shape
carat
color
clarity

As if this is shocking, Kim Kardashian files for divorce

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I decided that my last post had waaay too much negativity. Who am I to judge someone else's relationship? I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Maybe they really aren't right for each other, and maybe it's better to end things sooner rather than latter when there's children involved. It just sucks that marriages in generally seem to be such a disposable concept in today's society. If I threw in the towel every-time I had doubts in my marriage I would have been divorced about seven times. But my husband and I work through our issues and are stronger, happier, and more in love for it. I just wish more people including celebrities tried harder to work things out and not give up when things don't go their way, and think about other people including their partner, not just themselves.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
mrs jam|1320197548|3052200 said:
herekittykitty|1320194669|3052142 said:
Laila619|1320190738|3052079 said:
herekittykitty|1320178507|3051908 said:
ame|1320152725|3051612 said:
Not a lot of people knew who Humphries was before the show. His job--just as Lamars--actually in part hinges on the basketball teams and players coming up with a deal. They're on lockout right now. After that, Humpries just needs a team. And I bet whichever team would've picked him up would have preferred him married to a huge media draw.
Lamar Odom is a big star and Kris Humphries is a bench warmer. Yes they both are currently affected by the lockout, but Lamar had other endorsement deals before he married a Kardashian. Lamar is an Olympic bronze medalist and a world champion.

I don't think he's that good anymore. He only started 35 times in 2010.

I didn't say he was good. I said he was a big star.

Can't be that big of a star. Never heard of him until he married the chubby sister.

Do you watch professional basketball? The Olympics? The FIFA World Championships? He is a star. Shaq hadn't been good for 5 years when he retired over the summer. Still a star. Just because *you* have not heard of someone does not mean they are not a star.

Now for the second part? The chubby sister? Are you for real?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1320207626|3052322 said:
Galateia|1320207396|3052319 said:
Not a lot of people knew who Humphries was before the show. His job--just as Lamars--actually in part hinges on the basketball teams and players coming up with a deal. They're on lockout right now. After that, Humpries just needs a team. And I bet whichever team would've picked him up would have preferred him married to a huge media draw.
Lamar Odom is a big star and Kris Humphries is a bench warmer. Yes they both are currently affected by the lockout, but Lamar had other endorsement deals before he married a Kardashian. Lamar is an Olympic bronze medalist and a world champion.

Can't be that big of a star. Never heard of him until he married the chubby sister.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

I, for one, applaud Kim for being a healthier body role model for young girls. Note: BODY role model, not 'role model, period'. I would rather have 9 year olds aspiring to have Kim's body than Kate Moss's, which is what I aspired to when I was young.

I wasn't referring to Kim. She's a little overweight, but I was talking about the really chubby sister - the one married to Laker player.
I dare not ever post a pic if you think she's "really chubby".

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1320092290|3051201 said:
Honestly she's such a perfectionist I'm really surprised they are divorcing this quickly! It must be so embarrassing for her and her family! You would think they would have stuck it out for awhile and tried to work on it, has it been less than a year from when they started dating till they divorced? That's impressive!

I don't think she's a perfectionist. If she was she would have made sure not to make a sex tape with an ugly guy (or any guy) if she was a perfectionist she would have made sure that she knew a guy before she married him.

She's a good opportunist. But please lets all remember why this woman got famous in the first place. I don't watch any of her shows and I don't buy any of her products. This is as much as attention that I will give her.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
CherryBlossom|1320247804|3052533 said:
Honestly she's such a perfectionist I'm really surprised they are divorcing this quickly! It must be so embarrassing for her and her family! You would think they would have stuck it out for awhile and tried to work on it, has it been less than a year from when they started dating till they divorced? That's impressive!

I don't think she's a perfectionist. If she was she would have made sure not to make a sex tape with an ugly guy (or any guy) if she was a perfectionist she would have made sure that she knew a guy before she married him.

She's a good opportunist. But please lets all remember why this woman got famous in the first place. I don't watch any of her shows and I don't buy any of her products. This is as much as attention that I will give her.

