shape
carat
color
clarity

Besides Covid...What other vaccinations have you took in the past 5 yrs?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had the recommended tetanus & pertussis booster 8 years ago and had a full titer done . I'll have my next booster shot in 3 years time.

Had rabies for traveling and was happy I had it when I woke up with a stray dog on my feet one day in India (did a horseback trail with sleeping in tents ). Didn't hurt much, unfortunately couldn't get the follow up booster five years later to have the protection last much longer because I was pregnant and it was not recommended.

On top of my GP reminding me of my vaccine status and my gyn during pregnancies, also our pediatricians and the hospital staff for delivery had a close watch on both my DH s and my vaccine status.
They caught that pertussis wasn't up to date for him anymore for our DD 4, so he got it then. They'll only get theirs after a few months, so it's critical that everyone else around newborns is not a potential danger. Herd immunity and all...*hint*

All in all I was impressed how attentive the medical staff were and how respectfully they brought their reminders forward.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How was rabies? I have the rest but need Yellow Fever and was debating rabies.

Honestly I dont remember any extra bad side effects, but sore arms lol! If you're going to a populated or urban area you likely don't need it, or at least it wasn't recommended as a "must have". So its more if you won't be able to get to a hospital right away as a "just in case".

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
We decided to get Shingrix this year and we did that a couple of months ago.
And that's it now for the shingles vaccine. Hoping this lasts for life.
We both got shingles when we were younger and the vaccine, IMO, is preferable to getting shingles again and I highly recommend getting it if you are in the vulnerable age group or even if you aren't as both Greg and I had shingles in our forties.

We get the flu vaccines every year since I got the flu in 2005. It was awful. I was scared I was going to die and scared I wasn't if you kwim. After that getting the vaccine yearly was a must.

And I get the tetanus shot every 10 years as does Greg.

That's all I can think of at the moment and probably all we got.
It's looking like a yearly Covid vaccine will be added to our yearly flu vaccination making 2 mandatory (for us) vaccines yearly now.

I'm pretty sure the shingles vaccine is only good for 5 years. Still, better than the yearly flu shot.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a Tetanus shot last week, and my first ever flu vaccine in December.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
TDaP booster, shingles, flu, covid.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire What vaccines have you had in five years?

You mean the last 50 yrs? :silenced: As far as I can can remember? :think: it was in 1969, and IDK what it was for I was too young to know. Maybe it was for the HK flu ? after I had the HK flu. The last time I caught the flu was 40 yrs ago. I am drug free.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Flu, COVID, tetanus, and anything else the doctor has recommended, but I can't remember what.....

My DD had to have titers before nursing school. Her rubella and HepB antibodies were low and she had to have booster vaccines for these. I found it interesting because rubella is part of the MMR series and the other two were fine. So this is your friendly reminder to have titers checked if there is an outbreak in your area and/or you are around immunocompromised individuals, including newborns and are worried about exposure.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You mean the last 50 yrs? :silenced: As far as I can can remember? :think: it was in 1969, and IDK what it was for I was too young to know. Maybe it was for the HK flu ? after I had the HK flu. The last time I caught the flu was 40 yrs ago. I am drug free.

Ok..We need to make a vaccine out of you..:lol:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu (yearly), pneumonia and tetanus.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from covid shot I've had typhoid, tdap and hep A.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tdap, Flu, Rhogam. Even more in the last 10 years. HPV vaccine, I had to redo my MMR series, also got the Hepatitis when I started teaching since I have students that bite sometimes.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu, COVID, tetanus, and anything else the doctor has recommended, but I can't remember what.....

My DD had to have titers before nursing school. Her rubella and HepB antibodies were low and she had to have booster vaccines for these. I found it interesting because rubella is part of the MMR series and the other two were fine. So this is your friendly reminder to have titers checked if there is an outbreak in your area and/or you are around immunocompromised individuals, including newborns and are worried about exposure.

I think we all should at 18. I got pertussis at 21 (was vaccinated as a kid). After that they checked my titers and I wasn't immune to measles or rubella either.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

TwinRix. Flu. Covid. Had all the other usual stuff ages ago. I had Shingles, unfortunately, so I don't need the vaccine.

cheers--Sharon

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, my.....I've been a pincushion over the last 5-10 years.

