who assured me it was perfectly safe. :angryfire: I hate to see it happen to anybody else! Let us know what you find out about double prongs!

--- Laurie

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Please excuse the fingerprints. Little sapphire recently acquired. Initially thought it might be too dark for my taste, but MAN, the colour!!!

img_4427.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB|1356830289|3342533 said:
Please excuse the fingerprints. Little sapphire recently acquired. Initially thought it might be too dark for my taste, but MAN, the colour!!!

Well that says it all right there! :appl: :appl: :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't know what project to work on next. What is a girl to do?!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Make a LIST Freke, I love lists and I love to see your project thoughts.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup, that's how I felt about my sapphire trillion! Totally got over the trickiness of settin it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

packrat|1357255718|3346746 said:

Yup if you go back in this thread to 2 years ago you will see how I used to make lists :naughty: However it might have been a big waste of money as I think I have sold off a good portion of those projects as I never wore them :nono: :nono:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ask and you shall receive.

1. diamond band - already in the works***
2. 5 stone ring
3. Tsavorite necklace
4. tsavorite ring
5. Mahenge solitaire
6. Lavender sapphire solitaire
7. Set blue solitaire in 6 prong setting - already in the works***
8. tsavorite band
9. red spinel band
10. Big Blue ring???
11. Periwinkle supernova ring
12. tsavorite earring drops
13. Merelani Mint ring?
14. 3 stone purple spinel ring
15. Blue cushion spinel necklace

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had a dream last night that I had a 10+ carat mahenge spinel of the most beautiful color ever. It was kind of a wonky native cushion cut and I found two big OMC cushions that looked good with it and made a ginormous three-stone ring. In rose gold, for some reason (even though in the dream I kept wondering if rose gold would clash with the hot pink of the spinel, but then I went for it anyway). Anyway when I woke up I was really sad that it wasn't real life.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Don't you hate those kinds of dreams?!

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock

FrekeChild|1357322256|3347305 said:
Ask and you shall receive.

1. diamond band - already in the works***
2. 5 stone ring
3. Tsavorite necklace
4. tsavorite ring
5. Mahenge solitaire
6. Lavender sapphire solitaire
7. Set blue solitaire in 6 prong setting - already in the works***
8. tsavorite band
9. red spinel band
10. Big Blue ring???
11. Periwinkle supernova ring
12. tsavorite earring drops
13. Merelani Mint ring?
14. 3 stone purple spinel ring
15. Blue cushion spinel necklace

I've love to see Big Blue in a new home! but I'm such a sucker living vicariously through you and all your spinel projects! :)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock

OK, so I don't have a pic, but I'm still excited! I just got two more pink diamonds for my graduated pinks stacking band project. Only four more to go! It does take a while to accumulate pinks, so I'm really pleased whenever I get some. Oh, and they're five pointers.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

It looks beautiful. Can you tell us from which vendor you bought it? I think it's hard to find good colored smaller stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results