Ray J is ugly now? He may not be your cup of tea but he is no doubt attractive. Nice skin, teeth, hair.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Imdanny|1320129249|3051528 said:
NakedFinger|1320098044|3051249 said:
I still maintain though, and this may be VERY cynical of me, that the entire thing was for publicity. From waiting to announce the engagement so that it coincided with the season premier of the show, to Kris Jenner being involved in the ring process, to them saying Kim paid for the ring (or it was donated), to the engagement party and the shower being in magazines, to them completely whoring all of the vendors they use (the registry, dropping names for her dress, the chef, the wedding planner...hell she couldnt even help dropping the name for the designer of her bridesmaids gift). Everything thing was calculated, and strategic. It was like one big money making machine for all involved....both the Kardashian family and everyone single vendor who got their name mentioned, and especially good old E! Network. They milked this for all its worth....even Khole (who, coincidentally, I am surprised lasted as long after knowing each other for 2 weeks), didnt get like a multiple episode special I dont think.

ETA: Whew that was long!!! Haha :cheeky: Sorry to vent, I just hate how celebrities completely tarnish the institution of marriage and dont take anything seriously. While I dont agree with living a long miserable life with someone just because you arent "supposed to" get divorced, I hardly call 2.5 months "trying". You vow in good times and in bad....sometimes the bad comes before the good.

My personal opinion too is that the whole thing was a publicity stunt. She is the daughter of a man who got OJ Simpson off from cold blooded murder and a glorified **** star. I don't find her beautiful, interesting, or sincere. I'm not sure what the "point" is of her celebrity.

Maybe I'm old school, but people in my day were like Madonna, they started from the bottom and worked their way up. Today it seems like so many celebrities are just kind of people who are notorious, silly, or otherwise who seem to have what they get handed to them on a silver platter, for no good reason.

Also, I'd like to note, without getting into the whole thing again, that Madonna is being celebrated on a Madonna blog I read for leaving her brother homeless under a bridge without even speaking to him for the past 18 months. Madonna is my second favorite star after Elizabeth Taylor. I'm certainly no "Madonna is a slut" and "Madonna can't sing"- never mind she actually did sing her way to #1 sales in the world- person. I'm a huge Madonna fan. I am not in any way biased against her. But sometimes when it comes to celebrities, and to all of the other people at the top of the economic pyramid, our society is just sick.

word.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
herekittykitty|1320247937|3052535 said:

Ray J is ugly now? He may not be your cup of tea but he is no doubt attractive. Nice skin, teeth, hair.

I guess he's attractive, but he always looked a lil too slick... and that makes him ugly to me. If he tried to talk to me at some club, I would run the other way.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, let's keep in mind that we're talking about a young "lady" here who became famous for her sex tape getting "leaked," and for having a derriere that is not proportionate to the rest of her frame. She managed to use those things to her advantage and now she's basically a salesperson peddling crap t.v. and crap products to the masses.

I used to enjoy watching the E channel, back when there was some variety and you could watch a True Hollywood Story that was actually interesting. Now it's the K channel...BORING.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
CherryBlossom|1320248075|3052541 said:
herekittykitty|1320247937|3052535 said:

I guess he's attractive, but he always looked a lil too slick... and that makes him ugly to me. If he tried to talk to me at some club, I would run the other way.

I can agree with that but then Kim's personality makes her an ugly person too.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
"This is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write. I see all of the support and I am so thankful for my fans, friends and family who are helping me through this difficult time.

I am trying not to read all the different media reports but it’s hard not to see all the negative ones. First and foremost, I married for love. I can’t believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show! I share so much of my life on a reality show, that contemplating whether to even film my wedding was a tough decision to make, and maybe it turned out to not be the smartest decision. But it’s who I am! We filmed Kourtney giving birth, Khloe getting married, break ups, make ups, our best moments and our worst moments. These were all real moments. That’s what makes us who we are. We share, we give, we love and we are open!

Everyone that knows me knows that I’m a hopeless romantic! I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon. I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn’t get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people.

