• 1. Reset into yellow gold.

Votes: 44 95.7%
  • 2. Just stop, Gussie. Just stop!

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have another reset dilemma. I recently got a lab diamond and had it set in a very simple collet style setting. I absolutely love it and have worn it almost daily. But I feel guilty that my ACA ering is just sitting there. I know it's the white metal that I don't like. The EW Margot setting is fabulous, unbelievably gorgeous. But I have completely migrated away from white metals. I almost died when I saw how beautiful @MamaBee's new ring is! I am leaning toward a simple yg bezel with no frills. I don't want my ering to become "fashion jewelry" and something in me irrationally believes an ering should be in white metal. But I'm not wearing it at all! Thoughts?

Note - thank goodness for psers. Everyone I know irl would think I am crazy!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But I'm not wearing it at all! Thoughts?

Give it to me and you can quit worrying about the metal :bigsmile:
Or reset it into YG because life is short, follow your heart, feed your soul.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I've never been particularly partial to white metals, hence my vote. Usually, I'm the odd one out with that. Go for it.
But styles are swinging my way again, huzzah!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Gussie....I think you should go for the yellow gold… I hate to say this because I just got my ACA reset in 18k white gold..but the 18k yellow gold ring looks so much more lush. I can’t describe it. I know you prefer yellow gold. I would go for it. Keep the EW Margot in case you change your mind later..There’s no wrong decision because you can always switch back..

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have another reset dilemma. I recently got a lab diamond and had it set in a very simple collet style setting. I absolutely love it and have worn it almost daily. But I feel guilty that my ACA ering is just sitting there. I know it's the white metal that I don't like. The EW Margot setting is fabulous, unbelievably gorgeous. But I have completely migrated away from white metals. I almost died when I saw how beautiful @MamaBee's new ring is! I am leaning toward a simple yg bezel with no frills. I don't want my ering to become "fashion jewelry" and something in me irrationally believes an ering should be in white metal. But I'm not wearing it at all! Thoughts?

Note - thank goodness for psers. Everyone I know irl would think I am crazy!

Can we see photos of both things?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your inspiration is one of my faves and I have had that saved for years. I also love a bezel! I think you should reset into yellow gold, but perhaps in a different style than the collet/bezel so you have different options.
Life is short, go for the gold!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like all metal colors and have some of each, but honestly, I wear my YG the most, next is the YG shank with WG basket, after that is the WG and then the Rose. Have you thought about mixed metals? But honestly, if you prefer yellow, go for it. I don't see why an ER needs to be any color than the one you prefer.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough decision!!

How would you feel about a second ring? Maybe with a lab diamond? That’d give you both white and yellow metal options… But of course only one ACA still.

I’m thinking the downside of a yellow bezel is that you can’t reuse it if you decide to switch back to white one day but want to keep the yellow option for future. But a second ring could be a “forever as is”…

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about an EW Margot in yellow gold?

P

Petalouda

I am also partial to gold metals, which is funny as both rings (one since sold) were in platinum. I think if I were to ever get another ring, I would go for gold. (Ironically I'm lusting after a gold EW either Grace cathedral or Margot). I got a gold single stone band to satisfy my itch for now. I think gold was the norm until recent times but don't quote me on this. Would a gold EW Margot be an option? It would be absolutely amazing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can use a bezel ring again. I’ve had David Klass remove diamonds from bezels. He repairs the bezel when you want to reset another stone in the ring. The bezel looks like it’s never been touched.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use a bezel ring again. I’ve had David Klass remove diamonds from bezels. He repairs the bezel when you want to reset another stone in the ring. The bezel looks like it’s never been touched.

Good to know!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Not me over here reading this thread to my husband and saying, “she should sell it to me!” :lol-2:

In all seriousness, a couple of options:
-Would you consider another e-ring in yellow gold to satisfy the yellow gold itch?
-What about flanking your Margot with a couple of rich yellow gold bands, like the Jane from Singlestone?
-Would it be even remotely possible (and y’all don’t shoot me for even suggesting this) to reset AND salvage some of what you love about the Margot? Could you take the head off the Margot and join it to a lush yellow gold shank?

Fwiw, I love love love white metals, and would vote that diamonds (high enough in color, which yours certainly is!) look wonderful in platinum or white gold.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
DO IT @Gussie ! I reset my F color emerald cut in a yellow gold bezel and I have no regrets. I love the way it looks now. It feels so sleek and updated to me. I wear her A LOT more.

However, I did keep my original platinum setting so I always have the flexibility to pop ec back in. Your platinum setting is exquisite so I would keep it for the same reason.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@MamaBee Hmm, he told me he couldn’t really repair the bezel on mine…

@Gussie What if you wore a gold band (or two?) with the platinum Margot? It is dainty enough that the gold would be more noticeable than the white metal?

