shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby needed new shoes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Head shot.

headshotofblobby.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Different order in this mug shot.

blobbyeringandweddingband.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock

blobbyshopsatmands.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am seriously considering sending my diamond back to WF to change the setting..... I had originally decided to keep this stone for a couple of months - then go up to a 1.2 in time for our vow renewal, but now I have my diamond I don''t know if I want to change it. Its just so sparkley.....

I definitely want a 6 prong setting though, and I love yours!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
''blobby shops at m and s''

So funny!!!
36.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
{...Brrring Brrring...Yes...Oh hello...News of the World?...Why yes I did take those pictures...Free next Thursday...yes,yes I am...Big Foot will be where?...at a tea party with the Loch Ness Monster?...Yes, I am quite sure my photos will be blurry and impossible to make out...}

Say no more...

blurryblobby.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol!

Your pics can''t be that bad! I am completely sold on the setting you have! Oh, and all your bands too!!
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

thisshotcouldbedejavu.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is Mr Blobby 3mm?

Steel

Ideal_Rock

cutshotofblobby.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 5:10:53 PM
Author: Maisie
I am seriously considering sending my diamond back to WF to change the setting..... I had originally decided to keep this stone for a couple of months - then go up to a 1.2 in time for our vow renewal, but now I have my diamond I don''t know if I want to change it. Its just so sparkley.....

I definitely want a 6 prong setting though, and I love yours!

I was thinking about you earlier and what I would do if I were you.
[DH refuses to change my stone. So I will never be in your position. But it is not all bad news for me as he has promised that I can have a 2-3ct pear or 2+ round in a couple of years]

Are you in your 10 days? Are you thinking of sending the setting back and switching for my one? It is not cheap. Will WF be able to amend the head should your diamond grow? Is there a cut off point for such diamond growth before you will need a new setting? ie, They will amend a 1 to a 1.2 or 1.5 but not to a 2ct? What timeframe are you looking at for the upgrades? What is your priority, would you be better getting a cheap 6 prong - even in WG and spending the extra now on the diamond?

About the 6 prong, this is the main reason for my reset. I was so worried I would chip my baby, I often took it off and it sat cold and lonely in my jewellery box. That was no good.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 5:23:29 PM
Is Mr Blobby 3mm?
Yes!

I think the 4 mm would be just as lovely, but it was not for me.

Perhaps if you plan to wear it on its own more, then go for the 4mm?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I was always aiming for a 1.5. That was the size I felt would be the largest I would go. I absolutely adore this diamond though. Its performs so beautifully in all lighting situations. I had two ACA diamonds before, but this Expert Selection stone is much prettier to me. I was really worried I wouldn''t like this diamond - now my problem is that I may not ever want to upgrade it! My husband is amazed!

I''m not saying that I will never upgrade, but for now I am completely in love with this diamond. I do feel the need to have it reset into a 6 prong and I want that done asap. I am going to let WF get past the Christmas and Valentines mad time before I do it. I don''t want it to be away any longer than is necessary - which is why I am going to avoid their busiest times.

We are looking at a channel set diamond wedding band. I am waiting to hear back from WF about some questions I asked. I''m not in any hurry for that as I don''t need it till September.

My hubby just said... ''well there are other sparkly things you can buy - earrings and stuff'' ....
36.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 5:40:58 PM
To be honest, I was always aiming for a 1.5. That was the size I felt would be the largest I would go. I absolutely adore this diamond though. Its performs so beautifully in all lighting situations. I had two ACA diamonds before, but this Expert Selection stone is much prettier to me. I was really worried I wouldn''t like this diamond - now my problem is that I may not ever want to upgrade it! My husband is amazed!

I''m not saying that I will never upgrade, but for now I am completely in love with this diamond. I do feel the need to have it reset into a 6 prong and I want that done asap. I am going to let WF get past the Christmas and Valentines mad time before I do it. I don''t want it to be away any longer than is necessary - which is why I am going to avoid their busiest times.

We are looking at a channel set diamond wedding band. I am waiting to hear back from WF about some questions I asked. I''m not in any hurry for that as I don''t need it till September.