I’m being honest here and I hope you respect my courage because this isn’t easy to go through. But I do know that I have to follow my heart. I never had the intention of hurting anybody and I accept full responsibility for my actions and decisions, and for taking everyone on this journey with me. It just didn’t turn out to be the fairy tale I had so badly hoped for.

There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this. I’m so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation.

I’m sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart and I believe now that I really am."

blog post from Kim K...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I think I'll have to disagree with most people about this entire thing...

I know a lot of people have always disliked the Kardashian family but for some reason, I have always liked them

I always liked Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe and I have always felt like there was definitely some "realness" there.

I, too, thought this would last longer than it did but at the same time I can understand what say was saying when she got "caught up in all of it." because really, you do.

I know that when I was wedding planning I was VERY, VERY caught up in it....of course, for the right reasons but I can see how someone can get blinded at such a crazy time especially since she chose to do it so fast. In a statement Kim released, she acknowledges having made some bad decisions through the whole process.

I feel bad for Kris because apparently he really had no idea this was even coming and I do think they did love each other.

I know that Kim donating all of the money from the wedding gifts off to a charity may be to save face but there is something inside me that doesn't think so. I really do believe she is disappointed and sad over this and she is hurting in her own way.

As for the ring, I have a feeling that Kim and Kris will go ahead and do something charity related with that too.

I feel bad for Kim, too. I feel like the girl has been searching for love for a long time and just couldn't seem to find what she was looking for and when she finally met Kris...it became a whirlwind for her because she felt like this was the one.

Here is Kim's mom interviewing: http://perezhilton.com/2011-11-02-kris-jenner-appears-on-the-today-show

and here is Kim's first interview post divorce: http://perezhilton.com/2011-11-02-kim-kardashian-gives-first-post-divorce-interview-to-australia-radio-show

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1320248682|3052555 said:
"This is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write. I see all of the support and I am so thankful for my fans, friends and family who are helping me through this difficult time.

I am trying not to read all the different media reports but it’s hard not to see all the negative ones. First and foremost, I married for love. I can’t believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show! I share so much of my life on a reality show, that contemplating whether to even film my wedding was a tough decision to make, and maybe it turned out to not be the smartest decision. But it’s who I am! We filmed Kourtney giving birth, Khloe getting married, break ups, make ups, our best moments and our worst moments. These were all real moments. That’s what makes us who we are. We share, we give, we love and we are open!

Everyone that knows me knows that I’m a hopeless romantic! I love with all of my heart and soul. I want a family and babies and a real life so badly that maybe I rushed in to something too soon. I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn’t get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people.

I’m being honest here and I hope you respect my courage because this isn’t easy to go through. But I do know that I have to follow my heart. I never had the intention of hurting anybody and I accept full responsibility for my actions and decisions, and for taking everyone on this journey with me. It just didn’t turn out to be the fairy tale I had so badly hoped for.

There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this. I’m so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation.

I’m sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart and I believe now that I really am."

blog post from Kim K...

Her whole life is one big lie, from her plastic surgery to her relationships.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1320207626|3052322 said:
Galateia|1320207396|3052319 said:

Seriously? :rolleyes:

I, for one, applaud Kim for being a healthier body role model for young girls. Note: BODY role model, not 'role model, period'. I would rather have 9 year olds aspiring to have Kim's body than Kate Moss's, which is what I aspired to when I was young.

I wasn't referring to Kim. She's a little overweight, but I was talking about the really chubby sister - the one married to Laker player.

I don't think Kim is overweight at all. She has a great body - very voluptuous - nice breasts, small waist, wide hips, strong legs. In my culture (not American), her body type is the ideal body type for a woman.(DH says she's perfect) I think that popular American media/culture prizes a different aesthetic - thin, slim hips etc - so women who fall outside of that are likely to be seen as plump, when their figures are just fine for their frames. I don't think Khloe is chubby either. She clearly has a taller, larger frame than her sisters (she's more like her mother) - so her weight is in proportion to her frame. I don't know about her eating habits,but In the last episode I watched,she was trying to eat healthy and was scolding her brother Rob for eating so much junk food. Lamar is known to be an avid junk food consumer, though - the snacks are probably his.