P

Petalouda

@Slickk and @Tonks suggested pairing with a gold band and it reminded me that i tried on the Margot a few months ago while wearing my SS Julia band! The Margot had a 2 carat CZ in it. It was a size 6.5 for reference. AEA60F68-75E5-4186-9CF4-B056D0613683.jpeg

Attachments

• 368BAC2C-5E67-4DAE-9947-02547A3911C0.jpeg
    368BAC2C-5E67-4DAE-9947-02547A3911C0.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 133
  • A5A70D64-1D3D-4D65-A473-F64A8E923F25.jpeg
    A5A70D64-1D3D-4D65-A473-F64A8E923F25.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 134

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee Hmm, he told me he couldn’t really repair the bezel on mine…

@Gussie What if you wore a gold band (or two?) with the platinum Margot? It is dainty enough that the gold would be more noticeable than the white metal?

@Slickk He removed Bee from my bezel diamond halo and replaced it with a blue sapphire. He rebuilt the bezel.
He also removed Ashlee from the bezel diamond baguette halo and replaced it with the lab sapphire. He rebuilt the bezel.
They both were more difficult to remove and fix but they came out perfectly....All I know is he did it twice for me.

Last edited:
I think the yellow bezel looks too close to the collet setting, IMO. If you do want to reset I would think of a different YG setting.

FWIW I always prefer a YG setting with a WG/plat head because I don’t want to introduce extra yellow into the stone.

Your EW Margot would’ve been a ridiculously expensive setting, so I would either try and sell it as a mount if you’re 100% sure you won’t want it again, or I would keep it in case you want to switch it back.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
20220602_161705.jpg
20220602_180349.jpg
20210527_131815.jpg
20210527_132030.jpg

I would reset to something similar to this

Screenshot_20220821-010318_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220821-010400_Chrome.jpg

You should get exactly what you know you’ll wear most. Your Margot is stunning, but a chunky gold bezel is so amazing. If you switch, I’d hang onto the Margot to make absolutely sure if you’re wavering at all.

I wanted to mention as I’ve had a reset (way back when) that was an exact replica of this inspo. It was easy to wear and very comfy.

But…I think because of the combo of the detailed gallery + bezel + little donut, it actually trapped water. I wash my hands a lot, and found myself having to blow water out of the basket Every. Single. Time. Or, it would slowly seep out. It drove me NUTS

Maybe it was just me, but I had to mention it.

This tight gallery would also require an ultrasonic Fwiw.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love yellow gold, as everyone knows. I love the warmth of it. And - when all is said and done, 'white' metals are basically grey. And skin is beige. Who wears grey and beige together?? Whereas beige and yellow - waaaay better!

I think the situation is different with colored gems. All the pinks and blues look wonderful in white metals and they moderate skin tone. But for diamonds....I'm yellow gold all the way.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reset! Tastes change, do what will make you happy and wear your beautiful stone again.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for great suggestions! Most of them I have already tried and it still hasn't got me there. I always wear a gold band or 2 with my Margot. I think what has really got me is the bezel. I love the lab diamond setting so much; I just like the ACA diamond better! I think I not only want yg but also no prongs. The bezel is so easy. Of course, if I do reset my ACA in a gold bezel, then I probably won't wear the lab diamond as much. Lol, it is never ending, right?

I would never sell Margot. Just tuck her away til I like white again.

BTW, the only vote for "Gussie, just stop" was by DH! :lol:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should get exactly what you know you’ll wear most. Your Margot is stunning, but a chunky gold bezel is so amazing. If you switch, I’d hang onto the Margot to make absolutely sure if you’re wavering at all.

I wanted to mention as I’ve had a reset (way back when) that was an exact replica of this inspo. It was easy to wear and very comfy.

But…I think because of the combo of the detailed gallery + bezel + little donut, it actually trapped water. I wash my hands a lot, and found myself having to blow water out of the basket Every. Single. Time. Or, it would slowly seep out. It drove me NUTS

Maybe it was just me, but I had to mention it.

This tight gallery would also require an ultrasonic Fwiw.

I agree. I would definitely want a larger, open donut and a less fussy gallery.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give it to me and you can quit worrying about the metal :bigsmile:
Or reset it into YG because life is short, follow your heart, feed your soul.

Gussie if you give your ACA to Matata you'll have nothing to show for it.
Give it to me and you'll have ten bucks.

And we all know, Kenny is MUCH more lovable than her. :love::love::love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for what makes your heart sing. . .you will still have the Margot to go back to if you change your mind one day. I obviously like yellow gold as well - the richness of it gets me every time!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like yellow gold is the metal for you! I also say go for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results