shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you use an Ultrasonic Cleaner to often?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Tacori E-ring! I didn''t realized it would be that small...I guess I should''ve checked out the measurements
34.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: kaleigh
I bought my SI ultrasonic just as ame did, I was more then happy to buy a refurbished one from the SI outlet. I''ll let ya know how I like it.
2.gif
LOL...You too, Kaleigh???

I just bought two refurbished ones: one for me, and one for my DIL for Xmas!
9.gif

Has anyone counted and figured out how many sales have been made thanks to our PS "herd mentality"??

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baaaaaaa! Baaaaaa!!!
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2005 11:06:53 PM
Author: widget

I bought my SI ultrasonic just as ame did, I was more then happy to buy a refurbished one from the SI outlet. I''ll let ya know how I like it.
2.gif
Has anyone counted and figured out how many sales have been made thanks to our PS ''herd mentality''??

widget
I bet SI is shaking its head wondering why all of a sudden there is such an increase in the sales of these little refurb units
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone beside me and Kaliegh go through the SI outlet? How long did it take to get it from when you ordered?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
I ordered mine through the outlet. ordered it 9-29-05. I tracked the package and it''s set to arrive 10-05-05.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I will get mine next week, but am little afraid of putting my new asscher ring in it. I guess the jury is still out on that issue..... Got to love those outlet prices, thanks ame
31.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I bought mine from the outlet site for SI on 09/26 and still haven''t received it yet. Although, the pillow that I ordered on the same day arrived 2 days ago. I''m hoping to see mine today when I get home.

ludik

Rough_Rock
I ordered a refurb from SI/ebay yesterday. Im always hounding my fiance to clean her ring LOL. She never does.. I think this surprise will make us both happy.
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got an email saying mine shipped so hopefully I get it within the next week.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I followed the PS herd and bought one as well
9.gif

I wanted to buy it from the Sharper Image Outlet store, but since last week the price has gone up from $39.99 to $69.99
6.gif
I think the old "supply and demand rule" is to blame!

Anyway, I finally bought one from ebay. I tried my luck and bid for it. The winning bid - Me, the price? $30.99 plus shipping and tax! The winner? ME and my new cushion.
9.gif

Hopefully it will arrive at the same time or earlier than my new e-ring and w-band from mark T.

Maya

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 3:14:22 PM
Author: Maya Moonstone
9.gif

I wanted to buy it from the Sharper Image Outlet store, but since last week the price has gone up from $39.99 to $69.99
6.gif
I think the old ''supply and demand rule'' is to blame!

Maya

OH NO!!!!!!! i wanted to get 3 more as X-mas gifts!! i already ordered 2 and was waiting to see what condition they came in before ordering the others. That makes me so sad. I never bulk give gifts, but I really thought they''d each love this gift... Maybe by x-mas they will be back down to $39.99???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you Maya. Glad I ordered mine when I did, aren''t you ame????
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyway, I finally bought one from ebay. I tried my luck and bid for it. The winning bid - Me, the price? $30.99 plus shipping and tax! The winner? ME and my new cushion.
9.gif

Maya

It does do an amazing job cleaning (though I haven''t put my e-ring in it again since the missing stone incident) If I had a solitaire or a more secure setting I would be cleaning that maybe everyday. You will have so much fun!

widget

Ideal_Rock
"I think the old ''supply and demand rule'' is to blame!" ....Maya
And maybe Pricescope!!!

I count at least twenty units purchased by PSers since this thread started...

widget

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 3:29:49 PM
Good for you Maya. Glad I ordered mine when I did, aren''t you ame????
31.gif
Heck yea!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I got mine, I just did the BIN on eBay...it''s still Sharper Image, so it didn''t matter which shopping cart I used basically, eBay''s or SI''s. Even the checkout for the eBay auction was Sharper Image''s website, so it''s still safe. So I''d say get it on eBay for ~$35.99 still. Why pay $69? Maybe that is the deluxe model?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Mine arrived yesterday, but didn''t have time to play with it. I can''t wait to try it out tonight!! Yay!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still obsessed with mine. I haven't seen sparkles like this in FOREVER. It's like I have a whole new ring set! It's enough to almost make me not need to upgrade. Note I said ALMOST.
31.gif

oneofus

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 3:26:35 PM
Author: jcrow

9.gif

6.gif
I think the old 'supply and demand rule' is to blame!

Maya

OH NO!!!!!!! i wanted to get 3 more as X-mas gifts!! i already ordered 2 and was waiting to see what condition they came in before ordering the others. That makes me so sad. I never bulk give gifts, but I really thought they'd each love this gift... Maybe by x-mas they will be back down to $39.99???
It's still there. I just purchased one for $39.99 a minute ago!

I got in on a really good deal though: I have Discovercard cash back. I redeemed $20 for a $40 SI gift card. Taxes and shipping came to another $12.20. So my total cost is $32.20. Will also get a little back through ebates (6%).
3.gif

I can't wait to do some "cleaning!"

(ETA: Weird - I just did a search on SI Outlet's website and the $39.99 unit didn't show up. Maybe you have to check everyday for the lower price one to show, perhaps they only have ONE $39.99 unit for sale each day??
33.gif
)

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I just checked the SI Site as well. I used the Outlet tab and searched for "ultrasonic". There are two available "Like New" for $69.99 and "Less than new" for $59.99.

Their e-bay store has several available with a "sharper image ultrasonic" search. The "Like New" with bidding starting at $29.07 and you can buy it immediately for $34.95. And the "Less than New" starting at $44.95 and immediate buy at $49.95....Hmmm?
33.gif

Anyway, I won my bid at $30.09 and with shipping and tax it will cost me about $43.45. When I paid for it, the window opened to what looked like a Sharper Image page.

