shape
carat
color
clarity

As if this is shocking, Kim Kardashian files for divorce

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
$10,000,000 wedding. 72 day marriage. That's almost $139,000 a day. Hope the publicity was worth the expense. What a sham!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1320109478|3051383 said:
I believe they got married to boost both of their careers. Whether they are married or divorced, they are both getting the publicity. Before the marriage who knew who Kris Humphries was unless you were really into football. This fiasco will get Kim signed up for more reality TV and Kris will get a football contract.
*cough* basketball.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
NakedFinger|1320098044|3051249 said:
I still maintain though, and this may be VERY cynical of me, that the entire thing was for publicity. From waiting to announce the engagement so that it coincided with the season premier of the show, to Kris Jenner being involved in the ring process, to them saying Kim paid for the ring (or it was donated), to the engagement party and the shower being in magazines, to them completely whoring all of the vendors they use (the registry, dropping names for her dress, the chef, the wedding planner...hell she couldnt even help dropping the name for the designer of her bridesmaids gift). Everything thing was calculated, and strategic. It was like one big money making machine for all involved....both the Kardashian family and everyone single vendor who got their name mentioned, and especially good old E! Network. They milked this for all its worth....even Khole (who, coincidentally, I am surprised lasted as long after knowing each other for 2 weeks), didnt get like a multiple episode special I dont think.

ETA: Whew that was long!!! Haha :cheeky: Sorry to vent, I just hate how celebrities completely tarnish the institution of marriage and dont take anything seriously. While I dont agree with living a long miserable life with someone just because you arent "supposed to" get divorced, I hardly call 2.5 months "trying". You vow in good times and in bad....sometimes the bad comes before the good.

My personal opinion too is that the whole thing was a publicity stunt. She is the daughter of a man who got OJ Simpson off from cold blooded murder and a glorified **** star. I don't find her beautiful, interesting, or sincere. I'm not sure what the "point" is of her celebrity.

Maybe I'm old school, but people in my day were like Madonna, they started from the bottom and worked their way up. Today it seems like so many celebrities are just kind of people who are notorious, silly, or otherwise who seem to have what they get handed to them on a silver platter, for no good reason.

Also, I'd like to note, without getting into the whole thing again, that Madonna is being celebrated on a Madonna blog I read for leaving her brother homeless under a bridge without even speaking to him for the past 18 months. Madonna is my second favorite star after Elizabeth Taylor. I'm certainly no "Madonna is a slut" and "Madonna can't sing"- never mind she actually did sing her way to #1 sales in the world- person. I'm a huge Madonna fan. I am not in any way biased against her. But sometimes when it comes to celebrities, and to all of the other people at the top of the economic pyramid, our society is just sick.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
ame|1320110386|3051394 said:
I believe they got married to boost both of their careers. Whether they are married or divorced, they are both getting the publicity. Before the marriage who knew who Kris Humphries was unless you were really into football. This fiasco will get Kim signed up for more reality TV and Kris will get a football contract.
*cough* basketball.
That just goes to show how "famous" he was. I never heard of him before his marriage to Kim and now he's all over the news. I heard the publicity has helped his basketball team and he may get his old job back.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I won't watch her show, I won't buy magazines with her on the cover. If more people did the same, she'd go away. She's not famous for any talent so she should just go away. The whole family needs to go back to their shallow, money grubbing lives and leave the public alone. This just confirms it for me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a lot of people knew who Humphries was before the show. His job--just as Lamars--actually in part hinges on the basketball teams and players coming up with a deal. They're on lockout right now. After that, Humpries just needs a team. And I bet whichever team would've picked him up would have preferred him married to a huge media draw.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am NOT a Kardashian fan, I think they are all ridiculous. You would have thought she would have tried a little bit harder since this is marriage number two. They showed a clip of her vows where she said till death do us part. What a laugh. Most people give a thought or at least have a conversation about wanting to live in another state BEFORE marriage. Geez.

The clip that they have showed where he told her by the time her first kid went to kindergarten no one would care about her anymore was
a little harsh. I thought it showed such a lack of respect for her and was kind of a mean thing to say.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
makemepretty|1320141337|3051560 said:
I won't watch her show, I won't buy magazines with her on the cover. If more people did the same, she'd go away. She's not famous for any talent so she should just go away. The whole family needs to go back to their shallow, money grubbing lives and leave the public alone. This just confirms it for me.

