shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you use an Ultrasonic Cleaner to often?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Heating the solution helps the cleaning process so much you see such a difference. I just careful scoop it out of Ultrasonic and throw it in microwave for like a minute and it's perfect. I do this everytime i clean. im a cleaning nutt like the rest of you I just cant clean my ring enough lol. Especially since I have alot of nocks and places for lotion and other crap to get stuck that tradtional cleaning w/ no ultrasonic just can't get at.
I love my ultrasonic best thing I bought for my ring worth every penny when I see how clean it comes out everytime!

:)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 10:57:03 AM
Author: Dani
Didnt someone say that dogs get all weird when you turn the thing on??? When my dog Eddie heard it, his ears went down and he got all freaked out and ran away!!! I was hysterical!!!

My cat freaked out. She was so scared by the noise.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 1:12:22 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 10/6/2005 10:57:03 AM

Author: Dani

Didnt someone say that dogs get all weird when you turn the thing on??? When my dog Eddie heard it, his ears went down and he got all freaked out and ran away!!! I was hysterical!!!

My cat freaked out. She was so scared by the noise.

my yorkie stared barking and was wanting to see what was going on. I picked him up so he could be at its level. the next time i used it, there wasn''t a reaction-he just laid down on the bed.

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Thats so funny and wierd, my dog could care less. BTW she my little avator in my pic box.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I used mine for the first time yesterday night and all I could say was "WOW!" and stare at the jewelry. Everything came out so clean!! I cleaned my RHR, Sam''s diamond ring, my diamond necklace (which doesn''t shine much since it came from a mall store), Sam''s Tag, and my studs.

WOW oh WOW!! I have never seen my diamond studs sparkle like that before!! Before I tossed it in, it had a whole bunch of dust and crud stuck to it. When it came out, it was blingity bling bling!

And the mall store necklace? I didn''t even know it was able to shine like that! I guess all it needed was a good cleaning. Sam''s ring came out blinding me. He has a 7 stone diamond ring, 0.42ctw, set in a polished and brushed white gold setting. The ring is made by Benchmark.

And his Tag? The bands looked extra shiny, but what really told me it was clean was the black dirt that came out of it. The cleaning water was pretty ucky when I emptied it.

I used a tablespoon of lemon scented Joy, and several sprays of this lavendar cleaning solution I had that was from Target. I love this machine!!!

Now I wonder if putting a couple sprays of Sparkle Sparkle in the solution will make it even better? Since Sparkle Sparkle does so well on its own.... I''ll have to try it next time. Hee, loving this new toy. Sam was laughing at me because I was examining the jewelry like crazy and couldn''t stop staring at it since everything came out so clean!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 1:23:55 PM
Author: nicstn
Thats so funny and wierd, my dog could care less. BTW she my little avator in my pic box.
Well I love my dog to death, but he definitely has some weird habits, like barking at EVERYTHING!!!! So the fact that he reacted that way to the Ultrasonic doesnt suprise me at all!!! The fly swatter is one of his worst enemies!!! He also HATES the vacuum!!!!!!!

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Love my dog to death too even though she can be a monster. she is half terrier/shepard which basically is my min shepard of a big 30 pounds. what kind of dog do u have? LOL! the vacuum is the DEVIL! my dog is terrified by it. she hides under the bed w/ just her tail hanging out lol. The minute I start cleaning she runs and hides cause she knows the DEVIL is coming out.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, since I am taking my ring in today to have the melee reset I decided to try my SI again (if another fell out they could just reset that one too, my jeweler is going to HATE me) I did it on normal and everything was fine. So who knows...maybe "high" was just too powerful.

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Basically from what I have been told is that if it falls out in the ultrasonic then it was loose in your setting before u used the ultrasonic. So its better u loose it in there then somewhere else.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 1:44:16 PM
Author: Milly

Now I wonder if putting a couple sprays of Sparkle Sparkle in the solution will make it even better? Since Sparkle Sparkle does so well on its own.... I''ll have to try it next time. Hee, loving this new toy. Sam was laughing at me because I was examining the jewelry like crazy and couldn''t stop staring at it since everything came out so clean!
That is something Im going to try. Riht now I have 5 full bottles, and I might use part of one to see how it works. Alj''s recipe sounds good too.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 2:48:42 PM
Author: nicstn
Love my dog to death too even though she can be a monster. she is half terrier/shepard which basically is my min shepard of a big 30 pounds. what kind of dog do u have? LOL! the vacuum is the DEVIL! my dog is terrified by it. she hides under the bed w/ just her tail hanging out lol. The minute I start cleaning she runs and hides cause she knows the DEVIL is coming out.
I have a miniature pincher- aka "min pin" although we laugh because he''s not so mini- he is 20 lbs!! He is like a little Napoleon! He is the boss in this house!!