Between 5 and 10 years ago, I had flu shots, tetanus, and two full courses of rabies shots (due to being attacked first by a cat, and second time very badly by a rottweiler; the second incident also required 18 injections of beta-globulin directly into and around the wounds within hours of the attack).

In the last five years: flu shots, tetanus, MMR (because I found out some people in my age group might no longer have the immunity to measles from our childhood immunizations, and we were having those outbreaks of it directly caused by anti-vaxxers), two-shot course against hep A (due to traveling and the fact that we had a local outbreak in restaurant workers), and two-shot course against COVID.

I don't think I'm quite at the age for the pneumonia vaccine, but not sure. I'll get it as soon as it's recommended. I probably should be looking into a shingles vaccine, too, since I had chicken pox as a kid. I will of course get a COVID booster absolutely as soon as I can, and every single one that's recommended on into the future, even if that's two or three times a year.

There have been a couple studies out over the last year or two showing a correlation between higher number of vaccines, especially certain types, in middle age and older years, and reduced incidence of dementia. That doesn't mean that vaccines prevent dementia - there could be innumerable confounding factors - but it certainly indicates that vaccines don't do any harm to cognitive health, and just might help!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

TwinRix. Flu. Covid. Had all the other usual stuff ages ago. I had Shingles, unfortunately, so I don't need the vaccine.

cheers--Sharon

Have you checked with your doctor about the shingles? I know people who've had more than one go-round with shingles unfortunately, and believe I've read that getting the shot even after one round can prevent, or reduce the severity of, a second round. Just a thought.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only both Covid jabs within the last 5 years, but I had all the vaccines going when I was a child. I also had both of my children jabbed for Meningitis B two years ago, as here in the UK children are only routinely vaccinated against strains A & C. Because B is a rare strain it's not covered with general childhood immunisation, but having watched a friends teenage son lose both arms & legs to it aged 15, we decided to pay to have it done than live to regret it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
covid, flu and pneumonia, cant have a tetanus shot I am very allergic to it.....

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu annually, pneumonia, Shingrix, tetanus booster, Covid

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you checked with your doctor about the shingles? I know people who've had more than one go-round with shingles unfortunately, and believe I've read that getting the shot even after one round can prevent, or reduce the severity of, a second round. Just a thought.

Yes, I have. I had shingles in my face and was advised against having the vaccine. Thank you for your concern. :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tdap, Flu, Rhogam. Even more in the last 10 years. HPV vaccine, I had to redo my MMR series, also got the Hepatitis when I started teaching since I have students that bite sometimes.

You must be a Special Ed teacher…❤️ I loved my son’s teachers..…throughout his time in school.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu shot yearly. Most of the other usual shots I got when I was younger. Haven’t needed booster shots but would happily do so if needed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you dear lady. It was the horror of my life. And I have post herpetic neuralgia as a result. My family all got their vaccine after my malady.

I pray you never have to go through shingles again @canuk-gal..I so hope the herpetic neuralgia goes away…soon…XO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last week, I was told I needed the MMR for my visa application, but opted to check first whether I still had immunity as I’d had all the illnesses as a child. I got my results back yesterday, and I still have full immunity. The MMR vaccine wasn’t around when I was a child, if one child in the class got an illness, we all got it :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last week, I was told I needed the MMR for my visa application, but opted to check first whether I still had immunity as I’d had all the illnesses as a child. I got my results back yesterday, and I still have full immunity. The MMR vaccine wasn’t around when I was a child, if one child in the class got an illness, we all got it :lol:

That’s great @Austina! Moms used to expose
the children so they would get it. I remember my mom telling me about it. She said mumps caused men to not be able to father children…so that’s why they did it. I don’t know if that was an old tale about causing infertility in men.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I get the flu shot annually, because I live in a crowded urban area and use mass transit, so I'm regularly exposed to LOTS of people in a confined space. Had a tetanus booster 2 years ago. Otherwise, just the COVID shots, I think. I'll definitely be getting the shingles vaccine when I'm finally eligible, if not before. I know too many people who have suffered through that awful ailment, and I'm not looking to court trouble.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results