I wonder. I have never known who the Kardashians were or where they came from. I opened this thread on a whim, because the name "Kardashian" is as ubiquitous as it is mysterious in the reason for its fame! Now, at least, from Danny's posting, I have gleaned the information that OJ Simpson's trial may have propelled the family to fame! That insight is worth its weight in gold to me!!! Finally, I have a clue as to why they are famous!!! It seemed to me that they just instantly sprang onto magazine covers from nowhere. I knew I hadn't seen them in any movies or anything! But I digress (I think).

I know nothing of how this wedding came to pass, because I don't know one Kardashian from the other, but this thread was very useful in helping me to get at how "Kardashian" came to be part of the lexicon in 2011. Thanks to all of you!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If there are any tapes of their show left 50 years from now, I can picture people watching the shows, scratching their heads and asking each other "What was that?"

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Just to avoid the embarassement I would have tried to make it work for 1 year. You can make almost anything work for 1 year.

Maybe it's another publicity stunt? I saw this statement by Kris saying he was devestated, blindsided and willing to do anything to make it work.They could do this whole reconciliation thing...and then renew their vows for another 10 million dollars. Something to keep their names in the press.

I actually think this wedding overload might have been *too much* publicity. Coupled with all of the divorce coverage that is to follow, I think it might be over exposure. And I actually like Kim Kardashian!! I think she's a beautiful girl. In my mind she's fameous for being beautiful, in the same why that models are fameous for being beautiful. I don't think it's any different.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1320155738|3051644 said:

I wonder. I have never known who the Kardashians were or where they came from. I opened this thread on a whim, because the name "Kardashian" is as ubiquitous as it is mysterious in the reason for its fame! Now, at least, from Danny's posting, I have gleaned the information that OJ Simpson's trial may have propelled the family to fame! That insight is worth its weight in gold to me!!! Finally, I have a clue as to why they are famous!!! It seemed to me that they just instantly sprang onto magazine covers from nowhere. I knew I hadn't seen them in any movies or anything! But I digress (I think).

I know nothing of how this wedding came to pass, because I don't know one Kardashian from the other, but this thread was very useful in helping me to get at how "Kardashian" came to be part of the lexicon in 2011. Thanks to all of you!

Deb/AGBF

Deb, I didn't really know who they were either and then I heard they had a reality show. I guess the only reason I know a little about them is because of the few times I stood in line at Target and Kim was on the cover. I guess she has sisters too and I was watching one of the Morning shows and Kim had some workout video. I had no clue who she was and why she was famous until I saw the magazines at Target. lol

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1320155738|3051644 said:

Deb/AGBF

Yes, Kim's father was the lawyer in OJ's trial. But, the Kardashian's began to be a media buzz after a sex tape of Kim and R & B singer Ray J "leaked". Eight months later, their television show Keeping Up With The Kardashians began.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a joke. She can't even make it 3 months with the sham publicity marriage. I'm sure she is laughing all the way to the bank.

I hope everyone who watches their show(s) finally feel like the fools they are and stops watching.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
lucky dragon|1320100402|3051280 said:
i thought it would last at least long enought for her to have a bady....so she could have a new acessory to carry around