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Funny how they take over your life. BTW i love min pinchers they r so cute!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes they are! I will post a pic of him when I get a chance!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update fo anyone following my saga-
I just got back from the jewelers they are going to reset the stone free of charge there (1 week vs. up to 6 weeks if they send it back to Tacori) he also said (this is funny, I had to surpress a laugh) that they are going to put it in a high power ultrasonic cleaner to make sure all the stones are set securely (haha keep in mind I never told him how I lost it). I am not sure why they didn''t do this BEFORE they gave it to my FI but oh well no harm done. My finger feels very lonely but I am glad that I''ll only be without my ring for a week. Yeah!
36.gif

nicstn

Shiny_Rock
Thats good news one week isn''t too bad. But that is so funny about them putting it in the high power ultrasonic cleaner to check. well at least u know now that u can use a ultrasonic cleaner and if anything it is a good way to check your setting. I just wouldn''t go crazy and use it every week i use mine once a month maybe more if i have a special occasion. but def can''t see the the ultrasonic making your stone come loose they were prob loose to begin with.you could always ask your jewler what he thinks about using one on your ring and that u were think of gettin one for home use.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you guys finding the $45 SI jewelry cleaners, the cheapest I see on the website is $99? Also, can you polish silver with this cleaner? Thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its in the SI Outlet part. On the top "bar" of the site there''s a little link for OUTLET STORE. Should be in there. I did hear that the price went up recently though...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got mine just yesterday and I love it. Funny about the noise though, my dogs started to bark at it once I turned it on. Hubby was like what''s that awful noise. It kind of sounds like a bug zapper. My rings have never looked better!!!
36.gif

koko

Shiny_Rock
Hello all....I''m new to this thread & just bid on the SI model, so keeping fingers crossed that I get it (I bid $33.00)....it''s the older SI model. This may be a silly question, but is possible to clean eyeglasses in this unit, or is it too small??
23.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I was out of town last week and just got the ultrasonic cleaner from Frontgate that I ordered. Very pleased with the results. It even did an incredible job making my husband''s old high school ring look good again and let me tell you that thing is REALLY old!!! We also used it to clean our eyeglasses and sunglasses and the head on my husband''s electric shaver!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the same question as Dancing Fire: Since you are using dishwashing liquid in the solution, do you rinse the ring with water afterwards? And are you left with water spots on the ring?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always wash mine with water afterwards and dry it with a paper towel...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2005 1:15:29 AM
Author: jellybeans
I had the same question as Dancing Fire: Since you are using dishwashing liquid in the solution, do you rinse the ring with water afterwards? And are you left with water spots on the ring?
JB
Wink suggest an dust spray like the ones use on computers but, if you have hard water like we do, once you wash your hands you will get water spots on the stone again.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so far i like the 1/3 mr. clean with hot water combo on the high setting. it works really, really well!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 9:47:47 AM
Author: jcrow
so far i like the 1/3 mr. clean with hot water combo on the high setting. it works really, really well!
That is exactly what I have been using! It works wonders!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to reply regardign the steam cleaners. I just bought a Scunchi Steamer from Bed Bath (for household purposes) and tried it on my rings and I didnt really see a difference!

Definatley going to look into the Ultrasonic cleaner!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
BOO FOR HOLIDAYS THAT HOLD UP THE MAIL!
29.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I returned mine yesterday! I noticed that the formula kept bubbling out and when I checked the cover, there were cracks in it and two pieces of the cover missing.
I took it to SI and told them I didn''t want to return it, just exchange the cover for a new one, but they told me they couldn''t do that because it was a refurbished piece. I told them it had a one year warranty on it so the cracked cover should be covered under it, but they said I had to send it back by mail to use the warranty, they were only allowed to do returns.
I had brought the box with me just in case they gave me a hard time, so I told the guy to just give me issue me a refund then.
2.gif

I should have said it was a gift, but I am not really good at stuff like that! Plus, there is a big blue stamp on the bottom that says it is refurbished, so I am sure they would not exchange it for a non refurbished one.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a little late but I just bid on the SI one on eBay. It's refurbished. I can't wait..

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
too funny! i just got an email at work saying one of the ladies brought her US cleaner from home to work if we wanted to clean anything. I was going to do the same thing with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results