shape
carat
color
clarity

Besides Covid...What other vaccinations have you took in the past 5 yrs?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you vaccinated for every diseases in the book?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu, shingles, pneumonia and OF COURSE, COVID-19

And I haven't had Flu, shingles, pneumonia or COVID-19 (meaning I haven't had the illnesses).

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Flu, pneumonia, shingles. I was a pin cushion for a while there.

And yes, covid - 2 shots

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Past five years? Nothing.

Last vaccine I had was a tetanus shot 22 years ago.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year DH and I got the shingle vaccine.
His dad had shingles and really suffered, so we decided to get the shot.
And the covid vaccine in April.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu, Shingles, Tetanus, Pertussis and 2 Covid shots.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
flu, pneumonia, tetanus, shingles

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tet, flu, hep a+b, typhoid, ensaphitis (sp?) rabies. Recommended for various travel that I did. I wouldn’t normally get rabies but was volunteering with animals on a remote island so better to have it in case I did need it and couldn’t get to a hospital in time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tet, flu, hep a+b, typhoid, ensaphitis (sp?) rabies. Recommended for various travel that I did. I wouldn’t normally get rabies but was volunteering with animals on a remote island so better to have it in case I did need it and couldn’t get to a hospital in time.
Thats some list
glad you were safe in your travels

Thank goodness we dont have rabies here

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Flu x 5, tdap x 2.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flu, shingrex, t-dap, pneumonia, two Covid shots..

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
MMR, Rabies, flu (every year). I found out my measles immunity was completely gone. I only had one shot as a kid because boosters weren't required then. My brother also needed MMR because his measles and mumps immunity were both gone. Got rabies PEP because I was dumb and did stupid things. :lol: Ran titer and Hep A+B were fine, and measles immunity holding strong ever since booster. Had Tdap maybe 7 years ago.

But yes, I'm vaccinated for everything, or already have immunity like chickenpox. Wish chickenpox vax was out then, because I'm covered in scars from picking them. I still remember looking in a mirror and peeling the one under my eye open. It was black inside. The scar is still there and now I might get shingles... woulda much preferred a shot.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whatever the computer says I needed minus the flu vaccine some years. Didn't get the flu vaccine last year will this year. I'm kinda meh on the whole flu vaccine thing because they never seem to get it right.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu and pneumonia, tetanus booster. Hep A and hep B because I was working in disaster (wildfire) areas. I had the single shot shingles vaccine (try saying that fast a few times!) and I’ll get the two-shot one of these days. I’ve seen what shingles can do and I’m going to do what I can to avoid getting it b

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

How was rabies? I have the rest but need Yellow Fever and was debating rabies.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis), flu, Covid-19. I would love to have the Shingrex vaccine for shingles. I'm too young however, I've had shingles twice in the last eight years.

I can’t remember offhand, but aside from flu and COVID I think just tetanus. But I’m up to date on my vaccines and boosters, afaik.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
**edited by moderator**

There are worse things in our food... like actual Hep A. My uncle got it from a restaurant. Case was documented, and yes, in the United States. He wasn't vaccinated at the time and now he has major liver issues. I check my titer every other year (request it along with my annual blood panel) because of that!

How was rabies? I have the rest but need Yellow Fever and was debating rabies.

Rabies wasn't bad at all. Post Exposure Prophylactic is Immunoglobulin (around bite/scratch site) + 4-5 shots of the Rabies vaccine on alternate sides of the body spaced out on specific dates. They don't hurt anymore, I didn't even feel it. What was annoying was they only carry it at ER (and not every ER carries it) and not my GP's office, so I had to go into ER for the followup shots.

Last edited by a moderator:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you vaccinated for every diseases in the book?

Most diseases don't have vaccines. The "book" you refer to is a very long one. Even most infectious diseases do not have a vaccine.

I have had five flu shots in the last five years. As others have pointed out, they are kinda meh with maybe a 50% protection rate but that is based on the unpredictability of the influenza strain(s) in the seasonal outbreaks and the need to ramp up production (hundreds of millions of doses) well before flu season. It is not because we do not know how to make flu vaccines. My workplace mandates the flu vaccine and I agree.

Flu can be bad -- even if it is unlikely to kill you. One of my kids had H1N1 and it took her five years to get back to her "personal best" time in her competitive sport. Sucks for a kid.

We are all trying to keep the SARS-CoV-2 virus from turning into a seasonal virus like flu. That is part of the thinking behind universal vaccination for COVID-19. Kill it before there are a hundred strains circling the globe forever and ever. (This is also why there is no vaccine for the "common cold" -- because it's dozens of different viruses, each with [almost] countless strains.)

There are emerging cancer vaccines -- harnessing the body's immune response to kill cancer cells. It will be interesting to see which anti-vaxxers refuse their cancer cure.

I guess some already refuse cancer prevention -- the HPV vaccine. Nothing "foreign" in my body. I'll take the HPV-infected semen please -- but not that nasty vaccine :cool2:.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flu and I only started to have it when I was diagnosed and confirmed with an underlying health condition in June 2019.

Prior to 2019, I had the flu jab via work in 2011 when I was younger and healthier, and immediate had a cold which was probably unrelated.

I might have had flu once since then.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decided to get Shingrix this year and we did that a couple of months ago.
And that's it now for the shingles vaccine. Hoping this lasts for life.
We both got shingles when we were younger and the vaccine, IMO, is preferable to getting shingles again and I highly recommend getting it if you are in the vulnerable age group or even if you aren't as both Greg and I had shingles in our forties.

We get the flu vaccines every year since I got the flu in 2005. It was awful. I was scared I was going to die and scared I wasn't if you kwim. After that getting the vaccine yearly was a must.

And I get the tetanus shot every 10 years as does Greg.

That's all I can think of at the moment and probably all we got.
It's looking like a yearly Covid vaccine will be added to our yearly flu vaccination making 2 mandatory (for us) vaccines yearly now.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Dtap (diptheria, tetanus, pertussis) booster, flu, and covid.

Happy to take any others that may be recommended by my doctors.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get the flu shot yearly at work (school) and I’ve taken the two Covid shots. That’s it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tetanus after I cut myself pretty severely. They offered and I said fine, whatever. Hep A (it was the only one required for travel) pneumaccocal, flu. I had measles and mumps as a child (my sister brought it home so we all had it) Never had chicken pox (and they looked for it!)

After my sister did the bone marrow transplant, she had to start getting shots because she had the immune system of a baby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results