A baby? You can't have a baby nowadays in the celebrity world from a husband. You have to get one either as a single mom, or else adopt, preferably from some war torn country in Africa.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1320152725|3051612 said:
Not a lot of people knew who Humphries was before the show. His job--just as Lamars--actually in part hinges on the basketball teams and players coming up with a deal. They're on lockout right now. After that, Humpries just needs a team. And I bet whichever team would've picked him up would have preferred him married to a huge media draw.
Lamar Odom is a big star and Kris Humphries is a bench warmer. Yes they both are currently affected by the lockout, but Lamar had other endorsement deals before he married a Kardashian. Lamar is an Olympic bronze medalist and a world champion.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I like the show and I watch it. The wedding seems real to me. As her sisters said once, Kim falls hard and quickly in love. Sadly she made a mistake on him.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm definitely the odd person here because I really wanted them to work out. I did watch the wedding and I kept thinking the whole time that Kris H. is the kind of person that Kim needed. He made her realize that she needed to loosen up and not be such a spoiled B****. Even though he was the younger one he seemed to have both feet firmly on the ground and really seemed to just want to love Kim and start a family. Many other men in Kim's world wouldn't have been as caring and focused on her. He never backed down every time her family gave him a hard time. He's a joking fun kind of person and they took him way to seriously. His humor was fun and the only thing that family laughs at is sexual innuendo, trashy. Did anybody else notice during the wedding special that Kim picked up a tabloid when they were at the grocery store and read that Khloe was jealous of Kim's wedding and Kim INSTANTLY BELIEVED it about her OWN SISTER! Kris H. was the one who told Kim that she should probably just go talk to Khloe. It's very likely that Kim and Kris H. were doing fine until Kim picked up some other tabloid and believed whatever crap it said about her new Husband. I feel horrible for Kris H. who is young and probably really in love and his wife won't even trust him or give him a chance to work things out. She can't see a good guy when he's standing right in front of her. Kim has tunnel vision in her world of glam and it's really sad to watch somebody with so much potential waste her life away waiting for the next big thing, especially when you can tell she obviously wants to start a family of her own and threw it all down the drain. What a waste. At least Kris H. can hopefully learn something from this and stay far far away from the world of fake people and flashing lights.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it would last longer than 72 days. They were engaged for 80-something days, and I thought the marriage would at least outlast their engagement.

I never really understood the rush either. Get to know each other a little, you know? What I thought was funny was how Khloe was so judgmental about Kim and Kris when she had only known Lamar for a very short time before they got engaged.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is kind of OT, but for those who watched the wedding special, did it bug you too that Kim and Kris registered for gifts? That seemed greedy to me. They have everything they could possibly want and need. I truly don't get some people. They really do live in their own little world.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Some radio station made (shameless) fun of it today..."marriage lasted 72 days, gosh seemed to DRAG out all season"....

cheers--Sharon

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Kim Who? Cares!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
herekittykitty|1320178507|3051908 said:
Lamar Odom is a big star and Kris Humphries is a bench warmer. Yes they both are currently affected by the lockout, but Lamar had other endorsement deals before he married a Kardashian. Lamar is an Olympic bronze medalist and a world champion.

I don't think he's that good anymore. He only started 35 times in 2010.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1320190738|3052079 said:

I didn't say he was good. I said he was a big star.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
herekittykitty|1320194669|3052142 said:

Can't be that big of a star. Never heard of him until he married the chubby sister.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Basketball haha

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
mrs jam|1320197548|3052200 said:

Can't be that big of a star. Never heard of him until he married the chubby sister.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

I, for one, applaud Kim for being a healthier body role model for young girls. Note: BODY role model, not 'role model, period'. I would rather have 9 year olds aspiring to have Kim's body than Kate Moss's, which is what I aspired to when I was young.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Galateia|1320207396|3052319 said:

I, for one, applaud Kim for being a healthier body role model for young girls. Note: BODY role model, not 'role model, period'. I would rather have 9 year olds aspiring to have Kim's body than Kate Moss's, which is what I aspired to when I was young.

I wasn't referring to Kim. She's a little overweight, but I was talking about the really chubby sister - the one married to Laker player.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
mrs jam|1320207626|3052322 said:

I wasn't referring to Kim. She's a little overweight, but I was talking about the really chubby sister.

Oh, I know you weren't talking about Kim. You were talking about the tall one married to Lamar Odom. I think it's horrible that you called her 'chubby' because comments like that are contributing to unrealistic and negative body image conventions that are perpetrated by the media and people who lemming right in step. :nono:

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Galateia|1320207830|3052324 said:
mrs jam|1320207626|3052322 said:

I wasn't referring to Kim. She's a little overweight, but I was talking about the really chubby sister.

Oh, I know you weren't talking about Kim. You were talking about the tall one married to Lamar Odom. I think it's horrible that you called her 'chubby' because comments like that are contributing to unrealistic and negative body image conventions that are perpetrated by the media and people who lemming right in step. :nono:

Um, sorry, but to me, she is large. People who are larger than they should be should have a negative body image. It's good motivation to kick it into gear and work off a few lbs. I saw one episode of the show that showed huge urns of candy and domes of cookies all over her kitchen counters. That's not exactly healthy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results