carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.17 carat untreated Aqua!!!!
I have been looking for a gorgeous mid blue Aqua for a while. And I found one at Select Gem! Jason Brim and Eric Hoffman from Select Gem are super customer friendly and patient. It was a great experience working with them. Eric has sent me some additional photo's today and I decided to take the plunge.

The stone is a 3.17 ct untreated Aquamarine from Brazil, eye clean, 8.8mm. Cut in a custom cut corner square by cutter Donn Law.

Here is a pic of my new Aqua! My last Big Ban defying project :twisted:

_29368.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Ooooooooo, lovely addition! :love: Will that also make it into a ring?

I know you don't want to halo your electric blue topaz, but I came across this and it seemed perfect. What do you think?

_29369.jpg

_29370.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429800722|3866458 said:
Ooooooooo, lovely addition! :love: Will that also make it into a ring?

I know you don't want to halo your electric blue topaz, but I came across this and it seemed perfect. What do you think?

Thank you Sparkliesluver! Yes, the aqua will also be set into a ring. I wear the same pair of OEC studs every single day but I never get tired of rings. More practical compared to bracelets and something to truly enjoy because of the visible eye candy :lol:

Ooh, I love this design!! Definitely a contender! Don't delete it please 8-)

S

SparkliesLuver

You're welcome. I figured as much. Any initial thoughts for that one? I'm with you on never getting tired of rings. :) I love the visible eye candy too!

Yay! Glad you like it. haha I won't. :oops:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The untreated Aqua from Select Gem

Here are some more pics Eric Hoffman snapped for me with his cellphone.
The first two were taken in diffused indoor daylight. The last two were taken under daylight spectrum indoor lighting.

_29373.jpg

_29374.jpg

_29376.jpg

_29377.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429801189|3866468 said:
You're welcome. I figured as much. Any initial thoughts for that one? I'm with you on never getting tired of rings. :) I love the visible eye candy too!

Yay! Glad you like it. haha I won't. :oops:

This is my initital thought. I am open for other ideas, because I already have an inspired version with the Rubellite! In this case I would set it in YG (or 20 K RG?) and with (tabbed?) prongs instead of a bezel.

What do you think? Should I opt for a simpler option?

_29378.jpg

_29383.jpg

_29384.jpg

_29385.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!! :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
This is my initital thought. I am open for other ideas, because I already have an inspired version with the Rubellite! In this case I would set it in YG (or 20 K RG?) and with (tabbed?) prongs instead of a bezel.

Hm. Personally, I'd probably opt for a simpler version, but that's just me. I mainly say that because of your rubellite, plus there's something about this stone that says "don't overdue me" to me.

ETA: I do like the tabbed prongs idea.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1429803863|3866498 said:
Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!! :naughty:

Let me know if you have any ideas :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429808301|3866544 said:
Acinom said:

Hm. Personally, I'd probably opt for a simpler version, but that's just me. I mainly say that because of your rubellite, plus there's something about this stone that says "don't overdue me" to me.

ETA: I do like the tabbed prongs idea.

Mm, you might be right. Thanks for giving your honest opinion. Back to the drawing board!

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Mm, you might be right. Thanks for giving your honest opinion. Back to the drawing board!

I'll continue looking, but this one stood out. It gives you a little extra something, but not too much. And I think the side stones would look really nice with the cut of the stone.

option.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429809183|3866558 said:
Acinom said:

I'll continue looking, but this one stood out. It gives you a little extra something, but not too much. And I think the side stones would look really nice with the cut of the stone.

Thanks Sparkliesluver! Beautiful idea. I love these prongs. I see this design in white metal, while I was considering a warm metal.
Thanks for taking time to look for setting ideas. I really appreciate this :wavey:

S

SparkliesLuver

You're welcome. :) I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom you are on a roll! :lol:

The Aqua is beautiful! I love the setting you posted with the side stones. Soo... Are all of theses stones going to be set pre-ban??

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
3.17 carat untreated Aqua!!!!
I have been looking for a gorgeous mid blue Aqua for a while. And I found one at Select Gem! Jason Brim and Eric Hoffman from Select Gem are super customer friendly and patient. It was a great experience working with them. Eric has sent me some additional photo's today and I decided to take the plunge.

The stone is a 3.17 ct untreated Aquamarine from Brazil, eye clean, 8.8mm. Cut in a custom cut corner square by cutter Donn Law.