On another note, I actually like the Kardashian show as well. I like that they're very close as a family, and that even they get angry with each other they're able to express themselves openly, apologize and kiss and make-up. I love that they're affectionate with each other, have fun as a family and can be loud and zany. It's obvious that they love each other a lot and that the family is important to them. To me, they seem like most regular families, minus the millions of dollars. ::)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1320100281|3051279 said:
Yeah, I will have to say I think the whole thing was an elaborate money-making sham. Or maybe scam would be a better word.
DITTTTTOOOOOOOOOO. This family of grifters is full of emotionally-stunted sad sad desperate pawns of that maniacal mother. Disgusted at the American public for buying into this cr*p for one second ... much less: STILL. Wake up suckers!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've never watched any of the Kardashian shows (whatever they are/how many there are). In fact, all I know is from what I've seen on tabloid covers. Up until a day or two ago, I thought she was pregnant! :wacko:

One thought I doubt though is that Kim is embarrassed. Seems like there is so much attention/judgement placed on her and her family that she's long past the point of really caring what anyone thinks of her as long as she gets her attention, be it positive or negative!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

WORD.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1320255326|3052643 said:
Yeah, I will have to say I think the whole thing was an elaborate money-making sham. Or maybe scam would be a better word.
DITTTTTOOOOOOOOOO. This family of grifters is full of emotionally-stunted sad sad desperate pawns of that maniacal mother. Disgusted at the American public for buying into this cr*p for one second ... much less: STILL. Wake up suckers!

Thritto! And "grifters" is a perfect term for them.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1320255326|3052643 said:

Guess I'm a sucker and I'll keep on sleeping...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else think it's wrong to write a check to charity in lieu of returning the wedding gifts they received?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1320270737|3052826 said:
Does anyone else think it's wrong to write a check to charity in lieu of returning the wedding gifts they received?
Yes, she should return the gifts.

I am just wondering how anyone buys this whole fiasco considering this is her 2nd marriage.......

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Depends how you look at it. A lot of the people present were big name celebrity stars, I'm willing to bet half of them don't mind that the money is going to charity and they would support her choice to do so.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty|1320273617|3052849 said:

I am just wondering how anyone buys this whole fiasco considering this is her 2nd marriage.......

I don't think this being her second marriage would make me second guess the legitimacy of the marriage at all....

How many people do you know are married now for the 2nd time around? Their marriage NOW isn't any less legit...is it?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1320274347|3052860 said:
Depends how you look at it. A lot of the people present were big name celebrity stars, I'm willing to bet half of them don't mind that the money is going to charity and they would support her choice to do so.
I guess she really can do no wrong in your eyes. Why should being a celebrity or having money have anything to do with what they'd want done with their wedding gifts? It's been 72 days for goddsake. IMHO she should return all the gifts AND donate to charity. But even that won't stop this from being her "jump the shark" moment.

People used to know the soap operas they watched were fake. It's amazing that with all this technology and openness -- SOMEHOW people don't realize reality shows are modern soap operas & faked faked faked. And I say this from *inside* the industry.

Do you think Ryan Seacrest is *really* dating Julianne Hough also? True love! (*cough* BEARD *cough*)

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember|1320274427|3052861 said:
herekittykitty|1320273617|3052849 said:

I don't think this being her second marriage would make me second guess the legitimacy of the marriage at all....

How many people do you know are married now for the 2nd time around? Their marriage NOW isn't any less legit...is it?
No, but a second marriage that occurs in conjunction with the filming of a tv show is not legit.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1320274808|3052866 said:
I guess she really can do no wrong in your eyes. Why should being a celebrity or having money have anything to do with what they'd want done with their wedding gifts? It's been 72 days for goddsake. IMHO she should return all the gifts AND donate to charity. But even that won't stop this from being her "jump the shark" moment.

