shape
carat
color
clarity

Can you use an Ultrasonic Cleaner to often?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know about the effect on the machine of using it often? If it is left on will the motor burn out? A freind of mine got one and hers has stopped working. I am wondering if the machine is left one for too long too often will it break. I have left mine on while walking before (about 90 min at a time) and so far nothing has happened... Did she get a dud? Or is there some thing that needs to be done to ensure their proper functioning?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i don''t know. i turn mine off right after it''s done. and although i really wnat to clean my jewels everyday, i wonder if it''s such a great idea...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had mine for about a year now, and I turn it off once I'm done with it. I don't see the harm in having it on (it's not pulsing, after all) for awhile once the run is over, but I don't like the idea of my newly cleaned jewelry sitting in cleaning solution that probably has little chunks and clumps of dirt in it - I wouldn't want those to settle back into any crevices of the ring over the next 90 minutes, y'know? But I've had my refurb one for a year now and I have absolutely no complaints. Maybe your friend got a dud Matadora.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got mine yesterday, and have been playing with it ever since.

I must admit I''m not totally blown away by a difference between this method and the old fashioned soap/ammonia and toothbrush system.

So far I''ve been too paranoid to use it on some of my antique pave pieces. Any more reports of dislodged tiny diamonds out there?

I did do my SS watchband and couldn''t "see" too much of a difference, but when I put the watch on after, some sort of black goo stained my wrist!
6.gif
Did it again...no more goo...

My most spectacular results so far have been my antique bezel set studs. The backs are sort of "martini" style and filigree or pierced....impossible to clean by hand. They''ve NEVER looked this good before...like new earrings!

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget and others re: the ultrasonic...sometimes i have to clean my things multiple times to really get that ''ohmygodthatsamazing'' clean, especially the first time that i did the cleanings after never having an ultrasonic. maybe because it''s not an industrial strength one, but i don''t mind hitting repeat on it and sending them through again...so far so good. it seems that i can clean things twice for the most part and they look pretty impressive. i cleaned my toe rings FIVE times before i was satisfied..but they were pretty dirty to begin with.

i am still SO impressed with how good my e-ring/w-ring set looks now...i clean them every other day with the US and they just sparkle like no one''s business. i also seem to get more compliments, so that''s kinda fun.
31.gif

oh and i turn mine off after i use it, i also don''t like leaving my stuff just sitting in there if i''m not around...with my luck that would be the day that someone breaks into the house and just has to take the ultrasonic with all my jewelry in it.
39.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine came today, I wish I wasn''t so sick, I can''t get myself to get up and use it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If ame can''t get out of bed to use her new UC, ya know the girl is sick!!! Feel better ame!!!
21.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 4:50:22 PM
Author: kaleigh
If ame can''t get out of bed to use her new UC, ya know the girl is sick!!! Feel better ame!!!
21.gif
The real test is if she has louped her diamonds today
2.gif

Feel better Ame!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t and I have not even removed them from their respective ring boxes. That''s illness.

I spent all day when I finally escaped my office in bed, aside from the doctors office. Ugh...I showered just now thinking maybe it might help...but nope. Time for some Tylenol PM.

Later all, I will hopefully unearth my jewels tomorrow and clean them...you know, sterilize...heh.

Thanks for the wishes!

oneofus

Rough_Rock
Hmm...looks like SI''s website design changed -- I can''t find the OUTLET?!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok...I know this is the moment you have ALLLL been waiting for. Ame has unearthed her cleaner.

I decided that since I have a small store''s worth of SparkleSparkle, that I would use it for the test. I nuked a couple cups of hot water, and poured about a half cup in. I used half a bottle on the first run and the other half on the other run. I did my e-ring and my plain ring together, and ran it on high the first time. Just one cycle. Still a good job cleaning. Then I did my w-band, filling about a quarter inch past the minimum line. Used just a hair more cleaner this time. Ran the high cycle two times. WOW. The funk under the stones was gone! I need to further examine it in the daylight but pretty cool.

