color
clarity

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL !!!! 2010 - 2011

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
sillyberry said:
My favorite opposing fan story...

Back in 1971, my mom was in College Station for the traditional Thanksgiving game between Texas and Texas A&M. My uncle was in the Corps, so she was sitting in the middle of a sea of Aggies cheering her head off for the Longhorns. Clearly hostile territory.

A guy behind her in his military uniform yelled "lady, if you don't shut the %@#$ up, I'm going to throw you off the bleachers." She turned around to face him...nine months pregnant (my sister was born on December 8th). "Are you going to throw a pregnant woman off the bleachers?"

He looked at her for a moment, then said "no, ma'am, but my friend will."

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA. Oh, Aggies kill me. ;-)

For some reason? The Thanksgiving game brings the worst out in the fans from both sides...our teams play pretty aggressively- but that doesn't hold a candle to the fans.

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Kaleigh said:
iwannaprettyone said:
Kaleigh said:
Go EAGLES!!!!!!

I remember you Denise!!! Fondly in fact , even if you were against my team!!! :cheeky:

I am going to be a dual fan this year.. Dallas Cowboys!!! Our best friends son is playing for them. He is a rookie, graduated from UVA. He played in last Sunday's game, was sent in for an injured player.. He did a great job!! So of course am rooting for him and for the Cowboys big time.

That's sacrilidge in Philly... BUT ask me if I care??? :tongue:

Really?? Who is it so I can look for him :))) We'll take you as a fan Kaleigh, even if your top spot is the Eagles :bigsmile:

IWAPO,
He got traded to Tampa!!!! Spent all summer with the Cowboys.. First name is William ... Oh well, hoping things go well for him in Tampa!!! But thanks for being willing to to take me in as a fan!!!! You're a class act~~~~

Oh nooooooooo !!! Say it isn't so :(sad Well maybe someday he'll make it back here. Hope he's happy with the Bucks .... Not :bigsmile:

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Roll Tide

les12

Shiny_Rock
Who's pulling for the Saints tonight?!?!!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey les, two dat!!

les12

Shiny_Rock
Alright gayletmom! GEAUX SAINTS!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just starting my tivo recording of the pre-game show. Can't wait to get to kickoff!

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Who Dat Nation !!! :appl:

I hate the saints. I want to punch sean payton in the face. He is so smug. gah!!! :mrgreen:

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
bean said:
I hate the saints. I want to punch sean payton in the face. He is so smug. gah!!! :mrgreen:

Hi Bean, sorry to hear that.

I have a different perspective. One of the reasons we love Sean Payton so much in NO is that he has ushered in an era of community involvement and civic responsibility among the players and the coaches. And I don't just mean the big, showy events. I've seen him right down to the local high school fundraiser auction level-and his kids don't even go there. In the last four years alone, various Saints players and coaches have started many foundations and community service organizations. They're out there in all sorts of volunteer capacities all the time-including Sean and Beth Payton. And he's stocked the team with many fine, respectable individuals-aside from their prowess on the football field. I mean, have you ever met anyone as likable as Drew Brees? For the rest, he keeps the big egos and foolish behavior in check. He's definitely old school football-work hard, study hard and come prepared-and not touchy feely (except for giving Super Bowl rings to a couple of retired veterans) but we love him!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LA Jennifer - are you out there? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm having chest pains. Seriously. I am NOT wearing any of my WVU shirts when we go eat in Huntington tomorrow night.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Gayletmom said:
::snip:: I mean, have you ever met anyone as likable as Drew Brees?!
I don't hate the Saints, and I don't love the Colts, but two words: Peyton Manning. His SNL United Way commercial alone makes him awesome!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
deegee said:
LA Jennifer - are you out there? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm having chest pains. Seriously. I am NOT wearing any of my WVU shirts when we go eat in Huntington tomorrow night.

That game had "trap" written all over it! Poor, poor officiating - the main ref was a former Big East ref who was let go. Josh Jenkins (OL) said the DL kept shouting Cadence Calls all night (to draw them off sides) and the refs didn't care. But a win is all that matters. Go ahead and wear your gear!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I am going to die at 35 thanks to Michigan Football games like that.

But a win is a win...GO BLUE!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh...Charbie...congrats on sending the Hurricanes back to Florida as a tropical depression. :cheeky:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
How many batteries does it take to light up Virginia Tech?

1 AA

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Tee hee .. that's funny. :cheeky:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Chris Rainey :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Really !!! NO comments from anyone on the Cowboys despicable loss to the Skins ??? :nono: Go right ahead ... I'm ready :blackeye:

At least the Texans game was super exciting. First Tailgate of the year ... WOO HOO !!! Lots of food, BBQ, drinks and talkin' smack until our lips fall off.

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think we have more Tailgaters here than anywhere in the world. They are serious down here !!!

IMG_0621.JPG

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Look at these two dudes ... Can you believe they showed up to the game wearing this ?? It was so funny but yet very distracting during the game. :lol:

IMG_0672.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Denise - I must challenge your tailgater claim. I'll get pictures next home game.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Born and raised in Columbus Ohio, home of hte Buckeyes. GO BUCKS!

It's a rivalry in my house as my husband is from Michigan and we watch that rival game every year with my family calling to make comments to my husband, great fun.

brutus.jpg

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
autumngems said:
Born and raised in Columbus Ohio, home of hte Buckeyes. GO BUCKS!

It's a rivalry in my house as my husband is from Michigan and we watch that rival game every year with my family calling to make comments to my husband, great fun.

I've actually been to Columbus, OH many times years ago. My bestest friend at the time graduated from there. So every time I went I loaded up with Buckeyes stuff. :appl: I went there hoping to see snow and of course it snowed every time AFTER I left. :???:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
My stupid fiancé is a stupid Bears fan. I hate my life.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
GO TEXANS!!!!

Da Boys already lost....

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
TEXANS WIN....WHAT A GAME....WOO HOO!!!!! :appl:

Lori

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ohhh my!! The TEXANS win!!!!!!!!!!! Shewwww... I really thought Kubiak blew it for us when he didn't even attempt that free kick we had. Woooowza!!! :naughty:

Gotta love it! The Bucks just keeeeeep winning!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I won't even discuss the Vikings.... there are no words...ughh

However, what I am MOST excited about is that the Cowboys keep on losing!!!! :appl: (can't wait to rub it in to Denise!!! lol)

:wavey:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just need to poin this out.

For the 6th time with Urban Meyer as coach.... the Florida Gators BEAT Tennessee.

That is all.

Denise222

Rough_Rock
Trade
Diamond Princess said:
Ohhh my!! The TEXANS win!!!!!!!!!!! Shewwww... I really thought Kubiak blew it for us when he didn't even attempt that free kick we had. Woooowza!!! :naughty:

Gotta love it! The Bucks just keeeeeep winning!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I won't even discuss the Vikings.... there are no words...ughh

However, what I am MOST excited about is that the Cowboys keep on losing!!!! :appl: (can't wait to rub it in to Denise!!! lol)

:wavey:

Cough, cough sniffle sniffle ... I think I'm too sick to go to work tomorrow. :errrr: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results