Can''t wait for it to arrive!
9.gif
It gave me a kick that I outsmarted their system!
27.gif

Do anybody know if it is save to sonicate Moonstone?

Maya

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2005 8:55:18 PM
Author: oneofus

Date: 10/5/2005 3:26:35 PM
Author: jcrow

9.gif

6.gif
I think the old ''supply and demand rule'' is to blame!

Maya

OH NO!!!!!!! i wanted to get 3 more as X-mas gifts!! i already ordered 2 and was waiting to see what condition they came in before ordering the others. That makes me so sad. I never bulk give gifts, but I really thought they''d each love this gift... Maybe by x-mas they will be back down to $39.99???
It''s still there. I just purchased one for $39.99 a minute ago!

I got in on a really good deal though: I have Discovercard cash back. I redeemed $20 for a $40 SI gift card. Taxes and shipping came to another $12.20. So my total cost is $32.20. Will also get a little back through ebates (6%).
3.gif

I can''t wait to do some ''cleaning!''

(ETA: Weird - I just did a search on SI Outlet''s website and the $39.99 unit didn''t show up. Maybe you have to check everyday for the lower price one to show, perhaps they only have ONE $39.99 unit for sale each day??
33.gif
)
oneofus, i was thinking of doing the same thing. i have a discover cash back card too. hope there are some left for the 39.99 price! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oneofus

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 2:09:37 AM
Author: snlee
oneofus, i was thinking of doing the same thing. i have a discover cash back card too. hope there are some left for the 39.99 price! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great minds think alike!
28.gif
The Discovercard cashback gift card took about 3 business days to arrive. I was tempted to try and use it with a coupon code too, but the card specifically said it couldn''t be used with coupons or discounts.

It''s really strange about the $39.99 price not showing up right after I ordered one. Hopefully when you''re ordering it''ll come up!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I just got mine yesterday- have not even opened it yet! I am like Maya- I have no ring to clean yet- its in the works...but I will be prepared for it when it arrives!!!! I ordered mine last week on ebay- 4o bucks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
for anyone who is going to give the refurb one as a gift= i received mine in the mail yesterday. it came in a large brown box. inside was a smaller brown box with a sticker/stamp saying it was refurbished and approved. inside of that box was a plain white box which contained the unit. on the bottom of the unit, there was a blue stamp saying it went through testing and was approved and refurbished.

I have to say- i LOVE it!!! so awesome!!! so clean- how does it do that???

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Didnt someone say that dogs get all weird when you turn the thing on??? When my dog Eddie heard it, his ears went down and he got all freaked out and ran away!!! I was hysterical!!!

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

just though i would chime in. I bought a year ago the Branson Ultrasonic Cleaner it is freakin awesome!!! It is a home version of the Professional versions jewlerys use. A true untrasonic. They do a comparison w/ the shaper image one pros and cons.

Branson Ultrasonic
Branson Ultrasonics -the worlds largest ultrasonics company or Cleanosonic - A WA Brown company with over 15 years
in Ultrasonics.
Stainless steel - the industry standard for ultrasonic cleaners. Stainless Steel is the only material used in the ultrasonics industry, because it provides the proper impedance match for transmission of ultrasonic energy - and the durability needed for years of service.
It features professional-level ultrasonic cavitation power
The cleaner uses ultrasonic energy (40 kHz) (120V) or (230V Model)
15 oz. Tank - Big enough for a pair of sunglasses, or multiple pieces of jewelry
B200: 8.7" x 4.5" x 5" XL: tank size 7.5" x 4.5" x 4.5" 15 oz tank size
1 yr warranty, 90 day money back guarantee
$110.00 Branson Includes:
Shipping
Basket and cover
Owners manual
Package of Bransonics JC Professional Jewelry Cleaning Concentrate

Shaper Image
Catalog houses -Not knowledgable about ultrasonics
Made of Plastic not steel so does not transmit ultrasonic waves properly
Tanks are approximately 6 oz.
42,000 ultrasonic waves per second
Hope you don't have any big bracelets, watches or glasses to clean.
Size- 6 1/2" x 3 3/4" x 5" (120v) (60khz) (20watts)
$89.00 (Sharper Image)

It was alittle more expensive but it is amazing!

TIP
Do I really need heat?

Unless you will always fill your tank with hot water, and refill it with hot water and cleaning chemistry every time it cools off, yes, you need heat. Ultrasonic energy moves best through water at a temperature betwwen 140 and 170 F. In addition, hot water helps dissolve many soils, further enhancing parts cleaning. I always reheat my utrasonic solution it cleans much better alittle bit of a pain but worth it!

Here is the link to where i bought it in case anyone wants to know.
http://cleanosonic.com/ultrasonic_jewelry_cleaners.htm?source=Overture

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I nuke the water before I pour it in the ultrasonic so it''s nice and steamy....seems to do a better job..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Nic! Thanks for that great comparison on the two items..

For me I wanted something TINY and the SI one is perfect. Alot of the other US''s have seen are bigger, probably so you CAN clean larger items but I just wanted it for my jewelry and maybe a watch or two. I don''t have alot of stuff yet and seriously the SI one is already large enough (gotta find a place for it, for now it is floating around our kitchen), so my hubby really would have freaked if I brought home a big metal one...hehee.

But it''s good to know what I could eventually move UP to in the future, aka a heavy duty one more professional one! Yanno when I have the trough of jewelry? hehehe...someday...oh someday!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great tip to nuke the water, didn''t think of that!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results