I won''t do more than one ring again though. My plain ring shimmied too close to my e-ring. Can''t have that.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see you are feeling a bit better Ame!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay ame''s back to her old self!!!! I don''t love doing more than one thing at a time either, they all shimmy next to each other. We can''t have that now can we????
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
K have you cleaned your new asscher ring yet???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, I just got it back from being sized. I took it to my bench jeweler as all the crazy UPS stories had me shaking in my boots from sending it back to Quest. Ron gave me the green light to go ahead and use it, so I''ll wait for it to get dirty and then blitz it. Again he said better for a stone to fall off in there, then elsewhere. I think when I do clean it, I''ll put it on regular instead of on high.
2.gif
But I''ll be watching over it the whole time it''s in there, you can count on that!!!!
3.gif

ludik

Rough_Rock
Hi. I bought one of these last week off SI/Ebay. My Fiance just received it today. She used it reluctently as she was nervous about her stones coming loose. She has a channel set cathedral band. Is there any way that the UltraSonic could disrupt a channel type setting? I read through this whole thread and saw the info about the Pave settings. Any info would be appreciated. I dont want to tell her its ok then have something happen and her be upset LOL .. Thanks

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fine for channel settings. It''s the pave that you worry about. But like my jeweler said if a stone is going to fall out, better in the Ultrasonic than on the street. Her ring will be fine. HTH
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, clean the puppy and if a stone falls out, it was probably loose to begin with. Better to lose it in the machine than have a dirty ring with stones held in by gunk..IMO!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So...when you all clean your stuff...does your water get all foamy? Mine didn''t at all. But I didn''t use a ton of cleaning stuff either. I am going to try some sudsing ammonia the next time I do it.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Ame, mine is only foamy since I put the soap in the container first, then add the hot water. But when the machine is actually working, it is not creating any extra suds or foam. Hope that helps!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok at least Im not nuts. I did just do a nice inspection on the half eternity...holyschnikies. It got all the funk under the stones. Ill have to do this every other day I think. As getting it on and off without a rubber glove onmy right hand makes it all funky again.

Thanks!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 9:55:53 PM
Author: ame
Ok at least Im not nuts.
Well, I didn''t say that!!
2.gif
Just kidding!

I''m glad then to hear you like it!! It makes me feel better, now that it has Ame''s seal of approval!!!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was skeptical as all get out but when I saw that there was no "skin" stuck all over my ring...I was won over. That sounds nasty. haha

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
TMI ame.
6.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I could really share but I thought Id spare you all. :)

oneofus

Rough_Rock
Yay! I got my SI cleaner yesterday but somehow I managed until today to use it. At first I thought my refurbished unit wasn't working with the series clicking sounds, it was good then I remembered from reading here that it was normal.
2.gif
My e-ring seemed just a tad cleaner, but my eternity ring just shines like when I got it after it was cleaned at the jeweler! Wow! I don't know why there isn't a big difference for my e-ring, perhaps because I clean it often and take it off whenever I'm doing "hard" work (cooking, cleaning, etc.).

This somehow reminds me of how Rachel Ray digs into flour or ground meat with her Tiffany e-ring on, I wonder if she cleans it with an ultrasonic cleaner too?!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my e-ring back today and it is better than new.
36.gif
Yeah! I still don''t think I will us the US very often. Maybe once a month. Funny story though when I was waiting for him to get my ring I was look at their pearl and diamond necklaces (it was the case in front of where I was sitting and I noticed there was a missing diamond in the pave of one of the necklaces! (Maybe they used the US
9.gif
) Anyways, I told my jeweler and he couldn''t believe my "eagle eyes." I am just so glad to have my baby back. My finger was awful lonely.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
I recieved my SI ultrasonic cleaner today and all I can say is W
23.gif
W!

Unfortunately, I don''t have my rings,
7.gif
they''re still at the jewelers but I had to try it so I put the RHR (I''m returning) in the cleaner and all I can say with the diamonds not being the best quality, the ring came out sparkly. More sparkly than when I bought it. I was wowed and so was Marty.

Thanks to all of my PS friends who recommended this product!
36.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just joined the refurbished SI ultrasonic brigade!
35.gif

Gotta love eBay. Should arrive in about a week, I can''t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results