Here is a pic of my new Aqua! My last Big Ban defying project :twisted:
Aaahhhh ! You bought this one! I'd seen it on his site and FB before. It looks gorgeous. Please post more pics! Ban, what ban? [emoji23][emoji16]

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooer, an Aqua instead of vivid blue Topaz, or an Aqua IN ADDITION to the vivid blue topaz? :bigsmile:

I would probably set the aqua in a bezel with a chunky plain band because of the asymmetrical cut.

Looking forward to see the finished ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
That was a superb find Acinom! A medium blue for an untreated Aqua! I love aquas as it's my birthstone haha! Oh have you got any birthstone rings yet? :mrgreen: think it may take a good while before you can impose your self-ban... :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver: thank you!! You are such a kind person :wavey:

Ricezo: thank you for liking the aqua. The stones will be indeed be set pre-ban :twisted: The BiG BAN will be total and apply to stones and settings. I love the setting but also feel what Sparkliesluver said about simplicity. I found this inspiration setting. It is owned by a PSer, but I do not recall who owns it unfortunately. What do you think?

Mochiko: ah, you know the stone! I am so thrilled with it. And uhm.. Weren't you suppossed to be on a ban as well? :lol:

DK: whahaha! You know I like blues. The aqua is indeed in addition to the electric blue and vivid blue Topazes. Great setting idea. Thank you! Please post pics if you see any examples.

Bling Prism: I am working hard to prepare for the ban 8-) . Thank you for liking the Aqua. I checked and my birthstones are opal and tourmaline. Luckily I already have two tourmalines :lol: . Let me know if you feel other stones are missing.

_29434.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consolidation of pre-ban projects

1. Sugarloaf Paraiba in split shank platinum setting:
I received the photo's of the engraved head. I could use your help in deciding how to move forward!

2. Non colour matching sapphires have arrived safely in the US!!
Pfieh, what a relieve... I had not expected that they would safely arrive anymore. David received them yesterday afternoon. They will be set in the bypass design that Sparkliesluver showed me.

3. The yellow zircon will be cut in a few weeks by JW
Jeff has been very busy after Tucson, so it will take a while before the rough can be cut. Excited to add some yellow to the mix. Thinking about setting this in a similar setting that Sparkliesluver has for her green tourmaline, but perhaps in warm gold?

4. Electric blue topaz by Doug Menadue
Probably ready by the end of May. I think I will set it in something elaborate and in white metal.

_29447.jpg

_29448.jpg

_29449.jpg

_29450.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consolidation of pre-ban projects - Part two

5. Vivid medium blue topaz by Doug Menadue
I will set this in a white metal. I love the idea Sparkliesluver came up with.

6. Untreated blue Aqua by Select Gem!
Really excited about this. Thinking about setting it in a warm metal.

_29451.jpg

_29452.jpg

_29453.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
So many exciting projects!

I love the second inspiration photo for the Aqua!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429865815|3867002 said:

Thanks Ricezo! How are your projects progressing? When will your topaz be cut?
I like the clean lines of the second inspiration pic as well :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm so glad your sapphires reached David safe and sound. I'm sure you breathed a sigh of relief. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1429877007|3867053 said:
I'm so glad your sapphires reached David safe and sound. I'm sure you breathed a sigh of relief. :appl:

Thank you Sparklies!! I indeed did not expect it to happen, but I felt very relieved when I saw the tracking status had changed!!! Phew...
I still felt a bit anxious when I saw they had entered the wrong postal code, but the stones have indeed reached David safely.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1429869422|3867016 said:
ricezo|1429865815|3867002 said:

Thanks Ricezo! How are your projects progressing? When will your topaz be cut?
I like the clean lines of the second inspiration pic as well :love:

Barry has cut the topaz and its on its way to me! I will hopefully have it by mother's day to give to my mum!

I'm glad your sapphires made it to David safe and sound!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great news Ricezo!
Did Barry send you a photo if the finished product? And specs please!! It will be such a special Mother's day present :wavey:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
He did! It is 2.19ct and measures 7.5mm. Medium to medium-dark. I love the colour and mum prefers darker/richer gems so it's perfect! Barry is super sweet and also sent a little gift - a carved bowenite bead! I can't wait to see it.

_29518.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1429958597|3867544 said:
He did! It is 2.19ct and measures 7.5mm. Medium to medium-dark. I love the colour and mum prefers darker/richer gems so it's perfect! Barry is super sweet and also sent a little gift - a carved bowenite bead! I can't wait to see it.

What an amazing gem Ricezo!! I love the rich colour and the round shape :love:
Barry is such a charming person. So many cutters and stone vendors seem to have an excess of 'friendliness DNA.
Looking forward seeing your own pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results