My hubby just said... ''well there are other sparkly things you can buy - earrings and stuff'' ....
36.gif
Ask Vera? She was great and got lots of quotes for me when I was considering a channel set.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had emailed the rep I normally deal with but she wasn''t working. She passed it on to someone else but I don''t expect to hear back for a while. They must be so busy just now. I don''t mind waiting. Vera is fab, she looked after me when customs seized my parcel. I will go to her if I don''t hear anything back from Sheerah. Its funny but whenever I say her name I always think ''Shearer!''........ well I am from Newcastle!! (Not that I follow football but I know his sister so I pretend I think he is a legend!)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Next stop, WF eternity...

nowtointroducemyeternityfromwf.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You can see how high the eternity sits.

I feel without a spacer, will scuff the e-ring head.

showinghighwfeternity.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock

anothersideshoteternity.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Will never be worn this way...

shinyeternity.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the eternity band but I don''t think I would be comfortable wearing it. My fingers are sensitive and I think it would rub.

Where would you get a spacer ring from?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Will have to be worn like this, with a spacer.

Tonight, my spacer is the WF band.

moreeternity.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 6:30:33 PM
I love the eternity band but I don''t think I would be comfortable wearing it. My fingers are sensitive and I think it would rub.

Where would you get a spacer ring from?

Prob. I will use my 2 EWB rings; the pipe cut or the fakey knife edge, rather than the WF knife edge, as it is more expensive and I would prefer it stay scuff free for that kind of cash. (Considering the others are less than half the price even in plat.)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I will get a channel set. I know there are downsides, such as cleaning issues, but at least there won''t be any scuffing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 2:56:34 PM
Author: Steel
L to R :

WF Plat Knife Edge, Full Eternity 18ct WG (Local jeweller) 4 prong, My Darling Baby 1.014 D VS1 in WF Knife Edge Plat, WF Diamonds for eternity Plat, 2mm Plat Pipe cut band from eWeddingbands.com, 3mm Plat Scattered band WF (aka Mr Blobby), 2mm Knife Edge band from eWeddingbands.com.

HOLY CRAP!
6.gif

That''s A LOT OF SHOES. Is baby''s other name Imelda, perchance?
2.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am incapable of catching the flare from my eternity bands, so I will mix things up a bit and compare the bad bits of my eternity bands instead!

The one on the left, is my WF eternity. The one on the right is from a B&M in the BHX jewellery quarter.
WF:
F-G''s (If I remember correctly)
Shared Prong
No cleaning holes
Wonderfully clean and bright and sparkley and shiny

BHX:
They claimed they were G''s (Pull the other one, its got bells on
28.gif
)
4 Prong
Cleaning holes
Nice, but could only be ideal cut if craftperson had a blunt rusty blade. Seems to have fish eye. (But was 1st anniversary present and
30.gif
I LOVE it
30.gif
)

compareandcontrast.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Mug shot...

eternitycelebritychallenge.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are certainly blinged up missy!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 4:49:44 PM
Gorgeous!

My eldest son is nearly 18 now, but when he was 3 a Mr Blobby came to visit his nursery. Tom had always been terrified when he saw Mr Blobby on TV, so you can imagine his horror when he saw him walk into the hall. He started screaming at the top of his lungs, so thinking he was helping, the chap inside the suit saw fit to take the head off the costume.... just to show Tom it was just a man inside.

Well that just finished Tom off.... 'Mr Blobby is taking his head off!! MR BLOBBY IS TAKING HIS HEAD OFF!!!'

I couldn't move for laughing. I am such a great supportive parent aren't I? lol!

(For anyone wondering - Mr Blobby was a TV character on a saturday night show here in UK) I am assuming thats who you mean Steel!

Mr Blobby
Okay. Mr. Blobby is CREEPY. It has to be said, he's like Grimace on Acid. I would have screamed too. Taking his head off indeed! That's just WRONG.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

eternitysideshot.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Again,

You can see how it would scuff.

sideeternityseehowhighitsits.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results