People used to know the soap operas they watched were fake. It's amazing that with all this technology and openness -- SOMEHOW people don't realize reality shows are modern soap operas & faked faked faked. And I say this from *inside* the industry.

Do you think Ryan Seacrest is *really* dating Julianne Hough also? True love! (*cough* BEARD *cough*)

Haha. Why are you so upset that I don't see it the way that you do?

Because being a celebrity DOES change things in MANY ways, that's why excluding the fact that they are celebrities and taking that out of the equation isn't really possible in my eyes. Perhaps it is in your mind. In YOUR mind she should return all the gits, and maybe she should, but in MY mind I don't think her donating the money to charity is WRONG.

Me having my opinion regarding the topic doesn't mean that I don't think a lot of reality shows are fake, CLEARLY, I know that...and I say that from "inside" the industry too....I've done "reality" TV.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1320276728|3052882 said:
Me having my opinion regarding the topic doesn't mean that I don't think a lot of reality shows are fake, CLEARLY, I know that...and I say that from "inside" the industry too....I've done "reality" TV.
Your opinion doesn't upset me. I find it fascinating (and lucrative) that SO MANY PEOPLE apparently believe. So, since you've seen behind the curtain -- seriously, you really think Kim's wedding was legit? Or is it just willfull blindness because you have some affinity for her or relate to her/admire her in some way?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1320279511|3052916 said:
Your opinion doesn't upset me. I find it fascinating (and lucrative) that SO MANY PEOPLE apparently believe. So, since you've seen behind the curtain -- seriously, you really think Kim's wedding was legit? Or is it just willfull blindness because you have some affinity for her or relate to her/admire her in some way?

Ok, good. I was just making sure.

I'm not sure why I think it's legit...I still can't put my finger on it.

More than anything, I feel bad for her because no matter how much money she has on her account she seems lonely as hell and *maybe* that is why I thought it was real. I definitely don't relate to her on any level, so that can't be it....and I don't really admire her either....so that's out.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1320279956|3052919 said:
Ok, good. I was just making sure. I'm not sure why I think it's legit...I still can't put my finger on it. More than anything, I feel bad for her because no matter how much money she has on her account she seems lonely as hell and *maybe* that is why I thought it was real. I definitely don't relate to her on any level, so that can't be it....and I don't really admire her either....so that's out.
Well we can agree on feeling bad for her. I'd guess it was about 1/2 money making scheme & 1/2 attempt to change the story about her from sad, desperate Reggie Bush clingon passing her expiration date without landing a big fish & bigger bling. Seems to have backfired in a big way through. If any of these crazy "aspires to be Elizabeth Taylor" blind items have even a wisp of truth then I just pity her.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1320274808|3052866 said:

The fact that we used to be entertained by known fiction is now kind of quaint, isn't it? Remember when Luke and Laura got married in the early 80's and millions watched? Well I guess now we have to think it's "real" to get that excited?? I never watched an episode of "Kardashians" until all the hype about her wedding. Beeyotch went and got married on my 50th birthday, so it piqued my interest. I find their so-called lives completely boring. The brother likes to binge eat and can't figure out which sister to live with to kick this habit; Kim disinvites her sister to her bachelorette party...seriously? Give me back a good cat fight between Crystal and Alexis, please!

luke-and-laura.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1320280527|3052921 said:
Autumnovember|1320279956|3052919 said:
Ok, good. I was just making sure. I'm not sure why I think it's legit...I still can't put my finger on it. More than anything, I feel bad for her because no matter how much money she has on her account she seems lonely as hell and *maybe* that is why I thought it was real. I definitely don't relate to her on any level, so that can't be it....and I don't really admire her either....so that's out.
Well we can agree on feeling bad for her. I'd guess it was about 1/2 money making scheme & 1/2 attempt to change the story about her from sad, desperate Reggie Bush clingon passing her expiration date without landing a big fish & bigger bling. Seems to have backfired in a big way through. If any of these crazy "aspires to be Elizabeth Taylor" blind items have even a wisp of truth then I just pity her.

Dlisted! :) love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results